PDA

View Full Version : PF Lowdown re Killie game

JimBHibees
21-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Good stuff from Pat.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121221/lowdown-from-fenlon_2262950_3016035

Completely agree with this.

Heading into the half-way point in the season, Fenlon admits he has been pleased with the progress made, but stresses there is still plenty of room for improvement.
He said: "I think we have made big strides as a club and as a team. I've said that previously we're not getting carried away with that.
"We know that there are a lot of aspects for us to work on and Saturday just bears that out to be honest.
"We know there is a lot of work to do, both on the training pitch and in games, but we are making real good progress.
"I think that is important. From where we were on the 20th of May to where we are now - there is no comparison."

I think we can do well on Sunday and Liam Kelly being suspended is another positive for us IMO.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2012, 09:50 AM
I'll be delighted if we can go there on Sunday and get a win. I don't have any actual stats to hand but our record at Rugby Park in recent years must be one of the worst out of all the teams in the SPL.

We need to see a reaction after the disappointment of last week's collapse so here's hoping.

I agree entirely with his overall assessment regarding our improvement.

davhibby
21-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I'll be delighted if we can go there on Sunday and get a win. I don't have any actual stats to hand but our record at Rugby Park in recent years must be one of the worst out of all the teams in the SPL.

We need to see a reaction after the disappointment of last week's collapse so here's hoping.

Although I think PF's record against killie's pretty good?

Stevie Reid
21-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Good stuff from Pat.

Heading into the half-way point in the season, Fenlon admits he has been pleased with the progress made, but stresses there is still plenty of room for improvement.
He said: "I think we have made big strides as a club and as a team. I've said that previously we're not getting carried away with that.
"We know that there are a lot of aspects for us to work on and Saturday just bears that out to be honest.
"We know there is a lot of work to do, both on the training pitch and in games, but we are making real good progress.
"I think that is important. From where we were on the 20th of May to where we are now - there is no comparison."

I think we can do well on Sunday and Liam Kelly being suspended is another positive for us IMO.

Yep, Pat on the ball with a fair assessment of where we are.

The way Killie and ourselves play there will be chances, so we just need to make sure we take ours when we come along. We played better for longer than Motherwell did last week, but they took more of their chances.

Having McGivern back at CH will be a bonus with regards to handling Sheridan I reckon.

Judas Iscariot
21-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Hopefully LG is interested this week!!

Lucius Apuleius
21-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Another half hearted statement coming from the club and its representatives. I am fed up with it and will not be back until there is more positivity from him and he stops spouting all this improvement guff. Remember May 19th Pat? Remember the size of the crowd against Motherwell? And don't forget Motherwell have only a fraction of our budget.

(Anything I have missed? :greengrin)

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Another half hearted statement coming from the club and its representatives. I am fed up with it and will not be back until there is more positivity from him and he stops spouting all this improvement guff. Remember May 19th Pat? Remember the size of the crowd against Motherwell? And don't forget Motherwell have only a fraction of our budget.

Irishmen.

Famous5forever
21-12-2012, 11:31 AM

we have lost 4 out of our last 5 league games if we lose this one thats 3 points from 18 thats more like CC form this is a Big game and we need to win it i think we will win this game by a couple of goals as Killie are mince.

Lucius Apuleius
21-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Irishmen.

Damn.

yeezus.
21-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Can't wait for this one - Pat is right - Kilmarnock are so unpredictable. They are the sort of team that get results when and where you don't expect them (Celtic at Parkhead 2-0 and Aberdeen at Pittodrie 2-0) so it should be a good game... considering I paid £22 for a ticket I'd imagine it will be.

Dalkeith Hibee
21-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Hopefully he doesnt make an arse of his tactics and substitutions again then. Sorry Pat you were as much to blame for saturdays defeat and doesnt seem to take any responsibility for it.

silverhibee
21-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Section 43. :dunno: :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
21-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Section 43. :dunno: :greengrin

:grr::grr::fuming:Don't get me started on these noisy wee fecj=kers!!!!!!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Irishmen.

And what was the real reason we didn't sign Sheridan?

Lucius Apuleius
21-12-2012, 01:49 PM
And what was the real reason we didn't sign Sheridan?

Too tall. :agree:

Kaff
21-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Hopefully he doesnt make an arse of his tactics and substitutions again then. Sorry Pat you were as much to blame for saturdays defeat and doesnt seem to take any responsibility for it.

At the end of last season i thought Pat was a 'learner' manager with the step up from LOI. Shipping out the bad attitudes and bringing in a sound work ethic has brought about a quicker improvement than i thought possible but it does seem he will make mistakes along the way. For me the general improvement and attitude of the players/management means i'll be happy to let him learn and improve as a manager without too much criticism.

weecounty hibby
22-12-2012, 10:59 AM
At the end of last season i thought Pat was a 'learner' manager with the step up from LOI. Shipping out the bad attitudes and bringing in a sound work ethic has brought about a quicker improvement than i thought possible but it does seem he will make mistakes along the way. For me the general improvement and attitude of the players/management means i'll be happy to let him learn and improve as a manager without too much criticism.
:top markswe ain't ever going to get a Sir Alex or a Jose as our manager so when we get someone like PF we need to give him time. IMO we have improved as a team since he took over but more importantly as a club. ER is a far better place to be than it has been in probably 4 years.
He has changed the whole place for the better and I think that will be a continual upward trend with him in charge. Of course with a few blips thrown in just to make us realise that we are Hibs after all.

Famous5forever
22-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Good stuff from Pat.

Baws the results the day did us no favours Aberdeen are now above us we need the win tomorrow mon the Hibs :flag: