PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic (Merged we are totally cr@p threads)

SteveHFC
26-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Absolutely pathetic.

What the **** has been happening in recent weeks?

Amit
26-12-2012, 04:06 PM
That was a shocking performance.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Our unwillingness, or inability, to commit men from the midfield forward is going to continue to cost us.

We are so easy to.defend against.

Judas Iscariot
26-12-2012, 04:11 PM
This was always going to happen if LG got injured/suspended/left/lost interest

He was on fire earlier in the season as were we, the last 5/6 games however he's been posted missing...

No shock that we've been posted missing too

CB_NO3
26-12-2012, 04:12 PM
We are poor. We have been average all season tbf. Most fans I have spoke to know we have been riding our luck at times. Fenlon is quickly getting sussed out. We are so square in the middle of the park. Our midfield always go back the way and side ways. I dont mind having one negative midfielder but not two in the one team. I just hope we can get a few faces in January. We need to try and offload Galbraith, Sproule, Kujabi, Kuqi and Scott quickly to free up wages.

KiddA
26-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Well we have made improvement but now we are hitting the same form as we did last year based on the last five games. Petrie can go on and on about getting bums on seats but its all about the product on the park and it is poor at the moment. It is a sad state of affairs when a team that was playing in the Highland league 20 years ago comes to Easter Road and picks up three points. There is clearly major issues at Easter Road and it starts at the very top our early season form really just patched up the cracks. Now we go into the next two games against Celtic and Hearts and its not looking good :rolleyes: Celtic are in a bit of form and when was the last time we got a decent result at Tynie

Waxy
26-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Can't say we are poor.
I'd say inconsistant.
Still doing far better than last season.
Roll on the next transfer window though.

matty_f
26-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Our unwillingness, or inability, to commit men from the midfield forward is going to continue to cost us.

Yep. Mentioned the same in the Killie match thread. We need folk getting into the box or at least looking like they want to score.
At the moment it's our good start to the season that's keeping the heat off but if we continue like this we're going to be bottom 6.

hibee_girl
26-12-2012, 04:16 PM

:agree:

we always sit far too deep and then when someone actually puts a good ball into the box there's never any of our players there! :rolleyes:

Fergus52
26-12-2012, 04:16 PM
If cairney and spoony can't get the better of their opposing fullback in a match then we have no creativity at all and are easily found out

Mango Man
26-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Hibs have ruined many a Christmas. What is it with us? getting beat home and away from a newly promoted club, who are probably on at least half our budget, utter tripe, can we just not have a mildly consistent season for once?!

Raging.

Frogga
26-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Teams have worked us out now. You saw it against hearts when they doubled up on cairney. Fenlon seems to focus his attacks down the wings (through wotherspoon and cairney) and that's why a lot of our goals are from low crosses and cut backs. If teams can nullify spoony and cairney then we're stuck as our tactics are not designed to use our cm's in the last 1/3 of the pitch and the strikers have no supply.

Hainan Hibs
26-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Desperately need two pacey wingers who can beat a man and a playmaker in the middle of the park.

SneakersO'Toole
26-12-2012, 04:22 PM
The inevitable winter slump continues it would seem. That was as bad a performance as I've seen since Fenlon took over.

Lets not put that down to another bad day at the office. Beaten by a poor Ross County side at home is unacceptable. That's 4 points from 21 with Celtic and Hearts next. That's relegation form.

Progress has been made but I would also argue that teams have worked us out. Press high and press hard and we'll concede possession like a u-5's aide.

For everything County lacked in terms of quality, they made up for it in endeavour, spirit and work rate. We on the other hand looked like we would turn up and win. Its no surprise that as soon as Griffiths goes off the boil so does the whole team. The passing as gone to be replaced with hoof ball. The confidence is gone to be replaced by headless chickens.

I hope Fenlon is banging Petrie's door down for replacements because we need them. Players like Spoony and Doyle are continually playing when they need dropped. We have no width, no creativity and rely far to heavily on Griffiths for that magic spark.

Absolutely no positives to take from today apart from that our MOM was a 18yr who came on with 30mins to go and showed more desire than the entire team. I hope the players are utterly ashamed with that performance. Woeful.

CB_NO3
26-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Can't say we are poor.
I'd say inconsistant.
Still doing far better than last season.
Roll on the next transfer window though.
72 mins to get a shot on target at home to Ross County. Thats more than poor.

HibeeN
26-12-2012, 04:24 PM
If cairney and spoony can't get the better of their opposing fullback in a match then we have no creativity at all and are easily found out

Yep. Our centre midfielders offer nothing going forward so we rely on Cairney and Spoony to link up with the strikers, so when they don't play well then there is little chance of us scoring from open play. Don't know what happened to Cairney today, think that's been his poorest performance this season, can't remember anything he did in terms of creating an attack. Not his usual standard of performance.

Really disappointing result. Was hoping we could pull off a surprise against Celtic on Saturday but that seems very unlikely.

I'm_cabbaged
26-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Yep. Our centre midfielders offer nothing going forward so we rely on Cairney and Spoony to link up with the strikers, so when they don't play well then there is little chance of us scoring from open play. Don't know what happened to Cairney today, think that's been his poorest performance this season, can't remember anything he did in terms of creating an attack. Not his usual standard of performance.

Really disappointing result. Was hoping we could pull off a surprise against Celtic on Saturday but that seems very unlikely.

Celtic will take 6 of us if we play like that.

Westie1875
26-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Respect to Griffiths, McGivern and Kuqi who had the guts to face the fans at the final whistle, the rest did a disappearing act Houdini would be proud of!

Amit
26-12-2012, 04:40 PM
The inevitable winter slump continues it would seem. That was as bad a performance as I've seen since Fenlon took over.

Lets not put that down to another bad day at the office. Beaten by a poor Ross County side at home is unacceptable. That's 4 points from 21 with Celtic and Hearts next. That's relegation form.

Progress has been made but I would also argue that teams have worked us out. Press high and press hard and we'll concede possession like a u-5's aide.

For everything County lacked in terms of quality, they made up for it in endeavour, spirit and work rate. We on the other hand looked like we would turn up and win. Its no surprise that as soon as Griffiths goes off the boil so does the whole team. The passing as gone to be replaced with hoof ball. The confidence is gone to be replaced by headless chickens.

I hope Fenlon is banging Petrie's door down for replacements because we need them. Players like Spoony and Doyle are continually playing when they need dropped. We have no width, no creativity and rely far to heavily on Griffiths for that magic spark.

Absolutely no positives to take from today apart from that our MOM was a 18yr who came on with 30mins to go and showed more desire than the entire team. I hope the players are utterly ashamed with that performance. Woeful.

Agree with this...

Stevie Reid
26-12-2012, 04:43 PM
We were awful today but still had enough chances to sneak a win (3 headers, McPake first half, Griffiths and Doyle in the second). County were well organised and we struggled to break them down but we certainly didn't deserve to lose, RC scored a very fortunate goal, which was their only meaningful attack and a disaster for us in terms of how the game was panning out. Thought Pat got the subs wrong again, wouldn't have taken Wotherspoon off, but our chronic lack of options from the bench was again highlighted when the dangerous players in the first choice eleven aren't performing.

Disappointing times but 0 points from 9 in our last 3 home games is a ridiculous return given the respective performances. A no score draw would have been a fair result today.

GreenCastle
26-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Not an over reaction here - but that was unacceptable.

If you have a reasonable understanding of football you will have seen we have improved this season. We have had better commitment/effort than previous years but today was like old times.

Terrible decision making, bad technique (poor 1st touch by many of the players), not working as a team, limited movement and no creativity. Several of these are linked but the minimum you would expect from a pro footballer.

