PDA

View Full Version : Where wil we finish in the league

Keith_M
25-12-2012, 07:32 PM
OK, we haven't had one of these for a few months and I was just curious what the general feeling was. I thought Christmas Day is as good a time as any to re-consider where we'd end up, having now seen over four months of league football.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I really cant guess at the moment, it all depends on quite a few things like keeping the loans and who else comes in?

With what we currently have i'd say we are definite top 6, maybe even 4th. Keep the loans and add a couple who knows perhaps even 2nd?

What i do know is we will qualify for Europe wih our league position next season, Fenlon will make sure of that.

Ultrabee1-0
25-12-2012, 07:48 PM
One answer!
1st

Got to be optomistic! But as long as it is top 6 I don't care!

Spike Mandela
25-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Is some smart arse going to reveal who votes where?:rolleyes:

Russell The Dug
25-12-2012, 08:13 PM
5th.

Iceman1875
25-12-2012, 08:20 PM
4th

Pretty Boy
25-12-2012, 08:22 PM
5th I reckon. Which is a hell of an improvement and I'll be happy with that.

trev the hat
25-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Top 6 is good for me. At a push we could achieve 4th improvement is all that's required.

Aldo
25-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd be more than happy with top 6. I will wait and see if we sign anyone in the next transfer window and maybe have a different view.

The Green Goblin
25-12-2012, 09:17 PM
5th is my guess. We don't yet have enough consistency to be in the top of the top 6. But things are getting much better and as long as that continues this season and on into the next season and beyond, I'll be happy enough.

Sir David Gray
25-12-2012, 09:33 PM
A month ago, i would have said 2nd. Now I would say 6th.

After the last 2 seasons, finishing 2nd would be a massive achievement! :thumbsup:

Mr White
25-12-2012, 09:36 PM
A month ago, i would have said 2nd. Now I would say 6th.

After the last 40 seasons, finishing 2nd would be a massive achievement! :thumbsup:

Fixed

Bleeds green
25-12-2012, 09:37 PM
After the naming and shaming no member will ever vote negative again in a poll in fear of bring outed!

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2012, 10:01 PM
After the naming and shaming no member will ever vote negative again in a poll in fear of bring outed!

Nonsence, if we are pish i will say so.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-12-2012, 10:03 PM
We could finish 2nd top or 2nd bottom. Celtc will win the league, Dundee will be relegated, apart from that who knows. In terms of quality there is very little between most of the teams in the league.

Mr White
25-12-2012, 10:09 PM
We could finish 2nd top or 2nd bottom. Celtc will win the league, Dundee will be relegated, apart from that who knows. In terms of quality there is very little between most of the teams in the league.
Yup, depth of squads and the extent to which they're tested will be the major factor in deciding the split and final placings 2- 11.

IWasThere2016
25-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Must agree. We need Sparky to stay and get back scoring - and if so we should be top 6 comfortably. We do need a few in, and hopefully whilst those on the fringe depart.

R'Albin
25-12-2012, 10:24 PM
5th I reckon. Which is a hell of an improvement and I'll be happy with that.

Yeah that's my thoughts as well.

whiskyhibby
25-12-2012, 10:32 PM
3rd

yeezus.
25-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I think Celtic will start to pull away in 2013 so if we can get something on the 29th that would be massive. Aberdeen are very good defensively so I think the top 6 will be:

1. Celtic
2. Aberdeen
3. Hibernian
4. Motherwell
5. Inverness CT
6. Dundee United

hibs4thecup1988
26-12-2012, 12:59 AM
We are too inconsistent as the last few games have shown.

I would be delighted with 5th. Higher would be a massive bonus. That would give us c.400k extra cash wise.

AlbertK86
26-12-2012, 07:42 AM
I'll be happy in top six and then look for some consistency Ann kick on next season

Celtic
Aberdeen
Motherwell
ICT
Hibs
Dun Utd

Bad feeling however that Jambos will keep their players and sneak in top six ... Hopefully not at our expense

Keith_M
26-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Is some smart arse going to reveal who votes where?:rolleyes:

I didn't make it a public poll so hopefully not. I think only the Admins can now reveal the names :dunno:

p.s. I put 5th but I think it could realistically be anywhere from 2nd to about 8th, depending on how the transfer window and loan situations pan out.

Steve20
26-12-2012, 09:04 AM
8th.

PeeJay
26-12-2012, 09:48 AM
With only 1 OF team in the league we really ought to be aiming for 2nd, but I expect us to be in or around 5th - something I will then view as disappointing ...

Craig_in_Prague
26-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Put 6th but we can do better but also worse. Leak too many goals, Leighs going off the boil a bit and will be away soon anyway.
Will be a tough season, we need to get back to winning ways today.
I acknowledge the progress made but if we come out of the Jan window weaker than stronger, I cant see us getting higher than 6th. In fact I'd be concerned about sliding down league and potentially in some trouble again.

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 11:03 AM
six weeks ago id have said 2nd but current form is dire only 4 points from last 6 games and Inverness and Motherwell are flying 7th is my guess which is still an improvement on last 2 seasons relegation dog fights steady progress is what we asked for and Paddy has delivered.

Hibrandenburg
26-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Top six finish is progress, anything more would be a bonus. This transfer window will be not only critical for the rest of this season but also the main deciding factor on how Hibs perform next season. If Pat gets it right then surely our goal for next season must be European football.

Building a team from scratch is a long process involving arranging for the correct training systems to be put in place and developing a team spirit. These things don't happen overnight and I'm sure Pat has this as his long term plan. His short term plan was to come in and to fix what was broken, now that has been done the next step will be to build a team that can grow together and attain regular qualification in Europe. I really believe we are on the right tracks to achieve this.

GGTTH

Wilson
26-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I can't recall where I voted at the start of the season. Perhaps best of the rest. I have gone with fifth now which I'm sure is a revision upwards from ths start of the season.

I'd be reasonbly happy with that in such a tight top 6 against teams that are perhaps more settled than ours. Given where we have come from that would be an acceptable improvement.

I feel though that getting things right during this transfer window could be worth one or two places to us in the league.

Franck Stanton
26-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Top six finish is progress, anything more would be a bonus. This transfer window will be not only critical for the rest of this season but also the main deciding factor on how Hibs perform next season. If Pat gets it right then surely our goal for next season must be European football.

Building a team from scratch is a long process involving arranging for the correct training systems to be put in place and developing a team spirit. These things don't happen overnight and I'm sure Pat has this as his long term plan. His short term plan was to come in and to fix what was broken, now that has been done the next step will be to build a team that can grow together and attain regular qualification in Europe. I really believe we are on the right tracks to achieve this.

GGTTH

This :aok:

Wilson
26-12-2012, 11:58 AM

We'll I see someone has voted 11th. We could all call him or her a Yam and laugh at how ridiculous they are. However, a particularly pessimistic (experienced!) hibby could equally provide arguments for such a low placing.

They might fret for our goals for in the event Griffiths leaves - that in tandem with our typical post Christmas slump - and we could be on a slippery slope. Simply they might vote low and hope for better - so as to lessen the disappointment when the wheels do (and we're his so surely it is inevitible) come off the wagon.

Whatever, we all have reasons for voting positively or negitively and should vote with the courage of our convictions. Fear of being outed shouldn't come into it. If you can't stand up for your choice then don't taint the poll.

VickMackie
26-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I can't recall where I voted at the start of the season. Perhaps best of the rest. I have gone with fifth now which I'm sure is a revision upwards from ths start of the season.

I'd be reasonbly happy with that in such a tight top 6 against teams that are perhaps more settled than ours. Given where we have come from that would be an acceptable improvement.

I feel though that getting things right during this transfer window could be worth one or two places to us in the league.

If we don't keep griffiths and mcgivern we're ****ed IMO. Bottom 6 without them. Top 6 with them.

Craig_in_Prague
26-12-2012, 04:54 PM
What would people vote now that have already voted...

Love the Green
26-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Nonsence, if we are pish i will say so.

Well say it cause we are absolute pish.
Or are you and the "cant slag hibs brigade" still burying your heads in the sand.

"keep the faith":wink:

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I Voted 7th but after today i am going for 9th bottom 6th but safe from the relegation battle as Dundee are rank the relegation dog fight at least gave us something to fight for bottom 6th safe means meaningless games.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Well say it cause we are absolute pish.
Or are you and the "cant slag hibs brigade" still burying your heads in the sand.

"keep the faith":wink:

We might have been pish today, been in London so didn't go today. I will keep the faith thank you very much, and will cut them a bit slack. The manager will regroup again this transfer window, and make us better again.

er75
27-12-2012, 08:19 PM
After the recent run of poor form where really we should of been looking to take a minimum of 9 points from our last 5 fixtures should we really be pointing the blame at the players does fenlon and the team need to take more responsibility for the results?

I am by no means being negative as i believe fenlon is the man to drive us forward but we should not be dropping points to the likes of Ross County or losing in the manner that we did to motherwell

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:21 PM
9th now. Ahead of Dundee St Mirren and Hearts.

hibs4thecup1988
27-12-2012, 08:29 PM
If in that order Russell and a scottish cup win - I would jump for joy at that!

Cocaine&Caviar
27-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Celtic
Motherwell
Dundee Utd
Inverness
Aberdeen
St Johnstone

7. Hearts
8. Hibs
9. Kilmarnock
10. Ross County
11. St Mirren
12. Dundee

hibbymick
27-12-2012, 08:36 PM
I thought the boo boys would have learnt a wee lesson by now that it does the players confidence no good. Were going through a bad spell but the last thing we need is the fans booing the team off the park, leave that to the ****s.

Hibs to finish 5th.

jdships
27-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Will do well to finish sixth !!!!!

:greengrin