24-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Why?

3pm
24-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Contract expired.

Part/Time Supporter
24-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Contract expired.

He also didn't score for them (12 appearances) and Mark McGhee (who signed him) was punted a couple of weeks ago.

Ozyhibby
24-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Could he do a job for us? ;-)

Pretty Boy
24-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at ICT or Ross County.

Can't imagine he is in a position to be demanding a huge wage.

HH81
24-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Halifax town :-)

Famous5forever
24-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Could he do a job for us? ;-)

need to be on pay as you play contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20836366

SteveHFC
24-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Get him back :agree:

.Sean.
24-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Still bang them in for us. Get him back.

Hiber-nation
24-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Please not another 10 pager on the merits of bringing Deek home. There just aren't any for a start.

sambajustice
24-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Where now?

Silverknowes Vale

Russell The Dug
24-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Please not another 10 pager on the merits of bringing Deek home. There just aren't any for a start.

He's consistantly scored more than any other player at the club. Good enough reason?

HoboHarry
24-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Aye get him back noo..... Jimmy O'Rourke an aw........ :rolleyes:

Waxy
24-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Could he do a job for us? ;-)Yeh he could sell some bovril now we are in winter.
Ah remember when he was a player.

Hiber-nation
24-12-2012, 02:31 PM
He's consistantly scored more than any other player at the club. Good enough reason?

See HoboHarry's reply....

SMAXXA
24-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Sad but looks like his career is fading out, I'd say dundee, falkirk or st mirren or sumit at best.

Was a hero in most his time here but that's history I don't believe would be repeated.

Hainan Hibs
24-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Can't believe people still want him back :faf: . It's like watching a group of teenage girls go crazy over One Direction. Cringeworthy material, get some self respect:agree:

SteveHFC
24-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Can't believe people still want him back :faf: . It's like watching a group of teenage girls go crazy over One Direction. Cringeworthy material, get some self respect:agree:

:rolleyes:.

Riordan is one of my favorite players of all-time and it would be great to see him back for one last spell with the club :aok:

john18722
24-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I have an amazing idea. Lets not re-sign him because he is nowhere near the player he once was. Yes, he scored bucket loads of brilliant goals for use around six years ago but he has been poor for a long time now and I don't think he would add anything to our team anymore. Its sad to say but his career has been going down hill for a long time.

Famous5forever
24-12-2012, 02:45 PM
If and thats a big IF Leigh leaves in January Deek would be a decent option and no signing on fee or transfer required and i cant see him wanting much in the terms of a wage.
On a pay as you play basis is he worth a punt ?

Wilson
24-12-2012, 02:47 PM
If and thats a big IF Leigh leaves in January Deek would be a decent option and no signing on fee or transfer required and i cant see him wanting much in the terms of a wage.

No.

Pretty Boy
24-12-2012, 02:47 PM
If we forget he's Derek Riordan for a second and actually look at his appearances and goals scored in the last couple of years, what are the reasons for.bringing him back?

Would we be so keen to see A N Other who had been fantastic for a club first time round, decent second time round then spent two years nomadically failing.to score sign? I think not.

Beefster
24-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Riordan is one of my favorite players of all-time and it would be great to see him back for one last spell with the club :aok:

It would also likely be a complete waste of a wage. It's been two years since he did anything of note in a football shirt and would appear to be completely past it.

Sauzee's my favourite player, let's get him back.

Broken Gnome
24-12-2012, 02:50 PM

That's already happened.

Famous5forever
24-12-2012, 02:50 PM
It would also likely be a complete waste of a wage. It's been two years since he did anything of note in a football shirt and would appear to be completely past it.

We have made that mistake already with Kuqi.

500miles
24-12-2012, 02:54 PM

He's failed in the fourth tier of English football, after failing in China, and failing in his SPL return with St. Johnstone. He is no longer a decent option. This is just getting really sad.

Shaggy
24-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Out of every youth product we have had in the last 12 year, he showed he had the most potential and natural talent... but he pished his career away, sorry no way.
I wish it was otherwise,

Fenlon is the future, he requires graft and commitment with the right attitude,
Deeks has none of that.

LeighLoyal
24-12-2012, 03:10 PM
We could get him in on a pretty low wage short term and give him a chance, I'm not sure that would be such a risk.

The Green Goblin
24-12-2012, 03:11 PM
He's failed in the fourth tier of English football, after failing in China, and failing in his SPL return with St. Johnstone. He is no longer a decent option. This is just getting really sad.

Yup. This.

hibee92
24-12-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20838427?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

LeighLoyal
24-12-2012, 03:14 PM
The dream team :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
24-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Two players who could have been playing for top clubs at this stage in their careers

hibee92
Just noticed there's a thread about Deek already, feel free to merge admin.

chrisski33
Not surprised tbh. Hope they stop the offfield antics and sort themselves out.

Franck Stanton
24-12-2012, 03:19 PM

This.:wink:

Both Riordan and O'Connor were very good players for us in their first spells with the Club. However...... both wasted the god-given talent they had and are now just shadows of the players they were once were. Time to move on methinks.

Keith_M
24-12-2012, 03:23 PM
I hear ole Bandy Legs Leighton hasn't got a club just now and we need cover in the GK position.

Worth a punt?

sambajustice
24-12-2012, 03:23 PM
O'Connor been released too!

Get them both in and they can fire us to, well, probably nothing!

Some players just click with certain clubs but to see the way Riordan has done nothing at any other club means he's way past it.

I reckon Dumbarton is where he'll go. Even that though might be too high a standard for him at the moment.

