PDA

View Full Version : NHC Harry cutting though the guff again

down-the-slope
22-12-2012, 09:40 PM
I admit to being a real admirer of Harry Redknapp...once again he refuses to accept the nonsense of EPL and players whose own self importance and inflated view of themselves is ruining the game....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20828024

wookie70
22-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Agree that footballers are paid far too much but then again Arry will be earning more in a year than most of us will in a lifetime so pots and kettles come to mind. Saying that there are huge numbers of individuals getting paid way beyond their talent these days and plenty of them would be top of my list before footballers if there was a revolution.

TV tends to be the root of the evil in football and it is almost wholly the fans who pay for these overpaid players wages through attending matches, TV subscriptions or buying the crap advertised on the channels. Just remember the next time you switch on Sky you are effectively paying your small piece of the high wages. Plenty of reasons for not supporting Sky apart from Football though

Wotherspiniesta
22-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Where are they getting these quotes from?

He doesn't say that in the video!

lapsedhibee
22-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Did he say anything about managers getting paid so much that even their dogs have bank accounts?

wookie70
23-12-2012, 12:03 AM
never heard how how minded the pennies at Pompey either

lyonhibs
23-12-2012, 01:54 AM
For Harry Redknapp to adopt any sort of "moral high ground" positioning on issues of managers or players getting paid too much, after his career, is absolute comedy.

Melted wellie-faced twat :agree::agree:

ScottB
23-12-2012, 02:04 AM
This from a manager who usually signs vast numbers of over priced players with kick backs going to his dog...

I'll break out my tiny violin.

hibsbollah
23-12-2012, 09:06 AM
That's laughable. 'Arry has made a career out of buying overpriced players, and has a dodgy history in terms of agent shenanigans and leaving clubs in dire financial straits as well as not coming out of the bung inquiries very well.

Hes cosy with the hacks though so he gets a good press.

lord bunberry
23-12-2012, 09:11 AM
The big question is was the interview conducted through his car window.

down-the-slope
23-12-2012, 09:14 AM
:tee hee:

Moon unit
23-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Harry give us a quote ! - "Yeah he's a Top,Top player...top draw!:not worth

Carheenlea
23-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I was down at the game yesterday, and Harry Rednapp certainly has his work cut out with those players. They were absolutely diabolical, and I would fancy Hibs to see them off without too much fuss. Regardless of his own background, he is right in what he is saying.

Keith_M
23-12-2012, 11:30 AM
:kettle:

tamig
23-12-2012, 12:40 PM
For Harry Redknapp to adopt any sort of "moral high ground" positioning on issues of managers or players getting paid too much, after his career, is absolute comedy.

Melted wellie-faced twat :agree::agree:

Absolutely. he has a go at agents too. its the likes of old 'arry who have allowed agents to thrive and rampage like a cancer through the game.

jgl07
23-12-2012, 03:03 PM
This coming from a manager who has seen three of his former clubs - Bournemouth, Southampton, and Portsmouth - go into administration!

He is preparing his excuses early, and to be fair, Mark Hughes did leave him with a lot of overpaid underperformers.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x411/JGL07/Harry3.png