PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Evan McMillan (not signing)

hibs supporter
18-12-2012, 03:32 PM
just saw on newsnow hibs hibs have on on trial should sign in next 48 hours from fenlons old club bohemians

Stevie Reid
18-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I would guess he is a target man given his switch from CH to CF: -

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/bohs-mcmillan-ready-to-nail-down-hibs-deal-3331008.html?

Tuesday December 18 2012

PAT FENLON hopes to complete a deal to sign Bohemians man Evan McMillan in the next 48 hours.
The 26-year-old has been on trial at Hibs for the past week and has done enough to earn a contract offer from Fenlon.
If he passes a medical and manages to come through a trial game this week, a deal could be on the table to allow former UCD man McMillan's move to the SPL.
McMillan lined out for UCD and St Patrick's Athletic but he had a very impressive season with Bohs last term, with manager Aaron Callaghan moving McMillan from central defence to a forward position and he finished the season as the Gypsies' leading scorer.

SteveHFC
18-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Another defender ****ing great :greengrin

DaveF
18-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I would guess he is a target man given his switch from CH to CF: -

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/bohs-mcmillan-ready-to-nail-down-hibs-deal-3331008.html?

Tuesday December 18 2012

PAT FENLON hopes to complete a deal to sign Bohemians man Evan McMillan in the next 48 hours.
The 26-year-old has been on trial at Hibs for the past week and has done enough to earn a contract offer from Fenlon.
If he passes a medical and manages to come through a trial game this week, a deal could be on the table to allow former UCD man McMillan's move to the SPL.
McMillan lined out for UCD and St Patrick's Athletic but he had a very impressive season with Bohs last term, with manager Aaron Callaghan moving McMillan from central defence to a forward position and he finished the season as the Gypsies' leading scorer.

Peg selling Hobo will fit right in :greengrin

Mikey
18-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Another defender ****ing great :greengrin

Exactly what PF said we needed at the AGM just last week.

Stevie Reid
18-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Exactly what PF said we needed at the AGM just last week.

Someone who can be utilised in different positions and be an aerial presence both in attacking and defending will do me, good use of the budget.

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 03:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_McMillan

6ft 3.

Hibees07
18-12-2012, 03:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_McMillan

6ft 3.

Yes, but can you slip a sheet of paper under his feet when he jumps for the ball. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Sounds interesting, always like to see a CH who can do a decent shift up front too when required.

Heisenberg
18-12-2012, 03:49 PM
If he plays up top we could actually be signing someone who can win one of Ben Williams' goal kicks. Doyle must have missed every single attempt at jumping for them on Saturday

greenginger
18-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Peg selling Hobo will fit right in :greengrin

Is a Hobo a step up or down the Social Ladder for a Gypsy ? :confused:

SteveHFC
18-12-2012, 03:52 PM
The Next Jon Daly :wink:

Stevie Reid
18-12-2012, 03:52 PM
If he plays up top we could actually be signing someone who can win one of Ben Williams' goal kicks. Doyle must have missed every single attempt at jumping for them on Saturday

McGivern won a great number of Williams' kick outs at the weekend, something we didn't make much use of, unfortunately.

SteveHFC
18-12-2012, 03:57 PM
http://bohemianfc.com/wp-content/themes/rockwell_v1.7.1/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://bohemianfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/evan-mcmillan.jpg&w=220&zc=1

Heisenberg
18-12-2012, 04:02 PM
McGivern won a great number of Williams' kick outs at the weekend, something we didn't make much use of, unfortunately.

Aye, actually forgot about that. He seems to be the main target from them, still, would be nice to have someone up top to win some high balls.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe Kuqi on his way out

Part/Time Supporter
18-12-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/spl-sides-chase-mcmillan-3308352.html

This report said that Dundee Utd and Chesterfield are also interested.

Stevie Reid
18-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Aye, actually forgot about that. He seems to be the main target from them, still, would be nice to have someone up top to win some high balls.

Wouldn't disagree with that. Griffiths and Doyle have developed a good partnership but we do have a lack of attacking alternatives from the bench. I had high hopes for Kuqi but this signing, if it happens, would seem to suggest that he doesn't have a future with us.

number9dream
18-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe Kuqi on his way out

and/or Griffiths...

.Sean.
18-12-2012, 04:06 PM
What's his 'proper' position and where do we reckon we'll see him? I take it even if he does sign before the weekend he can't play until next month?

