PDA

View Full Version : Question How stupid are professional fitballers?

lapsedhibee
26-12-2012, 11:21 PM
In the Stoke v 'puddle game, Ryan Shawcross - lovechild of Brix off The Killing - runs alongside Suarez in the box for about ten metres pulling him back by his shirt. How stupid must Shawcross be to think the ref's going to miss that?

Suarez gets his shirt pulled for about ten metres - a clear penalty - and then decides to throw himself, forward, to the ground. How stupid must he be to think that refs believe that having your shirt pulled back can cause you to fall forward to the ground?

Suarez should have been booked for diving (then he'd have been off later on for trying to kick a lump out of the Stoke custodian).

clerriehibs
26-12-2012, 11:24 PM
In the Stoke v 'puddle game, Ryan Shawcross - lovechild of Brix off The Killing - runs alongside Suarez in the box for about ten metres pulling him back by his shirt. How stupid must Shawcross be to think the ref's going to miss that?

Suarez gets his shirt pulled for abouti ten metres - a clear penalty - and then decides to throw himself, forward, to the ground. How stupid must he be to think that refs believe that having your shirt pulled back can cause you to fall forward to the ground?

Suarez should have been booked for diving (then he'd have been off later on for trying to kick a lump out of the Stoke custodian).

If he's fouled, and the ref sees the foul and gives it, then how he goes down must be immaterial, as play has been stopped so far as the ref is thinking.

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Sometimes you don't get a penalty unless you hit the deck so I can understand why Suarez fell over. No excuses for Shawcross though absolute donkey for doing that.

CallumLaidlaw
26-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Was pointing this out to my dad earlier. Shawcross's tug on Suarez was stupid, but we slowed it down and watch Suarez look to the ref, and when nothing was given, he threw himself to the ground. Was both a penalty and a dive :greengrin

Geo_1875
26-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I think footballers fail to grasp the laws of physics, e.g. you get pushed you fall forwards and you get pulled you fall backwards. This makes them very stupid, but not as stupid as the referees who consistently fall for it.

Hibrandenburg
27-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I think footballers fail to grasp the laws of physics, e.g. you get pushed you fall forwards and you get pulled you fall backwards. This makes them very stupid, but not as stupid as the referees who consistently fall for it.

Just playing devils advocate, but what happens when someone is pulling you back and then suddenly lets go?

lapsedhibee
27-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Just playing devils advocate, but what happens when someone is pulling you back and then suddenly lets go?

Could be that congenital divers like Suarez bank on refs being acquainted with Newton's Laws of Motion. In this case Shawcross wasn't bright enough to let go. Not suddenly, not at all - he's probably still holding it now.

frazeHFC
27-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Was easily a penalty and shouldn't be booked for diving. Yeah his fall wasn't needed but still clear pen imo.