PDA

View Full Version : Hibs players days off / training ???????????

wheniwas5
23-12-2012, 09:57 AM
As an example i,ll go back to 10th december
players in mon 10th tue 11th wed 12th
day off thursday 13th, train friday 14th
play motherwell 15th we all know what happened there.
players night out down newcastle sat nite AND sunday night
day off monday 17th train tues 18th wed 19th thurs 20th,
day off friday 21st, train sat 22nd , todays game.

the reason im posting this is to see what others think about the amount off days off
our players get after watching sky news and seeing the liverpool team arrive for training
at 10am this morning after playing last night.

My own opinion is i think there are far too many days off and when they are
in training its a 2-3 hour day at most.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Have you ever put your thoughts in writing and sent them to Hibs?

Personally, I think players should be flogged to within an inch of their life*, each and every day, apart from Christmas and the manager's birthday.

*Accurate measurement would be a challenge.

JimBHibees
23-12-2012, 10:04 AM

the reason im posting this is to see what others think about the amount off days off
our players get after watching sky news and seeing the liverpool team arrive for training

How do you know all this. Sounds like you are trying to stir it.

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2012, 10:11 AM

Shows us your coaching badges! Then maybe you can have a valid opinion about how many days off is too much.

wheniwas5
23-12-2012, 10:13 AM
not trying to stir anything.
i just find it hard to beleive that the players get this much time off
and if it were hibs that played last night you can bet they would be off today
were as a team like liverpool all in for 10am training.

wheniwas5
23-12-2012, 10:16 AM
sorry didnt know you needed a coaching badge to have an opinion on days off.

500miles
23-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Liverpool would have been in for training due to their game in midweek. Certain players will get the day off while other - particularly at clubs big enough to facilitate squad rotation - will be in training with a view to playing on Wednesday.

500miles
23-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Not to have an opinion, but it helps to have an informed one.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I'd like to know more about their training schedule - don't know how many days they get off but would like to know how they spent their day: video sessions, set pieces, gym work, cardio etc.

ScottB
23-12-2012, 10:26 AM

Well to an extent, yes you do.

When it comes to physical exertion, off days are vital. The muscles need a chance to recover and knit themselves back together. While in terms of normal training you could offset this by altering your schedule, for example Mondays have them doing leg weights, Tuesdays upper body etc. So the different parts of the body are getting something of a rest, but the day after a game seems the prime option for a day off to me. Forcing people to get back on it the next day will likely do them more harm than good and you won't get peak performance out of them.

So while out of context it might sound good to be saying 'those lazy players shouldn't be getting days off, they should be in 12 hours a day, ever day!' That wouldn't make them fitter, so yes, while you don't have to have a coaching badge to have an opinion, some background knowledge on the subject makes for a valid one.

Gatecrasher
23-12-2012, 10:32 AM

I dont see anything wrong with that to be honest, anyone will tell you rest is as important is training. god forbid the 2 days off a week eh?

Ozyhibby
23-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Well to an extent, yes you do.

When it comes to physical exertion, off days are vital. The muscles need a chance to recover and knit themselves back together. While in terms of normal training you could offset this by altering your schedule, for example Mondays have them doing leg weights, Tuesdays upper body etc. So the different parts of the body are getting something of a rest, but the day after a game seems the prime option for a day off to me. Forcing people to get back on it the next day will likely do them more harm than good and you won't get peak performance out of them.

So while out of context it might sound good to be saying 'those lazy players shouldn't be getting days off, they should be in 12 hours a day, ever day!' That wouldn't make them fitter, so yes, while you don't have to have a coaching badge to have an opinion, some background knowledge on the subject makes for a valid one.

Day after game should not be a day off especially if you have picked up a knock. Also drinking after the match is worst possible time as it affects muscle recovery and increases swelling round injuries.
Game on sat, day off should be Monday. Night outs should be Sunday and be very restrained. Most of tge top players in England are tee total these days and very carefully about what they eat. It's part of why they are at the top in the first place.

