PDA

View Full Version : Yams Easter Road Roadworks

JohnStephens91
20-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Sorry I've not seen this posted anywhere else, but I just got linked to this by one of my Hearts supporting friends and I think this is ridiculous. Some goon has put '5-1 19/05/12' on the pavement in white stones outside a pub on Easter Road. Waste of tax payers money getting the mess sorted and for paying someone to do it in the first place.

Here is the link for anyone wanting to see it: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/51easterroad.jpg/

I hope the guy gets fined or suspended from work for pulling this stunt off, mainly to do with the amount of money wasted rather than the football banter side of things.

linlithgowhibbie
20-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Who's going down with a fork to gouge it out then!!!! I reckon its quite funny myself:pfgwa

JohnStephens91
20-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Who's going down with a fork to gouge it out then!!!! I reckon its quite funny myself:pfgwa

It would be funny football banter but for the monetary aspect of it I think it is unacceptable, the council are already wasting money on the trams

Mr White
20-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Reckon that'll be transco or Scottish gas networks responsibility to make right, think it was a gas related job so no taxpayers money involved I think, could be wrong though. I'm quite happy for the jambos to get their cheap kicks through stuff like this, can't see them getting too much if anything to cheer about on the pitch for the foreseeable.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Not going to get too worked up about it really.

Bit of stupid banter.

Www1875hfc
20-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Couldnae care less tae be honest, fair play tae the guy for using his imagination. :greengrin

Ship Hibs
20-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Fair play, good bit of banter....anyone got a giant For Sale sign by any chance?

Jack
20-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Just passed it 5 minutes ago and didn't see it. I'll have a look later on just to make sure.

That is The Coopers its beside and it does look as though its reopening soon.

FranckSuzy
20-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I think it's really healthy that they are doing that. Distraction therapy is a well-known technique, used to help people cope in especially stressful situations where they have no control over the outcome. :lolyam:

DC_Hibs
20-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Sorry I've not seen this posted anywhere else, but I just got linked to this by one of my Hearts supporting friends and I think this is ridiculous. Some goon has put '5-1 19/05/12' on the pavement in white stones outside a pub on Easter Road. Waste of tax payers money getting the mess sorted and for paying someone to do it in the first place.

Here is the link for anyone wanting to see it: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/51easterroad.jpg/

I hope the guy gets fined or suspended from work for pulling this stunt off, mainly to do with the amount of money wasted rather than the football banter side of things.

If it had been a dig at Hearts in Gorgie you'd have your (one direction style) Chinos roond yer ankles giving it laldy!

You're 21, lighten up man.

Ross4356
20-12-2012, 06:44 PM
It wont last long

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Looks like it's been chalked onto the tarmac, is it really white stones? It's banter, anyone seriously bothered by it needs help.

MSK
20-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Couldnt have been a yam tramp who done that ..they would have had to take time off from their cake baking !!

Mr White
20-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I thought it looked like the white chips that are sometimes set into tarmac. Probably won't take much to remove them

Wotherspiniesta
20-12-2012, 07:09 PM
God, who cares.

The guy's probably got a rager that he's got a thread on hibs.net dedicated to his crap imagination.

Writing things in stone isn't new or clever. It's what the cavemen did.

If the yambams want some proper baiting they should ask tips from our very own where'swallace?

Chibs
20-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I am so enragezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:na na:

offshorehibby
20-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Just passed it 5 minutes ago and didn't see it. I'll have a look later on just to make sure.

What's the rumors on the coopers Jack

PISTOL1875
20-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Lighten up mate . its just a bit of banter.. get yourself up the town and pull a wee bird , take her home and bash her back doors in. That'll take your mind off it.. Do not let anything these tramps do ruin your Xmas.. :aok::aok::aok::aok:

At The Edge
20-12-2012, 07:40 PM

probably did it with left over icing sugar from the cake bake, will have washed away in the rain! :greengrin

ronaldo7
20-12-2012, 07:44 PM
probably did it with left over icing sugar from the cake bake, will have washed away in the rain! :greengrin

:tee hee:

Mark79
20-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Not as good as the boys at a work night out at the asbestos arena gouging HFC across the pitch the day before a home game.

JohnStephens91
20-12-2012, 07:50 PM
If it had been a dig at Hearts in Gorgie you'd have your (one direction style) Chinos roond yer ankles giving it laldy!

You're 21, lighten up man.

I don't wear chinos I think they are disgusting and no I probably wouldn't have, I'd have found it slightly amusing, just like I find this. There was a bit of a misunderstanding about if it was wasting council money, but it appears it might be a company so no waste of money so it doesn't really bother me either way. I'm sure someone will get rid of it, either a Hibs fan or a workie.

