PDA

View Full Version : Pat and Rod duped

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Picture in Today's Evening News, with a random having his photo taken with PF and RP. and he is gesturing the 5-1 behind their backs.....

Irritating how these cretins get their cheapies......(Mind you I would do it, if shoe was on other foot)

Beefster
22-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Saw this a few days ago.

Why's it in the Evening News?

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Saw this a few days ago.

Why's it in the Evening News?

Must be a non story day?

Beefster
22-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Must be a non story day?

Jesus, I remember when the News used to be quite good.

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Not much in it these days IMO.....Quite how John Gibson still gets a column is beyond me, about as funny as catching crabs...

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Showing your age!

#FromTheCapital
22-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Well I'd find it funny if it was the other way round so fair play to the guy.

JohnStephens91
22-12-2012, 12:58 PM
No idea why it is in the paper biggest crock of crap story of the day I imagine, if I had a job there I'd refuse to write up a story like that even if it was Hibs purely because it doesn't matter. It's a shame that both Rod and Pat were duped by the half-man (I use man very lightly) half-lemur that has been decimated by a HGV traveling at 100 MPH.

3pm
22-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Well done to said Jambo! Very witty! One that'd raise a giggle on here.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Time for us to get the 7 back up everywhere..:agree:

silverhibee
22-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Not much in it these days IMO.....Quite how John Gibson still gets a column is beyond me, about as funny as catching crabs...

Fags, crabs, :hmmm: :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
22-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Picture in Today's Evening News, with a random having his photo taken with PF and RP. and he is gesturing the 5-1 behind their backs.....

Irritating how these cretins get their cheapies......(Mind you I would do it, if shoe was on other foot)

You would of course have to be a mutant, wi at least 6 or even better 7 fingers on one hand :greengrin

alnewhaven
22-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Is John Gibson a real person or the name of the column? Sure he had a column of his own in the early 70s. Maybe he just can't afford to retire

Hanny
22-12-2012, 01:45 PM
If anyone's interested...

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.2704520.1356174621!image/3724656256.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/3724656256.jpg

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hearts-fan-ambushes-pat-fenlon-and-rod-petrie-in-ultimate-5-1-picture-1-2704521

Pretty Boy
22-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Is John Gibson a real person or the name of the column? Sure he had a column of his own in the early 70s. Maybe he just can't afford to retire

If you ever want to meet John Gibson just put up a sign saying 'free bar' or 'complimentary tickets' and he'll appear as if by magic.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Fair play to the fella, raised a laugh from me. I hurted from the trip from my seat back to the coach and then I was over it.

Jones28
22-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Well played to be fair

hibsbollah
22-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Quite good, we'd be milking it as well.

weecounty hibby
22-12-2012, 02:15 PM
It is fairly good banter really. Good luck to him, he will become on of those legends that they will talk about in the Tynecastle Arms. You know the one just round from the Tesco superstore, where there used to be a football club. They will reminisce about 5-1, their special relationship with the Scottish cup, the 86 double winning team, Gary McKays amazing haul of winners medals, the champions league winners, the world cup superstars and say to themselves "It was all worth it to be pumped by Vlad"

I was surprised just how quickly I got over the final. I thought I would feel worse than I actually did the day after. Wonder if they will get over the loss of their club as quickly.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2012, 02:18 PM
It's a quality pic. Fair play to him. I can take it because I know they are about to go bust and the money they spent on that team will be why.

Sudds_1
It is fairly good banter really. Good luck to him, he will become on of those legends that they will talk about in the Tynecastle Arms. You know the one just round from the Tesco superstore, where there used to be a football club. They will reminisce about 5-1, their special relationship with the Scottish cup, the 86 double winning team, Gary McKays amazing haul of winners medals, the champions league winners, the world cup superstars and say to themselves "It was all worth it to be pumped by Vlad"

I was surprised just how quickly I got over the final. I thought I would feel worse than I actually did the day after. Wonder if they will get over the loss of their club as quickly.

They are so deluded I often wonder if they'd actually realise their club was gone. Lets face it when your heads that far up your erkie you can't see very much........:cb

silverhibee
If anyone's interested...