If we're wanting low salary low risk signings then I suggest Fenlon gets on the blower to me. I'll play for £50 a week and scored 5 goals up at sighthill pitz the other day!!

chrisski33
24-12-2012, 03:24 PM
We could get him in on a pretty low wage short term and give him a chance, I'm not sure that would be such a risk.

naaaa it wud be a risk. hes had a 2nd chance. Hasnt done much since he left left. Time to move on from deeks and remember the good times he gave otherwise a 3rd spell might taint that history

easty
24-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Silverknowes Vale

I heard Silverknowes Vale were folding...not true?

Famous5forever
24-12-2012, 03:32 PM
im on the fence with this one but i see an opportunity to bring him in for training maybee a closed door game to see if he still has something to offer.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2012, 03:33 PM
I was absolutely delighted to see him return in 2008, I was like a 4 year old on Christmas Day when I saw him warming up again in a Hibs shirt.

However, four years is a long time in football and his form since he left us 18 months ago would suggest that he's not someone that we should be looking to bring in next month.

Thanks for the memories, Derek. You were a great player for Hibs (first time around in particular) and you're welcome back as a fan any time, but he should not be back playing for Hibs.

As someone else has already said, if this wasn't Derek Riordan we were talking about, no-one would be suggesting that we should be signing a player with the kind of record that Riordan has had over the past couple of seasons.

steviehibsleith
24-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Both only 29 years old !
Should be just past their prime with tons of experiance and lots too offer.
Sadly I dont think anyone will go near GOC because of his off field antics and still a court case looming for drugs.
Deeks offield stuff is minor IMO and has no bearing on getting a club so kinda wondering whats wrong here - Fitness is all i can say ive seen publicised but surely that can be worked on.
Neither will be back at ER but good luck to them both they scored a lot of goals between them for Hibs.

calumhibee1
24-12-2012, 04:06 PM
No danger.

hfc rd
24-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Two guys who could have gone to the very top and would still be playing there. However it's just all gone wrong. Their off the pitch antics have basically ruined their careers. They had the talent but it's just all gone to waste now. Really going to be hard for them to find new clubs that offer a decent wage.

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Both guys have already had a second chance with us.....Undoubtedly a waste as both could have made it so big, however, both chose not to buckle down....

I sincerely hope we are not considering either (Actually think PF would not entertain either, judging by his previous comments on off field behaviour).......

Maybe we could bring back John Collins, Sauzee, Keith Wright.....:rolleyes:

tamig
24-12-2012, 04:20 PM
This.:wink:

Both Riordan and O'Connor were very good players for us in their first spells with the Club. However...... both wasted the god-given talent they had and are now just shadows of the players they were once were. Time to move on methinks.

Aye. GOC also showed at the start of last season that he still had it when RP gave him his chance. Sadly i think the boy is now Donald Duck'd - and all self inflicted. What a waste.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Both guys have already had a second chance with us.....Undoubtedly a waste as both could have made it so big, however, both chose not to buckle down....

I sincerely hope we are not considering either (Actually think PF would not entertain either, judging by his previous comments on off field behaviour).......

Maybe we could bring back John Collins, Sauzee, Keith Wright.....:rolleyes:

He certainly wouldn't bring O'Connor back as I think Fenlon actively wanted rid of him in the summer, the comments from the AGM the other week would seem to back that up.

He's obviously never worked with Riordan before but I don't see us going after him either.

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2012, 04:24 PM
He certainly wouldn't bring O'Connor back as I think Fenlon actively wanted rid of him in the summer, the comments from the AGM the other week would seem to back that up.

He's obviously never worked with Riordan before but I don't see us going after him either.

Sounded like GOC had off field problems in January, and even with RP helping him, he still continued to self destruct......

It's time for these stories/rumours put to bed as they do no good.....Let's move on...

gringojoe
24-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Both Garry and Deek should be playing at the top level but now no semi decent manager will touch either of them. Time for both to think about another career. What a waste of talent.

Hibeesmad
24-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Kuqi out

Riordan In

Hibbyradge
24-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Who should we sell to accommodate Derek Riordan?

ancient hibee
24-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Other than Jim Baxter the two biggest waste of talent in my lifetime.

Pete
24-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I'd rather have kuqi in the dressing room or at the training ground than gaz or deek.

Theres more to the signings of the big man and Marbury than meets the eye. No more spice boys please.

3pm
24-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Who should we sell to accommodate Derek Riordan?

Alan Maybury, Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon surely?!

tamig
24-12-2012, 04:58 PM

would you not consider georgie boy ahead of them too?

sambajustice
24-12-2012, 05:01 PM
I heard Silverknowes Vale were folding...not true?

Nah, not yet anyway! Think it was just a scaremongering exercise by the guys who run the team. 3 people turned up for training one week and they got a bit angry!! LOL

As it happens, they don't train at all at the moment! :-D would suit Deek down to a T!

Famous5forever
24-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Paddy will have identified the players he is looking for in the positions that require to be strengthened sadly these 2 great players of the past will not be on his mind. Paddy has great knowledge of the LOI If new loanees arrive in January its most likely they will be from the LOI.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-12-2012, 05:08 PM
want neither back.

in particular DR.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Alan Maybury, Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon surely?!

I see what you're saying.

However, I doubt any of those three would be deemed not good enough for England's worst team.

carnoustiehibee
24-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Let then get a proper job first. Then they might realise what a waste they've been.

