Are they singing about Wembley. :confused:

They seem to be annoyed with someone tonight. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
26-12-2012, 07:51 PM
0-1

Fireworks, and there usual bile.

Champions league final is at Wembley in may. They seem to think they may be there

Sir David Gray
26-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Champions league final is at Wembley in may. They seem to think they may be there

I'm sure their ditties about the IRA will go down a treat down there. :bitchy:

Just as well they won't be anywhere near Wembley in May.

Not for a match anyway.

silverhibee
26-12-2012, 08:02 PM

Ahh i see. F***ing idiots. :agree: :greengrin

Billy Whizz
26-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Ahh i see. F***ing idiots. :agree: :greengrin

It was at Wembley 2 years ago when Barca beat Man Utd, not sure how they've managed to get it so soon again?

Mr White
26-12-2012, 08:07 PM
To celebrate 150 years of the fa apparently and also because uefa were impressed by 2011.

vanNISHtelroy
26-12-2012, 08:07 PM
It was at Wembley 2 years ago when Barca beat Man Utd, not sure how they've managed to get it so soon again?

To do with the FA's 150th (?) anniversary is it not?

Sir David Gray
26-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Kelvin Wilson lucky to still be on the park after a snide elbow on a Dundee player.

Hopefully the compliance officer will be looking at the incident before Saturday.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Kelvin Wilson lucky to still be on the park after a snide elbow on a Dundee player.

Hopefully the compliance officer will be looking at the incident before Saturday.

They get away with murder every game, should be down to 10 men

silverhibee
26-12-2012, 08:24 PM
They get away with murder every game, should be down to 10 men

Just showed it again and it is clear he elbows Baird in the face, referee had his back to it so couldn't see it, sure the compliance officer will see it though, whether he does anything about it is is another thing though.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Just showed it again and it is clear he elbows Baird in the face, referee had his back to it so couldn't see it, sure the compliance officer will see it though, whether he does anything about it is is another thing though.

He'll be banned for Saturday's game. Can't see how the compliance officer won't deal with this, as the ref didn't give a card for the incident

Sir David Gray
26-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Should be 1-1.

Forster saves a header from Colin Nish from point blank range.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2012, 08:59 PM
2-0 Celtic, Hooper.

That's about the first thing they've done in the second half.

s2hart
26-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Its really winding me up how the presenter & commentator at every possible opportunity keep calling them 'the hoops'

Maybe it's just me!!

Broken Gnome
26-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Its really winding me up how the presenter & commentator at every possible opportunity keep calling them 'the hoops'

Maybe it's just me!!

Nope. Every piece of commentary in relation to them grates.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-12-2012, 09:35 PM
What a pash game :bitchy:

Wilson if not banned on Saturday is the weak link he's gash!

Feel a bit sorry for Dundee as they were pitched in at the last minute to the SPL and they are mince but it shows you how bad we are and they pumped us 3-0

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 11:06 PM
What a pash game :bitchy:

Wilson if not banned on Saturday is the weak link he's gash!

Feel a bit sorry for Dundee as they were pitched in at the last minute to the SPL and they are mince but it shows you how bad we are and they pumped us 3-0

I actually think they spread the ball out well and attempt to attack teams and usually it doesn't pay off, but I didn't think they were bad at Easter Road when we beat them 3-0, I felt pretty bad for Douglas who is still playing well in goals this season. Also Dundee beat us 3-1, not 3-0.

IWasThere2016
27-12-2012, 02:45 PM
0-1

Fireworks, and there usual bile.

DFC in local paper saying its worst in 40 years, and like a return to the 70's. Lower than slime :agree:

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 03:11 PM
DFC in local paper saying its worst in 40 years, and like a return to the 70's. Lower than slime :agree:

Any link mate. :aok:

It will be just as bad at ER on Saturday, a couple of extra hours of drinking for them and the party songs will be loud and clear just like they were last night, and there fireworks and flares will be on show, seems to be there new thing to do at away grounds they go to this season and think they are untouchable, along with the bile as well. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2012, 04:02 PM
They are certainly untouchable in the sense that you wouldn't want to touch them.

Hainan Hibs
27-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Have nothing but contempt for that club. They've got the party tune set just like the other flith from Glesgae but hide behind their "more than a club" dross.

I don't know what the worst aspect about Septic is, their bile or the unmeasurable love they have for themselves.

neilmartinrocks
27-12-2012, 05:44 PM

wonder if sportscene will show it on highlights tonight? :hmmm:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Didn't Murdo McLeod suggest during the half-time chit-chat, that Baird had ran into Wilson's elbow??

neilmartinrocks
27-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Didn't Murdo McLeod suggest during the half-time chit-chat, that Baird had ran into Wilson's elbow??

EH?:confused: just how tall is Baird?
I still like Murdo but some of this ott pro-tim pish is laughable.

VickMackie
27-12-2012, 06:56 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/peter-lawwell-apologises-to-dundee-after-dens-park-disturbance-1-2709387?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it#PhotoSwipe1356634539334

Greatest fans in the world!

Sir David Gray
27-12-2012, 11:50 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/peter-lawwell-apologises-to-dundee-after-dens-park-disturbance-1-2709387?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it#PhotoSwipe1356634539334

Greatest fans in the world!

Dundee FC operations manager Jim Thomson said that he was surprised at some of the behaviour among the Celtic fans. He said: “We were confiscating drink from supporters in the concourse leading to the turnstiles. They were clearly drunk coming in and we had a decision to make on whether we let them in and we took the decision that we had to let them in because we would have had other consequences if we didn’t."

:confused: I cannot believe that sentence.

How difficult can it be to refuse them entry to the stadium and then to have them arrested for breach of the peace or for being drunk and disorderly.

Dundee can surely only blame themselves if they have allowed people into the stadium when they were fully aware that they were drunk and causing disturbances before they even entered the ground.

Sylar
28-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Dundee FC operations manager Jim Thomson said that he was surprised at some of the behaviour among the Celtic fans. He said: “We were confiscating drink from supporters in the concourse leading to the turnstiles. They were clearly drunk coming in and we had a decision to make on whether we let them in and we took the decision that we had to let them in because we would have had other consequences if we didn’t."

:confused: I cannot believe that sentence.

How difficult can it be to refuse them entry to the stadium and then to have them arrested for breach of the peace or for being drunk and disorderly.

Dundee can surely only blame themselves if they have allowed people into the stadium when they were fully aware that they were drunk and causing disturbances before they even entered the ground.

Aren't the police required to intervene when such a need arises? If they had any doubts about the legislation/requirement for forceful removal, they should have made contact with the match commander (or whatever title he goes under these days).

Having said that, nothing the Tims do anymore shocks me. **** is as **** does and they're a heinous institution from top to bottom. Their record speaks for itself...much like their city neighbours (although this shouldn't be required as a qualification everytime something happens featuring the other).

And yet STILL they get perplexed when people speak out against them or refuse to back them in Europe.

.Sean.
28-12-2012, 12:59 AM
That club is scuum from top to bottom and it's high time everyone got tough on them and started to stand up to them.

H18sry
28-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Dundee official has labelled trouble within Dens Park on Boxing Day as 'serious disorder' and that scenes were 'a throwback to the 70s', as Celtic fans fought among themselves inside the stadium's concourse.

Celtic secured all three points against Dundee thanks to goals for Georgios Samaras and Gary Hooper, but the shock for Dundee came from the visiting support and their booze fuelled behaviour.

Dundee FC operations manager Jim Thomson, said: "There was widespread drunkenness, and I mean widespread, within the Celtic support. We were confiscating drink from supporters in the concourse leading to the turnstiles. They were clearly drunk coming in and we had a decision to make on whether we let them in and we took the decision that we had to let them in because we would have had other consequences if we didn't.

"Once in, they were abusing our turnstile staff, our canteen staff and even fighting among themselves, and I mean serious disorder within the concourse. All in all it was just not a nice experience. In the 20 years I've been organising games here at Dens Park I have never seen anything like that - it was a throwback to the 70s that we are all probably ashamed of.

"I would say that the scheduling of the fixture didn't help. Nonetheless, I don't want to make light of it, but I can have a skinful but I'm not going to go and behave like people did last night. It's just not acceptable."

According to further reports drunken Celtic fans urinated where they stood and trashed the away end toilets.

Thomson claimed that he stopped counting those fans ejected when he got to 40 in number, but one erroneous report claimed over 70 Celtic fans were involved in running battles, a Scotzine source put the number at around 30 Celtic fans, with the trouble starting before kick off as fans were being penned in towards the turnstiles outside the away end - far from the running battles that the newspaper paints a scene of.

One Celtic supporter reportedly blocked the way of a number of younger fans, creating a flash point in which the fan refusing to move was pushed back and through the turnstiles, when the three fans were through they were targeted by the fan and members of a Celtic supporters club, which escalated in

Fuelled by booze other so-called fans got involved as Tayside Police along with Stewards, according to our sources 'lost control of the situation and let the fans fight among themselves'.