Ozyhibby
23-12-2012, 10:39 AM
If your interested in training schedules etc and on twitter you should follow this guy
@raymondverheije
One of the world top football fitness coaches and is happy to share.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2012, 10:51 AM
If your interested in training schedules etc and on twitter you should follow this guy
@raymondverheije
One of the world top football fitness coaches and is happy to share.

Cheers. I'm interested particularly in Hibs' schedule - there were comments in the past from former players that they had to step up their game in training after leaving Hibs. Obviously that's disappointing and makes me wonder if what we do is enough.

silverhibee
23-12-2012, 11:09 AM

I am sure the Liverpool players aren't in today doing any intense training, it will simply be a short warm down and will more than likely be away home for 11am, just like Hibs will more than likely do tomorrow.

And i am sure when the Liverpool players had there night out they got the next day of too.

Pretty sure Pat Fenlon will know what he is doing resting the players at this time of year.

silverhibee
23-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Day after game should not be a day off especially if you have picked up a knock. Also drinking after the match is worst possible time as it affects muscle recovery and increases swelling round injuries.
Game on sat, day off should be Monday. Night outs should be Sunday and be very restrained. Most of tge top players in England are tee total these days and very carefully about what they eat. It's part of why they are at the top in the first place.

They weren't in Manchester last weekend. :wink:

Hibbyradge
23-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Pretty sure Pat Fenlon will know what he is doing resting the players at this time of year.

Exactly. 3 games in 7 days will keep their stamina levels up. Whether they recover quickly enough to avoid injury is another matter.

More training would be crazy.

HH81
23-12-2012, 11:21 AM
They weren't in Manchester last weekend. :wink:

Bristol players are not top players :-)

J-C
23-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Think you'll find the training the day prior to a match is extremely light and will cover tactics etc, at this time of the year the fitness of the players shouldn't be a problem and the majority of training is skills, individual focus, positioning and tactical training etc.

Sammy7nil
23-12-2012, 11:52 AM
I dont see anything wrong with that to be honest, anyone will tell you rest is as important is training. god forbid the 2 days off a week eh?

Yeah god forbid they have to put in a 37 hours working week.
Indoor work ball skills etc waste of time. Even bonding as a team watching coaching videos etc I say
PAH ! 3 - 4 hours a day is more than enough work for any mid to lower level SPL team. :wink:

ScottB
23-12-2012, 12:01 PM

Footballers shouldn't drink in season. Hell I notice an impact if I go to the gym or for a run the day after even a few drinks, so guys being paid in part to keep themselves in peak fitness have no business boozing during the season.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2012, 12:02 PM

I think you still are 5.

Danderhall Hibs
23-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Exactly. 3 games in 7 days will keep their stamina levels up. Whether they recover quickly enough to avoid injury is another matter.

More training would be crazy.

Show us your coaching badges!

FranckSuzy
23-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I think you still are 5.

:tee hee:

Beefster
23-12-2012, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=erin-go-bragh87;3452385]

My opinion IS more valid than everyone else's. It's science.

jdships
23-12-2012, 01:30 PM
How do you know all this. Sounds like you are trying to stir it.

:top marks
Suggest the OP does a bit more research
He has looked at a two week spell instead of the overall picture .

jdships
23-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Could have accepted it if it had been an ' INFORMED OPINION ' :wink:

jdships
23-12-2012, 01:36 PM

And of course that is purely your opinion
Is it more informed ?
We will never know will we ?

:greengrin:wink:

Northernhibee
23-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Top tip; if you see anything on the internet that ends with lots of !s or ?s, it will always be utter, utter bollocks.

This topic hasn't broken my rule.

500miles
23-12-2012, 02:08 PM

I possibly am more informed, and I am possibly less informed. I enjoy training, football and distance running, to the extent that I am well aware of the dangers of over-training, and how easily it can become a problem, with my own injuries and experiences. More importantly, and what my point was, I am pretty sure that Pat and his coaching staff are more qualified than the OP and myself to make the decision on when players should and shouldn't be training. In fact, since he was so keen to shed last season's wasters, and was so unhappy with the players' fitness levels when he came, I reckon he can be a pretty demanding coach.

McKenzie
24-12-2012, 08:42 AM
You'll be happy to know that they are training today then?