PDA

View Full Version : NHC champions league

CalgaryHibs
20-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Been interesting see who smelic get? My bet is Man U.

Vamos Barca!!

Pete
20-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Been interesting see who smelic get? My bet is Man U.

Vamos Barca!!

I would rather Celtic or Manchester United win it than Barcelona.

I can't believe the rise in the amount of Spaniards on this board in the last ten years...all from a certain region as well.

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Man Utd v Real Madrid
Celtic v Juventus

In the rehearsal draw

Pretty Boy
20-12-2012, 08:45 AM

I can't believe the rise in the amount of Spaniards on this board in the last ten years...all from a certain region as well.

Football fans appreciating arguably the best team ever to play the game.

Shocking.

Teo10
20-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Football fans appreciating arguably the best team ever to play the game.

Shocking.

Sickening:bitchy:

HH81
20-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Man U deserve the hard possible draw given they have had the two of the easiest groups in champions league history the past two seasons.

Madrid should do it.

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Man U deserve the hard possible draw given they have had the two of the easiest groups in champions league history the past two seasons.

Madrid should do it.

To be fair to them, their group this season could have been a bit easier...........................................C ity could've been in it!

Oh how I dream of CL participation :greengrin

Pete
20-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Madrid should do it.

I think you're being pretty ungrateful. They're one of the best club sides in England and you should appreciate them.
Sure, you might have nothing to do with Manchester and you might be reinforcing the idea that it is OK to care about football teams you have no connection with but they're just so supportable!

Apologies if you are a football connoisseur or if your half-brothers mates mum used to stay in Manchester.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
20-12-2012, 10:18 AM
To be fair to them, their group this season could have been a bit easier...........................................C ity could've been in it!

Oh how I dream of CL participation :greengrin

Dear Santa... :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Catalunya no es Espanya :wink:

IWasThere2016
20-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Madrid should do it.

REAL v ManUre (nae luck Fergie ya reeking auld soak!) :faf:

Mr White
20-12-2012, 11:01 AM
3 pretty tasty ties involving the remaining British clubs!

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2012, 11:02 AM
real v man u. Christ there will be some teriffic backtracking going on during those games.

PISTOL1875
20-12-2012, 11:07 AM
real v man u. Christ there will be some teriffic backtracking going on during those games.

Serves the *******s right.. Nae piss easy hand picked draws this time around for Ferguson.. Hope they get horsed..

IWasThere2016
20-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Serves the *******s right.. Nae piss easy hand picked draws this time around for Ferguson.. Hope they get horsed..

This :agree:

silverhibee
20-12-2012, 11:19 AM

Madrid should do it.

Be quiet HH.

EdinMike
20-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Is it just me or was the rehearsal not exactly the same as the actual draw ?!

If so who drew them cause there's a lottery to be won tomorrow and I need numbers !

hibs4thecup1988
20-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Can't believe the rubbish that some people come out with. What's with the hatred towards Ferguson? One of Scotland's best ever managers, if not THE best.

United will hammer them anyways. Real are mince

Lurks
20-12-2012, 11:24 AM

If so who drew them cause there's a lottery to be won tomorrow and I need numbers !

Indeed, the two draws were the same.

hibs4thecup1988
20-12-2012, 11:27 AM

:agree:

2,500/1 I believe were the odds the bookies where offering

Teo10
20-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Not a fan of these haha brilliant draws but with Juve being my Italian team (Sorry Renato:wink:) will want them to beat Celtic, but both dad and brother are big Milan fans but I really appreciate (no doubt saying im a Barca fan will upset the majority of you :greengrin) Barcelona would want them to win...

And I hope Real get pumped:agree:

and also would love Dortmund to win it this year, great team.

poolman
20-12-2012, 11:32 AM

Just not right :rolleyes:

Watching great football :rolleyes:

Should'nt be allowed :rolleyes:

poolman
20-12-2012, 11:34 AM

:dummytit:

PISTOL1875
20-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Can't believe the rubbish that some people come out with. What's with the hatred towards Ferguson? One of Scotland's best ever managers, if not THE best.

