PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Day Fiasco

Jamesie
22-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Not sure if this may have been posted elsewhere but the club was planning to have a Ladies' Day on 9th February for the St Johnstone game - it's still being advertised on the website: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Events

I understand the club paid for advertising in the Scotsman yesterday to promote this - only for the St Johnstone game to be moved to the Monday evening, which likely means a number of people are looking for an alternative Xmas present for a loved one today and the club will receive a good number of cancellations, if the event is going ahead in an abbreviated format at all given it is now an evening match.

If anything sums up the way in which the fans end up feeling like second class citizens it is this kind of thing. Granted, Hibs likely didn't expect this game to be televised when they devised this event, but it's still very frustrating overall. :rolleyes:

Gala Foxes
22-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Ladies Night will have to be cancelled as clearly there will be washing up and ironing to do on a Monday night

trev the hat
22-12-2012, 04:44 PM
This, couldn't agree more, club should be compensated on advertising etc. classic example of tv dictatorship & club is damned if it does & damned if it don't.
Whilst every club now needs tv cash. How did we come to this. Very wrong IMO & another off my list.

JennaFletcher
22-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Ladies Night will have to be cancelled as clearly there will be washing up and ironing to do on a Monday night

Hilare. You should be on TV with comedy like that :agree:

ancient hibee
22-12-2012, 06:31 PM

Sexist rubbish.I will show it to my wife once she has come in from work and cooked my tea(provided the tea is up to scratch of course).

JennaFletcher
22-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Not sure if this may have been posted elsewhere but the club was planning to have a Ladies' Day on 9th February for the St Johnstone game - it's still being advertised on the website: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Events

I understand the club paid for advertising in the Scotsman yesterday to promote this - only for the St Johnstone game to be moved to the Monday evening, which likely means a number of people are looking for an alternative Xmas present for a loved one today and the club will receive a good number of cancellations, if the event is going ahead in an abbreviated format at all given it is now an evening match.

If anything sums up the way in which the fans end up feeling like second class citizens it is this kind of thing. Granted, Hibs likely didn't expect this game to be televised when they devised this event, but it's still very frustrating overall. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused by this event. I understand it's all a bit of fun and they're trying to get us ladies together. However, they're trying to make football non-gendered but they insist in marketing this event around gendered stereotypes. I find the below quote to be pretty bad but hey ho... I'm probably going to go anyway, it'll be interesting & it's all just a bit of fun I guess :greengrin (N.B: I am not a dimbo dumbo and I understand the offside rule.)

From The Scotsman:

Ms Vettese said: “We’ve got something set up to explain the offside rule to the ladies as well in a way that they’ll understand and we’ve got them all going out to the dug-outs as well to get their picture taken with the manager. We’re encouraging them to get really dressed up. We’ll have a prize for the best dressed lady on the day.”

bingo70
22-12-2012, 06:42 PM

I thought it was quite funny to be fair :greengrin

I'm a bit confused by this event. I understand it's all a bit of fun and they're trying to get us ladies together. However, they're trying to make football non-gendered but they insist in marketing this event around gendered stereotypes. I find the below quote to be pretty bad but hey ho... I'm probably going to go anyway, it'll be interesting & it's all just a bit of fun I guess :greengrin (N.B: I am not a dimbo dumbo and I understand the offside rule.)

From The Scotsman:

Ms Vettese said: “We’ve got something set up to explain the offside rule to the ladies as well in a way that they’ll understand and we’ve got them all going out to the dug-outs as well to get their picture taken with the manager. We’re encouraging them to get really dressed up. We’ll have a prize for the best dressed lady on the day.”

IMO it was just a bit of a light hearted laugh at the stereotype about women not understanding the offside rule.

I think it was a good idea and i can't believe there's not some dialogue between the clubs and the TV companies and we couldn't object to the game being moved on the grounds we'd been running with a promotion for this game, seems like they don't talk to each other and come to an agreement on the games which are shown which i find bizarre.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Andy Gray and Richard Keyes are all over this thread like a rash, especially the offside rule remarks. "As long as the ladies look pretty and only speak when they're spoken to, I'll be there", said Gray.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2012, 06:54 PM

Will there ever be an appropriate date to have it, given that a woman's work is never done? ( the fundamental reason, why on average, they get paid less than men....)

Jay
22-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I'd rather stick cocktail sticks in my eyes than go to that to be honest but the club should be compensated for this by the tv company. What a farce.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd rather stick cocktail sticks in my eyes than go to that to be honest but the club should be compensated for this by the tv company. What a farce.

But you are a pretty wee thing :tee hee:

wearethehibs
22-12-2012, 08:31 PM
If the club get compansated, then I want compansated for last year. Having to spend extra cash on going to ICT away for the game to be changed twice.

I actually like the fact that the club might feel like the fans do for a change, although they will recieve a nice pay cheque for being ****ed around.

Jay
22-12-2012, 08:38 PM
But you are a pretty wee thing :tee hee:
That I know but i will be way too busy cleaning and ironing to be given an evening off.

Apart from the fact the advertising of it is completely demeaning. ;-)

PatHead
22-12-2012, 09:59 PM
If the club get compansated, then I want compansated for last year. Having to spend extra cash on going to ICT away for the game to be changed twice.

I actually like the fact that the club might feel like the fans do for a change, although they will recieve a nice pay cheque for being ****ed around.

They won't as the clubs get nothing for a tv game. It will hurt Hibs as well.

HH81
22-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I doubt many will have been sold.

hibsmum
22-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Ms Vettese said: “We’ve got something set up to explain the offside rule to the ladies as well in a way that they’ll understand and we’ve got them all going out to the dug-outs as well to get their picture taken with the manager. We’re encouraging them to get really dressed up. We’ll have a prize for the best dressed lady on the day.

But what if you already know the offside rule?

Geo_1875
23-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Ms Vettese said: “We’ve got something set up to explain the offside rule to the ladies as well in a way that they’ll understand and we’ve got them all going out to the dug-outs as well to get their picture taken with the manager. We’re encouraging them to get really dressed up. We’ll have a prize for the best dressed lady on the day.

But what if you already know the offside rule?

Then they can explain it to the referee and his assistants.

Hainan Hibs
23-12-2012, 02:03 PM
It would be like organising a Mens Day at New Look. It's just wrong.

Mary Hinge
23-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately this is becoming far too common. The TV companies are taking the piss and the clubs are accepting it.

My mates and I used to book hospitality 3 or 4 times a season until the TV companies started moving games willy nilly.

We haven't booked hospitality for two seasons now and whilst I feel that the club are losing out on our money, I get the feeling that they are more than happy to take the TV money and play to half empty stadiums.

It's a shame really and apathy is setting in with a lot of supporters because of this.

RANT OVER.

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately this is becoming far too common. The TV companies are taking the piss and the clubs are accepting it.

My mates and I used to book hospitality 3 or 4 times a season until the TV companies started moving games willy nilly.

We haven't booked hospitality for two seasons now and whilst I feel that the club are losing out on our money, I get the feeling that they are more than happy to take the TV money and play to half empty stadiums.

It's a shame really and apathy is setting in with a lot of supporters because of this.

RANT OVER.

You are 100% completely wrong on that score, Petrie told me personally they are pulling their hair out with the tv deal. So much so we voted against it, but were out voted.

Apparently last season and the season before, Hibs were the team most affected by tv and different game times, and the club were disgusted at the way our support have been mucked about.

Bristolhibby
23-12-2012, 03:54 PM
As an out of town fan who would like to book flights up months in advance, it's impossible. You have to pick games that you wouldn't think would be on the TV.

However today's game, and the St. Johnstone game would have been the ones that you would have thought would not be on the telly.

J

heretoday
23-12-2012, 04:06 PM
This Ladies Day sounds a bit crass. Hibs involvement with the fair sex has been chequered down the years.

Does anyone remember the Golden Goal girls parading round the track? Or the drum majorettes performing in a bitter wind at half times?

Jimmy Savile would have blushed.

ancient hibee
23-12-2012, 04:28 PM
This Ladies Day sounds a bit crass. Hibs involvement with the fair sex has been chequered down the years.

Does anyone remember the Golden Goal girls parading round the track? Or the drum majorettes performing in a bitter wind at half times?

Jimmy Savile would have blushed.

Anyone who thinks women are fair has nothing useful to contribute:greengrin

FranckSuzy
23-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Apart from this being cancelled due to the game being moved for television, the part that :grr: me the most was the line 'comfortable executive seat to watch the hunky Hibees perform on the pitch'. What a load of sexist pash :rolleyes: Hunky? Does anyone even use that word? Bang tidy Hibees, however, I may have let go :greengrin

Jay
23-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah I use hunky quite a lot ;-)

FranckSuzy
23-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah I use hunky quite a lot ;-)

Yeah, my boyfriend said you called him that last night :wink:

Jay
23-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah just as he was going oot the door ha ha

FranckSuzy
23-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah just as he was going oot the door ha ha

Beatch! Those scratches on his back were OTT :greengrin

Sudds_1
23-12-2012, 09:46 PM

Indeed.......................

...everyone knows its actually hair washing night. :rolleyes:

FranckSuzy
24-12-2012, 10:46 AM
For anyone wanting to go :wink:

'Hibernian FC (FC‏@HibernianFCClub)‏ (FC‏@HibernianFCClub)@HibernianFCClub (FC‏@HibernianFCClub) Ladies Day has now been moved to 30 March (ICT) at Easter Road Stadium. More details to follow in due course'.