PDA

View Full Version : Not Normally one to single out players...

down-the-slope
26-12-2012, 07:00 PM
But Kuqui....:Ummm:

I said at match that if Happy Hibbie HT draw included a shirt for a second half supporter sub we would be likely to see more contribution if they came on :tee hee:

.Sean.
26-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Absolute carthorse. As I said earlier, he's that slow he'll not be having Christmas until next week.

I'd rather have Riordan or O'Connor :duck:

hibs4thecup1988
26-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Can you SERIOUSLY judge someone on 8 minutes of play? God sake it would take that long to warm up!

He should have been on at 65 minutes. He won a few headers and laid the ball off a few times. The only really bad thing was when he got the ball stuck between his feet.

Heisenberg
26-12-2012, 07:16 PM
He laid the ball off a few times to nobody. He's dreadful and currently a waste of a wage, anyone who can seriously argue that he deserves more time on the park needs their head examined.

hibs4thecup1988
26-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Not his fault Doyle ran the other way is it?

He chested the ball to Claros a few times. He passed the ball to Handling at one point perfectly.

Hainan Hibs
26-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Would like to see him for more than the few minutes he gets in his appearances, which mostly come when the team is playing humpty and Fenlon has run out of ideas.

Brooster
26-12-2012, 07:24 PM
He played from the start at qos he played 30 mins at Dundee and has came on late on numerous times and on each occasion he has been atrocious. He is holding younger players back. I'm actually beginning to detest him.

Iain G
26-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Won more balls in that box in eight mins than doyle did game! If we are resorting to hoofing it up the pitch at least lets get someone in the box who has a chance of winning a ball!!

.Sean.
26-12-2012, 07:26 PM
He played from the start at qos he played 30 mins at Dundee and has came on late on numerous times and on each occasion he has been atrocious. He is holding younger players back. I'm actually beginning to detest him.
Correct S. I've seen him in every game he's played with the exception of QOTS. In conclusion he's Tam Kite and years past it.

McKenzie
26-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Would honestly say he's worse than Konte, worst Hibs player I've ever seen

500miles
26-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Would like to see him for more than the few minutes he gets in his appearances, which mostly come when the team is playing humpty and Fenlon has run out of ideas.

This is, most likely, the source of the problem for me. He didn't score prolifically last season for nothing, but he's getting scraps right now.
Griffiths has no right to expect to start at the weekend, and Kuqi or Caldwell should be knocking at Pat's door for a start.

allezsauzee
26-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I think it speaks volumes that PF would rather play with no natural target man than play Kuqi. He was a last minute signing in the hope he'd give us an option but he is garbage. Vying with Joe Keenan for the worst player to pull on the jersey award.

Archie70
26-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Can you SERIOUSLY judge someone on 8 minutes of play? God sake it would take that long to warm up!

He should have been on at 65 minutes. He won a few headers and laid the ball off a few times. The only really bad thing was when he got the ball stuck between his feet.

Problem is he'd be struggling to last 9 minutes. Over 40 years I've followed Hibs and he's right up there with the worst of them. Absolute rank rotten, the guy is finished, his career is behind him. So unfit it beggars belief. I can see why Fenlon signed a big experienced player but it's not worked. He is a mistake that's getting a wage. Time to move him on.

Brightside
26-12-2012, 07:30 PM
I see no point in the player even being on the bench if he keeps being brought on with 5 mins to go. If he is not good enough to play for 30 mins get him the **** out of the team sheet.

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2012, 07:42 PM

i reckon he makes big tony higgins look like lionel messi, but i don't see why people should be angry at kuqi, or detest him, it's not his fault, i imagine he gives as good as he can, my thoughts are that PF HAS to play him..he brought him here after all and if he didn't even give him a bit part to play then questions would have to be asked

vanNISHtelroy
26-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Against us I was pretty happy when he came on, I know he was to give yous a different type of threat but the movement that Doyle and Griffiths were providing caused our defence a lot of problems.

trev the hat
26-12-2012, 07:53 PM

I said at match that if Happy Hibbie HT draw included a shirt for a second half supporter sub we would be likely to see more contribution if they came on :tee hee:

Whats the script with his contract as its one that needs tearing up. One of PF worst signings.

Mikeystewart
26-12-2012, 08:04 PM
He hasn't played much and I've heard he's a good guy to have in the dressing room with the youngsters.

From a footballing point of view he is a complete embarrassment of a signing, worrying if Caldwell isn't getting a game ahead of him.