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.2704520.1356174621!image/3724656256.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/3724656256.jpg

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hearts-fan-ambushes-pat-fenlon-and-rod-petrie-in-ultimate-5-1-picture-1-2704521

Rod & Pat out in George Street, that's all we need. :greengrin

So who is the mutant. Anyone know. ?

Read it now. :doh:

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Fags, crabs, :hmmm: :greengrin

Cheeky git.....:greengrin

I'm going to have to watch what I post with you around Silver:wink:

Hibbyradge
22-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Time for us to get the 7 back up everywhere..:agree:

:agree:

hibsbollah
22-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Petrie looks like he could do with a term of Football Fans in Training. Porker.

silverhibee
22-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Cheeky git.....:greengrin

I'm going to have to watch what I post with you around Silver:wink:

:thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
22-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Fair play to the guy and i'm sure it will just keep the banter going between the support but why is the EEN getting involved in this pish?

Pretty Boy
22-12-2012, 02:40 PM
In fairness it raised a wee chuckle from me.

They seem to be expecting a massive reaction from all these pictures and things like that road markings 5-1, I think it upsets them quite a lot when they don't get it.

Treadstone
22-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Fair play . But you just know that this guy tells everyone what he has done and when you try to walk away from him he is oot wi' the camera phone to show you.

Frazerbob
22-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Fair doos to the Merrick. I'm sure it has made his year. I now look forward to the EEN running their story of Jimmy the Jambo's video......aye right!

Pete
22-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't understand why some people are taking this so lightly. That was the result that "finished us as a football club" and "destroyed our soul permanently".

Fair play to the guy but the man's occupation was the funniest part of the article. Irony or what!

500miles
22-12-2012, 03:18 PM
It's not funny. It's not clever. It's not hurtful. It's the football equivalent of bunny ears. It's all very good to have a laugh at ourselves, but let's not allow our keenness to seem gracious allow us to overlook the fact that it's ****.

Big Frank
22-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Nah,

boys a rocket.

malcky
22-12-2012, 03:52 PM

You forgot to mention winning the 1st world war :greengrin

Chibs
22-12-2012, 04:32 PM

Snap

Quality post

HibbyRod
22-12-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't understand why some people are taking this so lightly. That was the result that "finished us as a football club" and "destroyed our soul permanently".

Fair play to the guy but the man's occupation was the funniest part of the article. Irony or what!

Mark Ross’ audacious stunt

Sounds about right to me. :agree:

danhibees1875
22-12-2012, 04:53 PM

Because it didn't do these things. :dunno:

Pete
22-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Because it didn't do these things. :dunno:

Whoever runs this site will have to get smileys for phone users set up :-)

...maybe chuck in a sarcasm one too?

Harpandcastle
22-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Anyone know the guy? If so get his address up so we can all send him some nice surprises for Christmas.

Famous Fiver
22-12-2012, 05:25 PM
The guy's name is published in tonight's Evening News. Shouldn't be too hard to track him down.

He is described as a 'Finance Manager'. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my finances.

I think the photograph says more about him than any perceived one upmanship on Hibs.

Funny feeling he is going to live to regret his moment of fame.

R'Albin
22-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Some folk around here need to lighten up a little, it's only a football game for crying out loud. Pretty amusing I thought.

trev the hat
22-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Apart from being a confirmed facial merrick, I find it quite amusing & hats off to the ugly one for seizing the moment.
As for financial advising, that's more amusing than the pic.

silverhibee
22-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Hibs declined to comment. :faf:

danhibees1875
22-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Whoever runs this site will have to get smileys for phone users set up :-)

...maybe chuck in a sarcasm one too?

You're not an uberfan until you memorise them all. :greengrin

But point taken, :aok:

JimBHibees
22-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Well done on the boy to be fair. Quite how it merited a mention in the EEN is anyones guess.

jabis
22-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Anyone know the guy? If so get his address up so we can all send him some nice surprises for Christmas.

The guy's name is published in tonight's Evening News. Shouldn't be too hard to track him down.

He is described as a 'Finance Manager'. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my finances.

