PDA

View Full Version : Zenit St Petersburg racist supporters.

hibby rae
18-12-2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678

Unbelievable that they announced this. I'd imagine any policy of this sort would result in a very serious punishment.

hibsbollah
18-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Until the big signings this summer their fans were proud of having never signed a black player. Vile club, vile fans.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 04:45 PM
There used to be a club right here on our doorstep, that wouldn't sign players just because the were catholics, but they went bust.

18-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Unbelievable!

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2012, 05:07 PM
The bigger picture that goes with this, is that parts of the old Soviet Union are now emerging as real powerhouses in European football, and therefore their associated FA's are well aware that they have nothing to fear from a systemically weak and perhaps corrupt UEFA.

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I am afraid FIFA/UEFA have been as weak as a kitten over this issue. The nonsensical paltry fines that have been handed out to clubs whose fans take part in racism has been shameful. The non-action against Spain in the friednly with England a number of years ago was a complete disgrace as was the recent £60k fine on the Serbian FA after the England u21 game. Completely shameful, corrupt and lacking any sort of moral leadership.

Diclonius
19-12-2012, 01:45 AM
I am afraid FIFA/UEFA have been as weak as a kitten over this issue. The nonsensical paltry fines that have been handed out to clubs whose fans take part in racism has been shameful. The non-action against Spain in the friednly with England a number of years ago was a complete disgrace as was the recent £60k fine on the Serbian FA after the England u21 game. Completely shameful, corrupt and lacking any sort of moral leadership.

There's no money in battling racism, just integrity.

Therefore, FIFA aren't interested.

frazeHFC
19-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Horrible! Bet Hulk is one of the best players they have had in a long time as well.

jamiehibee
19-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Horrible! Bet Hulk is one of the best players they have had in a long time as well.

That is an interesting point, in my opinion I don't hate anyone but if they came to the hibees and made us a better club I think i'd soon get over whatever problem I had with them, it's a deep routed cultural issue.

Speedy
19-12-2012, 08:42 AM
They have also been like this.

I remember talking about it when Arshavin left them.

JimBHibees
19-12-2012, 09:35 AM

That sums it up perfectly.

Future17
19-12-2012, 01:52 PM
For the sake of balance, it's worth pointing out that not all Zenit supporters feel this way. Also, the Club's spokesperson and manager have both spoken out against the statement issued by the supporters group.

The truth is that there has been unhappiness about the arrival of Hulk and Witsel since the beginning and for a variety of reasons. This statement, as disgraceful as it is, is simply the latest front in a larger battle. It should be condemned and it should be made clear by all who love football that this attitude is unacceptable in football. However, punishing the Club (and, accordingly, the fans) would be counter-productive with regard to any hopes we have of winning the war.

lucky
19-12-2012, 02:02 PM

Best post on Hibs.net this year.