Several players aren't performing and it's really hurting us. We are not a one one team as many have said and haven't been riding our luck - we have just stopped doing the basics and too many players having poor games is affecting the team.

I don't think our shape was very good today - I can see why we play we 2 deep sitting midfielders but today when we needed an attacking midfielder with some sort of vision we struggled. So many times the ball went backwards - why don't players open up when they receive it ? I believe if Claros is fit he should be playing as the two central midfielders don't balance well.

The tempo was slow - we took so long to do everything which allowed them to get back - set up and be ready.

Ross County were one of the poorest teams I've seen at ER along with Dundee this season and although they weren't very attacking we shouldn't be looking less hungry than them.

Two really tough games coming up - in the last 3 games we should have had at least 7 points - instead we have 1.

Not a bed wetter - just a realist that we are actually looking like we have got worse compared to the start of the season. New faces are needed but still more effort and quality from those playing and Fenlon to sort his team selections / tactics and we will start picking up points again.

On a side note - am I the only one worried with the lack of young quality coming through - not just judging by today but are our youngsters simply not up the standard?

sleeping giant
26-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Yep. Mentioned the same in the Killie match thread. We need folk getting into the box or at least looking like they want to score.
At the moment it's our good start to the season that's keeping the heat off but if we continue like this we're going to be bottom 6.

Looking like the year when we were in the mix ,at crimbo under yogi and hardly won a game for the rest of the season. Worrying

K.Marx
26-12-2012, 04:55 PM
We desperately need some forward runners from centre midfield. Too many times Cairney and Spoony have the ball in wide positions with few options to aim for. Claors, Taiwo and Deegan are more comfortable with the ball at their feet and you rarely see them making supporting runs. Very very poor performance today against a Div 1 outfit at best.

Fergus52
26-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Really? I think Doyle's looked one of our more dangerous players the past few games, and thought he's looked better than griffiths recently

Moon unit
26-12-2012, 04:57 PM
No pace, lack of invention. Hibs did little to excite the fans from the 1st few minutes.The game looked a bomb scare from 2nd or 3rd minute. We need someone(apart from Griffiths) who will excite the fans again!

marinello59
26-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Really? I think Doyle's looked one of our more dangerous players the past few games, and thought he's looked better than griffiths recently

Aye. he was superb last week. My favourite player of the season so far.

scoopyboy
26-12-2012, 05:02 PM

I agree but at least the two players you have mentioned have scored this season.

Deegan, Taiwo and Claros barely have had a shot at goal, never mind scored. Not too many assists either from memory.

I know all midfielders aren't there for creativity but we have no spark at all.

This slump IMO has been coming for a while.

We badly need players in during the January window.

Daz1875
26-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I fear for our next two games after that performance today

TornadoHibby
26-12-2012, 05:11 PM

Lack of creativity is our biggest problem this season and has been an issue since Zemmama left IMO!!

No one can slide that defence splitting pass through to create a goal scoring opportunity where beford it there was none! :confused:

steviehibsleith
26-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Few posts on here commenting on the lack of creativity and midfieders not helping when we have the balls with wingers going forward.
Ok heres a idea has any body heard of the term WINGBACK .
Evra ashley cole downing zabaleta .... just stating a few big obvious ones but IMO when we have the ball and are going forward then we should have defenders doing so also this happens everywhere now - even boys clubs are implementing this.
Spurs game on telly now and bale has been overlapped at least 3 times already by his left back it the way forward PF .

In fact do we know the term Overlap ?

marinello59
26-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Lack of creativity is our biggest problem this season and has been an issue since Zemmama left IMO!!

No one can slide that defence splitting pass through to create a goal scoring opportunity where beford it there was none! :confused:

Zemmama ..one of the most over rated players we have ever had. A few totally outstanding games and a hell of a lot more anonymous performances. The pattern developed from his damp squib of a debut up at Inverness.