The Harp
24-12-2012, 05:32 PM
If ever Pat's looking for a couple of examples for the young guys just breaking through at ER of what can happen to their careers if they dabble in drink/drugs, this pair would be ideal.
Two wasted talents who could've been at their peak right now and playing at a high level. Very sad.

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Aye get him back noo..... Jimmy O'Rourke an aw........ :rolleyes:

I'll go with that.

3pm
24-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I see what you're saying.

However, I doubt any of those three would be deemed not good enough for England's worst team.

Good point.

Sudds_1
24-12-2012, 06:14 PM

no. Using that logic we'd be signing Joe Baker as well.......... oh wait......

BT58
24-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I met jimmy orourke on friday in spoonies (mussy),, gem o a guy!!!!some cracking stories
Bt

Jim44
24-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm as nostalgic as the next guy and a strike force of Riordan and O'Connor would catch my attention for a couple of games. But we all know where it would lead and failure with that pair would signal an unwelcome return to tthe basement of SPL football. Leave well alone please.

...WentToMowAnSPL
24-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Didn't realised they'd both been arrested ... Oh I see ...

No way back for either at Hibs for me though wish them all the best ! GGTTH

eebsie
24-12-2012, 07:14 PM
As much as they were good for us in the past that is exactly where they should stay. Memories!
Both have failed trying to get their careers going again. I mean Tom Tomsk, Bristol Rovers. . . Does anyone seriously think that, unless they are going to do it as a favour, hibs should spend any sparse pennies on them?

Jim_in_Canada
24-12-2012, 07:15 PM

Agreed - and perhaps the late great Willie Hamilton.

Diclonius
24-12-2012, 07:16 PM
No. No no no no no no no no no no no NO.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Where now?

Torquay united?

Bostonhibby
24-12-2012, 07:25 PM

Cost nowt, Scene set for them both to land at Yam land if the bills, wages and everything else are ever paid? Gives them both a free pass back to Edinburgh RTD - what do you think?

Phil D. Rolls
24-12-2012, 07:39 PM

Bring back Lawrie Reilly then.

Number69
24-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I reckon he will end up at Inverness or Ross County, sorry if its been suggested already

Jonnyboy
24-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I hate these threads. Both DR and GO, in their day, were excellent for Hibs. Can we not just leave it at that?

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I hate these threads. Both DR and GO, in their day, were excellent for Hibs. Can we not just leave it at that?

:agree::agree:

They were both excellent in their day, but I would not want either back......Time for us to move on........

Bostonhibby
24-12-2012, 07:52 PM

:agree: Just teasing out a response from the OP.

Shaggy
24-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Rangers for the pair o them.
They will get a go there.... ****g ahead o Kyle any way

Famous5forever
24-12-2012, 08:16 PM
afraid they are both past it lets see what loanees Paddy brings in in January we need to kick on now we are only 4 points off second and still in the Scottish cup Europe and the Cup would be a good season all to play for.:flag:

sambajustice
24-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Cracks me up that folk are saying he'll end up "somewhere like Inverness" in a very derogatory tone! They're above us, not long pumped us and as far everything goes, are a better team than us!

Riordan isn't good enough for us, ergo isn't good enough for the Ness!

Bleeds green
24-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Lazy, slow, won't track back, now overweight, been released by about half a dozen clubs in the last few years including spl sides, hardly scored consistently in 5 years, consistently in the headlines for all the wrong reasons especially around Edinburgh.......aye get it sorted PETRIE!!!!

jdships
24-12-2012, 09:38 PM

:thumbsup::agree::top marks

Captain Trips
24-12-2012, 10:10 PM
I cannot put my finger on it but at 29 I still think there is something positive still to occor with Derek, I think he definatly has to prove himself but I would maybe get rid of Kuqi and swap him for DR give him the bounce games and as an option from bench but not as a straight into team player.

It might be just me but I wouldnt write him off just yet.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-12-2012, 10:40 PM
regardless of their off field problems both of them can score goals and goals win games

Jones28
24-12-2012, 10:54 PM
They WERE fantastic players for Hibs.

Bear in mind Petrie said at the agm off the field problems were to blame for GOC being released so that's a non starter.

Riordans career has nose dived since he left Hibs a second time and no club in the spl will touch him, Hibs included.

Northernhibee
24-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Deek might get a game for a part-time semi professional SFL division 2 side; there's certainly not a place for him in full time professional football any more. Can't see any team want to take a chance on him.

monktonharp
24-12-2012, 11:29 PM
still trying to find out exactly what Deek has been convicted of, or is accused of, off the park. can anybody explain it in plain terms on here? waste of talent blah blah, is all I can see. I know all about skacel songs btw,and I know a lot of other Hibs fans that sing it! aye, he's a badyin mcfadyin is oor Deek. if you feel that he's no longer a player,then fine and leave it at that.

shetlandhibee
25-12-2012, 01:22 AM
When i first read the title i though it meant they were getting relesed from prision;-)

3pm
25-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Folk are having a laugh if they think Riordan can't play in the SPL.

Russell The Dug
25-12-2012, 02:26 AM

Exactly, do people watch the SPL with there eyes shut?

Fenlon is the man that signed the big huddy up top that is the worst player I've seen since Hurtado so let's not pretend its all about work ethic with him.

Lets not pretend Hanlon is better than Gary Kenneth to the man who says Hanlon would get in the Bristol Rovers side too. David Clarkson would also walk into our side too.

There's something that cries out Derek isn't finished. He will prove it I'm confident of. If we lose Leigh he's much better up top than what we have. Madness to say otherwise.

marinello59
25-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Exactly, do people watch the SPL with there eyes shut?