Lighten up mate . its just a bit of banter.. get yourself up the town and pull a wee bird , take her home and bash her back doors in. That'll take your mind off it.. Do not let anything these tramps do ruin your Xmas.. :aok::aok::aok::aok:

Like I said it was a decent bit of banter but there was a bit of confusion over whether it was the council who had to pay for the guy to do it and then to fix it. The only way they can ruin my Christmas is if one gets into my house, my uncle is a blue nose and my stepdad a Celtic fan and my mum and sister both say Hibs is their team, so I'm having a maroon free Christmas at my house. Also everyone knows you never take a bird back to yours, always go to hers so you can leave when you want :wink:

JohnStephens91
20-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Looks like it's been chalked onto the tarmac, is it really white stones? It's banter, anyone seriously bothered by it needs help.

I direct you to my previous posts where I believed it was a waste of money if the council had to pay for his time to do this and then for someone to fix it. Someone said it was another organisation so it's all good, I also said it was good football banter, just like the Babestation girl one, but if it was wasting everyone's money to do it it would have been unacceptable. All is good though, I'm sure someone will correct it soon be they a Hibby or a workman :aok:

3pm
20-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Not as good as the boys at a work night out at the asbestos arena gouging HFC across the pitch the day before a home game.

It transpired that particular employer was not at fault!

hibs4thecup1988
20-12-2012, 08:36 PM
To be honest if we had beaten them even 1-0 on penalties in the final we would be doing everything to brag about it.

Let them have their day, another nail in the coffin today for them

PISTOL1875
20-12-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't wear chinos I think they are disgusting and no I probably wouldn't have, I'd have found it slightly amusing, just like I find this. There was a bit of a misunderstanding about if it was wasting council money, but it appears it might be a company so no waste of money so it doesn't really bother me either way. I'm sure someone will get rid of it, either a Hibs fan or a workie.

Like I said it was a decent bit of banter but there was a bit of confusion over whether it was the council who had to pay for the guy to do it and then to fix it. The only way they can ruin my Christmas is if one gets into my house, my uncle is a blue nose and my stepdad a Celtic fan and my mum and sister both say Hibs is their team, so I'm having a maroon free Christmas at my house. Also everyone knows you never take a bird back to yours, always go to hers so you can leave when you want :wink:

Good stuff mate.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greendub
20-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Haha fair play to them

Still doesn't hide the fact we beat them and they are ****ed

Haha

matty_f
20-12-2012, 08:57 PM
To be honest, that result has all but put them under. When the time comes I'll stick it on my driveway as well.

bighairyfaeleith
20-12-2012, 09:18 PM
To be honest, that result has all but put them under. When the time comes I'll stick it on my driveway as well.

exactly, quite happily get that result shaved in hair when they go under, least I can do given it has cost them there club, dignity and self respect!

Saorsa
20-12-2012, 09:20 PM
exactly, quite happily get that result shaved in hair when they go under, least I can do given it has cost them there club, dignity and self respect!well it's cost them their club anyway, they cannae lose what they never had :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
20-12-2012, 09:23 PM
well it's cost them their club anyway, they cannae lose what they never had :wink:

Good point well made:greengrin

Hibercelona
20-12-2012, 09:27 PM

I'll be doing the same thing when Tynecastle finally falls down.

"The place where the muppets used to gather".

JohnStephens91
20-12-2012, 09:34 PM
So we've hereby concluded that the only reason anyone was miffed about this was myself for non-footballing reasons. Looks like they failed to save their club and effectively rile us.

hibby rae
20-12-2012, 10:08 PM
It's already been done to them. A few months back 0-7, 6-2 and **** the hearts was sprayed across the pavements in Dalry!

down-the-slope
20-12-2012, 10:14 PM
The fools can't even get score correct...it was 1-5...oh how I wish it was 5-1 :rolleyes:.....

:greengrin

SaulGoodman
20-12-2012, 10:44 PM
The fools can't even get score correct...it was 1-5...oh how I wish it was 5-1 :rolleyes:.....

:greengrin

Was about to say its maybe a sign of things to come..

Then I remembered we've already pumped them out the cup.. :faf:

lyonhibs
20-12-2012, 10:53 PM
It's quite clearly white chalk or, at "worst", white chips. Plus, it looks pish. The dat looks like the boy scrawled it when he was pished oot his nut.

A bit of harmless banter. If - oh I pray for the day when they are - the roles were reversed, I'd be delighted with this type of behaviour.

Jack
21-12-2012, 12:35 PM
What's the rumours on the coopers Jack

It would seem the Coopers will be opening sometime today.

Someone told me late last night who it was and the other places they have or have had but none of it rang a bell so I promptly forgot! :rolleyes: I don’t suppose the 2 shandies I had helped either! :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
21-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Saddos