PDA

View Full Version : Has he no shame? (Levein sues SFA)

Hibbyradge
19-12-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20783529

AlbertK86
19-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Read a great tweet from Tom English earlier saying its the first time ever he's gone on the attack !!!

Quality !!!

Hibernia Na Eir
19-12-2012, 09:05 PM
arrogant fud he is.

thebakerboy
19-12-2012, 09:20 PM
The SFA offer to honour his contract and pay him for 20 months and he refuses and then resigns and refuses an offer of arbitration and then sues . He is a real a$%£%^$" . All he wants to do now is cause trouble. Short sighted in my opinion if he ever wants to work again. His only chance will be as a pundit . HOPE THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN.

Mr White
19-12-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't understand what he feels he's due if the sfa offered to pay out the last 20 months of his contract. They should be suing him for masquerading as a manager for 3 years.

hfc rd
19-12-2012, 09:50 PM
His fault that our national team is in a shambolic mess. Out of the World Cup after only 4 games picking up 2 points out of a possible 12 and sitting in 72nd in the world rankings. Sums up the sort of fud Levein is and always will be.

neilmartinrocks
19-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't understand what he feels he's due if the sfa offered to pay out the last 20 months of his contract. They should be suing him for masquerading as a manager for 3 years.

Maybe the sfa should counter-sue for breach of contract seeing as he walked?

SurferRosa
19-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Maybe the sfa should counter-sue for breach of contract seeing as he walked?

Unfortunately,the SFA are spineless cowards who are more likely to pay the useless **** his money or at least come to some 'agreement', so they can avoid any hassle.

fat freddy
19-12-2012, 10:19 PM
is it not the case that if he gets another job the s.f.a. are allowed to stop the monthly payment of his wages?...i think he wants his entire contract paid in one installment so he doesn't have to sit twiddling his thumbs for the next few years picking up a wage he feels he cant walk away from....in a way he has a point...the s.f.a. sacked him so they should honour the contract that he was on...this is how managers are usually dealt with when sacked mid contract.

still a weasel though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Apparently, it has got something to do with the original terms and conditions. He is claiming that he was never told that the F, in SFA stood for football, and that is the reason why he never delivered any.

Paying out the rest of his contract on the back of a lamentable performance both on and off the pitch is a honourable offer. It will certainly mean that it will be cheaper for Romanov to re-hire him for next season than he first thought it was.

chorley_fm
19-12-2012, 10:23 PM
out of his depth the minute he took the job

hope he gets what he deserves, the square root of f### all

MoscowHibs
19-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Man's an @rse, simples.

Harpandcastle
19-12-2012, 10:39 PM
is it not the case that if he gets another job the s.f.a. are allowed to stop the monthly payment of his wages?...i think he wants his entire contract paid in one installment so he doesn't have to sit twiddling his thumbs for the next few years picking up a wage he feels he cant walk away from....in a way he has a point...the s.f.a. sacked him so they should honour the contract that he was on...this is how managers are usually dealt with when sacked mid contract.

still a weasel though.

There seems to be more of these gardening leave type arrangements these days in football and I'm all for it. Normally when a manager gets his jotters it's because his team has been under performing. In the past these guys got paid out then more often than not ended up back in employment on a wage they would not be getting had they succeeded in their previous job. Now they are relieved of their duties but continue to receive their salaries, if another job offer comes along then they would have to negotiate with the previous employer. Seems fair enough to me.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2012, 10:44 PM
I wish I could make an arrangement with an employer that says if I get dismissed for incompetence I will continued to get paid for a period of almost 2 years!

Scouse Hibee
19-12-2012, 11:01 PM
His legal team is made up of clerks, trainees and deputies, apparently he sees no reason to have anyone up front leading the attack against the SFA.

Purple & Green
19-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I love how he resigned after being sacked. That reminds me of the time when I decided to leave a pub, after I'd already been thrown out.

What's the real issue here? Is it to do with being paid by the SFA precludes him from taking another job - didn't the same thing happen when Mowbray was binned by Celtic? I'm sure that Levein and the SFA could come to an arrangement to pay half the money due up front instead of all the money - I don't understand why it has to make the media...I can only think one side leaked that.

stoneyburn hibs
19-12-2012, 11:07 PM
His legal team is made up of clerks, trainees and deputies, apparently he sees no reason to have anyone up front leading the attack against the SFA.
:greengrin

cocteautwin
20-12-2012, 03:12 AM
I love how he resigned after being sacked. That reminds me of the time when I decided to leave a pub, after I'd already been thrown out.

It's like telling my girlfriend I don't want to go out with her, a week after she's dumped me.

Pete
20-12-2012, 03:36 AM
It sounds like the SFA have no shame to me.

He was sacked and an agreement was made to pay a certain amount of money...but evidence has now been found to suggest that he resigned and didn't agree therefore forfeiting this pay off?

Aye right! It sounds like the blazers trying to penny-pinch.

I don't really care for Craig's style of football but I know he is a football man and is honest as the day is long. He wouldn't walk away from a poisoned chalice like that without a guaranteed pay-off. It's a footballing graveyard after that job!

If anyone trusts anything that the SFA say or believe they have any integrity after all the "presenting" for Sevco then they are idiots.

marinello59
20-12-2012, 04:53 AM

He was sacked and an agreement was made to pay a certain amount of money...but evidence has now been found to suggest that he resigned and didn't agree therefore forfeiting this pay off?

I don't really care for Craig's style of football but I know he is a football man and is honest as the day is long. He wouldn't walk away from a poisoned chalice like that without a guaranteed pay-off. It's a footballing graveyard after that job!

If anyone trusts anything that the SFA say or believe they have any integrity after all the "presenting" for Sevco then they are idiots.
:agree:

Jack Hackett
20-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Hertz class

Gala Foxes
20-12-2012, 06:40 AM
The arrogance of Levein is unbelievable - worst Scotland record ever yet he still thinks he is hard done by.

Still beggars belief that the SFA appointed him then stood by him in the first place & his "team" of Peter Houston & Kenny Black (football legends!)

No doubt he will end up working at Tynecastle or Tannadice again.

givescotlandfreedom
20-12-2012, 07:14 AM
The good news is the bigger the pest of himself he makes here the less likely we are to have to see his stupid Jambo face in a dugout again.

poolman
20-12-2012, 11:29 AM

A fine example of oxymoronship :agree:

Hibercelona
20-12-2012, 01:19 PM
He's a Hearts ****.

Of course he has no shame.

clerriehibs
20-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Unbelievable that anyone's defence of levein is that he's better than the sfa.

The man is a male appendage. He has always been a male appenday. He's a lying, violent, dishonest, manipulative male appendage.

Bill Milne
21-12-2012, 09:27 AM
My understanding is that he wasn't sacked. He was "relieved of his duties" but was still employed by the SFA to be used in whatever way the SFA saw fit. This meant he would continue to receive his full pay on a monthly basis until his contract expired. He has cancelled this arrangement by resigning and now, I imagine, is suing for constructive dismissal, hoping to be awarded his wages in full and freeing him up to look for another job.