I think the photograph says more about him than any perceived one upmanship on Hibs.

dearie me,lighten up..:rolleyes:

Bowtow
22-12-2012, 06:22 PM
He is like "there is always one" you know, the wee schoolboy prick who spoilt the picture. :crazy:

ancient hibee
22-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Never turn your back on anyone who works in the financial services as they're sure to stuff you.

RIP
22-12-2012, 06:31 PM
It's funny how the meedja treat the cup final game. Most Hibbies I know went into the game expecting a humping - given how we showed such shaky form last season. Kujabi got himself sent off, Santana dived into the box from outside and wi ten men the game wiz a bogey.

According to the journos and broadcasters we spent six months up to the cup game at ER in December slashing our wrists. My crowd shook it off as soon as we started to win some games at home and put some daylight between us and the Yams in the league

Wonder why they are so keen to perpetuate the myth? Most posters on this thread seem over it

stoneyburn hibs
22-12-2012, 07:11 PM
It's funny how the meedja treat the cup final game. Most Hibbies I know went into the game expecting knows humping. Kujabi got himself sent off, Santana dived into the box from outside and wi ten men the game wiz a bogey

According to the journos and broadcasters we spent six months up to the cup game at ER slashing our wrists. My crowd shook it off as soon as we started to win some games at home and put some daylight between us in the league

Wonder why they are so keen to perpetuate the myth. Most posters here seem over it

Dont think so

Eyrie
22-12-2012, 07:25 PM

Let's leave that mob mentality to the Huns RIP/Sevco Huns support.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2012, 07:28 PM

Why not?

He appears to be able to count.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2012, 07:42 PM
The guy's a Hearts twat but that is quite humorous as far as wind ups go.

We would find that hilarious if the shoe was on the other foot.

VickMackie
22-12-2012, 07:47 PM

No need. It's just a bit of banter. We're not Sevco.

iwasthere1972
22-12-2012, 07:50 PM

That's when it was pink.

Northernhibee
22-12-2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/javaImages/99/7/0,,10289%7E8325017,00.jpg

It's alright, after the last derby Fat Jim was duped by the undercover shirt printer!

mim
22-12-2012, 07:53 PM
It's funny how the meedja treat the cup final game. Most Hibbies I know went into the game expecting knows humping. Kujabi got himself sent off, Santana dived into the box from outside and wi ten men the game wiz a bogey.

According to the journos and broadcasters we spent six months up to the cup game at ER slashing our wrists. My crowd shook it off as soon as we started to win some games at home and put some daylight between us in the league

Wonder why they are so keen to perpetuate the myth. Most posters here seem over it

Completely agree with this. :agree:

If the Cup final had been 11 v. 11 and ended 5-1, that would have been the humiliating drubbing that the press, all Hearts fans and some Hibs fans refer to.

I left the final more angry with the referee than disappointed with Hibs.

There is no doubt that Hibs were poor on the day, but McPake had just got us back in the game when the referree ruined it.

Northernhibee
22-12-2012, 08:01 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/17/article-2219086-15650AE0000005DC-882_468x351.jpg

Even Neil Lennon is getting in on the action. Uncle Fester duped too. :greengrin

jdships
22-12-2012, 08:23 PM
As was posted elsewhere
' LITTLE THINGS PLEASE LITTLE MINDS '

Jonnyboy
22-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Why not?

He appears to be able to count.

Indeed. Yamenomic balance sheet. 5 on one side and one on the other - a Hearts type balance :wink:

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Indeed. Yamenomic balance sheet. 5 on one side and one on the other - a Hearts type balance :wink:

If he's a real Jambo, he is obviously hiding some fingers.... on both hands.:greengrin

hibsbollah
22-12-2012, 10:04 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/17/article-2219086-15650AE0000005DC-882_468x351.jpg

Even Neil Lennon is getting in on the action. Uncle Fester duped too. :greengrin

Why is McGlyn doing the Gangnam :dunno:

shetlandhibee
22-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Whens a hibee going to do the 1 0 single behind vlad and mcgylnn;-)

Jonnyboy
22-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Why is McGlyn doing the Gangnam :dunno:

Looking to make a Korea out of dancing? :wink:

OsloHibs
23-12-2012, 12:13 AM
When we took the cup off them, (to me) the 5-1 is 'old news'.. :yawn:
Over it. suprisingly.

Billy McKirdy
23-12-2012, 12:32 AM
Completely agree with this. :agree:

If the Cup final had been 11 v. 11 and ended 5-1, that would have been the humiliating drubbing that the press, all Hearts fans and some Hibs fans refer to.

I left the final more angry with the referee than disappointed with Hibs.

There is no doubt that Hibs were poor on the day, but McPake had just got us back in the game when the referree ruined it.

I was one of the few who stayed to the bitter end that horrendously **** day :confused:
I understood why you all departed, and I was so close to bolting before the whistle myself, BUT I stayed in spite of my instincts and applauded the guys even though every sinew in me said get to **** and get out of there, we WERE robbed by that ******* Thompson, no doubt, but I could not desert my team, no matter what the arrogant *******s done :rolleyes:

hfc rd
23-12-2012, 12:52 AM

I was one of the few who stayed to the bitter end that horrendously **** day :confused:
I understood why you all departed, and I was so close to bolting before the whistle myself, BUT I stayed in spite of my instincts and applauded the guys even though every sinew in me said get to **** and get out of there, we WERE robbed by that ******* Thompson, no doubt, but I could not desert my team, no matter what the arrogant *******s done :rolleyes:

Fair play. It must have been hard to keep watching as I left when the 5th goal went in. We were robbed by that fud Thomson but more importantly if some of the imposters like Doherty, Soares, Claros (the old one), O'Connor etc had shown the same amount of passion and drive that us fans showed by organising a stunning display of the flags and the card that blew the pathetic yams one away plus traveliing down in big numbers and backing the lads from the start. It could have been a different story.

hibs4thecup1988
23-12-2012, 01:11 AM

I also stayed with my son and 2 pals. Yes it was VERY hard to take. Not going to deny that. I even watched them lift the trophy. As soon as they walked down the steps we bolted. The players in my view did not do much wrong that day. I Really do feel if the game had been 11 vs 11 we would have won. I will NEVER forget McPakes goal line clearance at 2-0 and turning to the guy behind me and saying we have won the cup. Then McPake went up the other end and scored. After the 37th minute that day it was history. I was raging with the ref on the full time whistle because I had known it was never a penalty as my auld man had text me to say it was miles outside the box. But it would still have been 10 vs 11.

Just something for us to forget. They will always rub it in, but guess what? It is the end of them. We have an amazing chance now to be the best team in Edinburgh over a long period of time. Just hope the lads take it.

lyonhibs
23-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I also stayed with my son and 2 pals. Yes it was VERY hard to take. Not going to deny that. I even watched them lift the trophy. As soon as they walked down the steps we bolted. The players in my view did not do much wrong that day. I Really do feel if the game had been 11 vs 11 we would have won. I will NEVER forget McPakes goal line clearance at 2-0 and turning to the guy behind me and saying we have won the cup. Then McPake went up the other end and scored. After the 37th minute that day it was history. I was raging with the ref on the full time whistle because I had known it was never a penalty as my auld man had text me to say it was miles outside the box. But it would still have been 10 vs 11.

Just something for us to forget. They will always rub it in, but guess what? It is the end of them. We have an amazing chance now to be the best team in Edinburgh over a long period of time. Just hope the lads take it.

No. Just no. Soares, Doherty and a variety of other underperforming wasters meant that be it 11 vs 11 or 10 vs 11, we were never going to win that game. 11 vs 11, it wouldn't have been 5-1, that's about as good as it can get. I left the stadium furious with the Hibs players, board and - indeed - manager, though that had all more or less subsided on the walk back to Glasgow city centre. I'd question the sanity/eyesight of anyone who, upon leaving the stadium, was anything other than raging with Hibs that day.

Anyway, that was then, this is now.

GGTTH

:flag:

7 Hills
23-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Pat And Rod weren't "duped". A Jambo cant had to kid on he was a Hibee to get that photo, and I for one would NEVER under ANY circumstances pretend to be a ****bo for a pishy photo opportunity!

Swedish hibee
23-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Pat And Rod weren't "duped". A Jambo cant had to kid on he was a Hibee to get that photo, and I for one would NEVER under ANY circumstances pretend to be a ****bo for a pishy photo opportunity!