Badabing
26-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Not a good day for the majority of our players but dearie me. My sofa is more mobile than he is and the ball would stick to it bettet. In fact on reflection rolling out a futon out would help more than bringing him on. If the kids are learning anything from him apart from brassing out a rubbish performance I'll be surprised.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2012, 08:06 PM
He hasn't played much and I've heard he's a good guy to have in the dressing room with the youngsters.

From a footballing point of view he is a complete embarrassment of a signing, worrying if Caldwell isn't getting a game ahead of him.

Then he should have been given a coaching role at the club and not a playing one.

Mikeystewart
26-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Then he should have been given a coaching role at the club and not a playing one.

I completely agree. :agree:

Geo_1875
26-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Not a good day for the majority of our players but dearie me. My sofa is more mobile than he is and the ball would stick to it bettet. In fact on reflection rolling out a futon out would help more than bringing him on. If the kids are learning anything from him apart from brassing out a rubbish performance I'll be surprised.

Your sofa must be hellish messy if the ball would stick to it. Kuqi does what is asked of him. He wins balls punted up front. If the other players can't get to it he can't take the blame.

Badabing
26-12-2012, 08:28 PM
My sofa is a shambles but I'm guesssing it's cheaper p/m than him and certainly costs less to feed.

marinello59
26-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Apart from his cameo appearance against Dundee United Kuqi generally does what is asked of him. Come on, add a bit of physical presence up front and make the ball stick up there. He is no where near as bad as the experts on here think.

silverhibee
26-12-2012, 08:31 PM
i reckon he makes big tony higgins look like lionel messi, but i don't see why people should be angry at kuqi, or detest him, it's not his fault, i imagine he gives as good as he can, my thoughts are that PF HAS to play him..he brought him here after all and if he didn't even give him a bit part to play then questions would have to be asked

And for these we 3-5 minutes he gets each game, comes an appearance bonus, would rather PF brought on one of the young lads instead.

Hiber-nation
26-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Your sofa must be hellish messy if the ball would stick to it. Kuqi does what is asked of him. He wins balls punted up front. If the other players can't get to it he can't take the blame.

He's finished.

Rory
26-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Are there any other hibs players comparable to household furniture ? I think this should be a new thread .

Capt Mainwaring
26-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Apart from his cameo appearance against Dundee United Kuqi generally does what is asked of him. Come on, add a bit of physical presence up front and make the ball stick up there. He is no where near as bad as the experts on here think.

Rubbish. He has no physical presence up front or anywhere else's on the park. He does not make the ball stick up there and is very clearly as bad as the experts on here believe.

There is very good reason why he has barely had game time since his abysmal showing at QOTS. He is appalling and gives no viable option whatsoever should Griffiths and Doyle need replaced.

The sooner he's emptied the better. Sick of seeing this type of trash at ER over the years

marinello59
26-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Rubbish. He has no physical presence up front or anywhere else's on the park. He does not make the ball stick up there and is very clearly as bad as the experts on here believe.

There is very good reason why he has barely had game time since his abysmal showing at QOTS. He is appalling and gives no viable option whatsoever should Griffiths and Doyle need replaced.

The sooner he's emptied the better. Sick of seeing this type of trash at ER over the years

Dingwall against Ross County. Doyle off , Kuqi on. We were much better for it. And I am a massive Doyle fan. Trash? Get a grip, unless you are Messi yourself of course.

Mr White
26-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Are there any other hibs players comparable to household furniture ? I think this should be a new thread .

I've got a lamp with a shade that looks like Lewis Stevensons napper. I've tried it in a couple of rooms and while its alright its never stayed in one place for very long.

SteveHFC
26-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Kuqi is a legend :agree::greengrin

marinello59
26-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Kuqi is a legend :agree::greengrin

OK, steady on, even I won't go that far.:greengrin

Capt Mainwaring
26-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Dingwall against Ross County. Doyle off , Kuqi on. We were much better for it. And I am a massive Doyle fan. Trash? Get a grip, unless you are Messi yourself of course.

Ok - you've put up such a convincing case, and since I'm not really Messi - you win. My eyes have been deceiving me all along.

Keep taking the tablets!

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I found it amazing today that the sponsors found a Hibs man of the match today. Did they just stick everybody's name in a hat and pick one out at random?

