PDA

View Full Version : On this day in 1999.....

Hibs History
19-12-2012, 08:39 AM
The Millennium Derby

Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX5kMOgCmk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeX5kMOgCmk

Fantastic Night

HibbyRod
19-12-2012, 09:11 AM
AAAAAHHHH ....... Happy memories! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
19-12-2012, 09:35 AM
What was great about that night is walking to the ground we just knew we were going to win. Don't know why but every single person on the way in was brimming with confidence.

That was a decent Hearts team as well, think they qualified for Europe that year but we tore them apart.

Best moment of the night was at half time the Sky half time highlights were showing in the concourse and they showed Francks goal about 8 times in a row, every single time it hit the net about 1000 Hibbies went mental.

JeMeSouviens
19-12-2012, 09:56 AM
What was great about that night is walking to the ground we just knew we were going to win. Don't know why but every single person on the way in was brimming with confidence.

That was a decent Hearts team as well, think they qualified for Europe that year but we tore them apart.

Best moment of the night was at half time the Sky half time highlights were showing in the concourse and they showed Francks goal about 8 times in a row, every single time it hit the net about 1000 Hibbies went mental.

Speak for yourself. :confused:

There was about a 15 minute spell in the second half when wee Russell ran them absolutely ragged but didn't score. One came off Niemi's heel and trickled wide, an outrageous chip shaved the post, brilliant stuff. A definite sign of the 6-2 to come. :wink:

That game, Sauzee's teeth and the 6-2 all within a year. Great times. :flag:

Godsahibby
19-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Still my favorite game as a Hibee! :flag::flag::flag:

Wembley67
19-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Possibly the coldest but warmest night in the world ever!

Thecat23
19-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Mixed memories of that day. Loved the win and the game itself was great. As for the fans behind us they were a disgrace to Hibs. Smashed up seats and launched them down the front and they were hitting us and an old boy took a soar one. When confronting a few of them we were told to "get *****ing lost" I've never wanted to smash someone so much in my life and was told by a police officer to "Just leave it as it's not worth the hassle". Never been back since.

But again as for the game itself, we hammered them that night and should have been more.

FranckSuzy
19-12-2012, 11:03 AM
'Hibs fans delirious, the home fans despondent'. Superb :top marks

Tom Hart RIP
19-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I had cancer at the time and on the day before the game I had a blood clot on the leg. Went to hopeless GP who told me to lie with leg raised which is the worst thing you can do apparently. Instead of going to hospital, I went to game and had to sit sideways and couldn't straighten leg.
I got taxi to western following morning and was hep in for a week and immediately pit on drip. Consultant not impressed with my stupidity but looking back it was worth it.