PDA

View Full Version : Shefki Kuqi

spike220
19-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Has Kuqi been given a chance to prove himself?

I have only seen him for 5-10 minutes, but never for any longer than this. I know he might be punted and I dont want to be left wandering if he could have done a job for us.

GGTTH

edinburghhibee
19-12-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure he has been given a chance, but I also don't believe that he has merited a starting position either. I was down at QOS and he was shocking! No movement, no strength, no direction, no point being on the park.

Since that game I've seen him for possibly 10-15 minutes tops and he had done nothing to change my mind... Roll on Tynie when he finally arrives on the scene to get a hat trick against the filth!!!

Hibercelona
19-12-2012, 02:09 AM

I have only seen him for 5-10 minutes, but never for any longer than this. I know he might be punted and I dont want to be left wandering if he could have done a job for us.

GGTTH

Players have plenty of time to impress on the training field. If they fail to do so, then they shouldn't be anywhere near the main squad.

Gala Foxes
19-12-2012, 06:41 AM
Saturday was an acid test for how much Fenlon rates Kuqi. After his bizarre substitutions the game was
crying out for a striker that can hold up the ball, he instead plays 2 youngsters & a midfielder returning from injury. If he is not going to play Kuqi for a last 20 minutes like that what is the point in having him on the payroll ?

Would assume he is at the top end of our salary range given his experience

I was at Palmerston and have to agree he was miles off the pace

Given the modest match-time he has had you have to question why he is being retained

3pm
19-12-2012, 07:01 AM
I'd be surprised if we don't ask him to move on. He might not fancy it though.

offshorehibby
19-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Saturday was an acid test for how much Fenlon rates Kuqi. After his bizarre substitutions the game was
crying out for a striker that can hold up the ball, he instead plays 2 youngsters & a midfielder returning from injury. If he is not going to play Kuqi for a last 20 minutes like that what is the point in having him on the payroll ?

Would assume he is at the top end of our salary range given his experience

I was at Palmerston and have to agree he was miles off the pace

Given the modest match-time he has had you have to question why he is being retained

I would be surprised if he was anywhere near the top end of the pay scale. If he was he'd be getting played a lot more.

Steve20
19-12-2012, 07:59 AM
When he has came on, it's not been for long. He has been unfairly judged so far by alot of people.

Craig_in_Prague
19-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Seemingly he has been impressive in training. Heard he was beat in a sprint by one of the wee training cones. Very impressive if you ask me.
In all seriousness, he stands with a light and makes a cracking floodlight in these darker winter days.

LancsHibs
19-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Seemingly he has been impressive in training. Heard he was beat in a sprint by one of the wee training cones. Very impressive if you ask me.
In all seriousness, he stands with a light and makes a cracking floodlight in these darker winter days.

Was he only given a contract until January? If he was given a season long contract then we will have him until then

Speedy
19-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I would be surprised if he was anywhere near the top end of the pay scale. If he was he'd be getting played a lot more.

If that's how it works then we have serious problems.

spike220
19-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Perhaps we could try

Clancy McPake McGivern Maybury

Claros Deegan Cairney

Doyle Kuqi Griffiths

Subs:
Wortherspoon
Caldwell
Handling
Hanlon

Hibbyradge
19-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Have you seen him warming up?

He proves himself perfectly well.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-12-2012, 10:56 AM
I thought that he did ok when he came on against Ross County. IIRC the County manager was sharp enough to pick that up and hooked Gary Glenn who had no long come on, and brought on a big hudddie to play right up against him. I have to say that he looks way off the pace needed for the SPL and it would have been more value to us if he had been away on loan until January and then came back leaner and sharper to cover for the possibility of Griffiths leaving.
If you think back to Jonaton Johannson, he was another player who came with a decent history and reputation and was given first team football to get himself up to speed and that was nothing short of a disaster.

yeezus.
19-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure he has been given a chance, but I also don't believe that he has merited a starting position either. I was down at QOS and he was shocking! No movement, no strength, no direction, no point being on the park.

Since that game I've seen him for possibly 10-15 minutes tops and he had done nothing to change my mind... Roll on Tynie when he finally arrives on the scene to get a hat trick against the filth!!!

I never got a chance to go down to ****fries - did Kujabi start that game?

Famous5forever
19-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Was he only given a contract until January? If he was given a season long contract then we will have him until then

more money wasted might as well pay up his contract and tell him to GTF Paddy obviously does not rate him and he cant possibly be match fit his signing was an error of judgement end off story move on.

Captain Trips
19-12-2012, 12:27 PM
more money wasted might as well pay up his contract and tell him to GTF Paddy obviously does not rate him and he cant possibly be match fit his signing was an error of judgement end off story move on.

Correct

Russell The Dug
19-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Shocking panic buy just like the Lithuanian Coco brought in.

Scouse Hibee
19-12-2012, 12:55 PM
A mistake but one which the manager has obviously recognised, he can't get it right all of the time.

edinburghhibee
19-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I never got a chance to go down to ****fries - did Kujabi start that game?

Yes and he was shocking as well, got ripped to pieces by there young right midfielder who ran past him like he wasn't there.

I would not give anyone pass marks after the game and a few months on I'm of the same opinion. But we have improved and regardless of that game I'm happy with our progress... Thought I'd make that clear as I'm aware I'm moaning a fair bit on this thread ;)

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Shocking panic buy just like the Lithuanian Coco brought in.

But that boy had an outstanding game at Hunbrox as did all the players in our last 0-3 and I thought we were onto something.

