PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts ban Medals Mackay book

Part/Time Supporter
18-12-2012, 06:25 AM
because he names Mercer as his favourite chairman rather than Romanov, and they didn't even want to risk upsetting "Mr Romanov"

:faf:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/gary-mackay-s-book-not-welcome-at-hearts-1-2696792

HE HOLDS the record for the most competitive games played for Hearts, spent 17 years of his career at Tynecastle, and has risen to the challenge in the club’s hour of need by helping to raise funds to keep the club afloat this season, but loyal servant Gary Mackay is at the centre of an astonishing snub by the club he loves.

The Scotsman has learned that the former captain’s new book Gary Mackay’s Hearts Dream Team was banned from the club shop adjacent to their stadium and a planned party cancelled, because the author chose the late Wallace Mercer and not current majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov as his dream team chairman.

Hearts had initially ordered 100 copies of the book for sale in the shop, but Edinburgh-based publishers Black and White were told to take them back just before payment was due. Hearts also said the party was cancelled, although later changed their mind – but too late, as the publishers declined. According to our source, when asked why the books had been removed, it was explained that there was concern within the club that if Romanov discovered he had not been named dream team chairman, he would be angry, so all of the copies were returned.

Just Alf
18-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Yam class!

Jack
18-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Awe!

Removed just before payment was due?

Poor most subservient and loyal servant.

Capt Mainwaring
18-12-2012, 06:31 AM
because he names Mercer as his favourite chairman rather than Romanov, and they didn't even want to risk upsetting "Mr Romanov"

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/gary-mackay-s-book-not-welcome-at-hearts-1-2696792

I'm thinking the big clue here is "told to take them back just before payment was due"

Poor old Medals :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
18-12-2012, 07:11 AM
The Hearts were havin' a party
The Hearts were havin' a party
The Hearts were havin' a party...
But they've cancelled it instead ;)

cabbageandribs1875
18-12-2012, 07:44 AM
what a total and utter embarrassment of a football club....everything to do with that club is embarrassing, cowards from top to bottom

go vlad go

Leithenhibby
18-12-2012, 07:54 AM

:greengrin Loving it, how f***'n shallow can you get.........

lord bunberry
18-12-2012, 07:59 AM
I like the fact that they thought they might be able to find 100 jambos with the ability to read

DarrenSQH
18-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Only a Yam feels the need to include a chairman in his favourite dream team.

Did they vote on favourite tea lady too?

RickyS
18-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I like the fact that they thought they might be able to find 100 jambos with the ability to read

:thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
18-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Racist rat. You'd think they'd like him.

hibsbollah
18-12-2012, 08:32 AM
A shameful way to treat a loyal servant, especially one who has contributed so much in the way of silverware to HOM FC.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Don't see what all the fuss is about, just recycle the books - get a felt pen and change a couple of letters - Gary Mackays Cream Teas - entirely appropriate to the times they are in - will sell like hot cakes.

Vlad will see it as part of the effort to send him more money - sorted.

Mr White
18-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Contrast this with the book signing in the hibs clubstore on Saturday and you see the gulf in class between us and them. Hearts send back copies of a book by their record appearance holder: Scotland and famous 5 legend Lawrie Reilly sits signing copies of various books and chatting with fans for an hour and a half. No contest.

Golden Bear
18-12-2012, 09:12 AM
It's the sort of thing you would expect to read on the 1st April and not the 18th Dec. Oh, but wait - it is the pantomime season.

Purple & Green
18-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Sounds more like they hadn't sold any...

Pretty Boy
18-12-2012, 09:31 AM
So he won't be winning the Booker prize, Pulitzer Prize et al?

Yet another set of trophies he was so near yet so far from winning.

O'Rourke3
18-12-2012, 09:33 AM
100 books at £5 wholesale? That's a £500 investment the club were not prepared to pay for on the basis they probably wouldn't sell a single copy. The telling point is they returned them before they were due to pay......

TrinityHibs
18-12-2012, 09:55 AM
So he won't be winning the Booker prize, Pulitzer Prize et al?

Yet another set of trophies he was so near yet so far from winning.

The glory of his league and cup double in 1986 will still give him some consolation though.

stu in nottingham
18-12-2012, 09:59 AM
All those hours he spent crayoning in as well...

Hibbyradge
18-12-2012, 10:09 AM
It really is pathetic, but Medals has been a constant critic of Vlad so not really surprising.

Mr Romanov has shown from the beginning that he has a strong predisposition for vindictiveness.

NOLA
18-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Disgraceful way to treat a war hero, you couldn't make it up. ;)

green glory
18-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Disgraceful way to treat a war hero, you couldn't make it up. ;)

Yes, especially considering how many times he's laid down his life for his country.