:aok:

Feed McGraw
23-12-2012, 05:41 PM
No. Just no. Soares, Doherty and a variety of other underperforming wasters meant that be it 11 vs 11 or 10 vs 11, we were never going to win that game. 11 vs 11, it wouldn't have been 5-1, that's about as good as it can get. I left the stadium furious with the Hibs players, board and - indeed - manager, though that had all more or less subsided on the walk back to Glasgow city centre. I'd question the sanity/eyesight of anyone who, upon leaving the stadium, was anything other than raging with Hibs that day.

Anyway, that was then, this is now.

GGTTH

:flag:

I know we`ve all discussed it before, but bad as Hibs were for the first 30 mins, we were back in that game at HT. Football as they say is a funny game and if that cheating Ref hadn`t done what he did and I include not booking, or even sending off Black, ( if Griffiths had done what Black did he would have been off IMO) the game might have been different, it just might , that`s all, but we`ll never know. The confidence that had come back just before HT was completely obliterated by that cheat of a Ref.

Devilstorment
23-12-2012, 05:54 PM

:top marks

Sir David Gray
23-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Sorry, but I honestly think you're revising history there.

Craig Thomson certainly didn't help matters by giving a penalty to them when it should have been a free kick and by not sending Ian Black off in the first half after he assaulted Leigh Griffiths but the group of jokers that took to the field that day wearing our colours disgraced themselves and made a mockery of the club during that 90 minutes.

They bottled it, big time, and we got exactly what we deserved from that game, which was nothing.

clerriehibs
23-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Sorry, but I honestly think you're revising history there.

Craig Thomson certainly didn't help matters by giving a penalty to them when it should have been a free kick and by not sending Ian Black off in the first half after he assaulted Leigh Griffiths but the group of jokers that took to the field that day wearing our colours disgraced themselves and made a mockery of the club during that 90 minutes.

They bottled it, big time, and we got exactly what we deserved from that game, which was nothing.

You're saying that hearts with 10 men, without their most influential player on the day and without thomson giving them a goal for nothing, would still have beaten us?

Jonnyboy
23-12-2012, 09:05 PM

Can you imagine any self respecting Hibby trying to dupe the equivalent and have their pic taken with the bus driver and submariner? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
23-12-2012, 09:08 PM
You're saying that hearts with 10 men, without their most influential player on the day and without thomson giving them a goal for nothing, would still have beaten us?

I think they would have done, yes. Not 5-1 but I still think they would have won.

Clearly it's all hypothetical as no-one knows what the outcome would have been if this had happened or that had happened but I think some people are allowing their minds to play tricks on them as the memory of that day becomes more and more distant.

We were absolutely woeful that day, James McPake was the only Hibs player to come out of the game with any sort of credit. It disgusts me, even to this day, to think that some of these players actually played for our club at all.

FranckSuzy
23-12-2012, 09:11 PM
I think they would have done, yes. Not 5-1 but I still think they would have won.

Clearly it's all hypothetical as no-one knows what the outcome would have been if this had happened or that had happened but I think some people are allowing their minds to play tricks on them as the memory of that day becomes more and more distant.

We were absolutely woeful that day, James McPake was the only Hibs player to come out of the game with any sort of credit. It disgusts me, even to this day, to think that some of these players actually played for our club at all.

It was never a 1-5 game however, hand-on-heart, I couldn't have seen Hibs winning it in a month of Sunday's. The sending off changed the game, as did the lack of red card for Black BUT us win it? No chance I'm afraid.

Mr White
23-12-2012, 09:15 PM

I know where you're coming from FH but I think you're underestimating the effect of Thompsons first half decisions- black on grifiths and skacel on Stevenson with no action and kujabi in the book for his first tackle meant our players were scared to put a foot in as they knew they'd be penalised. having said that we didn't turn up and got what we deserved.

Phil MaGlass
24-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Well done on the boy to be fair. Quite how it merited a mention in the EEN is anyones guess.

fair play tae the lad, the reason its in the Evening News is, just like the Scotsman, when they are not trying to discredit the SNP, they really dont have anything else to write about, they really do have a VERY POOR quality of journo.