SneakersO'Toole
26-12-2012, 05:18 PM
No pace, lack of invention. Hibs did little to excite the fans from the 1st few minutes.The game looked a bomb scare from 2nd or 3rd minute. We need someone(apart from Griffiths) who will excite the fans again!

Today he was shocking. Has a poor first. Continually drops back only to either lose possession or pass back to a defender. Weak on the ball. Not great in the air. No anticipation. Rarely drives forward with any sort of creativity or confidence.

He has his strengths but I remain unconvinced. His recent goals dont change that for me. He and Griffiths are too similar and for me its LG in the team every time.

GreenCastle
26-12-2012, 05:21 PM
For those who think Doyle is crap - have a word - he has scored some important goals this season and at least looks like he is bothered. He has improved quite a bit since he arrived at Hibs.

The lack of goals and vision from centre midfield has been a problem and taking 70 mins to have your first shot on goal at home to Ross County is embarrassing.

loanheadhibby
26-12-2012, 05:22 PM

What is plan b for us?

was at corporate game recently and Petrie was saying how well manager was doing and he had to get one right eventually! I thought to myself it's a bit early for those sort of statements. There has been improvement but jury is out on pat for me.

#FromTheCapital
26-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Was a really poor game, both teams were terrible. I wouldn't say we deserved to lose, a draw would of been a fair result although that really doesn't matter. If we get a point from the next 2 matches il be happy. Would happily take a ****ging from Celtic for a point at tynecastle

Frazerbob
26-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree but at least the two players you have mentioned have scored this season.

Deegan, Taiwo and Claros barely have had a shot at goal, never mind scored. Not too many assists either from memory.

I've lost track of the number of windows where we've needed wholesale changes. We keep plugging the gaps with short term solutions, who invariably turn out not to be the solution. I realise the days of Jim McLean style 5 to 10 year contracts are gone however we really need to start getting players in for a minimum of a couple of years so we can start to build a more consistent squad. If not, we will keep staggering from one window to the next.

Golden Bear
26-12-2012, 05:26 PM
What is plan b for us?

was at corporate game recently and Petrie was saying how well manager was doing and he had to get one right eventually! I thought to myself it's a bit early for those sort of statements. There has been improvement but jury is out on pat for me.

Yip, I agree. PF has not done enough to convince me that he's the right man for the job.

.Sean.
26-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Thought it was all Maybury's fault the last few weeks though, and when we had Super James back to lead Hanlon (a 23 year-old with over 100 games played who apparamtly needs extra help to get through matches) everything would be rosy again?

That was dire and as bad as I can remember. Fenlon doesn't know how to change a game. As for Kuqi...

Hibernia&Alba
26-12-2012, 05:29 PM
No excuses, today was awful. A home defeat against Ross County is a sore one, but we all knew we'd hit a bad pitch sooner or later. At least this season there'll be no relegation battle unless we go into complete freefall, which personally I don't think will happen. If we can finish top six, it would be a huge improvement this season. Let's not panic. The squad isn't deep enough and we need strenthening, but this isn't a crisis, just a bad run. Time to return to basics and grab a few wins.

We should be used to setbacks by now!

The Celtic game could be a long afternoon, but there's no need to fear the derby. It could be just the game the we need.

ballengeich
26-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I'll just add my support to the view several people have already expressed - the central midfielders contribute next to nothing going forward. I don't think any of Claros, Deegan and Taiwo has scored this season and they've not set up many chances for anyone else. They all pass the ball either sideways or backwards, then move backwards to receive a return pass. One of that type in a midfield breaking up opponents' attacks is good, but for me he needs a partner who can see and make an incisive forward pass.

We'll be bottom six is recent form continues.

TornadoHibby
26-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Zemmama ..one of the most over rated players we have ever had. A few totally outstanding games and a hell of a lot more anonymous performances. The pattern developed from his damp squib of a debut up at Inverness.

