PDA

View Full Version : Winter break

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 05:08 PM
We really, really are needing the sixteen days off after the Hearts game. We've been unlucky with injuries and knocks (Claros, Clancy, McPake, Deegan, Griffiths are five key members of our squad) and it does concern me that we're going off the boil so much when stamina comes into play.

Really think that we need the time off to rest the players and also get cover in key positions; would rather we punted money on a few lower wage players untill the end of the season to prove themselves (those QOTS players like Carmichael for example and other lower league potential stars) so we've got cover when players are needing a rest. Would have hoped a few more youth players would have been knocking on the door of the first team rather than just Caldwell and Handling.

I fear that we might need to sacrifice one of the two games ahead to stand a chance of picking up anything. Punt on a youth team against Celtic to rest the five aforementioned players plus one or two others, take the hammering and look to get a bit of freshness back in for the derby.

macca70
26-12-2012, 05:14 PM
How much more rest can Deegan or McPake need?

They've not played for weeks!!

I think we were riding our luck earlier in the season and not getting the breaks we don't seem to have got the last few weeks.

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 05:20 PM
How much more rest can Deegan or McPake need?

They've not played for weeks!!

I think we were riding our luck earlier in the season and not getting the breaks we don't seem to have got the last few weeks.

McPake - been carrying a back injury for a while. Deegan - lost a ton of weight and was unable to train after having his jaw broken.

They're lacking match sharpness that can only come for a decent amount of game time. Patience.

Ozyhibby
26-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Can't see 16 days off improving that lot.

GreenCastle
26-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Some might say they need more practice :wink:

Deegan, McPake and Clancy aren't match fit - you could probably add in Kuqi also into that list.

If we were Barcelona with International players and traveled around the world to play then maybe but our players / footballers are too soft these days - especially at SPL level.

I'm_cabbaged
26-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Fek them, I need a break from the bassas.

Jamesie
26-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Can there be any excuse at all for Kuqi not being fit? He's been here long enough now.

sbell1875
26-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I do think we need it. Results, bar the Derby, have been poor for 5-6 weeks. Although the performances have been mixed at times I feel we're not getting too many breaks just now.

With the period without a game PF really needs to be looking at bringing in a couple of players. I feel we need a creative midfielder in the middle and another option up front because big Kuqi really isn't the standard.

skipster7
26-12-2012, 06:56 PM
I do think we need it. Results, bar the Derby, have been poor for 5-6 weeks. Although the performances have been mixed at times I feel we're not getting too many breaks just now.

With the period without a game PF really needs to be looking at bringing in a couple of players. I feel we need a creative midfielder in the middle and another option up front because big Kuqi really isn't the standard.

i would hope we get someone left sided so Cairney can play in the middle.Griffiths coming wide today but no midfielder getting in the box.:grr:

sbell1875
26-12-2012, 07:46 PM
i would hope we get someone left sided so Cairney can play in the middle.Griffiths coming wide today but no midfielder getting in the box.:grr:

For me an attacking central midfielder is a necessity. Taiwo, Claros & Deegan are all decent but not attacking. Another striker is a must as well because he clearly doesn't feel Caldwell is ready. Kuqi can go as far as I'm concerned. A waste of a wage and an XXXL shirt.