I do, it's the only way I can get through some games.

gegs70
25-12-2012, 06:11 AM
Riordan was a good player but has had a string of short teem deals at other clubs. I dont see fenlon wanting to sign either of these players. I think he has been looking at younger players to bring in frm lower leagues. Perhaps it is more the players attitudes and lifestyles that let them down?

Wilson
25-12-2012, 06:43 AM

Possibly he can. I'm happy for him to try - just not at Hibs.

3pm
25-12-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm happy for him to try - just not at Hibs.

Agreed.

Northernhibee
25-12-2012, 07:20 AM

I disagree. No point in arguing that his talent has been seriously eroded; he's just looked way out of his depth in league two. We say that league one is the SPL equivalent, so I'd take league two to be SFL1. Could see him taking the same route as the likes of Brian Kerr and playing for Forfar Atletic, Brechin City etc.

No SPL team would take the chance on him anymore. Shame as I loved him at Hibs but if you remove the green tinted glasses he's just not SPL quality anymore (and barely SFL1 quality).

VickMackie
25-12-2012, 09:52 AM
still trying to find out exactly what Deek has been convicted of, or is accused of, off the park. can anybody explain it in plain terms on here? waste of talent blah blah, is all I can see. I know all about skacel songs btw,and I know a lot of other Hibs fans that sing it! aye, he's a badyin mcfadyin is oor Deek. if you feel that he's no longer a player,then fine and leave it at that.

He was convicted of homophobic abuse and fined 800 quid about a month or two ago.

VickMackie
25-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't think we should sign either of them. They're both finished at Upper SPL level.

Famous5forever
25-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Personally id give Deek another go a short term contract till the end oh the season GOC is finished too many off the field problems that are public knowledge.

Hibercelona
25-12-2012, 10:24 AM
No danger should any of them play for the Hibs jersey again.

They're both done. They had talent and potential, but blew it by not taking care of their health and failing to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

The fact some people are contemplating their return is rather worrying.

Jones28
25-12-2012, 10:53 AM
No danger should any of them play for the Hibs jersey again.

They're both done. They had talent and potential, but blew it by not taking care of their health and failing to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

The fact some people are contemplating their return is rather worrying.

This :agree:

Since90+2
25-12-2012, 11:02 AM

1 goal in his last 24 games. I think your the one having a laugh.

The devotion some folk have for Derek Riordan is pathetic.

Famous5forever
25-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Deeks scored the winning goal in our last win at Tynecastle get him in now on a short term deal let history repeat itself :flag:

Pedantic_Hibee
25-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Thank you no.

Mcpakeisgod
25-12-2012, 11:48 AM
O'Connor been released too!

Get them both in and they can fire us to, well, probably nothing!

Some players just click with certain clubs but to see the way Riordan has done nothing at any other club means he's way past it.

I reckon Dumbarton is where he'll go. Even that though might be too high a standard for him at the moment.

If we're wanting low salary low risk signings then I suggest Fenlon gets on the blower to me. I'll play for £50 a week and scored 5 goals up at sighthill pitz the other day!!

that's nothing! I scored 7 last week in the Monday league ! we are galacticos

whereswallace?
25-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Nah, not yet anyway! Think it was just a scaremongering exercise by the guys who run the team. 3 people turned up for training one week and they got a bit angry!! LOL

As it happens, they don't train at all at the moment! :-D would suit Deek down to a T!

One of the guys did leave but the other one decided to keep the team going. Lack of commitment from players one of the reasons.

3pm
25-12-2012, 12:06 PM

We'll see.

Since90+2
25-12-2012, 12:15 PM
We'll see.

We can see now

Shaanxi Chanba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaanxi_Renhe_Commercial_Chanba_F.C.)
2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chinese_Super_League)

Total

St. Johnstone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johnstone_F.C.)
2011–12 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Scottish_Premier_League)

Total

Bristol Rovers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Rovers_F.C.)
2012–13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Football_League_Two)

:wink:

3pm
25-12-2012, 12:17 PM
If you really want to kick him in the baws, that goal was deflected.

MrSmith
25-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Their time has come and gone at Hibs but wish nothing but good luck to them both.

Times are changing at Hibs, we must look forward with a new and renewed attitude! Looking backwards will only continue to hold us back! Thanks Deek and Gary, you were tremendous - now go forth and prove it!

--------
25-12-2012, 01:50 PM

You'd have to sign Sauzee, and he might want a wage. Why not just get King Paddy back playing? He's already at the club, and the 4 shirt was his long before it was Franck's. I reckon he could do a job for us.

Thecat23
25-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Hibs are trying to get away from the bad boys of previous years. Like it or not both G,O and D,R have had so many chances that it makes you think why should any one give them a chance let alone Hibs? Gaz in his young days was magic as was Deek. But now I personally wouldn't want either near the team. I'm sick to death of the bad press both gave us. Whether they were charged at the time doesn't matter.. It's still making headlines that this club doesn't need or want. I feel Pat can go on and make his own signings and they will do well. What ever Deeks or Gaz does I wish them well. But this is one Hibs fan who thinks it would be a huge step backwards even thinking of taking them back.

Mr White
25-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Maybe a step back to get moving forwards again could be the solution for them both. I imagine a goc-deeks strikeforce would get a good few goals in the first division, with Ian Murray at dumbarton it could maybe work out well for all concerned.

Captain Trips
25-12-2012, 02:30 PM

I wouldnt say its pathetic, speaking for myself I believe at 29 there is a real chance of a second wind. Kuqi has offered us zero and a lot of us would have took him over Riordan if given choice at start of season. There are no guarantees with any signing, we have signed folk with great history that have failed and ones with poorer history but been great.