I have no intention of getting involved in a debate about whether Zouma was a good or great player or whatever your particular 'bee in the bonnet' is about him!

IMO, Zouma was the last player at ER who could generate goalscoring opportunities from midfield for our strikers!

We have no such player(s) now and our small strikers virtually have to generate their own scoring chances or they will get none!

I am thinking of changing the future in terms of Hibs results in terms of my comments and NOT wallowing in this past like some seem to want to do!

smack
26-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Are you having a laugh. Handling did exactly the same as the rest of the midfield. As soon as he got the ball he passed the ball back the way. Thought he would have been a lot more positive driving at players but didn't seem interested in doing so

Ozyhibby
26-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Have to agree, Handling showed no interest in running at the Ross County defence and was more interested in making sure he did not lose possession by constantly passing backward.
Poor show when a teenager is afraid to have a run at a tiring defence.

The Green Goblin
26-12-2012, 06:02 PM

4 from 21...... (?!) When you put it like that...

allezsauzee
26-12-2012, 06:03 PM
We were never the best team in the league when we were at the top, just like we're not the worst team in the league now. We will have the usual clamour for wholesale changes that we do every time the team hits a bad run. The only way out of this is for the players and management team to work hard and battle our way back. Maybe some of the fans need to start showing the same resolve as we expect from the players though :duck:

skipster7
26-12-2012, 06:03 PM
We were awful today but still had enough chances to sneak a win (3 headers, McPake first half, Griffiths and Doyle in the second). County were well organised and we struggled to break them down but we certainly didn't deserve to lose, RC scored a very fortunate goal, which was their only meaningful attack and a disaster for us in terms of how the game was panning out. Thought Pat got the subs wrong again, wouldn't have taken Wotherspoon off, but our chronic lack of options from the bench was again highlighted when the dangerous players in the first choice eleven aren't performing.

Disappointing times but 0 points from 9 in our last 3 home games is a ridiculous return given the respective performances. A no score draw would have been a fair result today.
totally agree:agree:

SneakersO'Toole
26-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Are you having a laugh. Handling did exactly the same as the rest of the midfield. As soon as he got the ball he passed the ball back the way. Thought he would have been a lot more positive driving at players but didn't seem interested in doing so

He showed desire and a willingness to try generate something. Yes his inexperience let him down on occassions but would love to know what the first elevens excuse was today for that abject performance.

Regarding the point some have made about central midfielders not busting gut to get in the box, surely it would help if we actually got crosses into the box? This doesn't/rarely happens. Cairney is playing out of position and Wotherspoon is starting to go backwards again.

We need GENUINE wingers to actually beat a man, create space and deliver inviting crosses into opposition boxes.

As for the central midfielders, I would agree one is enough. Cairney should be moved there once an adequate left winger is procured and then its got to be one of Deegan or Taiwo.

ekhibee
26-12-2012, 06:09 PM
For those who think Doyle is crap - have a word - he has scored some important goals this season and at least looks like he is bothered. He has improved quite a bit since he arrived at Hibs.

The lack of goals and vision from centre midfield has been a problem and taking 70 mins to have your first shot on goal at home to Ross County is embarrassing.

Yep, totally agree. Didn't have his best game today but was still better than the rest of them, in particular Griffiths who should have been subbed instead of him. Wotherspoon was pants too, and so were several others.

patch1875
26-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Midfield is woeful need to watch bale in action today may learn a bit

Iain G
26-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Midfield is woeful need to watch bale in action today may learn a bit

I kept forgetting Taiwo was playing, Deegan lookes off the pace but did seem to step it up when we were chasing the game and Claros was a bit more positive than Taiwo to get the ball forward. We have a decent defence and two forwards who can score goals but we have a flat one paced midfield lacking pace and creativity and the desire to get in the box...IF Pat can sort this midfield out in Jan and bring in someone to challange our incumbent forwards then we will be in better shape...