Part/Time Supporter
18-12-2012, 04:07 PM
From reading about this guy, he sounds more like a centre half who can play centre forward, rather than the other way round. Probably covering the fact that Hibs have been very short at right centre half without McPake and Clancy.

Stevie Reid
18-12-2012, 04:09 PM
From reading about this guy, he sounds more like a centre half who can play centre forward, rather than the other way round. Probably covering the fact that Hibs have been very short at right centre half without McPake and Clancy.

Agree, but happy either way.

Dundee Utd have utilised Daly at CH many times, and Hearts used to gain a lot of points when they shifted McKenna up front.

PatHead
18-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Wonder how the Bohs fans who use the forum rate him? Any of you willing to tell us?

lyonhibs
18-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Not just your average clunking CH then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qga6i_HUXno

Imagine Rob Jones or Paul Hanlon trying that?? Me neither.

Get him signed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Good to see that there is no early hoo-hah abput signing a player from a " lower" league.

Liams
18-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Well we can compare him to our last CH to CF, big stephens! Get him signed, hopefull he can bull other teams

PISTOL1875
18-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Chis Sutton wasn't too shabby when he played at the back for Celtic. :agree::agree::agree::agree:

Hibbyradge
18-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Good to see that there is no early hoo-hah abput signing a player from a " lower" league.

Hoo-hah.

Not Hibs class.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Hoo-hah.

Not Hibs class.

:greengrin

:na na:

truehibernian
18-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Chis Sutton wasn't too shabby when he played at the back for Celtic. :agree::agree::agree::agree:

Check out John Charles for the greatest centre half turned centre forward - absolutely no danger would I like to have played against him if he was either position !

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 05:48 PM
FFS not another irishman, do we sign any players from outside ireland?

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Eh yes, to name a few
Taiwo
Cairney
Kuqi
Clancy
Mcpake
Kujabi
Claros
Williams

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Eh yes, to name a few
Taiwo
Cairney
Kuqi
Clancy
Mcpake
Kujabi
Claros
Williams

:tee hee:

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 05:52 PM
:tee hee:

Watch it boy

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Watch it boy

Shall we just call it a woosh moment? :wink:

hfc rd
18-12-2012, 05:53 PM

Couldn't care less what the players' nationalities are when we sign them, as long as they do the business when it matters.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Couldn't care less what the players' nationalities are when we sign them, as long as they do the business when it matters.

FFS not another? :greengrin

hfc rd
18-12-2012, 05:56 PM
FFS not another? :greengrin

Just kidding. :)

Billychaotic182
18-12-2012, 05:57 PM
A
Eh yes, to name a few
Taiwo
Cairney
Kuqi
Clancy
Mcpake
Kujabi
Claros
Williams

McPake is Irish........:greengrin

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 05:59 PM
A

McPake is Irish........:greengrin

He's hardly Irish. Plays for NI through a grand parent I think!

erin-go-bragh87
18-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Not just your average clunking CH then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qga6i_HUXno

Imagine Rob Jones or Paul Hanlon trying that?? Me neither.

Get him signed.

Just remember that Kujabi scored a free kick once ;-)

Mikey
18-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Anyone know where he's from?

:stirrer:

lyonhibs
18-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Surprisingly successful fishing trip there BH :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Surprisingly successful fishing trip there BH :greengrin

Sometimes you think thats been done to death, and nobody will fall for it again. :greengrin

NOLA
18-12-2012, 06:31 PM
does he have a website and how tall is he?

Seveno
18-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Eh yes, to name a few
Taiwo
Cairney
Kuqi
Clancy
Mcpake
Kujabi
Claros
Williams

I think you will find that Tim Clancy is Irish. Not that I care.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I think you will find that Tim Clancy is Irish. Not that I care.

Not another one? :grr:

Golden Bear
18-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Not another one? :grr:

Not to mention some of the coaching and scouting staff.

It must be a communications thing.

Mikey
18-12-2012, 06:57 PM

To be sure :agree:

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 07:12 PM
To be sure :agree:

He'll probably sign on Tursday

Craig_in_Prague
18-12-2012, 07:14 PM
He'll probably sign on Tursday

I also heard he'd sign within tree days, so that stands up.

3pm
18-12-2012, 07:15 PM
You guys craic me up.

Hibbyradge
18-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Blackpool Hibs is Irish.

Mikey
18-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Blackpool Hibs is Irish.

