PDA

View Full Version : What to expect at Tynie?

FromTheCapital
24-12-2012, 12:41 PM
It's me and my little brother's first time at Tynie and I know I'll be fine (maybe) but he gets quite nervy and he keeps asking me what to expect... Obviously, it will be loud and I'm sure everyone will feel nervous but is there anything else to expect...

Except from a win :greengrin

JollyGreenGiant
24-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Mayhem :greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-12-2012, 12:45 PM
It's a hole.

They really do go out their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible for away fans.

Or, the more likely scenario, Tynecastle is just a crap stadium

FromTheCapital
24-12-2012, 12:48 PM
And, alot of Allez Allez Allez Auing... :pfgwa

He's only 13 but he's been to Parkhead and Ibrox so I think he'll be fine!

Since90+2
24-12-2012, 12:52 PM
As its a night game a fair proportion of the support will probably be blootered and everything that goes with that.

If your asking what to expect as in potential for trouble then its pretty low. The fans are kept apart until Haymarket so woudnt envisage any problems until potentially nearer the city centre.

Edit - That relates to after the game. Not sure which direction you are coming from beforehand.

DarrenSQH
24-12-2012, 12:55 PM
As its a night game a fair proportion of the support will probably be blootered and everything that goes with that.

A night game during the holidays, could be up there for the drunkest support ever i imagine.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2012, 01:18 PM
It's a filthy stinking hole full of sort of pink seats and animals for fans who only live to beat us full stop. 3-0 Hibs.

0-7

Waxy
24-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Expect a bad smell.
Take a peg for your nose.
And a sickbag incase it gets too much.

Fife-Hibee
24-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Wheres the nearest place for parking my caravan' and does anybody roond that way sell smack ! 3-1 tae the cabbage ! GGTTH

bigwheel
24-12-2012, 01:32 PM
A bunch of style less tramps in the home end , and singing and dancing in ours

Mark79
24-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Jobbies in the sinks and no urinals. Thats before we arrive.

Chuck Rhoades
24-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Carnage.

Pete
24-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Tracksuit bottoms and bigotry in their end.

Drunkenness, arguing and celebrating in ours.

AlbertK86
24-12-2012, 04:03 PM
It is a hole

Whole section of the support had to be moved to another part of the ground as another section of the roof has caved in.

This was from a season ticket holder not happy at having to be moved

Tick Tock
Tick Tock

semaj64
24-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Crap toilets so expect wet feet.

Good Hibess sing song for 90 mins and celebrating victory, com'on the Hibs

Sir David Gray
24-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I've been to pretty much every derby at Tynecastle for the last 7 or 8 years and I've never witnessed any bother.

Not sure what goes on in the city afterwards as I'm well away by then but you won't have a problem around the stadium.

Keith_M
24-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Tasteles songs about dead people, over the top hatred, people getting far too drunk and urinating in sinks, toilets out of order, too many humiliating defeats.

I'm sure you'll love it :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
24-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Collection buckets and face painting. And scones.

NOLA
24-12-2012, 05:03 PM
expect the unexpected :greengrin its a ******hole the likes of which you have never seen (unless you've been to dens park) local mutants straining at the leash to remind you of their importance in scottish football, birds that look like dugs, old men pishing their breeks, and a stadium announcer you'd never tire of slapping :trumpet:

FromTheCapital
24-12-2012, 05:59 PM
expect the unexpected :greengrin its a *****hole the likes of which you have never seen (unless you've been to dens park) local mutants straining at the leash to remind you of their importance in scottish football, birds that look like dugs, old men pishing their breeks, and a stadium announcer you'd never tire of slapping :trumpet:
I was at Dens Park for the 3-1 game this season :greengrin

He's been to Parkhead and Ibrox, so, I'm sure he'll be fine...

Hail Hail!

:flag:

Hibernia Na Eir
24-12-2012, 06:09 PM
IT'S a cesspit. the reason I've not been back since 2000.

kaimendhibs
24-12-2012, 06:14 PM
3 stands full of mutants singing various crappy dirges and waving stinking looking scarves. One stand full of celebrating hibbies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Alf
24-12-2012, 06:15 PM
................. And scones.

With green bits (added for free by Jimmy Jambo)

lEXO
24-12-2012, 06:41 PM
It's me and my little brother's first time at Tynie and I know I'll be fine (maybe) but he gets quite nervy and he keeps asking me what to expect... Obviously, it will be loud and I'm sure everyone will feel nervous but is there anything else to expect...

Except from a win :greengrin

I hope your wee brother enjoys his first Tynie trip as much as i did mate. 1-0 WIN in1977 as a 9 year old. Loved it

ZS DOOM
24-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Due to the fact we can drink all day i'd imagine a more hostile atmosphere than usual

leithsansiro
24-12-2012, 07:30 PM
It's a hole.

They really do go out their way to make it as uncomfortable as possible for away fans.

Or, the more likely scenario, Tynecastle is just a crap stadium

I think that I'd strongly dispute this.
How on earth can the world's most successful club, one with a 400,000 strong following at that, possibly be playing in anything other than an amazing fan-friendly arena? :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2012, 07:55 PM
You can expect the biggest Hibees bounce, and a party when we put them in their place again.....