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I'll just add my support to the view several people have already expressed - the central midfielders contribute next to nothing going forward. I don't think any of Claros, Deegan and Taiwo has scored this season and they've not set up many chances for anyone else. They all pass the ball either sideways or backwards, then move backwards to receive a return pass. One of that type in a midfield breaking up opponents' attacks is good, but for me he needs a partner who can see and make an incisive forward pass.

We'll be bottom six is recent form continues.

There is also the fact that with McPake and Clansey back we now have 4 central defenders across the back and of course the 2 sitting midfielders . Of the 4 remaining players only Griffiths has any pace. We have been riding our luck all season and are now getting found out even by poor teams like Ross County.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Very poor performance today, not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.

Really fear for us on Saturday, based on how things have been going over the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Then we're at Tynecastle in 8 days' time. :rolleyes:

Thankfully, after that game we have a couple of weeks to gather our thoughts before we return to action. It looks like we're going to need it.

Tyler Durden
26-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I have no intention of getting involved in a debate about whether Zouma was a good or great player or whatever your particular 'bee in the bonnet' is about him!

IMO, Zouma was the last player at ER who could generate goalscoring opportunities from midfield for our strikers!

We have no such player(s) now and our small strikers virtually have to generate their own scoring chances or they will get none!

I am thinking of changing the future in terms of Hibs results in terms of my comments and NOT wallowing in this past like some seem to want to do!

Not the case. Cairney has 6 assists this season, so he is quite capable of generating chances.

Unfortunately if neither he or Wotherspoon hit form, then yes, the strikers are feeding from scraps. Fenlon seems content with this though, as the central midfield are clearly not instructed to get in the box and support attacks. Inexplicable when playing bottom 6 teams at home.

AFKA5814_Hibs
26-12-2012, 07:44 PM
That seriously was one of the worst Hibs performances i've seen in years. I've watched Hibs since the early 80's and don't think it was any better than under the days of Blackley, Miller, Duffy or Calderwood, it was THAT ****** poor. I mean really, against a Ross County team that looked like they had no idea whatsover on how to score a goal and were from the word go happy for a 0-0 draw, also they had some no mark Yam Gary Glen as their main striker. :bitchy: What a ****** embarrassment.

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Our current form is shocking 4 points out of a possible 21 we started so well as well whats gone wrong ? on the positive we are only 5 points off 2nd place but 3 points off 9th and i cant see where we are going to get a win from.

Greenblood70
26-12-2012, 07:47 PM
We were pish today, no excuses.

I was hoping we'd develop the confidence from the results in the first part of the season and start playing better football. It seems the opposiite is happening and as soon as we are put under pressure the players bottle it again completely. ****ing sick of watching the gash we have had to put up with season after season. Bringing on huddies liked Kuqi in the last ten minutes of games just rubs salt in the wounds. Is there a worse "well run" club than Hibs on a footballing level??? We are gash and getting worse.

marinello59
26-12-2012, 07:54 PM

I have no bee in the bonnet about him. When he was good he was very very good. Happened all too rarely unfortunately. Remember our two cup games against Ayr United that ended up with us leaving the competition. That's just the type of game that is if often thrown up as us lacking a Zouma type of player. Where was he then?
Not me wallowing in the past by the way. :greengrin

hibsbollah
26-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I have no bee in the bonnet about him. When he was good he was very very good. Happened all too rarely unfortunately. Remember our two cup games against Ayr United that ended up with us leaving the competition. That's just the type of game that is if often thrown up as us lacking a Zouma type of player. Where was he then?
Not me wallowing in the past by the way. :greengrin

I think Zouma was one of the most underrated players we've had over the years. Don't recall the Ayr Utd but if you bring up any one game out of fifty I dare say you could make any case against any player...

yeezus.
26-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I was really looking forward to the game against Celtic on the 29th but now I'm dreading it. I'll still get behind the team and think that Pat Fenlon is the man for the job but we can't keep saying "Our results may be bad but they aren't as bad as last year" - what I saw at Dundee, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock has been awful.

marinello59
26-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I think Zouma was one of the most underrated players we've had over the years. Don't recall the Ayr Utd but if you bring up any one game out of fifty I dare say you could make any case against any player...

