PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Under 20's

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Is the game on today at 2pm?

andrew70
18-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes, at Ainslie Park.

@billybryson07: Hibs u20: grant, gold, Baptie, Stanton, Donaldson, s.smith, Harris, Deegan, Caldwell, handling, e.smith #1-11

007 Mickey Weir
18-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Who are they playing?

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Who are they playing?

Ross County you can follow it here. http://twitter.com/billybryson07

Currently 1-1 E. Smith for Hibs. Sounds a good game.

Tom Hart RIP
18-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Decent game. Finished 1-1.
Liam Obrien and Scott Thompson there and were joined by Pat at half time.
Deegan went off after getting elbow in face but returned after a couple of minutes and appears ok.
Ian Murray was there.
Billy Stark and Donald Park also in stand.
Not sure who got our goal as I was at other end but I think Sam Stanton did well to set it up. Scott Smith plYed centre half and good in air despite his size. Liked look of Bradley Donaldson

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Decent game. Finished 1-1.
Liam Obrien and Scott Thompson there and were joined by Pat at half time.
Deegan went off after getting elbow in face but returned after a couple of minutes and appears ok.
Ian Murray was there.
Billy Stark and Donald Park also in stand.
Not sure who got our goal as I was at other end but I think Sam Stanton did well to set it up. Scott Smith plYed centre half and good in air despite his size. Liked look of Bradley Donaldson

Were they playing on a 3g pitch or grass?

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Were they playing on a 3g pitch or grass?

astro turf at Spartans ground, not sure the grade though

Colin Cameron and Ricky Scrabia also at the game

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 05:59 PM
astro turf at Spartans ground, not sure the grade though

Colin Cameron and Ricky Scrabia also at the game

Ok cheers saw the photo and thought it looked artificial.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Ok cheers saw the photo and thought it looked artificial.

Haven't played on it, but looks a decent surface
Anyone on here played on it?

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 06:06 PM

Havent played on the Spartans one however have coached kids on a few out West Lothian and they are excellent IMO.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Havent played on the Spartans one however have coached kids on a few out West Lothian and they are excellent IMO.

Its been a while since i played, and remember playing on Luton Towns plastic pitch many moons ago. It was really just a flat piece of hardboard painted green.:greengrin

These new pitches look good on the telly, how long before they are all over the place and maybe even put down on SPL pitches to replace grass?

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Its been a while since i played, and remember playing on Luton Towns plastic pitch many moons ago. It was really just a flat piece of hardboard painted green.:greengrin

These new pitches look good on the telly, how long before they are all over the place and maybe even put down on SPL pitches to replace grass?

I would say not long, saw a bit of the Montrose Sevco game and it played fine. Much better than the joke pitch Dunfermline had a few years ago where one Pars fan thought it best to do a Klinsmann dive bare chested and lost half his skin. He looked like he had an Ajax strip on. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Anyone remember the game against Dunfermline, when one of The Pars fans chosen to part in the pre-match kickabout with Ian Rush did an impressive and immediately regretted, bare chested Klinsman dive??:doh::clown::trumpet:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I would say not long, saw a bit of the Montrose Sevco game and it played fine. Much better than the joke pitch Dunfermline had a few years ago where one Pars fan thought it best to do a Klinsmann dive bare chested and lost half his skin. He looked like he had an Ajax strip on. :greengrin

I remember that game, :greengrin

I never knew Montrose had one of these pitches, the financial savings must be huge for them?

If they are as good as grass, then i'd imagine we will all have them in 10 years time?

JimBHibees
19-12-2012, 01:50 PM
I remember that game, :greengrin

I never knew Montrose had one of these pitches, the financial savings must be huge for them?

If they are as good as grass, then i'd imagine we will all have them in 10 years time?

Apparently the community use is very good and as you say must be financial savings to be made.

I think it would make complete sense for these pitches to be brought in over the next as you say 10 years or so especially for smaller community clubs in lower leagues.

fatbloke
19-12-2012, 07:31 PM

Aye it's the bizness nothing more nothing less:thumbsup:

hibs4thecup1988
19-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Montrose are not only saving money but they are earning money from the local community.

As for Spartans my laddie plays on it on a Saturday morning. It seems really good. Can withstand any weather too.

McKenzie
19-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Both pitches are astro at Spartans, they would have played on the recently laid stadium pitch which is 3G I think.