JimBHibees
18-12-2012, 10:47 AM
It really is pathetic, but Medals has been a constant critic of Vlad so not really surprising.

Mr Romanov has shown from the beginning that he has a strong predisposition for vindictiveness.

Has he really thought he was posing in his Uncle Sam gear to get fans to buy tickets in the past.

Hibbyradge
18-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Has he really thought he was posing in his Uncle Sam gear to get fans to buy tickets in the past.

Here's an example of their love. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-owner-vladimir-romanov-hits-1071248)

And this, from Wiki: "Mackay was criticised by his former club Hearts in June 2011 on the official Hearts website. "Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov"

stokesmessiah
18-12-2012, 11:03 AM
It's the sort of thing you would expect to read on the 1st April and not the 18th Dec. Oh, but wait - it is the pantomime season.

Oh no it isnt.

:rolleyes:

.Sean.
18-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Being serious for a minute and disregarding our feelings for Mackay, it's a pretty shameful way for Hearts to treat a supposed club legend and I'd be embarassed if Hibs were to treat one of our own in the same manner.

lapsedhibee
18-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Being serious for a minute and disregarding our feelings for Mackay, it's a pretty shameful way for Hearts to treat a supposed club legend

Haven't Hearts treated Medals much the same way they treated Willie Bauld? Perhaps Medals should feel honoured to be in such company.

Jim44
18-12-2012, 11:48 AM

I took the granchildren to the pantomime on Sunday - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The wicked stepmother asked her mirror 'who is the fairest of them all?'. I wonder if Vlad has a magic mirror - 'mirror mirror on the wall, who is the greatest chairman of them all?'

allezsauzee
18-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I have to agree with Vlad on this one. Mercer was a total cretin. I'd ban MacKay from my house too.

Mikey
18-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Kwality. Maybe hibs.net should give one away as a prize. Just answer the following searching questions.....

1. How many medals has Medals Mackay won?

2. How many nips did the good Lord have at lunchtime?

3. Who scored Hearts' goals in their league and cup winning week in May '86?

lyonhibs
18-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Sorry to pish in .net's collective cornflakes, but if "our source" from the EEN/Scotsman is to know be treated as a reliable source of info, we are going to be in for a super fun January transfer window.

fat freddy
18-12-2012, 04:08 PM
this is how big clubs treat their legends...jim cruikshank kept goal for them throughout the cold war and indeed helped them defeat the russians and bring down the berlin wall but...he never returned to tynecastle after his career ended due to the treatment he received from the club as his time in the first team came to an end.

hibsbollah
18-12-2012, 05:12 PM
100 books at £5 wholesale? That's a £500 investment the club were not prepared to pay for on the basis they probably wouldn't sell a single copy. The telling point is they returned them before they were due to pay......

It must be awkward finding a place to store 100 books in the Mackay maisonette...oh wait, there must be room for them in that trophy cabinet...problem solved:aok:

HibbyRod
18-12-2012, 05:16 PM
It must be awkward finding a place to store 100 books in the Mackay maisonette...oh wait, there must be room for them in that trophy cabinet...problem solved:aok:

:faf: That's a cracker HB ! :top marks

matty_f
18-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Kwality. Maybe hibs.net should give one away as a prize. Just answer the following searching questions.....

1. How many medals has Medals Mackay won?

2. How many nips did the good Lord have at lunchtime?

3. Who scored Hearts' goals in their league and cup winning week in May '86?

Is the answer to any of those questions 'A racist Hearts b@#%ard'?

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I cant criticise the gimps on this one, i too have banned them from my house.

lord bunberry
18-12-2012, 07:37 PM
I wonder if he will be popping into the pbs to reclaim his framed scotland shirt for a second time, you know the regime is about to change when that happens

ancient hibee
18-12-2012, 07:53 PM
this is how big clubs treat their legends...jim cruikshank kept goal for them throughout the cold war and indeed helped them defeat the russians and bring down the berlin wall but...he never returned to tynecastle after his career ended due to the treatment he received from the club as his time in the first team came to an end.

Neither did the truly great Willie Bauld after his testamonial revenue was reduced to pay for the ball,police and gatemen.

Purple & Green
18-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Neither did the truly great Willie Bauld after his testamonial revenue was reduced to pay for the ball,police and gatemen.

I read an article from 1973 that his issue was half the gate was given to the visitors - Sheffield united? - and he wasn't made aware until after the game. You wonder if it really was halved...

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-12-2012, 09:30 AM
It's becoming a laugh a minute from the asbestos arena these day's isn't it.

HOM 07 = comedy gold since 1874..