Under rated? How many games did he dominate then ? Don't get me wrong, I loved him and when he was on song he was great. But I would struggle to recall more than a two or three games where the opposition found him unplayable.

Jones28
26-12-2012, 08:06 PM
No excuses, today was awful. A home defeat against Ross County is a sore one, but we all knew we'd hit a bad pitch sooner or later. At least this season there'll be no relegation battle unless we go into complete freefall, which personally I don't think will happen. If we can finish top six, it would be a huge improvement this season. Let's not panic. The squad isn't deep enough and we need strenthening, but this isn't a crisis, just a bad run. Time to return to basics and grab a few wins.

We should be used to setbacks by now!

The Celtic game could be a long afternoon, but there's no need to fear the derby. It could be just the game the we need.

The most sensible post this evening by a long way

Greenblood70
26-12-2012, 08:07 PM
I'd ****ing kill to watch someone as entertaining as Zouma in the team now. I've been bored to tears watching us of late. Alex Miller would have been facing calls for his hanging if we'd performed like that in his reign. |Funny how people see things differently in different eras cos for me that was an utterly abject performance as I've seen in many a year against a really, really ***** football team.

marinello59
26-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I'd ****ing kill to watch someone as entertaining as Zouma in the team now. I've been bored to tears watching us of late. Alex Miller would have been facing calls for his hanging if we'd performed like that in his reign. |Funny how people see things differently in different eras cos for me that was an utterly abject performance as I've seen in many a year against a really, really ***** football team.

Plenty would have killed to see someone as entertaining as Ivan Sproule in the team right now. Lets keep looking back.

Greenblood70
26-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Plenty would have killed to see someone as entertaining as Ivan Sproule in the team right now. Lets keep looking back.

Ach, perhaps your right man..just totally hacked off the night wi everything Hibernian..had a ***** day from the unnecesarry hassle trying to pick up tickets to some of the fannies I was surrounded by today.

I am concerned tho that sometimes our quest to remain positive post that day we never speak of means we fail to question and debate our current weaknesses and those of the management properly. I think that was what I was trying to get at in my own ham fisted way in the previous post.

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 09:45 PM

Petrie runs a tight ship every penny from extra bums on seats goes to Paddy to improve the squad we are only 5 points of second place FFS Think positive.

J-C
26-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Went straight out to work when I got in from the game and 1st chance to post.

Shocker of a performance, no width, zero creativity, central midfield all pretty much the same( defensive minded ), zero pace and certain players living off early season performances.

Playing our most creative player on the left wing :confused:
Lumping ball's up to a pretty small striker and another who cannot jump.
3 defensive style midfielders in the squad when 2 would be enough for rotation.
Picking certain players even though they've been pants for about a month now ( Spoony, Sparky )
A goalie who cannot distribute the ball except lumping it upfield

On the plus side the defence looked more solid and Clancy/Hanlon were by far our best players today ( shows how bad the rest were ).

We need width and a creative midfielder asap, maybe playing 3 at the back and having 2 wingbacks might be the answer, or at least 1 decent winger, we need something different very soon or it's another season of disappointment again.

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Went straight out to work when I got in from the game and 1st chance to post.

Shocker of a performance, no width, zero creativity, central midfield all pretty much the same( defensive minded ), zero pace and certain players living off early season performances.

Playing our most creative player on the left wing :confused:
Lumping ball's up to a pretty small striker and another who cannot jump.
3 defensive style midfielders in the squad when 2 would be enough for rotation.
Picking certain players even though they've been pants for about a month now ( Spoony, Sparky )
A goalie who cannot distribute the ball except lumping it upfield

On the plus side the defence looked more solid and Clancy/Hanlon were by far our best players today ( shows how bad the rest were ).

We need width and a creative midfielder asap, maybe playing 3 at the back and having 2 wingbacks might be the answer, or at least 1 decent winger, we need something different very soon or it's another season of disappointment again.

Petrie needs to get the cash splashed in the January window there is far to much dross in the squad that needs to be removed 2 new defenders 2 midfield players and retain Leigh for starters.:pfgwa

broomie hibs
26-12-2012, 10:20 PM
First time post here after years of lurking so go easy please ! , i cant believe all the negativity that comes with being a hibs fan afterall its not unusual for us to go on a pre and post xmas slump but i think the difference is this year we are in a better position to come out of our slump and push on for a decent top six place , i reckon a push for second isnt out the realms of possibility as any team that can keep its self in the top six post split can challenge for that second spot ! sorry for being so positive and going against the grain of this thread like !

26-12-2012, 10:35 PM
First time post here after years of lurking so go easy please ! , i cant believe all the negativity that comes with being a hibs fan afterall its not unusual for us to go on a pre and post xmas slump but i think the difference is this year we are in a better position to come out of our slump and push on for a decent top six place , i reckon a push for second isnt out the realms of possibility as any team that can keep its self in the top six post split can challenge for that second spot ! sorry for being so positive and going against the grain of this thread like !

What's concerning to me mate is that I can't see when the slump is gonna end. I predict zero points from the next 2 games, hopefully a win against Dundee, then nothing from Aberdeen and Ross Co away. Well there may be a point picked up somewhere on the road, if we're lucky. Add into the equation that some players might be be away soon and it's not a very pretty picture. Hopefully PF can unearth another few Cairney type finds for much cheapness.

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 10:40 PM
What's concerning to me mate is that I can't see when the slump is gonna end. I predict zero points from the next 2 games, hopefully a win against Dundee, then nothing from Aberdeen and Ross Co away. Well there may be a point picked up somewhere on the road, if we're lucky. Add into the equation that some players might be be away soon and it's not a very pretty picture. Hopefully PF can unearth another few Cairney type finds for much cheapness.

we have enough fuel in the tank Dundee are doomed so we dont have the Dunfy problem like wee had last year, wee have too think positive wee are only 5 points off second.:pfgwa

26-12-2012, 10:45 PM
we have enough fuel in the tank Dundee are doomed so we dont have the Dunfy problem like wee had last year, wee have too think positive wee are only 5 points off second.:pfgwa

I sometimes forget that a top 6 finish would be massive progress compared to the last couple of seasons. I don't think I'm the only one though.

Green Fish
26-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Time to give young Stanton the chance to shine and brighten up a dull MF and create some chances for our front 2

lyonhibs
26-12-2012, 11:12 PM
That was football in slow motion. Like, genuinely, some Jambo **** had control of our team and was slowing their every move down to borderline walking pace. Truly painful stuff. Almost every touch and pass was backwards or, at best, sideways. We have no-one who can take on a man and no-one we can play a defence splitting pass. That is a toxic combination.

Doyle was like a wee lost boy, and Griffiths looked much like he was at Killie - potentially dangerous but mostly unfit/disinterested.

Goals to be seen on the 29th but if that keeps up, it won't be the home team scoring them, that much is for sure.

frazeHFC
26-12-2012, 11:46 PM

Doyle? He has got our last 3 goals, and i think he looks good. Who would you play instead like? Rather him up front than any of our players just now.

joe breezy
27-12-2012, 04:03 AM
Glad I watched the second half of Stoke v Liverpool - obviously their players are better paid but it was so good to watch a team try their hearts out for 45 minutes, what a change from Hibs

Sad to say it but it's no wonder crowds are poor