Does Paddy O'Fenlon know? He'll sign him :agree:

da-robster
18-12-2012, 07:35 PM
You guys craic me up.

Needless puns in greggs threads really raise my eire.

jdships
18-12-2012, 07:36 PM
You've a job to find a UK born player ( never mind English) in the current Arsenel side and they are doing quite well thankyou

:rolleyes:

Billychaotic182
18-12-2012, 07:41 PM
You've a job to find a UK born player ( never mind English) in the current Arsenel side and they are doing quite well thankyou

There murder!

--------
18-12-2012, 07:47 PM

No, I think you'll find that this would be an ECUMENICAL matter. :devil:

lyonhibs
18-12-2012, 08:01 PM
There murder!

Heavens, I would love an equally murderous Hibs team.......................... :rolleyes:

Bristolhibby
18-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't disagree with that. Griffiths and Doyle have developed a good partnership but we do have a lack of attacking alternatives from the bench. I had high hopes for Kuqi but this signing, if it happens, would seem to suggest that he doesn't have a future with us.

Kuqi's general pishness would suggest he does not have a future with us.

J

Alfred E Newman
18-12-2012, 08:44 PM

I remember Benny Brazil scoring a hat trick.

hfc rd
18-12-2012, 09:20 PM

Plus don't forget the EDG YouTube videos that had all of us excited when we signed him.

brog
18-12-2012, 09:31 PM
I remember Benny Brazil scoring a hat trick.

In a meaningless friendly! Hat trick goal was a pen but when he took one when it mattered against same opponents, Celtc, he missed!

Hibernia Na Eir
18-12-2012, 09:41 PM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/spl-sides-chase-mcmillan-3308352.html

This report said that Dundee Utd and Chesterfield are also interested.

who is Dundee Utd's Irish link?

nonshinyfinish
18-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Did Dirk Lehmann not make a wee cameo as a sweeper in a few games towards the end of his Hibs career?

Alfred E Newman
18-12-2012, 10:09 PM
In a meaningless friendly! Hat trick goal was a pen but when he took one when it mattered against same opponents, Celtc, he missed!

That was Benny. A real star turn. I remember a cup tie against Dundee Unt I think , when we were leading with a minute to go and Benny, with no one near him, kicked the ball out for a needless corner when anywhere up in the stand would have been easier. Yes , United scored from the corner and our cup dream was over for another year. Classic stuff from the great man.

jdships
18-12-2012, 11:12 PM
There murder!

Fifth place in English Premier League TWO POINTS OFF SECOND PLACE and you say they ' are murder ' WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes::confused:

The Harp Awakes
18-12-2012, 11:29 PM

Excellent, another Hibernian about to sign for Hibernian:duck::duck::duck:

Hibeesmad
19-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Fifth place in English Premier League TWO POINTS OFF SECOND PLACE and you say they ' are murder ' WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes::confused:

Don't you mean third place.......

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2012, 12:13 AM

Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Walcott, Gibbs and Jenkinson :na na:

eastmainsmsh
19-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Did Dirk Lehmann not make a wee cameo as a sweeper in a few games towards the end of his Hibs career?

Aye with decent effect :aok:

hungryhibs
19-12-2012, 09:07 AM
What's his 'proper' position and where do we reckon we'll see him? I take it even if he does sign before the weekend he can't play until next month?

If his contract is up he could sign the day and play at the weekend as the Irish leauge has been over for a good couple of months now but am sure someone will tell me if am wrong :wink:

andrew70
19-12-2012, 09:10 AM
he won't b able to play til next month as he was still under contract at the end of the August transfer window. At least am sure that's how it works

JimBHibees
19-12-2012, 09:38 AM
who is Dundee Utd's Irish link?

A few of their team, Daly, Ryan, Gunning, Dillon. Think Levein developed a contact there when he was in charge maybe through PF as he was linked with the Utd job a few years back..

JimBHibees
19-12-2012, 09:38 AM
he won't b able to play til next month as he was still under contract at the end of the August transfer window. At least am sure that's how it works

Thats correct, cant play until January.

brog
19-12-2012, 10:38 AM
That was Benny. A real star turn. I remember a cup tie against Dundee Unt I think , when we were leading with a minute to go and Benny, with no one near him, kicked the ball out for a needless corner when anywhere up in the stand would have been easier. Yes , United scored from the corner and our cup dream was over for another year. Classic stuff from the great man.

You're spot on, remember it well! Even in Benny's first real game, touted as replacement for Sloop & was against St J I think, he played a blinder then in last minute stood on ball, mi**** a passback & goodnight Vienna! I admired Benny's commitment but I have never seen a pro footballer who looked less like a pro footballer!

Big_Franck
19-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Thats correct, cant play until January.

Do you know if he would be eligible to play for the U-20s as a trialist between now and Jan? It would give him match sharpness and by the sounds of it he could be a very useful option from the bench in the derby.

JimBHibees
19-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Do you know if he would be eligible to play for the U-20s as a trialist between now and Jan? It would give him match sharpness and by the sounds of it he could be a very useful option from the bench in the derby.

No he wouldnt be able to play for U20s however Hibs would be able to arrange bounce games that would get him up to speed.

ALF TUPPER
19-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Remember Ally Brazil scoring against Clydebank at Kilbowie from 30 yards.
After accepting a pass he ran about 10 yards and took a rush of blood to the head because he decided to shoot for goal. He kinda miskicked the ball - and it bounced about 8 times as it eventually rolled into the goal. Cant remember what the Clydebank goalie was doing at the time. Not much celebration from the Hibs support - we were too busy laughing along wirh the Hibs players and the coaching staff.

Qualtity from Super Ally .

Pretty Boy
19-12-2012, 01:32 PM
You're spot on, remember it well! Even in Benny's first real game, touted as replacement for Sloop & was against St J I think, he played a blinder then in last minute stood on ball, mi**** a passback & goodnight Vienna! I admired Benny's commitment but I have never seen a pro footballer who looked less like a pro footballer!

I love the fact mi**** is blocked by the swear filter!

PatHead
19-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Wonder if Benny knows McGlynn from driving the buses, anyone know if they share the same route?

bigwheel
19-12-2012, 04:19 PM

I agreed - but then played against Benny in his later career with Civil Service Strollers ( i think ) and he was head and shoulders the best player on the park -

Tom Hart RIP
19-12-2012, 04:23 PM
My Irish mate who follows the Bohs reckons he's a big solid defender. He has just finished studies and has been part time so this will be a big step up.
One for the future I think.

Ozyhibby
19-12-2012, 04:30 PM
My Irish mate who follows the Bohs reckons he's a big solid defender. He has just finished studies and has been part time so this will be a big step up.
One for the future I think.

He's too old to be one for the future. Unless he is better than what we have then he is not worth going for.

Big_Franck
19-12-2012, 05:15 PM
He's too old to be one for the future. Unless he is better than what we have then he is not worth going for.

Surely he'll contribute more than Kuqi so could well be worth going for. He might be a late developer in the game, just because he is 26 doesn't mean we should write him off as a valid target.

ian cruise
19-12-2012, 05:17 PM
No, I think you'll find that this would be an ECUMENICAL matter. :devil:

Careful now..

Ozyhibby
19-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Surely he'll contribute more than Kuqi so could well be worth going for. He might be a late developer in the game, just because he is 26 doesn't mean we should write him off as a valid target.

I'm not. Just saying that at 26 he needs to be ready now. Lets hope he is.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I love the fact mi**** is blocked by the swear filter!

I couldn't work out what it was for ages.

Mis-hit lol

Iggy Pope
19-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Not how I remember it. Tried to get it back to our keeper (Jim McArthur?) under pressure on our by-line, it went over for a corner that we failed miserably to defend and Benny got the stick like he always did, and it seems, still is..

So utterly incompetent, he was signed by the mastermind Eddie Turnbull and selected regularly by other legends managing the club like Pat Stanton and John Blackley. Over 200 times in fact. As well as (inexplicably for a balloon of a player) getting capped at U-21 level for Scotland when it was still worthy of the honour.

I wish I had been that ***** that I had 10 years and 200 appearances for the Cabbage under my belt with half a dozen goals, played with George Best, had runner-up medals in both cups and a Division 1 winners medal on top of an U-21 cap in my china cabinet.......

muzzhfc
19-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Careful now..

down with this sort of thread!

hungryhibs
20-12-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm not. Just saying that at 26 he needs to be ready now. Lets hope he is.

They always say your at your peek when you are in your 30 so he has a bit time for that. Don't judge the guy till we have saw him in the hibs shirt :pfgwa

Baker9
20-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Not how I remember it. Tried to get it back to our keeper (Jim McArthur?) under pressure on our by-line, it went over for a corner that we failed miserably to defend and Benny got the stick like he always did, and it seems, still is..

So utterly incompetent, he was signed by the mastermind Eddie Turnbull and selected regularly by other legends managing the club like Pat Stanton and John Blackley. Over 200 times in fact. As well as (inexplicably for a balloon of a player) getting capped at U-21 level for Scotland when it was still worthy of the honour.

I wish I had been that ***** that I had 10 years and 200 appearances for the Cabbage under my belt with half a dozen goals, played with George Best, had runner-up medals in both cups and a Division 1 winners medal on top of an U-21 cap in my china cabinet.......

Agree with all of that. Benny suffered from not physically looking like a proper footballer. He was a proper footballer who did a much better job for us than he has been give credit. The way we treated him and still do is a form of bullying and I hope he doesn't read the threads about him.

IWasThere2016
20-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Agree with all of that. Benny suffered from not physically looking like a proper footballer. He was a proper footballer who did a much better job for us than he has been give credit. The way we treated him and still do is a form of bullying and I hope he doesn't read the threads about him.

Yup - way better than many we have seen since IMHO.

steviej147
20-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Yup - way better than many we have seen since IMHO.
just been on hibs tv where pf is giving an interview he said evan mcmillan isnt match fit so we wont be doing anything with him at the moment as we need someone who can hit the ground running.:hibees

Bostonhibby
20-12-2012, 11:13 PM

:agree: Decent player, good servant to us and would certainly be capable of holding down a place in most of the Hibs teams since then. Never any question of not playing for the jersey.

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2012, 11:52 PM
http://irishnewsreview.net/2012/12/20/fenlon-not-in-position-to-offer-contract-to-evan-mcmillan/

Gala Foxes
21-12-2012, 06:21 AM
http://irishnewsreview.net/2012/12/20/fenlon-not-in-position-to-offer-contract-to-evan-mcmillan/

Sounds a strange one - we need players RIGHT NOW ?

Surely if the guy is good enough we can wait a few weeks until he gets to match fitness

We threw in Deegan just after he returned to training after 10 weeks out & we played Kuqi after he signed and was clearly light years from being match fit

Is this just a case that Fenlon doesnt want to sign him after watching him but is trying to diplomatically get out of the link after various newspapers jumped the gun that the guy was signing ?

Lucius Apuleius
21-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Surely if the guy is good enough we can wait a few weeks until he gets to match fitness

We threw in Deegan just after he returned to training after 10 weeks out & we played Kuqi after he signed and was clearly light years from being match fit

Is this just a case that Fenlon doesnt want to sign him after watching him but is trying to diplomatically get out of the link after various newspapers jumped the gun that the guy was signing ?

I reckon it is Petrie being mean and deciding we cannot sign anyone until the last week in January, if not the last day even.:agree:

Peevemor
21-12-2012, 06:44 AM

I took it as that. It sounds like the guy hasn't impressed in training.

Peevemor
21-12-2012, 06:46 AM
I reckon it is Petrie being mean and deciding we cannot sign anyone until the last week in January, if not the last day even.:agree:

Oh you bad man! :worms:

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2012, 07:46 AM
I think Fenlon thinks we probably dont need another Irishman, and has finally decided to look at players from other countrys.

Lucius Apuleius
21-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Oh you bad man! :worms:

Pretty Boy
21-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I think Fenlon thinks we probably dont need another Irishman, and has finally decided to look at players from other countrys.

But Fenlon only signs Irish players.

That's why he signed Maybury. FACT.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2012, 09:20 AM

:agree: And he convinced McPake to turn his back on Scotland too.

matty_f
21-12-2012, 09:44 AM
:agree: And he convinced McPake to turn his back on Scotland too.

I wasn't allowed to buy my season ticket unless I became Irish. :agree:

JimBHibees
21-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I wasn't allowed to buy my season ticket unless I became Irish. :agree:

I've just had Guinness for breakfast. Top of the morning. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
21-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I was only allowed not to go to the Wimbledon game because I didn't have an Irish grandmother.

FACT.

Jim44
21-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Is it true that, in order to improve communications between Irish and non-Irish players, the latter have all been given a copy of 'Brush up your Erse - Improve your Gaelic.' ?

Russell The Dug
21-12-2012, 10:37 AM

I knew there must have been some reason we signed the Jambo huddie, cheers for clearing that up.

J-C
21-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe Fenlon being diplomatic here and using the match fit bit instead of saying he ain't Hibs class

Speedway
21-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Does anyone remember ex Man City player Kiki Musampa? Apparently we're making a bid for his younger brother Chris in the next couple of days.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Does anyone remember ex Man City player Kiki Musampa? Apparently we're making a bid for his younger brother Chris in the next couple of days.

Funny guy

Speedway
21-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Funny guy

Is he? I can't say I really know the player.

Bostonhibby
21-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Is he? I can't say I really know the player.

was always a bit too laid back, though it was all a bit of a picnic really, you must remember him.

patch1875
22-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Heard he's a basket case

JohnScott
23-12-2012, 09:17 AM
You lot can laugh all you want about Fenlon and signing Irish players but it shows a total lack of knowledge of the UK transfer market if hes continually looking at players with an Irish connection. It would be cheaper in the long run to buy an Irish league team.

And that is a FACT

Hibernia Na Eir
23-12-2012, 09:22 AM
You lot can laugh all you want about Fenlon and signing Irish players but it shows a total lack of knowledge of the UK transfer market if hes continually looking at players with an Irish connection. It would be cheaper in the long run to buy an Irish league team.

And that is a FACT

WTF was in your breakfast?

IIRC, Calderwood's plundering of English 'talent' showed an equal lack of knowledge. Tell me one player that was better than any of PF's?
Seems like our the bosses we hire haven't quite 'got it'. But It's hardly Pats fault he has a better knowledge of the LOI than other leagues!! Maybe blame RP if you want to blame anyone.

Hiber-nation
23-12-2012, 09:35 AM

And that is a FACT

Is a FACT more of a fact than a fact?

truehibernian
23-12-2012, 09:44 AM

And that is a FACT

He's not though - he's currently watching 3 SFL1 players and he's brought in Cairney (SFL), Leigh (Ch'ship), Ryan M (EPL), Clancy (SPL), Deegan (League 1), Kuqi (League 1), Williams (League 1), Maybury (SPL), Taiwo (League 1).

And where are the Republic of Ireland in the rankings compared to Scotland again ? Seems they're producing players that ultimately get them to major championships too.

JohnScott
23-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Is a FACT more of a fact than a fact?

Only if the "fact" is true you idiot .

As for calderwood? See numptie above.
Why dont you use Butcher as an example rather Calderwood? In fact why dont you use any of the managers of the teams ABOVE US as an example.

Even Englishman Ben Williams has an Irish connection through his last manager. Im only saying if Pats connections are all Irish its a limited market.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-12-2012, 09:48 AM
He's not though - he's currently watching 3 SFL1 players and he's brought in Cairney (SFL), Leigh (Ch'ship), Ryan M (EPL), Clancy (SPL), Deegan (League 1), Kuqi (League 1), Williams (League 1), Maybury (SPL), Taiwo (League 1).

And where are the Republic of Ireland in the rankings compared to Scotland again ? Seems they're producing players that ultimately get them to major championships too.

thanks, was just looking for PF's non-Irish signings and possibles, saved me the trouble! ta

JohnScott
23-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Yes thats true but where do they play their football. And your talking about players we could never hope of signing.

JohnScott
23-12-2012, 09:54 AM
thanks, was just looking for PF's non-Irish signings and possibles, saved me the trouble! ta

No comment on Ben Williams I see lol

truehibernian
23-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes thats true but where do they play their football. And your talking about players we could never hope of signing.

Neither you or I can say that - neither of us have a wee crystal ball to say we can't find a gem that ends up playing at a higher level.

Shane Long and Kevin Doyle played for Cork City - Reading took a chance. Even Matt Doherty ended up at Wolves after doing well in a friendly v Matt Jarvis (bad example from me as I thought Doherty was poor).

Ireland has been a market, at youth level (Cherry Orchard, etc) that clubs such as Man Utd, Arsenal and other EPL clubs monitor closely - who are we to say 'lets ignore the Irish market' ? Shows a complete ignorance of footba to turn our back on that area.

Hiber-nation
23-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Only if the "fact" is true you idiot .

As for calderwood? See numptie above.
Why dont you use Butcher as an example rather Calderwood? In fact why dont you use any of the managers of the teams ABOVE US as an example.

Even Englishman Ben Williams has an Irish connection through his last manager. Im only saying if Pats connections are all Irish its a limited market.

Err....even an "idiot" would have noticed that I never mentioned Calderwood at all. :confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
23-12-2012, 04:04 PM
No comment on Ben Williams I see lol

Indeed not, but youve still got things wrong with your opening comments.