A Tayside Police spokesperson confirmed that five supporters had been arrested, four Celtic supporters and one Dundee fan, she said: "There was a level of disturbance at the match, primarily within the Celtic section of the stadium. Five people are to be reported to the procurator fiscal for alleged football-related offences. Officers responded to the incidents quickly and took appropriate action."

Meanwhile, Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has apologised to Dundee, he said: "We are very proud that Celtic supporters enjoy such a great reputation and it is therefore extremely disappointing that the behaviour of a small minority has tarnished the good name of the club and our fans in this way.

"Clearly, we apologise to Dundee Football Club - we will work with them and look into any incident which is raised and if we can identify any individuals involved, we will obviously take the strongest possible action.

"We have received a number of complaints today from our own supporters about the conduct of this minority - we cannot allow our supporters' enjoyment of our matches to be affected in this way and we will not sit and allow the club's reputation to be damaged. Our supporters over many years have earned such a fantastic reputation for positively supporting the club, we will not allow this to be taken from them. It is time for all our true supporters who care about Celtic to unite with the club and find a solution to this problem."

The police, authorities and even the broadcaster showing the game on Boxing Day night have been criticised by some quarters for allowing the game to go ahead at 7.30pm, which gave fans plenty of time to get boozed up.

Thomson added: “The game should never have kicked off at 7.30pm on Boxing Day. It was a disaster waiting to happen. It gave the supporters too much time to get drunk. It’s just a joke to play a game at that time on that day. Everyone knows this time was chosen to fit in with the TV schedule but the atmosphere at the game was just frightening.

“That was meant to be the Celtic v Rangers game as we got Rangers’ place in the SPL. If that had been an Old Firm match do you think it would have been played at that time? I very much doubt it.”

Celtic could face sanctions from the Scottish Premier League over the trouble, if it is noted in the referee's report.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2012, 08:54 AM
As an side has the compliance officer not had a look at the Wilson elbow, or is that being swept under the carpet as well?

Pretty Boy
28-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Celtic fans don't cause any trouble.

They took 8 billion fans to Seville and there wasn't one arrest dontchaknow? In fact they were so well behaved the Spanish authorities actually released prisoners as an act of goodwill.

Sweet Left Peg
28-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Anyone who has had the misfortune of being in the side streets around Easter Road or London Road when they are in town knows full well that they are very far removed from the self proclamation of being "The Greatest Fans In The World". I think it is a case of the usual tit for tat old firm borefest of "we have to be the opposite of what Rangers are and their fans are known for being really bad so we'll tell everyone that we are really good and then that tells everyone we are really different from them". Hate them both. With a passion.

H18sry
28-12-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-20858367?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa :rolleyes:

Newhaven
28-12-2012, 01:01 PM
For Peter Liewell to come out and say 'were sorry' is laughable.

Im surprised that in this day and age people are STILL surprised by the antics of the jovial Celtic supporters.

Take your pick from drunken behaviour, shouting abuse at any random person who has the misfortune to be within earshot or treating each away day as a foreign holiday to wreck the place.

The only thing they are good for are local businesses selling tonic wine or chippies!

silverhibee
28-12-2012, 01:02 PM
That club is scuum from top to bottom and it's high time everyone got tough on them and started to stand up to them.

L&B can start with them tomorrow. :agree:

Sir David Gray
28-12-2012, 01:49 PM
As an side has the compliance officer not had a look at the Wilson elbow, or is that being swept under the carpet as well?

He's been charged by the SFA but he has until Monday to respond so he'll be available tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Jones28
28-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I think tomorrow will have an edge to it certainly, the last big game that kicked off at a sensible time/later time was the derby and there was a lot of pre match stuff between the fans on Albion road.

Especially because the worst well behaved fans in the world are in town

JimBHibees
28-12-2012, 03:03 PM
He's been charged by the SFA but he has until Monday to respond so he'll be available tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Really what a lot of nonsense that is.

.Sean.
28-12-2012, 03:07 PM
L&B can start with them tomorrow. :agree:

Lothian & Borders polis standing up to Celtic fans :hilarious

The police, and this joke 'FOCUS' outfit are part of the problem. Too scared to stand up to Celtic erseholes but now they will need to be seen to make a stand - And they'll clamp down on supporters of the smaller clubs. Always been that way, Celtic and Rangers supporters have been allowed to take the piss for far too long.