Where would you like us to start ? Typical h*n mentality , one rule for us and one rule for everybody else springs to mind for a kickoff..

EdinMike
20-12-2012, 11:50 AM
:agree:

2,500/1 I believe were the odds the bookies where offering

And so the Festive Period depression grows... Could you not have told me that yesterday ?! :wink:

Pete
20-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Just not right :rolleyes:

Watching great football :rolleyes:

Should'nt be allowed :rolleyes:

All those people who drive past their local team to watch good football in Glasgow totally agree.

hibsbollah
20-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Tough draws for the British teams, the Germans will be happy and i still fancy Bayern to win it.

poolman
20-12-2012, 12:15 PM
All those people who drive past their local team to watch good football in Glasgow totally agree.

Thankfully I'm not one of them

But watching Barca at the weekends live game on sky I'm definitely guilty, and Real M as well

LeighLoyal
20-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Had a feeling Celtic would get Juve. Pirlo is going to be the diff there, altho they have the second leg at Celtic Park so they'll know what they have to do. Tough draw for Man U and Arsenal.

frazeHFC
20-12-2012, 12:26 PM

It's not the fact people love Barca and want them to win in a glory hunting manor...it's more the fact they have been playing football (most of the players through youth ranks) a couple of levels above any team in the world in the last few years. I am glad my wee brother watches Barca games when they are on and comes up to me telling all of the good passing/skill he has seen, it's only going to help him learn.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Had a feeling Celtic would get Juve. Pirlo is going to be the diff there, altho they have the second leg at Celtic Park so they'll know what they have to do. Tough draw for Man U and Arsenal.

The first leg's at Parkhead.

All runners up from the group stages play the first leg at home.

Tough draw for United but I'm sure Sir Alex will relish the challenge. Having the second leg at Old Trafford could be key, just so long as they manage to keep it tight at the Bernabeu.

HH81
20-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Be quiet HH.

:thumbsup: great draw boss, hope your really happy with it. CR with a big winner at OT :wink:

renato
20-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Not a fan of these haha brilliant draws but with Juve being my Italian team (Sorry Renato:wink:) will want them to beat Celtic, but both dad and brother are big Milan fans but I really appreciate (no doubt saying im a Barca fan will upset the majority of you :greengrin) Barcelona would want them to win...

And I hope Real get pumped:agree:

and also would love Dortmund to win it this year, great team.

******g BOOOOOOOOOO!

;-)

Agree re Dortmund, 'mon the real Germans!

HiBremian
20-12-2012, 12:59 PM

this. Dortmund deserve it for me for their ace football, but especially after Klopp told Chelski to GTF in March :agree:

CalgaryHibs
20-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Well some interesting match up,

Ronaldo vs Sir Alex
Smelic vs Juve
Arsenal v Bayern
Milan vs Barca

Easy passage for Juve Barca and Bayern

Hibercelona
20-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I won't be happy with any of those teams winning it.

We'll win it next time when we qualify! :cb

Pretty Boy
20-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Who did the big team get?

Teo10
20-12-2012, 01:42 PM
******g BOOOOOOOOOO!

;-)

Agree re Dortmund, 'mon the real Germans!

Up to the house to watch that game then!

silverhibee
20-12-2012, 04:37 PM
:thumbsup: great draw boss, hope your really happy with it. CR with a big winner at OT :wink:

Delighted with it. :greengrin

Should be good mind games on the build up to this game from both managers. :agree::greengrin

hfc rd
20-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Personally I think the gooners have got the hardest tie out of the three British clubs. Bayern Munich have been absolutely rampant in the Bundesliga this season. This Bayern team have got so much quality of experience and youth throughout their side. Neuer, Lahm, Dante, Alaba, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Muller, Kroos, Shaqiri, Gomez, Mandzukic etc.

