PDA

View Full Version : Negativity at ER

Fergus52
26-12-2012, 03:03 PM
still a massive problem IMO.

Whilst hibs are far from the finished article and this has been an excrutiatingly drab match, some of the opinions being expressed rather loudly are embarrassing and nothing short of idiotic.

One gentleman called the current 11 the worst hibs team ever and shouted at a player calling him a ****er at least once every five minutes.

He also kept calling cairney ***** and shouting that he needs to get tae.

Not sure where these people come from or why they even bother paying and turning up. They ruin it for everyone and I wish they'd do everyone a favour and not come.

Hibrandenburg
26-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Isn't today family and tourettes sufferer day?

Sean1875
26-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Whilst hibs are far from the finished article and this has been an excrutiatingly drab match, some of the opinions being expressed rather loudly are embarrassing and nothing short of idiotic.

One gentleman called the current 11 the worst hibs team ever and shouted at a player calling him a ****er at least once every five minutes.

Not sure where these people come from or why they even bother paying and turning up. They ruin it for everyone and I wish they'd do everyone a favour and not come.

What a complete arse.

easty
26-12-2012, 03:36 PM
There are supporters who are ***** at every ground for every team, they're a minority, and it's nowt to do with them that the team are playing ***** and not getting results.

DAVE1875
26-12-2012, 03:36 PM

Probably angry that Cairney didn't give him a re-tweet on the Twitter

marinello59
26-12-2012, 03:40 PM
The exploding head type punters have been pretty quiet this season. I've found our support to be generally very positive.

Fergus52
26-12-2012, 03:40 PM
May I add that this was before their goal and our woefulness in the second half

JohnScott
26-12-2012, 03:59 PM

I can assure you it has been a problem at ER for many years. However I'd have to ask you fergy: If Hibs were playing well wouldn't guys like yourself be drowning out the boo boys abuse with your fervent support? Just a thought like. or of course you could go sit in your local library if you prefer silence. :wink:

Fergus52
26-12-2012, 04:13 PM
I can assure you it has been a problem at ER for many years. However I'd have to ask you fergy: If Hibs were playing well wouldn't guys like yourself be drowning out the boo boys abuse with your fervent support? Just a thought like. or of course you could go sit in your local library if you prefer silence. :wink:

Hibs were awful today and therefore the support was pretty quiet.

Still doesn't mean I want to hear that Pish, or that the players deserve it

Diclonius
26-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Was he in the West Upper, South end?

There were at least four guys there today screaming abuse at Fenlon and the players straight from kick off. In our brief moments of good play - surprise surprise - not a peep from them.

One of them was right in front of me and at one point figured screaming abuse sitting down wasn't good enough, so he stood up and did it for a good couple of minutes at a time, blocking my view and everyone else's behind him.

Criticism of the team is fine but if your sole purpose is to scream "****ing *****, Fenlon", "**** off you, you're ****ing pish", "this is ****ing *****" etc etc for 90 minutes regardless of what's actually happening then you might as well not turn up. ****ing pathetic.

Mikeystewart
26-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I think considering we have picked up 4 points out of the last 15 would explain the current levels of negativity.

I felt anytime we got forward today the crowd were very positive.

The negativity was due to the fact we didn't get a single attempt on target for over an hour, against a team that could fit its local populous into the east stand.

I would never turn up expecting to win every week, but I do expect the intensity from the last 20 mins from the very start against a team of Ross County's resource level.

Also as previously mentioned 2 deep sitting midfielders at home is practically inviting them onto us, absolute doddle for their back 4.

SheriffLobo
26-12-2012, 04:31 PM
I actually heard my favourite shout of the season today...everyone was moaning so much that one guy unloaded on fenlon. Guy behind us then shouted "its all your fault fenlon, even the fact its cold" or words to those effects anyway.

skipster7
26-12-2012, 05:52 PM
It was driving me nuts the amount of folk screaming "never mind that p$$$,get the f***ing thing forward " everytime we tried to put a couple of passes together.Even in the first half !! :confused:of course it then gets launched forward and we dont have an earthly of winning aimless punts with the front 2, cue more thats crap shouts as we give it straight back !!
FWIW i was happy with the way we started the game but then we faded and never really created anything, neither did they right enough and im convinced they would have been delighted with a 0-0 before a goal out of nothing.We need to make sure even on days like today when nothings coming off that the worst we gets a point.far to easy beat still.

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Perhaps those on here who are critical of negativity from the supporters could maybe enlighten us to any positives from todays game. For what its worth I thought the crowd ,which would be made up of mostly season ticket holders ,were pretty patient in the face of what was an absolutely dire performance.

skipster7
26-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Perhaps those on here who are critical of negativity from the supporters could maybe enlighten us to any positives from todays game. For what its worth I thought the crowd ,which would be made up of mostly season ticket holders ,were pretty patient in the face of what was an absolutely dire performance.

dire performance, had a 0-0 written all over.people moan about poor fitba but are bursting a blood vessell if we dare pass it backwards to keep possesion.some are wanting the ball forward at the earliest opportunity every single time,makes for crap fitba to watch.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2012, 06:19 PM
So the deal is this....we watched a team set up with as much flair and turn of pace, as ten elephants running through treacle wearing Herman Munster's trainers, but the fault for that is down to one or two hotheads sounding off now and again? Well that is a relief. Easy fixed then.

skipster7
26-12-2012, 06:24 PM
So the deal is this....we watched a team set up with as much flair and turn of pace, as ten elephants running through treacle wearing Herman Munster's trainers, but the fault for that is down to one or two hotheads sounding off now and again? Well that is a relief. Easy fixed then.
yes thats exactly whats been said :confused:

madabouthibs
26-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Be rare if half the self abusive trumpets would get themselves over to sect 43 and make some constructive noise.
If some idiot was shouting abuse at me, calling me a useless **** etc........ na, i'd be a little discouraged to say the least!

marinello59
26-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Be rare if half the self abusive trumpets would get themselves over to sect 43 and make some constructive noise.
If some idiot was shouting abuse at me, calling me a useless **** etc........ na, i'd be a little discouraged to say the least!

Or curse married life.

Fergus52
26-12-2012, 07:37 PM

No-one once said that :aok:

joe breezy
26-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I can't be arsed with the moaning either - although the performance was very negative also

Curly1875
26-12-2012, 08:13 PM
I did think it felt a wee bit more like the ER of the past few seasons today with the amount of negativity and people jumping on the players.

also heard people behind me booing mark brown :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
26-12-2012, 10:27 PM
dire performance, had a 0-0 written all over.people moan about poor fitba but are bursting a blood vessell if we dare pass it backwards to keep possesion.some are wanting the ball forward at the earliest opportunity every single time,makes for crap fitba to watch.

Nothing wrong with passing and trying to keep the ball BUT it must have a point or an end product.
Hibs try to pass the ball but look very uncomfortable in doing so. We get further pushed in to corner and end up losing the ball. When this has been happening for around 80 mins of the game you would hope we had a plan B. We did not, the lack of quality was very very scary. Griffiths quiet as he was and overall poor was our ONLY possible threat.

Games like today could get football banned.