As far the Piggery, it's a rat infested hovel, wear your old clobber, the place is hoaching......

carnoustiehibee
24-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Remember and wear your asbestos suit.

sbell1875
24-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Frisked before entering the stadium grounds, horrible uncomfortable turnstiles, metal stairs you're likely to slip on, horrible decor, minging toilets, 14,000 horrible, horrible nasty vermin screaming filth.

Welcome to Tynecastle!

Diclonius
24-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I've been to Tynecastle nine times and seen us win once. This year I live five minutes walk from the ground (anyone beat that?) so a loss would be unbearable. A win would be ****ing sweet though. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Have a piss or two before you go because once you have passed the strange smelling red brick part that you couldn't believe the Edinburgh City Council would sanction as a toilet for public use you will never get back to it again, being one of a kind - If I am wrong about the number available to away fans its about spacial reality rather than any malice on my part.

If you don't manage the piss but can get by thinking you have done one on account of the smell, this is still the place to be - to be fair on the Yam it's the heady mix of their own backed up drains, a life time's BO from the regulars and that general flat lager smell that always seems to hang over Gorgie.

Otherwise you will see the finest example of a modern day EUFA standard stadium with hotel complex, annual H&S certificate from Edinburgh City Council, an internationally recognised collection on larger than average posters of fans on either side of the Wheatfield and an unrivalled collection of wooden (yes wooden) seats in the darkest ever stands and Britains only top flight asbestos roofed sporting structure.

Because of Scotland Shames demise into the lower echelons of Scottish Football you will also have a once in a life time chance to experience sectarianism lite - its like The Rangers but with much less money, similar singing but more harmful to children as a rule. One season only though.

It could be one of the last chances ever to see polyester scarf twirling at a competetive level................

Geo_1875
24-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Have a piss or two before you go because once you have passed the strange smelling red brick part that you couldn't believe the Edinburgh City Council would sanction as a toilet for public use you will never get back to it again, being one of a kind - If I am wrong about the number available to away fans its about spacial reality rather than any malice on my part.

If you don't manage the piss but can get by thinking you have done one on account of the smell, this is still the place to be - to be fair on the Yam it's the heady mix of their own backed up drains, a life time's BO from the regulars and that general flat lager smell that always seems to hang over Gorgie.

Otherwise you will see the finest example of a modern day EUFA standard stadium with hotel complex, annual H&S certificate from Edinburgh City Council, an internationally recognised collection on larger than average posters of fans on either side of the Wheatfield and an unrivalled collection of wooden (yes wooden) seats in the darkest ever stands and Britains only top flight asbestos roofed sporting structure.

Because of Scotland Shames demise into the lower echelons of Scottish Football you will also have a once in a life time chance to experience sectarianism lite - its like The Rangers but with much less money, similar singing but more harmful to children as a rule. One season only though.

It could be one of the last chances ever to see polyester scarf twirling at a competetive level................

Surely they built their fire-******ent asbestos roofed stand post Bradford with the safety of their patrons in mind.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Surely they built their fire-******ent asbestos roofed stand post Bradford with the safety of their patrons in mind.

This is what most big city councils, and quite a few small town halls made sure their local football teams did, hopefully Edinburgh did the same - They definitely made sure Hibs new stands all met the standard. Everything will be fine elsewhere.

hibee bouncer
24-12-2012, 10:47 PM
A cake sale!

lyonhibs
25-12-2012, 12:17 AM
By previous experience, drunken, coke snorting ********s should be prevalent (No, I'm not kidding - for some folk, the pissers at Tynie are like a mix between Panorama and a Ross Kemp show with the drugs from a Madchester gig in the early 90's thrown in)

And that's at half time in the away end!!

Butchers aprons, bigotry and inbreeding will be the themes of the day for Johnny Jambo as per usual.

Personally, I can't wait :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
25-12-2012, 02:45 AM
Super morbidly obese locals with terrible dental hygiene who are still deluded enough to belive Romanav will take them to the top. A wee dash of Rangers type Loyalist bigotry, a terrible stench and a decrepit stadium that should be condemned. Those are my experiences anyway.

I'm_cabbaged
25-12-2012, 12:20 PM
By previous experience, drunken, coke snorting ********s should be prevalent (No, I'm not kidding - for some folk, the pissers at Tynie are like a mix between Panorama and a Ross Kemp show with the drugs from a Madchester gig in the early 90's thrown in)

And that's at half time in the away end!!

Butchers aprons, bigotry and inbreeding will be the themes of the day for Johnny Jambo as per usual.

Personally, I can't wait :greengrin

ah, just like the good old days!!
Not been there since we were in the gorgie rd end with pish running down the terracing, cannae wait!!

Billy Whizz
25-12-2012, 12:47 PM
ah, just like the good old days!!
Not been there since we were in the gorgie rd end with pish running down the terracing, cannae wait!!

Nothing has changed other than we've swooped ends