For me I would cancel Kuqi he has no real future at for us at 36, Riordan is 6/7 years yonger so he if can find form gives us 2/3 good seasons. Bring him is as bit part and it can be taken from there. I cannot accept that the finishing and guile are all gone.

Captain Trips
25-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Hibs are trying to get away from the bad boys of previous years. Like it or not both G,O and D,R have had so many chances that it makes you think why should any one give them a chance let alone Hibs? Gaz in his young days was magic as was Deek. But now I personally wouldn't want either near the team. I'm sick to death of the bad press both gave us. Whether they were charged at the time doesn't matter.. It's still making headlines that this club doesn't need or want. I feel Pat can go on and make his own signings and they will do well. What ever Deeks or Gaz does I wish them well. But this is one Hibs fan who thinks it would be a huge step backwards even thinking of taking them back.

Hibs have always done that as do all clubs, you or I cannot legislate for what players may do, even though it appears not his fault Deegan has been in paper of late. All I want Hibs to get away from in the pervious years is signing p1sh players.

Russell The Dug
25-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Mind that time when Leigh gave us all the salute not once but twice? Is it ok for him because he's decent or Deegan and his IRA views?

Keith_M
25-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Am I the only person who read the thread title and thought it was news about their latest court cases?

:greengrin

Famous5forever
25-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I wouldnt say its pathetic, speaking for myself I believe at 29 there is a real chance of a second wind. Kuqi has offered us zero and a lot of us would have took him over Riordan if given choice at start of season. There are no guarantees with any signing, we have signed folk with great history that have failed and ones with poorer history but been great.

For me I would cancel Kuqi he has no real future at for us at 36, Riordan is 6/7 years yonger so he if can find form gives us 2/3 good seasons. Bring him is as bit part and it can be taken from there. I cannot accept that the finishing and guile are all gone.

Agreed and Deeks scored lots when he was with us its a slight risk but on a deal till end off the season with a carrot/contract on a stick if he performs but only if Leigh leaves Deeks would be a ready made replacement.

hibs4thecup1988
25-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Am I the only person who read the thread title and thought it was news about their latest court cases?

Nope I wondered if I had missed them getting sent down :greengrin.

As for the thread itself... Riordan...No thanks... O'Connor DEFINETE no thanks.

Riordan : Past it, shame really had all the talent to be the best player the country had seen in decades.

O'Connor : Same again. Big, bulky centre forward...

Sadly the two of them have pissed their careers up the wall. O'Connor will never get back to Easter Road under Fenlon after the final. Riordans attitude is just not good enough. Sadly it is a no go

Hibrandenburg
25-12-2012, 04:38 PM

Thought exactly the same but didn't want to look a pillock by posting ;-)

stevenhibs
25-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't even think that either Garry or Derek realise just how much they've ruined their own careers, and if they do they clearly couldn't give a Tom Tit about it.

If they had any sense or even realised what they've blown (literally) they'd invest in some sort of footballers rehab or recovery centre and rebuild from there.

Nope I wondered if I had missed them getting sent down :greengrin.

As for the thread itself... Riordan...No thanks... O'Connor DEFINETE no thanks.

Riordan : Past it, shame really had all the talent to be the best player the country had seen in decades.

O'Connor : Same again. Big, bulky centre forward...

Sadly the two of them have pissed their careers up the wall. O'Connor will never get back to Easter Road under Fenlon after the final. Riordans attitude is just not good enough. Sadly it is a no go

ScottB
25-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Both are exactly the type of character that we don't need anywhere near the club.

its no coincidence for me that this season is the first year we've had a bit of fight and team spirit about us, and it's the first year that we haven't had some waster using the club for rehab.

The pair of them are out of second chances and I don't feel sorry for them, they've had every chance to turn their careers around and screw the nut, they aren't wee laddies anymore, both are near 30 with kids. If they haven't changed already I wouldn't be holding my breath.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I loved both 1st time round, and thought Deek contributed well enough 2nd time round. If i'm honest both have had their time at easter road. Its time to move on, time to look forward not back.

lord bunberry
26-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I doubt paddy will sign either of them but i can't get the nagging thought of a fit goc and a born again deeks ripping through spl defences out of my head

Keith_M
26-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I doubt paddy will sign either of them but i can't get the nagging thought of a fit goc and a born again deeks ripping through spl defences out of my head

It's best not to try to live in the past. My burst-at-the-waist Skinny Jeans are evidence of that. :wink:

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Deek has shown that he's not even league two standard anymore and GO'C is at best a man with problems and more realistically an utter waster of a man.

With the greatest of respects let it go and let's concentrate on supporting the likes of Doyle, Handling and Caldwell to become new club favourites.

TheDude
26-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure if anyone posting on this thread can fairly criticise about someone else not fulfilling their potential.

How many out there have managed to achieve everything that they could have in life? I've done not bad for myself but looking back I know I could have gone on and achieved more if I'd just applied myself a bit harder. That doesn’t mean I've pissed my chance away, it’s just the way life unfolds itself out.

Both GO and DR reached the highest level of their profession in Scotland, both getting Scotland caps. There aren’t many people who can claim to have been amongst the best in the country at what they do.

Of course they could they have been even better players but the same logic of "could do better" applies to 99% of the population in just about all aspects. Can the posters pointing out the mistakes made by these two guys look at their own lives without a shred of disappointment at how they could have gone a little bit further.

EDIT: I wouldnt have either near the club now, neither of them are good enough and aren't the type of hungry young players I would want to see in the squad.