Hibernia&Alba
20-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm happy with the draw for United and think I will be heading doon to see family and blag a ticket. Madrid are nothing special from what I've seen of them this season, and United usually hit their best form from new year. Bayern Munich were the team to avoid, IMHO. It will be good to see Ronaldo again, and two of the biggest clubs in the world going toe to toe should be a great tie. It's what the Champions League should be; clubs with history and tradition meeting head on. The second leg being at Old Trafford could be key. Will Mourinho still be in charge by February? There should be plenty of goals in this one, I can't wait.

Barcelona will leather Galatasaray and I think Bayern will make easy work of Arsenal. Celtic V Juventus is another good tie.

Hibernia&Alba
20-12-2012, 10:46 PM

Not only Scotland's greatest, but British football's greatest by miles. As many league titles in England as Shankly, Paisley and Clough combined, and what about his Aberdeen destruction of the Old Firm before that? A true genius.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Who did the big team get?

Man City I think.

No?

Oh well maybe that was the Europa League draw I saw.

Oops, maybe not! :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Man City I think.

No?

Oh well maybe that was the Europa League draw I saw.

Oops, maybe not! :greengrin

Both City and Chelsea won a Sky sports subscription in the draw so they can watch genuinely big clubs slug it out.

bubblesmorrison
21-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Where would you like us to start ? Typical h*n mentality , one rule for us and one rule for everybody else springs to mind for a kickoff..

know you just sound like a jambo

Haymaker
21-12-2012, 02:52 AM

Broken record more like.

Pete
21-12-2012, 05:56 AM

The only people who sound like jambos are the usual Manchester united fans who, if they're being honest, support them because they win games.

Bragging about size and tradition is not really the Hibernian way. I wonder if they choose Manchester united to allow them some sense of superiority and an outlet that hibs will never give them.

yeezus.
21-12-2012, 02:28 PM
The only people who sound like jambos are the usual Manchester united fans who, if they're being honest, support them because they win games.

Bragging about size and tradition is not really the Hibernian way. I wonder if they choose Manchester united to allow them some sense of superiority and an outlet that hibs will never give them.

:agree: I don't like the need some Scottish football supporters have to support an English team as well. The most common response is "Oh my mum's from Manchester".

1 team - Hibernian FC.

green glory
21-12-2012, 02:51 PM
:agree: I don't like the need some Scottish football supporters have to support an English team as well. The most common response is "Oh my mum's from Manchester".

1 team - Hibernian FC.

Correct. The English game's got enough money without Scots contributing to the impoverishment of their own country's game by throwing money south of the border. **** Sky and the BBC and support your local team.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 06:03 PM

And those who hate Manchester United despite having no connection at all with Manchester, will, if their honest, be big enough to say that envy and bitterness eat away at them. There exists a very unpleasant chip on the shoulder amongst millions in the U.K. An inferiority complex that manifests itself in anitpathy. I remember Martin Tyler commentary in a United v Chelsea game at Old Trafford two seasons ago - "A great game for the neutrals, though very few are neutrals where Manchester United are concerned, which reflects the British mentality: You can be good but not too good".

Since90+2
22-12-2012, 06:23 PM
All three British clubs will go out. Mourinho has Ferguson's number and Bayern will hammer Arsenal.

Celtic will actually benefit from being at home first as they will still be in the tie come the second leg but Juve will be too strong for them.

sambajustice
22-12-2012, 06:34 PM

This.

Summed up perfectly with your last sentence. Another team in another country, its ridiculous people come on here and pretend to be "die hards"

You can only support one team, its not possible to have the same intense feelings for more than one team, you can follow others but you can't be a die hard fan. Its pathetic really.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 06:40 PM
This.

Summed up perfectly with your last sentence. Another team in another country, its ridiculous people come on here and pretend to be "die hards"

You can only support one team, its not possible to have the same intense feelings for more than one team, you can follow others but you can't be a die hard fan. Its pathetic really.

Who pretends be die hards for any other team? HFC Red is a season ticket holder and attends every home game at United. Many of us have a leaning to other teams in other countries for various reasons, it's no big deal and it certainly isn't pathetic. you could argue that any adult who takes a game so seriously is pathetic, yet we do. Football fans and sports fans across the world are like that.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2012, 07:50 PM
This.

I don't think anyone on here is a diehard fan of any team other than Hibs.

There are people who occasionally attend games in England and other countries and they like the teams that they go to see but that doesn't make you a passionate, diehard supporter.

I like Manchester Utd, I like to see them win and I like to see them win cups and league titles but if they don't win or they lose a big match then I really couldn't care less and I'm over it immediately.

It's nothing compared with the way I feel about Hibs.

Put it this way, when Manchester City won 6-1 at Old Trafford last year, I had almost no reaction to that scoreline at all, it didn't affect me in any way.

Our loss in the Scottish Cup final took me days to fully recover from.

joe breezy
22-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Wrong there are quite a few Hibs lads like Man United due to connections / friendships with Man U lads

Nothing to do with success whatsoever - in fact I'd say we're a bit uncomfortable with that part

I'm used to supporting the underdog :)

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 10:10 PM

Serious question ? You are a Liverpool supporter going by your previous posts. When did you start supporting them as your English team ?
Was it in the pre-Fergie era when Liverpool were the dominant team in England ? You know when they had won 3/4 European cups and 19 English First Division Championships ?

Yet, these people are the first to accuse fellow Hibs fans who choose to support Man Utd as their English team to follow as being 'Gloryhunters' - you do know that for the VAST majority of Manchester United'd long history that they were not that successful ? Edinburgh has far more Liverpool supporters than Man Utd IMHO who jumped on the 1970/1980's bandwagon of supporting a successful English team.

Was it not alright to support a team that had Best, Law and Charlton ? Managed by Scotsmen Sir Matt Busby and Tommy Docherty in that period ?

They won the European Cup in 1968 to become the first English team to succeed in that tournament - YET were relegated barely 6 years later to the 2nd Division [ ironically due to a goal scored by The Lawman ]. So they were NOT that successful in that period

So for some of us old ones, it is a bit rich that some people on here chastising Hibs fans for supporting Man Utd for their 'recent dominance' in English football. Would the same level of vitriol been directed towards Hibs fans who decided to support the 'all conquering' Liverpool team of that era ?

Never mind the 'recent' rise in the Chelski and Citeh support !

Don't even go there abot the Hibs fans who claim to support some Spanish teams - NOW THAT IS WHAT TRUE GLORYHUNTERS ARE ABOUT !!!!!!

hfc rd
22-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Serious question ? You are a Liverpool supporter going by your previous posts. When did you start supporting them as your English team ?
Was it in the pre-Fergie era when Liverpool were the dominant team in England ? You know when they had won 3/4 European cups and 19 English First Division Championships ?

Yet, these people are the first to accuse fellow Hibs fans who choose to support Man Utd as their English team to follow as being 'Gloryhunters' - you do know that for the VAST majority of Manchester United'd long history that they were not that successful ? Edinburgh has far more Liverpool supporters than Man Utd IMHO who jumped on the 1970/1980's bandwagon of supporting a successful English team.

Was it not alright to support a team that had Best, Law and Charlton ? Managed by Scotsmen Sir Matt Busby and Tommy Docherty in that period ?

They won the European Cup in 1968 to become the first English team to succeed in that tournament - YET were relegated barely 6 years later to the 2nd Division [ ironically due to a goal scored by The Lawman ]. So they were NOT that successful in that period

So for some of us old ones, it is a bit rich that some people on here chastising Hibs fans for supporting Man Utd for their 'recent dominance' in English football. Would the same level of vitriol been directed towards Hibs fans who decided to support the 'all conquering' Liverpool team of that era ?

Never mind the 'recent' rise in the Chelski and Citeh support !

Don't even go there abot the Hibs fans who claim to support some Spanish teams - NOW THAT IS WHAT TRUE GLORYHUNTERS ARE ABOUT !!!!!!

Couldn't have put it any better.

HH81
22-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Too many glory hunters on this thread.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Citeh fans intoxicated by oil money. They didn't have have the highest average attendance in the U.K in the second division, unlike United in 1974-75. Some clubs are always huge, most come in and out of fashion.

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 10:38 PM

You would know seeing as your first game watching Hibs was a Cup Final - and your obvious life-long support of all things Citeh

:wink:

HH81
22-12-2012, 10:45 PM
You would know seeing as your first game watching Hibs was a Cup Final - and your obvious life-long support of all things Citeh

:wink:

So I'm a glory hunter too?

HH81
22-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Citeh fans intoxicated by oil money. They didn't have have the highest average attendance in the U.K in the second division, unlike United in 1974-75. Some clubs are always huge, most come in and out of fashion.

What you going on about?

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 10:56 PM
What you going on about?

Gloryhunting. I doubt any other club in the English second division would attract the biggest crowds in the U.K, and what about 1967-93 when United didn't win the league but were the best supported team in the country. Were they gloryhunters?

Now they're the richest club in the world, just watch the Citeh shirts pop up everywhere.

hfc rd
22-12-2012, 10:59 PM

Did you support citeh before they got the mega money takeover in 08 and started splashing the cash on the players they have now?

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 10:59 PM

No more than any Hibs supporter who has chosen to follow a particular English team which you seem to have developed an unhealthy hatred of.

No wonder poor Halifax Town went bust when even their own supporters would rather spend their time online 'bigging up' some Lancashire team who have found vastly rich backers.

BTW how is FC Halifax doing ? How many of your home town team games you managed to get along to support them in ?

:na na:

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Gloryhunting. I doubt any other club in the English second division would attract the biggest crowds in the U.K, and what about 1967-93 when United didn't win the league but were the best supported team in the country. Were they gloryhunters?

Now they're the richest club in the world, just watch the Citeh shirts pop up everywhere.

So you starting been a follower due to them having the most fans?

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 11:04 PM
No more than any Hibs supporter who has chosen to follow a particular English team which you seem to have developed an unhealthy hatred of.

No wonder poor Halifax Town went bust when even their own supporters would rather spend their time online 'bigging up' some Lancashire team who have found vastly rich backers.

BTW how is FC Halifax doing ? How many of your home town team games you managed to get along to support them in ?

What, somebody not supporting their local team? It's an outrage. Bloody gloryhunters!!

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:06 PM

4 games so far this season, 2 were away games.

Might go boxing day after the rugby if its on. Struggling with the pitch and can't get games on.

Halifax town deserved to go bust, no complaints there.

I hope your not suggesting I follow man city too?

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Did you support citeh before they got the mega money takeover in 08 and started splashing the cash on the players they have now?

I have never supported city, been to watch them couple of times when they were crap and I got free ticket at Bradford if that counts? Might have watched them on a freebie at huddersfield once too.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 11:11 PM
So you starting been a follower due to them having the most fans?

No, becaue I'm half English and my mother's side of the family are in Salford, near Hope Hospital, and are walking distance from Old Trafford. I've been many times and the locals there are not gloryhunters from far flung places. Working class people supporting their local team.

Go on Google mpas and type in Buile Hill Park, Salford. That's where my mum grew up. Less than 2 miles from Old Trafford.

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:12 PM
What, somebody not supporting their local team? It's an outrage. Bloody gloryhunters!!

Without doubt 3 or 4 on this thread....

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:14 PM
No, becaue I'm half English and my mother's side of the family are in Salford, near Hope Hospital, and are walking distance from Old Trafford. I've been many times and the locals there are not gloryhunters from far flung places. Working class people supporting their local team.

So what's your thoughts on the 100s of buses from Plymouth, Dover, Glasgow and Edinburgh.... are they all good honest fans too?

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 11:15 PM
4 games so far this season, 2 were away games.

Might go boxing day after the rugby if its on. Struggling with the pitch and can't get games on.

Halifax town deserved to go bust, no complaints there.

I hope your not suggesting I follow man city too?

Can only judge you on your posts on here - the vast majority are in support of Citeh so it points to that yes.

Are you saying that you don't support Citeh but are just either being a twat or a WUM ?

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 11:16 PM
So what's your thoughts on the 100s of buses from Plymouth, Dover, Glasgow and Edinburgh.... are they all good honest fans too?

Not my place to judge anybody. Some clubs will always be bigger than others, that's life.

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Can only judge you on your posts on here - the vast majority are in support of Citeh so it points to that yes.

Are you saying that you don't support Citeh but are just either being a twat or a WUM ?

So anyone that doesn't post positive man u posts are a twat?

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Without doubt 3 or 4 on this thread....

This is a Hibs fans website - how do you know if the people that you are going on about here are not ST Holders for their local team [ wee clue HFC ] ?

:rolleyes:

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Not my place to judge anybody. Some clubs will alwyas be be bigger than others, that's life.

Did you not fancy Salford Fc? Nice little set up there.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Did you not fancy Salford Fc? Nice little set up there.

Aye, same as I follow Leith FC.

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:22 PM
This is a Hibs fans website - how do you know if the people that you are going on about here are not ST Holders for their local team [ wee clue HFC ] ?

:rolleyes:

No one is questioning their commitment to Hibs.

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 11:30 PM
So anyone that doesn't post positive man u posts are a twat?

People can make up their own minds as to which Engish team that they wish to support regardless of how you feel - it is not your right to decide which team they have chosen to support.
I am merely pointing out that if someone has chosen to support/follow Manchester United as their English Team that it has **** all to do with you :wink:

Yet your posts on virtually every match day thread you choose to espouse hatred towards your fellow Hibs supporters purely because of their choice of English team.

That in my book suggests that you are either on the wind up OR just being a twat due to your own failings.

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:38 PM
People can make up their own minds as to which Engish team that they wish to support regardless of how you feel - it is not your right to decide which team they have chosen to support.
I am merely pointing out that if someone has chosen to support/follow Manchester United as their English Team that it has **** all to do with you :wink:

Yet your posts on virtually every match day thread you choose to espouse hatred towards your fellow Hibs supporters purely because of their choice of English team.

That in my book suggests that you are either on the wind up OR just being a twat due to your own failings.

I can't see your bullying tactics working.

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2012, 11:42 PM

He makes a valid point. We all have teams we don't like, that's football, but your obsessional hatred of everything Manchester United borders on the pathological for someone with no connection to the club or city.

Tynie01011973
22-12-2012, 11:46 PM

What bullying tactics would that be ? Show me any where where any one has 'bullied' you ?

Or do you think everyone should just stand back and let you bad mouth anyone who happens to have chosen to follow a team that you seem to have an unhealthy hatred of ?

I won't hold my breath

HH81
22-12-2012, 11:46 PM
He makes a valid point. We all have teams we don't like, that's football, but your obsessional hatred of everything Manchester United borders on the pathological for someone with no connection to the club or city.

Its a good job you have never been to Leeds you would be locking most people up :-)

hfc rd
22-12-2012, 11:47 PM

Yep that's true. I can't see Tynie's bullying tactics working. That's because he ain't bullying you. He is making a valid point. It's a free world and people can choose to support which club they want. The same way I chose to adopt Hibernian FC as my Scottish club when I moved to Edinburgh 12 years ago.

lapsedhibee
23-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Yep that's true. I can't see Tynie's bullying tactics working. That's because he ain't bullying you. He is making a valid point. It's a free world and people can choose to support which club they want. The same way I chose to adopt Hibernian FC as my Scottish club when I moved to Edinburgh 12 years ago.

Shirley the way that peeps typically attach themselves to Manchester U etc is the exact opposite of you adopting your local team? :confused:

hfc rd
23-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Shirley the way that peeps typically attach themselves to Manchester U etc is the exact opposite of you adopting your local team? :confused:

Hibs weren't my local team. I was born in Manchester and my whole family through generations have been united fans and I was raised to support them. I moved to Edinburgh when I was eight and from there I chose to follow hibs as I stayed in Leith and my friends got me hooked with the cabbage when they took me to ER.

Pete
23-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Couldn't have put it any better.

If you wrote something that didn't assume that I was a Liverpool supporter then that would have been a massive improvement...and more accurate.

lord bunberry
23-12-2012, 09:19 AM
After reading this thread im glad i don't support an english team its a minefield