Famous5forever
19-12-2012, 03:12 PM
A mistake but one which the manager has obviously recognised, he can't get it right all of the time.

He only got a year contract so we will be rid of him at the end of the season thread closed.

Russell The Dug
19-12-2012, 03:33 PM
But that boy had an outstanding game at Hunbrox as did all the players in our last 0-3 and I thought we were onto something.

That's true. Was some night.

muzzhfc
19-12-2012, 03:42 PM
we have him until the end of the season. would it be worth paying him off or better to keep him on the books? would say it would only be worth paying him off if there was a ready made replacement brought in who has a higher level of performance. if not might be worth keeping him as back up back up

Russell The Dug
19-12-2012, 04:36 PM
we have him until the end of the season. would it be worth paying him off or better to keep him on the books? would say it would only be worth paying him off if there was a ready made replacement brought in who has a higher level of performance. if not might be worth keeping him as back up back up

He offers nothing though. Ziltch.

His wage would be better going towards any player that offers something to any part of the team. :agree:

SteveHFC
19-12-2012, 04:43 PM
He could be our next manager :cb

Vini1875
19-12-2012, 04:51 PM
He offers nothing though. Ziltch.

His wage would be better going towards any player that offers something to any part of the team. :agree:

His wage would be better spent on lottery tickets or bingo tickets or mince pies or party ballons for the hibs kids xmas do or anyone of 100 other uses. He is the worst value for money signing in a long time, Konte, Hurtado or Souwami (spelling) are all ahead of him.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2012, 04:54 PM
He has been a little unlucky in that he signed late on, probably not in tip top fitness. He's not had a chance because our front two started like a house on fire, and he's not been able to get a sniff.

He did play all last season, and scored. He's probably a player who needs to play regularly, and thats probably not going to happen at easter road. A gamble thats not paid off i suppose?

heretoday
19-12-2012, 05:53 PM
He'll be out on the street before he's had time to get match fit!

No doubt he'll sign for St Mirren or someone and come back to haunt us.

Alfred E Newman
19-12-2012, 06:44 PM
His wage would be better spent on lottery tickets or bingo tickets or mince pies or party ballons for the hibs kids xmas do or anyone of 100 other uses. He is the worst value for money signing in a long time, Konte, Hurtado or Souwami (spelling) are all ahead of him.

He is just the latest in a long line of duds. We seem to sign more than our fair share of these goons.

hfc rd
19-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Still hope we get to see him do that swan dive when he scores before he goes. But yeah, he's been poor.

truehibernian
19-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Still hope we get to see him do that swan dive when he scores before he goes. But yeah, he's been poor.

There's something about him that tells me he will only ever score one or two goals for us - and I've got a real feeling in my water it's going to be at Tynecastle and he'll score the winner ! After that he'll do nowt but somehow earn cult hero status.

down-the-slope
19-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Manager made clear when brought in was that there was no senior pro in striking dept to bring on youngsters, and Shefti was partly brought in for that reason (GOC was their role model last year :rolleyes:). Pat has confirmed recently in answer to questions that he is doing this well and that youngsters are benefiting from him being there - so maybe his 'coaching / mentoring' is the pay pack ?

Agree than on pitch for first team he has not shown much in his few minutes

spike220
20-12-2012, 02:28 AM
There's something about him that tells me he will only ever score one or two goals for us - and I've got a real feeling in my water it's going to be at Tynecastle and he'll score the winner ! After that he'll do nowt but somehow earn cult hero status.

Yes I get the feeling you are right he will score two and set another two up and be on fire for the entire game and then do nowt, but beceome a cult hero. But maybe that is the poetic hibs way.

GGTTH

Northern Hibby
20-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes I get the feeling you are right he will score two and set another two up and be on fire for the entire game and then do nowt, but beceome a cult hero. But maybe that is the poetic hibs way.

GGTTH

that'd do me just dandy!

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Odd thing about Kuqi is that you can see the type of player/role that we are looking to cover by signing him, but despite repeated attempts we never get it right. Kuqi is like a third rate Akpo Sodje so far. If we still feel that we need a player like this, we should bite the bullet and make a move for Michael Higdon.

Hibiza
21-12-2012, 03:59 PM

GGTTH

not good enough. unfit and overweight

J-C
21-12-2012, 06:15 PM

I seen him in Starbucks George St about 10 days ago, he's a big lad but not an ounce of fat on him, very lean and very muscular.

JohnStephens91
21-12-2012, 09:57 PM

I've seen him up close and he isn't overweight but he is very muscular which is obviously where his strength comes from. Tom Taiwo has said that when he played against him in League One last season that tackling him is pretty much like trying to go through a brick wall to get the ball and that most players come off second best.

My view on him is that he is a decent choice of striker to bring on with maybe 15 minutes to play and you're holding out for a win as he can hold the ball up well and also has a monster of a strike on him. He is here also to be a role model and to help bring on the likes of Caldwell and Handling and even Doyle and Griffiths. Hopefully he can get a goal soon.

LeighLoyal
21-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I hear Kuqi is the biggest turkey in Edinburgh.

hibee
22-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Manager made clear when brought in was that there was no senior pro in striking dept to bring on youngsters, and Shefti was partly brought in for that reason (GOC was their role model last year :rolleyes:). Pat has confirmed recently in answer to questions that he is doing this well and that youngsters are benefiting from him being there - so maybe his 'coaching / mentoring' is the pay pack ?

Caldwell certainly rates him and the extra time he's willing to spend after training helping the younger strikers:

http://bit.ly/URCHnw