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure if anyone posting on this thread can fairly criticise about someone else not fulfilling their potential.

How many out there have managed to achieve everything that they could have in life? I've done not bad for myself but looking back I know I could have gone on and achieved more if I'd just applied myself a bit harder. That doesn’t mean I've pissed my chance away, it’s just the way life unfolds itself out.

Both GO and DR reached the highest level of their profession in Scotland, both getting Scotland caps. There aren’t many people who can claim to have been amongst the best in the country at what they do.

Of course they could they have been even better players but the same logic of "could do better" applies to 99% of the population in just about all aspects. Can the posters pointing out the mistakes made by these two guys look at their own lives without a shred of disappointment at how they could have gone a little bit further.

If you're telling me Deek was destined to be an English league two failure and GO'C was destined to be a waster and a washed up Russian division two failure then you really need to watch their early games with us to see what potential they really had.

They're big boys now and don't need someone to fight their corner; they've wasted their potential big time and we shouldn't even consider them to work in the pie stands at ER, we should be looking onwards and upwards rather than to the past.

Russell The Dug
26-12-2012, 04:14 PM
If you're telling me Deek was destined to be an English league two failure and GO'C was destined to be a waster and a washed up Russian division two failure then you really need to watch their early games with us to see what potential they really had.

They're big boys now and don't need someone to fight their corner; they've wasted their potential big time and we shouldn't even consider them to work in the pie stands at ER, we should be looking onwards and upwards rather than to the past.

What about a league title winner and a player who played in the premiership having won the Russian FA cup?

That any better?

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 04:20 PM
What about a league title winner and a player who played in the premiership having won the Russian FA cup?

That any better?

To a player released by Tom Tomsk and just been lifted (again)?

hibs4thecup1988
26-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I cannot believe people are comparing me not fulfilling my potential at work to G'OC and Riordan. They had it all in the palms of their hands.

Two of scottish brightest prospects and they blew it.

Having said that...after watching that today...!

TheDude
26-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I cannot believe people are comparing me not fulfilling my potential at work to G'OC and Riordan. They had it all in the palms of their hands.

Two of scottish brightest prospects and they blew it.

Having said that...after watching that today...!

I'm not sure how its any different. While being a footballer is high profile and well paid going to the top in any job requires serious dedication, whether its working in an office or playing football the theory is the same. I'd suggest only those 100% happy that they have fulfilled their potential have the right to criticise others (I should add that I feel there's a marked difference between discussing the potential of a player compared to the aggressive lecturing that goes on in GO/DR threads).

They acheived a lot in their given profession, although obviously not as much as they could have and I find it hypocritical to be chiming in on how much these guys ******ed their carers when the same could easily apply to their own lives.

allezsauzee
26-12-2012, 05:52 PM
We all have our own decisions to make in life. Although Deek and Gaz could have done so much more if they had applied themselves, I'm sure they feel they've done ok in life. Played football for a living, made some decent money. Things could have worked out worse for them. I'd like to hope that Paddy makes a wise decision and stays well clear of these uncommitted footballers

Green Fish
27-12-2012, 12:11 PM
GOC - in BTG before cup game looking fitter (and more orange) than he ever did with us 2nd time around. Disgrace to club and total waster.

Deeks - has lost his way, get him training with us - see if PF can get the best out of him. It wont happen tho.

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2012, 01:07 PM
After yesterdays snore fest. I'd have Deek back in a second

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 01:41 PM
We all have our own decisions to make in life. Although Deek and Gaz could have done so much more if they had applied themselves, I'm sure they feel they've done ok in life. Played football for a living, made some decent money. Things could have worked out worse for them. I'd like to hope that Paddy makes a wise decision and stays well clear of these uncommitted footballers

A Hibs player who played yesterday out on the drink last night with a game in a couple of days, committed or uncommitted. ?

SouthamptonHibs
27-12-2012, 02:03 PM
sign both off them until end off season imo, look who r current attacking subs are handling, Caldwell, sproule and kuji all are brutal or inexperienced. hail hail

steviehibsleith
27-12-2012, 02:36 PM
A Hibs player who played yesterday out on the drink last night with a game in a couple of days, committed or uncommitted. ?
For a team In the SPL it happens and thats why Scottish football is where it is . Uncommitted !

LeighLoyal
27-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Just saw Fenlon on SSN say he wants a striker, midfielder and defender. Sounds like McGivern, Griffiths and Claros are offski.

Famous5forever
27-12-2012, 02:40 PM
sign both off them until end off season imo, look who r current attacking subs are handling, Caldwell, sproule and kuji all are brutal or inexperienced. hail hail

We will be rid of these 2 jokers in May free up wages to bring in proper players

SteveHFC
27-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Just saw Fenlon on SSN say he wants a striker, midfielder and defender. Sounds like McGivern, Griffiths and Claros are offski.

Murphy, Craig and Gathuessi? :cb

lucky
27-12-2012, 04:11 PM
The two of them contributed to Hibs in their spells at Hibs but their time has passed its time for them and us to move on.

Jim44
27-12-2012, 04:16 PM

Replacing them, even with like for like, will not be enough to U-turn us out of our slump. We need to replace them PLUS another 2 or three able players.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 04:27 PM
To a player released by Tom Tomsk and just been lifted (again)?

That's what happens sometimes when players get older. To say Garry especially hasn't had a good career is laughable. There's no Scottish forward that has come through away from us that's done more than either of them in years.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 04:28 PM
We will be rid of these 2 jokers in May free up wages to bring in proper players

Major direspectful to Ivan, a player who over the years has serviced us well.