Love the Green
26-12-2012, 10:01 PM

And you are admitting to that.FFS he is as bad as the rest of the crap that calls themselves Hibs football players..actually worse than last seasons imposters..pish the lot of them. and the manager is worse 1 year on and we dont have any sort fo semi decent team.

keep the faith

Hiber-nation
26-12-2012, 10:04 PM
And you are admitting to that.FFS he is as bad as the rest of the crap that calls themselves Hibs football players..actually worse than last seasons imposters..pish the lot of them. and the manager is worse 1 year on and we dont have any sort fo semi decent team.

keep the faith

:confused:

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 10:22 PM

keep the faith

Doyle is so bad that he has scored 8 goals already this season and looks like he'll be scoring more. In the last year he has made the transition from League of Ireland to the SPL and has vastly improved and adapted to the league well. If you think he is crap what other strikers would you realistically take that put in as much effort as Doyle and continue to try his hardest regardless of how poor a match he is having. Get a grip, all of our players have been very good for most of the season and are just struggling for form now. Remember how bad it was for the last two years and you'll see a major improvement in everyone employed by the club as a player, manager or coach.

Ken
26-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I think it speaks volumes that PF would rather play with no natural target man than play Kuqi. He was a last minute signing in the hope he'd give us an option but he is garbage. Vying with Joe Keenan for the worst player to pull on the jersey award.

Oh my god, if you think Joe Keenan and Shefki Kuqi are the 2 worst players in the last x (20?) years then you obviously don't go to many games. Don't get me wrong Kuqi hasn't done much but to label him the worst player you've seen, and even Keenan, is a bit much.

HibeeN
26-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Doyle, except for a dip in form for a couple of poor games, has been one of our better players this season and we would not be in the position we are in without his goals. 8 this season is a good return, and when you consider that Griffiths is on 14 and 4(?) have been penalties, there isn't that much between what the two strikers have contributed.

Doyle didn't have a great game today. I thought his touch was heavy and let the ball get away from him a lot. And he needs to work on being able to win headers. But if he was the complete article he wouldn't be at Hibs, and I am very glad he is here.

HibeeN
26-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Doyle, except for a dip in form for a couple of poor games, has been one of our better players this season and we would not be in the position we are in without his goals. 8 this season is a good return, and when you consider that Griffiths is on 14 and 4(?) have been penalties, there isn't that much between what the two strikers have contributed.

Doyle didn't have a great game today. I thought his touch was heavy and let the ball get away from him a lot. And he needs to work on being able to win headers. But if he was the complete article he wouldn't be at Hibs, and I am very glad he is here.

AK86
26-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Your kidding eh?
the guys an embarrassment So is 5-1, so is 3-0 dundee and ict. So is QOTS, so is 2 up and losing, so is today. Who's the common denominator here?
Fenlon is a clown. One jammy win against them, that's all that separates him from calderwood

SteveHFC
26-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Your kidding eh?
the guys an embarrassment So is 5-1, so is 3-0 dundee and ict. So is QOTS, so is 2 up and losing, so is today. Who's the common denominator here?
Fenlon is a clown. One jammy win against them, that's all that separates him from calderwood

:faf:

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Your kidding eh?

Sorry but the only clown here is you. If you look at Fenlon's reign it is much better than Calderwood, it looks even better from the start of this season from when Fenlon was able to sign players on permanent contracts rather than a bunch of loanees he picked up in January. Every team hits a slump in form and Hibs have undoubtedly hit it at the moment. Also Dundee beat us 3-1 and not 3-0 so at the very least get your basic facts right before criticising anyone instead of being an absolute trumpet. Also if you believe that there is a difference of the thickness of a cigarette paper between Calderwood and Fenlon then you need your head examined as it is clear the team is much better than last season and from the last few years too.

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 11:17 PM

Should have gone with your response, that type of post didn't merit a full rant from myself :greengrin

AK86
26-12-2012, 11:17 PM
What did I say that wasn't true?
get your head out the sand FFS. Fenlons record is appalling

gegs70
26-12-2012, 11:22 PM
He must have been a decent playee at some stage, but his best years are behind him! He isnt an effective sub coming on with 5 minutes to go! He wasnt match fit when he came here and has had very little game time.....I would rather play one of the young players give them game time!

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 11:22 PM
He laid the ball off a few times to nobody. He's dreadful and currently a waste of a wage, anyone who can seriously argue that he deserves more time on the park needs their head examined.

Paddy signed him.

gegs70
26-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Won more balls in tthat box in eight mins than doyle did game! If we are resorting to hoofing it up the pitch at least lets get someone in the box who has a chance of winning a ball!!

