PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Portugese Football

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm heading to Portugal next month, and want to take in the game at Olhaneses vs Sporting Club of Portugal. Has anyone got experience of going to games there? I was wondering if it is easy to get a walk up ticket on the day, or if I should pre book. Also is the game likely to be a sell out. I'd be glad of any advice.

The Tubs
17-12-2012, 02:04 PM
You should be able to walk up and pay no problem, although give them a call when you get there just to make sure. There's no danger it will be a sell-out, but check the date and time of the game here http://www.lpfp.pt/pages/calendario.aspx under "jornada 14" a couple of days before the weekend as, due to the fact they're playing Sporting, the game will get moved to a Fri/Sat/Sun or Mon evening for TV.

Phil D. Rolls
17-12-2012, 02:09 PM
You should be able to walk up and pay no problem, although give them a call when you get there just to make sure. There's no danger it will be a sell-out, but check the date and time of the game here http://www.lpfp.pt/pages/calendario.aspx under "jornada 14" a couple of days before the weekend as, due to the fact they're playing Sporting, the game will get moved to a Fri/Sat/Sun or Mon evening for TV.

Cheers mate, I've emailed an ex pats fan group as well, but I'd rather just go and be a neutral. Looks like neither of them is having a great season so far.

HH81
17-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I went to 3 games in one weekend in Lisbon once.

We did Edinburgh Derby in a bar, Went to Benfica (in cup) then Sporting's home game at night and then the day after went to watch Amadora (i think they have gone bust now?) which was just outside Lisbon.

Paid for all games on the day and every groun was less than a 1/10 full.

.Sean.
17-12-2012, 03:19 PM
I went to 3 games in one weekend in Lisbon once.

We did Edinburgh Derby in a bar, Went to Benfica (in cup) then Sporting's home game at night and then the day after went to watch Amadora (i think they have gone bust now?) which was just outside Lisbon.

Paid for all games on the day and every groun was less than a 1/10 full.
Less that 1/10th full? What kind of home crowds do Benfica and Sporting Lisbon get?

HH81
17-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Less that 1/10th full? What kind of home crowds do Benfica and Sporting Lisbon get?

No idea, there was less than 6000 at Benfica and slightly more around 9000 at Sporting. Cup games I think it was.

The other game and the crowd was 400 and they were playing Braga.