Glory Lurker
27-12-2012, 04:33 PM

:agree:

Hibeesforever
27-12-2012, 05:34 PM

Yes agree, I am very critical of Ivan too, he should never have been re-signed, but Mr Sproule has scored a winning hatrick as a sub at Ibrox; on that basis he is a Hibernian legend.

Northernhibee
27-12-2012, 06:22 PM
That's what happens sometimes when players get older. To say Garry especially hasn't had a good career is laughable. There's no Scottish forward that has come through away from us that's done more than either of them in years.

So you reckon GO'Cs career has gone downhill because of the age on his birth certificate rather than what's gone up his nose?

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 06:27 PM
So you reckon GO'Cs career has gone downhill because of the age on his birth certificate rather than what's gone up his nose?

It doesn't matter why but he's had a good career in comparison with nearly every other forward in this country.

Since90+2
27-12-2012, 06:34 PM
]That's what happens sometimes when players get older[/B]. To say Garry especially hasn't had a good career is laughable. There's no Scottish forward that has come through away from us that's done more than either of them in years.

Ehh no its not.

They are both what 29? This should be the time they are at their professional peak , not without a club and toiling in English and Russian lower leagues.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Ehh no its not.

They are both what 29? This should be the time they are at their professional peak , not without a club and toiling in English and Russian lower leagues.

Look at other Scottish players at a similar age, Gordon on the dole, McFadden god knows where, Thomson, Webster failed down South. These things happen but both have had good careers and will have lots of money as well as good experiences and a few medals.

Northernhibee
27-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Look at other Scottish players at a similar age, Gordon on the dole, McFadden god knows where, Thomson, Webster failed down South. These things happen but both have had good careers and will have lots of money as well as good experiences and a few medals.

Remind you of anyone?

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Remind you of anyone?

Kevin Harper?

Since90+2
27-12-2012, 06:57 PM

Gordon - He was on a huge wage at Sunderland and is probably in no rush to take the first offer that comes along (very much like GOC & Riordan did). Would still get a game for probably everyother club in the SPL bar Celtic.

McFadden - Considering McFadden is 3 years older and currently contracted to Sunderland I dont see how you can compare his situation. Im not sure plenty Premiership clubs are queing up to give the two we are discussing a contract. Again would walk into any SPL side barring Celtic.

Thomson - Has been ravaged with injury

Webster - Still playing regularly in the SPL and probably on a wage GOC and Riordan would dream of right now.

The Green Goblin
27-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Webster - Still playing regularly in the SPL and probably on a wage GOC and Riordan would dream of right now.

I think Webster's also dreaming of getting his wages. :greengrin

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Gordon - He was on a huge wage at Sunderland and is probably in no rush to take the first offer that comes along (very much like GOC & Riordan did). Would still get a game for probably everyother club in the SPL bar Celtic.

McFadden - Considering McFadden is 3 years older and currently contracted to Sunderland I dont see how you can compare his situation. Im not sure plenty Premiership clubs are queing up to give the two we are discussing a contract. Again would walk into any SPL side barring Celtic.

Thomson - Has been ravaged with injury

So there's excuses galore for the rest of them but nothing about Garry being injured for almost a year and Derek living the quiet life for a good few years?

What about Gary Kenneth, Mark Reynolds, Ryan Stevenson, Michael Stewart, Chris Hogg and many others destined for the top who have failed? David Clarkson, Stephen Pearson, Stephen McManus the list goes on. James Mcpake can be added to the list.

Scottish players in general don't have a long playing span, it could be something to do with them being over played at a young age but both of them could do a job in the SPL. Garry was our best player last season.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2012, 07:24 PM
So there's excuses galore for the rest of them but nothing about Garry being injured for almost a year and Derek living the quiet life for a good few years?

What about Gary Kenneth, Mark Reynolds, Ryan Stevenson, Michael Stewart, Chris Hogg and many others destined for the top who have failed? David Clarkson, Stephen Pearson, Stephen McManus the list goes on. James Mcpake can be added to the list.

Scottish players in general don't have a long playing span, it could be something to do with them being over played at a young age but both of them could do a job in the SPL. Garry was our best player last season.

When was Ryan Stevenson "destined for the top"? He was signed by a very poor Championship outfit and is now back to his true level - lower SPL.

Since90+2
27-12-2012, 07:29 PM

Who is making excuses? You named four players and I explained how in my opinion their situation differs from GOC & Riordan. You have listed more players which I cant be bothered going through (but for starters Hogg aint even Scottish and Stevenson & Kenneth 'destined for the top' :faf: ).

My original point stands that at 29 years old they should be at the peak of their powers. The fact both of them are without clubs and have toiled at a relatively low level says more than anything anyone can write on a messageboard.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 07:43 PM
When was Ryan Stevenson "destined for the top"? He was signed by a very poor Championship outfit and is now back to his true level - lower SPL.

That time he played for Chelsea maybe?

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Who is making excuses? You named four players and I explained how in my opinion their situation differs from GOC & Riordan. You have listed more players which I cant be bothered going through (but for starters Hogg aint even Scottish and Stevenson & Kenneth 'destined for the top' :faf: ).

My original point stands that at 29 years old they should be at the peak of their powers. The fact both of them are without clubs and have toiled at a relatively low level says more than anything anyone can write on a messageboard.

Kenneth was, rated as much as Elliot and fletcher when coming through the Scottish 19s. Stevenson played for Chelsea. Hogg captain England's under 19s.