Well mr g that was pants....Ross wanted to leave early.....Call childline i made him stay !!!!

lyonhibs
27-12-2012, 12:50 AM

Traditionally, if you are going to start a thread slagging off a player, at least spell his name right.

That said, he doesn't look remotely like a football player. He fills out his shirt to the extent that it looks like someone spray-painted it on. Horribly fat and slow, but if out first choice players aren't cutting the mustard in a game, how many options does PF really have??

JohnStephens91
27-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Traditionally, if you are going to start a thread slagging off a player, at least spell his name right.

That said, he doesn't look remotely like a football player. He fills out his shirt to the extent that it looks like someone spray-painted it on. Horribly fat and slow, but if out first choice players aren't cutting the mustard in a game, how many options does PF really have??

He isn't fat at all.

lyonhibs
27-12-2012, 12:54 AM

keep the faith

Oh now you've taken that too far. Put down the bottle and step away from any sharp objects. Doyle had a bit of a howler today, but he's got 8 goals already this season. Let's imagine he gets 15 goals this season, which doesn't seem massively unreasonable. Who else in the past 20 years has scored > 15 goals a season for us and would you have called them "crap" at the time.

lyonhibs
27-12-2012, 12:55 AM
He isn't fat at all.

Apologies. "Stocky" and slow.

LeighLoyal
27-12-2012, 12:59 AM
It's maybe a bit unfair to expect a guy like Kuqi to come on and change a game where we haven't created much, but he doesn't impress. I'd like to know how he fares in training because he looked off the pace and his first touch was poor.

monktonharp
27-12-2012, 01:03 AM
I found it amazing today that the sponsors found a Hibs man of the match today. Did they just stick everybody's name in a hat and pick one out at random?name a County man that was better.

Leishy1995
27-12-2012, 02:57 AM
If you think Kuqi is far, go stand next to him.

marinello59
27-12-2012, 05:49 AM
If you think Kuqi is far, go stand next to him.

Then he'll be close.:agree:

SMAXXA
27-12-2012, 07:42 AM
name a County man that was better.

Richie Britton and the guy with the ginger hair at the back ithought both were excellent. Let's be fair they need some credit for stifling us and they were hard to break down, unfortunately we had to score first to bring them out and open them up but it didn't happen. Both teams were pretty pish in reality

scoopyboy
27-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Richie Britton and the guy with the ginger hair at the back ithought both were excellent. Let's be fair they need some credit for stifling us and they were hard to break down, unfortunately we had to score first to bring them out and open them up but it didn't happen. Both teams were pretty pish in reality

Good player, the one I would take out their team.

Brizo
27-12-2012, 08:31 AM
It's maybe a bit unfair to expect a guy like Kuqi to come on and change a game where we haven't created much, but he doesn't impress. I'd like to know how he fares in training because he looked off the pace and his first touch was poor.

:agree:

Despite his lack of time on the pitch he must be training every day. Looked cumbersome, overweight and slow when I first saw him which I put down to him being out the game for a while. I cant see any of the improvement you would expect from daily training. Turns like an oil tanker and a previous posters Konte comparison is spot on.

hibsbollah
27-12-2012, 08:37 AM

Thats very generous. He's simply one of the most cumbersome, unathletic players I've ever seen. He did provide some 'entertainment' yesterday (I started laughing and shaking my head a couple of times), so I suppose we should be thankful.

Twa Cairpets
27-12-2012, 08:58 AM

One of my mates away at Love Street once came out with the immortal line, said in a serious tone. "There's [Tommy] McIntyre ready to pounce like a coiled wardrobe". Still not sure what this actually means.

Albanian Hibs
27-12-2012, 02:40 PM

keep the faith

Deary me...

Albanian Hibs
27-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Your kidding eh?

You are an embarrassment.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Your kidding eh?

That is pathetic......:rolleyes:

.Sean.
27-12-2012, 03:01 PM
One of my mates away at Love Street once came out with the immortal line, said in a serious tone. "There's [Tommy] McIntyre ready to pounce like a coiled wardrobe". Still not sure what this actually means.

EK_Hibs
27-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Would honestly say he's worse than Konte, worst Hibs player I've ever seen

Worse than Roland Edge?

Famous5forever
27-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Your kidding eh?

Leigh scored in the Dundee game the resul was 3-1 the same Dundee team that have beat the PBS Lot twice this season.:flag: