PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon's proposed squad shuffle

TheFamous1875
18-12-2012, 09:55 AM
What youse think of this? As far as I can see we have very little options for anything quite drastic, and it may be more of a case of yer McPakes, Deegans n Clancys coming back rather than what the headlines suggest (cause our bench doesnae). All I've been thinking about is how to get Cairney into a CAM position, as that's where he seems to be most comfortable. But who goes on the left? I doubt the young Stanton's ready yet, hence why he's not been picked yet, and Sproule is best as an impact player for the last 20 mins. Can Lewis Stevenson play left mid? I'm sure he has done before, but I'm not sure as I think of him in the middle, or at left back.

What youse think? What other areas can our squad be improved, how would you shift the team 'round?

Leishy1995
18-12-2012, 10:02 AM
What youse think of this? As far as I can see we have very little options for anything quite drastic, and it may be more of a case of yer McPakes, Deegans n Clancys coming back rather than what the headlines suggest (cause our bench doesnae). All I've been thinking about is how to get Cairney into a CAM position, as that's where he seems to be most comfortable. But who goes on the left? I doubt the young Stanton's ready yet, hence why he's not been picked yet, and Sproule is best as an impact player for the last 20 mins. Can Lewis Stevenson play left mid? I'm sure he has done before, but I'm not sure as I think of him in the middle, or at left back.

What youse think? What other areas can our squad be improved, how would you shift the team 'round?

Lewis played left mid in the cup final. I'd rather give a young lad a game than take Lewis and try him there again.

CB_NO3
18-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Really not sure. This has to be one of the weakest Hibs squads in recent years. We are down to the bare bones as it is and with the prospect of losing Sparky, Claros and McGovern its not worth thinking about. I really hope we could move on the likes of Galbraith, Kuqi and Sproule in January to make way for a few additions but with them having contracts till the end of the season they dont have to go if they dont want to.

P.S. Add Kujabi to that list. Another waste of a wage.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2012, 11:04 AM
The only way to have a meaningful squad shuffle would be to bring in some of the under 20 boys. Our current recognised first team squad is not big enough to cope with a major shuffle.

truehibernian
18-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I'd bring in Harris and have DW on the bench - I'd also give Leigh a spell on the bench as I'm not sure if that ankle injury is affecting his very recent performances (risky I know) - Ross Caldwell to partner Doyle for me. Deegan to remain on the bench and get some training under his belt.

At the back it's a given that McGivern slots beside Hanlon and Lewis comes in at left back for me.

Billychaotic182
18-12-2012, 11:22 AM
I would try Stanton on the left. There must be something there as he got a good new contract. I'd maybe drop Leigh and start with Danny or Ross. Don't think Leigh is over his ankle injury.

Famous5forever
18-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Really not sure. This has to be one of the weakest Hibs squads in recent years. We are down to the bare bones as it is and with the prospect of losing Sparky, Claros and McGovern its not worth thinking about. I really hope we could move on the likes of Galbraith, Kuqi and Sproule in January to make way for a few additions but with them having contracts till the end of the season they dont have to go if they dont want to.

P.S. Add Kujabi to that list. Another waste of a wage.

A Good idea but no one would want to take dross like that they will see out their contracts here, but being positive i think we will keep Sparky, Claros and McGovern what is a concern is the fact that Paddy sanctioned the signings of Kuqi and Kujabi we are emptying the dross at every transfer window but also bringing in dross to replace dross.
To be fair a lot of Paddys signings have been good and cant expect to get them all right.