PDA

View Full Version : Martin Scott

Mark79
19-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Is he getting a game at ross county? Wonder if they might takehim off our hands in january and free up some wages.

Add kujabi, kuqi and sproule to the list and we could save a few grand a week.

hfc rd
19-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Is he getting a game at ross county? Wonder if they might takehim off our hands in january and free up some wages.

I think he's injured at the moment.

Tonez
19-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Sure he had an opperation on ankle and is now on way back to building up fitness.

3pm
19-12-2012, 09:49 PM
I think he's injured at the moment.

Getting a facelift.

hungryhibs
19-12-2012, 11:43 PM
A liked the look of him when he was at county and when he come to hibs he give a 100% we just had a very bad team but he would not get a look in the midfield but could be good squad player sub bench etc

frazeHFC
20-12-2012, 12:05 AM
BBC gossip mentions Ross County will try and sign Sproule, i'd rather he went down South again but if we can free up space for better arrivals or keeping loanees i would be fairly happy.

muzzhfc
20-12-2012, 12:09 AM
BBC gossip mentions Ross County will try and sign Sproule, i'd rather he went down South again but if we can free up space for better arrivals or keeping loanees i would be fairly happy.

i dont think we should lose players like Sproule just to keep a loan player (even Griffiths), its important to have squad players like Sproule as we need strength in numbers as well as a strong team.

frazeHFC
20-12-2012, 12:11 AM
i dont think we should lose players like Sproule just to keep a loan player (even Griffiths), its important to have squad players like Sproule as we need strength in numbers as well as a strong team.

Sproule isn't good enough imo, i would bite someones hand off to lose Sproule but keep Griffiths for another few months.

muzzhfc
20-12-2012, 12:58 AM
The only players I think should go and use the money on the loanee's are; Galbraith, Kujabi, Scott (fully away, not just loan). Then look at moving Kuqi on and bring in players in on his wages. Similar with Sproule. And maybe Maybury

neilmartinrocks
20-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Cant believe im saying this but i would keep maybury at least till end of season.

Iceman1875
20-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Lose Kujabi, Galbraith and Scott. I'd keep Kuqi and Ivan for their experience. Hopefully sign the three loanees and a winger, ideally McCourt.

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Lose Kujabi, Galbraith and Scott. I'd keep Kuqi and Ivan for their experience. Hopefully sign the three loanees and a winger, ideally McCourt.

Would much rather replace him with a striker that could make an impact, experienced or not.

Bob1875
20-12-2012, 01:25 PM

You can have all the experience in the world but when your times up as a football player, your times up. No offence to the guy but he's finished. He has nothing to offer technically, he's slow and has a first touch like a brick wall. The guys had a good career, but I would hate to think he's on a good wage here.

Saorsa
20-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Lose Kujabi, Galbraith and Scott. I'd keep Kuqi and Ivan for their experience. Hopefully sign the three loanees and a winger, ideally McCourt.Sorry but he's a complete waste of a jersey and a wage. When he's appeared in the 1st team he's been little short of embarrassing. I watched him play a full match for the U20's and he couldnae even hold his own in that, beaten and brushed aside by laddies and when he lost the ball made absolutely nae effort tae win it back. One Pat's few mistakes but the sooner he (Kuqi) is away the better.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Scott should have been sacked for gross misconduct over the punch up incident. Not sure that too many people would have disagreed with that.Shame he didn't double up as the tannoy announcer as well, cos then it would have been clear cut.

yeezus.
20-12-2012, 02:49 PM

:agree: I don't see much of a future for Kujabi - I think Pat has tried with him as much as he could.

SMAXXA
20-12-2012, 04:27 PM
:agree: I don't see much of a future for Kujabi - I think Pat has tried with him as much as he could.

Pat seems very ruthless to be fair, never have I known of a player being frozen out as much as Pa. Feel a bit sorry for him as everyones entitled to try make amends for their poor performances, however it maybe happened too often when he was given chances.

I know from a County player that Pat has told Jimmy that he rates him as a player and likes him as that but apparently he can't deal with him as a person. Would make sense giving Pat looking to change the culture of the club and his punching incident won't have helped him much.

I liked him and would still like to see him hear, good option on the bench.

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Sorry but he's a complete waste of a jersey and a wage. When he's appeared in the 1st team he's been little short of embarrassing. I watched him play a full match for the U20's and he couldnae even hold his own in that, beaten and brushed aside by laddies and when he lost the ball made absolutely nae effort tae win it back. One Pat's few mistakes but the sooner he (Kuqi) is away the better.

Thought Kujabi was fairly poor for us, and was daft to pick up second booking in Final....He played in QOTS cup tie in August, and I thought he was absolutely woeful....Glad that he is nowhere near our first team.....

Saorsa
20-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Thought Kujabi was fairly poor for us, and was daft to pick up second booking in Final....He played in QOTS cup tie in August, and I thought he was absolutely woeful....Glad that he is nowhere near our first team.....I agree, that's why I said few mistakes and not only mistake :wink: :greengrin He's defo another that needs moved on.

yeezus.
20-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Pat seems very ruthless to be fair, never have I known of a player being frozen out as much as Pa. Feel a bit sorry for him as everyones entitled to try make amends for their poor performances, however it maybe happened too often when he was given chances.

I know from a County player that Pat has told Jimmy that he rates him as a player and likes him as that but apparently he can't deal with him as a person. Would make sense giving Pat looking to change the culture of the club and his punching incident won't have helped him much.

I liked him and would still like to see him hear, good option on the bench.

Did he start or come on against Queen of the South in the League Cup? I didn't manage to make that game.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Did he start or come on against Queen of the South in the League Cup? I didn't manage to make that game.

Started and was hooked at ht, when Maybury was brought on. More than Kujabi played poorly that night

SMAXXA
20-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Started and was hooked at ht, when Maybury was brought on. More than Kujabi played poorly that night

Its actually a really good point, how many players do we dismiss that have played in a pishpoor team? I acknowledge that regardless of the team what you do as an individual should still stand out, which if I'm honest Hanlon gets away with more than any other player IMO. If your that good you stand out in a poor team, its a test of character and mentality which will be the making if the player, again IMO.

Let's say bring Kujabi back in at left back and see what he does, not a half assed trip to palmerston on a minging night after being frozen out a while. We are harsh to judge IMO and I accept PF will always do the best for us as a club, just feels a bit rubbish for the guy to be chastised on the cup final and the league cup game.