Keep slating them both though mate. Both in comparison with many others have had brilliant careers and like many others peaked at a young age.

ironmike
27-12-2012, 07:51 PM
[QUOTEMy original point stands that at 29 years old they should be at the peak of their powers. The fact both of them are without clubs and have toiled at a relatively low level says more than anything anyone can write on a messageboard.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this. I remember first seeing Gary and Deek coming through at Hibs and thinking that even if they moved on from us, that they would be the Scotland no's 9 and 10 for years to come. Sadly, and for whatever reasons, that hasn't happened.

gegs70
27-12-2012, 07:53 PM
But the pair had a great understanding and worked well together. Why not a short term deal. Any one of them is better than kuqi.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2012, 08:12 PM
That time he played for Chelsea maybe?

He never played for Chelsea's first team! You're at the wind up....

Northernhibee
27-12-2012, 08:17 PM
But the pair had a great understanding and worked well together. Why not a short term deal. Any one of them is better than kuqi.

Because Deek is a league two reject with a horrific attitude and GO'C is a fat waste of a shirt who as well as his well documented off field antics was the biggest impostor in the green and white shirt at the cup final last year?

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:29 PM
He never played for Chelsea's first team! You're at the wind up....

So a player signed by Chelsea at a young age isn't there because the potential is there? And I'm at the wind up? Or did you forget that and are now back tracking? I think so.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Because Deek is a league two reject with a horrific attitude and GO'C is a fat waste of a shirt who as well as his well documented off field antics was the biggest impostor in the green and white shirt at the cup final last year?

Did Garry sell the pies five times like?

Northernhibee
27-12-2012, 08:34 PM

He certainly looked distraught when pictured out partying the same night.

Would be delighted if that useless waste of space was never seen near ER again. Utterly shameful and disprespectful to the fans and the clubs after putting in such an awful, lazy and half hearted performance in a cup final.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:38 PM
He certainly looked distraught when pictured out partying the same night.

Would be delighted if that useless waste of space was never seen near ER again. Utterly shameful and disprespectful to the fans and the clubs after putting in such an awful, lazy and half hearted performance in a cup final.

So did others.

Any idea how we got to the final again? Or how many acclaimed enough points to stay up?

Did you post the same about the big man this time last season? If so link please.

Mikey
27-12-2012, 08:40 PM
So did others.

Any idea how we got to the final again? Or how many acclaimed enough points to stay up?

Did you post the same about the big man this time last season? If so link please.

Any chance you could be a wee bit less rude to our regular users please. There's no need for it.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2012, 08:42 PM
So a player signed by Chelsea at a young age isn't there because the potential is there? And I'm at the wind up? Or did you forget that and are now back tracking? I think so.

He didn't play for Chelsea's first team - that was all I was pointing out. Calm yersel doon.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Any chance you could be a wee bit less rude to our regular users please. There's no need for it.

I'm being rude sticking up for a player who gave us many joyous time being called a druggie waster etc?

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 08:54 PM
He didn't play for Chelsea's first team - that was all I was pointing out. Calm yersel doon.

But he had massive potential. Sorry if I sound aggressive.

Northernhibee
27-12-2012, 08:55 PM
So did others.

Did I post about O'Connors post cup final antics months before the cup final do you mean?

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Did I post about O'Connors post cup final antics months before the cup final do you mean?

Did you back Garry in a hibs top this time last year or was he a fat junkie waster then too?

The boy bleeds green and has a drug problem. A little bit more respect wouldn't go a miss IMO.

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 09:13 PM

A bit harsh Mikey, when you read through the whole thread, what about the abuse of two players who done well in there time at Hibs. :aok:

Hiber-nation
27-12-2012, 09:19 PM
But he had massive potential. Sorry if I sound aggressive.

Well I'll need to take your word for that as I, like most folk on here I would imagine, had never heard of him till he moved from Ayr to that lot.

Russell The Dug
27-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Well I'll need to take your word for that as I, like most folk on here I would imagine, had never heard of him till he moved from Ayr to that lot.

Did he not play for Saints? I can't believe we're arguing about such a Jake ball tattooed hearts pwick anyhow.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Did he not play for Saints?

Youth at Chelsea then 4 years at St Johnstone when they were out of the SPL I think. Was then at Ayr, Hearts, Ipswich, Hearts

SunshineOnLeith
27-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm being rude sticking up for a player who gave us many joyous time being called a druggie waster etc?

He was a player who gave us many joyous times.

He is a druggie waster.

As for Riordan, he had his chance to prove he could still cut it in the SPL with St Johnstone, and failed miserably. The SFL beckons for him, if he can find a team who'll take him.

weecounty hibby
27-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Derek and Garry, thanks for the memories. Lets all move on

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Your defence of GOC is admirable, however GOC since January, gave myself and thousands of others the impression that he was uninterested and back on the powder....For that alone, he will go down in history as a guy who could have become legendary, but chose the wrong options, and let himself, the Club and the fans down......

Sammy7nil
27-12-2012, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=weecounty hibby;3456029]Derek and Garry, thanks for the memories. Lets all move on[

I am one of Deeks biggest fans but I totally agree> Lets move on GOC was woeful in several games during his last spell and Deek has played next to no football for over a year and when he has played he aint been good.

So thanks for some great times and all the best with your new club hunt.

Nuitdelune
28-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Our local paper says Wick Academy are hoping to sign an ex SPL striker for a 5/6 games spell to provide cover as effectively they no striker available due to injuries etc.. The club say they can't name him just now....

Just 2 plus 2 making 5, on my part!