Scotsman needs tae change its name tae the Britsman as it contributes absolutely FA tae Scotland.
As for the Evening News nuff said.
I only read the SPL part on their webpages even that is devoid of any breaking news stories, most of their stories are taken from Hibs-net.

The Green Goblin
24-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Pretty funny imo, (harmless) and even funnier, as every time I see that 5-1 gesture, I am instantly reminded that the price of that victory will be the existence of their club. Agree with others who are wondering why this is a full length report in the EEN and Scotsman. Have they really sunk this low?! Maybe the Sunday Post "sportswriters" are having a day off?

NAE NOOKIE
24-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Ach ..... Fair doos tae the guy.

Like a lot of folk on this site I just love it when these cheats rub it in that their team full of players they couldnt afford to pay ( in fact still hav'nt paid ) inflicted the most humiliating defeat in our history on us.

I just loved the guy who built 5 - 1 into the pavement outside a pub in Easter Road, after all its just a bit of fun isnt it?

I'm sure if the Yams team at Hampden had been made up of a bunch of players who were either too stupid to grasp the magnitude of the game or just not very good and it had been defeated in the most humbling manner possible in the biggest game in the clubs history by a Hibs team assembled way beyond the clubs means, that the Yam fans would have just been rolling in the isles and would have been holding their sides at every jolly jape we pulled to remind them of the score that day.

A cheat is a cheat is a cheat. I have enough class to take a fair and square dooing on a level playing field. I'm even prepared to accept that in the case of the two Scottish cup finals and one League cup final I have seen us lose to the OF that their greater income and support means that they will have a better team on the park.

I have been watching Hibs in person for nearly 37 years and I know how to put up with and get over a beating.

I just dont think the fact that the biggest game I have ever seen Hibs play in ... or may ever see them play in ... was lost in such a manner due to cheating is anything to laugh about.

I am not pretending that Hibs would have won on the day against Yam a team of similar ability .. in fact given our SC and derby record probably not .... But the truth is we will never know because we had a ref biased against Hibs and we were up against a club who won a semi and then a final with players who shouldnt ( and they knew it ) have been on their books.

So sorry lads ..... FTH they have no right to revel in that victory .... In fact they should be ashamed to talk about it !!!!

The Green Goblin
24-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Ach ..... Fair doos tae the guy.

Like a lot of folk on this site I just love it when these cheats rub it in that their team full of players they couldnt afford to pay ( in fact still hav'nt paid ) inflicted the most humiliating defeat in our history on us.

I just loved the guy who built 5 - 1 into the pavement outside a pub in Easter Road, after all its just a bit of fun isnt it?

I'm sure if the Yams team at Hampden had been made up of a bunch of players who were either too stupid to grasp the magnitude of the game or just not very good and it had been defeated in the most humbling manner possible in the biggest game in the clubs history by a Hibs team assembled way beyond the clubs means, that the Yam fans would have just been rolling in the isles and would have been holding their sides at every jolly jape we pulled to remind them of the score that day.

A cheat is a cheat is a cheat. I have enough class to take a fair and square dooing on a level playing field. I'm even prepared to accept that in the case of the two Scottish cup finals and one League cup final I have seen us lose to the OF that their greater income and support means that they will have a better team on the park.

I have been watching Hibs in person for nearly 37 years and I know how to put up with and get over a beating.

I just dont think the fact that the biggest game I have ever seen Hibs play in ... or may ever see them play in ... was lost in such a manner due to cheating is anything to laugh about.

I am not pretending that Hibs would have won on the day against Yam a team of similar ability .. in fact given our SC and derby record probably not .... But the truth is we will never know because we had a ref biased against Hibs and we were up against a club who won a semi and then a final with players who shouldnt ( and they knew it ) have been on their books.

So sorry lads ..... FTH they have no right to revel in that victory .... In fact they should be ashamed to talk about it !!!!

I can see your point, and I agree with it up to a point, but their mob mentality will ensure that they will have no shame or honesty as far as that game is concerned. But....he who laughs last laughs longest and what it took to get that victory, the one they are having such a hoot celebrating, will also bring their club to its knees, possibly destroy it. So when I see them chomping on about the result etc, I can be patient because there's a time coming very soon when they will have no choice but to face up to it, and it will be very unpleasant for them.