PDA

View Full Version : Media Papers tomorrow

Matty_Jack04
16-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Just saw this on twitter

@Agent_868: There's gonna be a major story in the papers tomorrow that will change the landscape of Scottish football!! Corruption is finally coming out

Dont know how credible the guy is but interesting all the same

EK_Hibs
16-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Bent referees in favour of the Old Firm?

Please god

justlikebrazil
16-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Maybe Craig Thomson was caught taken a brown bag of mad vlad!!! :agree:

Golden Bear
16-12-2012, 08:44 PM
What's Traynor been up to now?!

hfc rd
16-12-2012, 08:45 PM
The yams to go out of business at long last.

SteveHFC
16-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Hibs to be awarded the Scottish Cup? :wink:

Bostonhibby
16-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Bent referees in favour of the Old Firm?

Please god

Nah. :wink:

justlikebrazil
16-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Hibs to be awarded the Scottish Cup? :wink:
That would be amazing Hearts caught cheating who would have thought that :agree:

snooky
16-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Just saw this on twitter

@Agent_868: There's gonna be a major story in the papers tomorrow that will change the landscape of Scottish football!! Corruption is finally coming out

Dont know how credible the guy is but interesting all the same

I am the only one who will not be "shocked" by the what-ever-it-is corruption revelation tomorrow?

I think I've got a hit list of about half dozen possibilities. The only shock will be why the other five haven't been exposed.

PatHead
16-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Heard the Sun are running a story with Craig Whyte tape connection. Don't know what it is about though.

Matty_Jack04
16-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Heard the Sun are running a story with Craig Whyte tape connection. Don't know what it is about though.

Regan and Doncaster possibly in the soapy bubble?

SteveHFC
16-12-2012, 08:59 PM
@MTHForum

This breaking news is simple, The Rangers are to be expelled from the Scottish Cup for bringing the game into disrepute regarding DU tickets

Matty_Jack04
16-12-2012, 09:01 PM
@MTHForum

This breaking news is simple, The Rangers are to be expelled from the Scottish Cup for bringing the game into disrepute regarding DU tickets

:confused: Where's the corruption there? Big let down if that's the case

Northernhibee
16-12-2012, 09:01 PM
@MTHForum

If true good to see action is being taken.

woodythehibee
16-12-2012, 09:05 PM
:confused: Where's the corruption there? Big let down if that's the case

Think it's gonna be much bigger than that. According to the guy on twitter, several parties have been attempting to block the story but The Sun will still run it.

Matty_Jack04
16-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Think it's gonna be much bigger than that. According to the guy on twitter, several parties have been attempting to block the story but The Sun will still run it.

Yeh been reading his feed still not sure how reliable it is though

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Rudi Skacel wins SPOTY in vote-rigging scam centred on Gorgie.

EdinMike
16-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I call bollocks on the whole thing.

So now I'll be suprised/pleased If something does come out... :wink:

Hibbyradge
16-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Loady.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2012, 09:24 PM
It's no another bad santa story is it?

Are they going to say that there's a big bad football club owner from Lithuania who played Santa and is now going to do a runner with all the money the elves have been busy working to gather up?

SMAXXA
16-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Nationwide football scandal, hibernian FC have gone on a poor run of forms and some fans claiming the initial great start to the season has been under false pretences and the club have not progressed and they need to get rid of fenlon, claros, mcpake and tam the groundsman and bring in uri gellor who can bend a baw roond a spoon never mind a waw.

Jonnyboy
16-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Sally McCoist topless on page 3? Now that's corrupt :wink:

Not In The Know
16-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Bound to be The Rangers related.

I stopped following that guy as it was blatant he was Celtic daft, with his constant digs at the Huns.

LeighLoyal
16-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Surprised if they'll print anything that might ire the Sevconians. Must be about Hearts! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
16-12-2012, 09:48 PM
That boy is the biggest, slavering talker of ***** on Twitter and that's saying something.

He must have tweeted about 8000 transfer rumours in the summer and about 6 happened. If I posted as much ***** as him there's a good chance I'd get a couple right as well.

Glory Lurker
16-12-2012, 09:54 PM
So what if corruption's finally coming out? It's the 21st century, for pete's sake....:tumble:

Jack
16-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Come on someone. The Sun was coming off the presses at 9 o'clock. Someone must have bought it by now!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Come on someone. The Sun was coming off the presses at 9 o'clock. Someone must have bought it by now!

But Hibbies don't buy the Sun - they have a glance through at the hairdressers / over someones shoulder on the bus/train ;)

Hibercelona
16-12-2012, 10:54 PM
I still wouldn't buy it tomorrow, even to wipe my arse with.

No doubt it'll be a nothing story thats been blown completely out of proportion. That usually tends to be the case. Anything to increase sales.

Prawn Sandwich
16-12-2012, 10:57 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4700853/Eastern-promise-for-Celts.html

Just the usual crap about the infirm leaving Scottish Football.

Jack Hackett
17-12-2012, 05:07 AM
On the scale of underwhelming, that deserves a 10.

Biggie
17-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Knock your selfs out Celtic....bye

Jones28
17-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Underwhelmed.

Celtic can get

1two
17-12-2012, 07:06 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4700853/Eastern-promise-for-Celts.html

Apparently not the story
It hasn't been printed

But will be online later from another source

Matty_Jack04
17-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Huge pile of p!sh seemingly the story was blocked and one of his followers will be breaking the story later........:rolleyes:

yet more toally I expect

H18sry
17-12-2012, 07:09 AM
This story was the subject of a 400 post thread last night on FF. It mushroomed due to some on the board saying there is validity. The thead was closed on the basis until there is some evidence then it will be seen as nothing more than an operation tango moment. However someone is saying that the story will be broken on a blog at some point in the next two days. The papers are unwilling to run with it apparently due to threats of writs etc. I will believe it when I see it. At the moment its nothing more than a rumour. All surrounds emails and tapes from high profile SPL names at the time of the liquidation and subsequent vote.

Gatecrasher
17-12-2012, 07:31 AM
This story was the subject of a 400 post thread last night on FF. It mushroomed due to some on the board saying there is validity. The thead was closed on the basis until there is some evidence then it will be seen as nothing more than an operation tango moment. However someone is saying that the story will be broken on a blog at some point in the next two days. The papers are unwilling to run with it apparently due to threats of writs etc. I will believe it when I see it. At the moment its nothing more than a rumour. All surrounds emails and tapes from high profile SPL names at the time of the liquidation and subsequent vote.

So does anyone know what this rumour actually is?

Jim44
17-12-2012, 07:39 AM
The subject of the speculation might be the reason for Stephen Thompson's recent, hasty and as yet unexplained resignation from the board of the SPL.

spike220
17-12-2012, 07:49 AM
The last time we all got excieted a story before it broke, it was about the East Terrace stones.

So I am guessing that this is going to be the renaming of the scottish cup to something slightly different such as the 'The scottish Champions cup', or something similiar.

PatHead
17-12-2012, 08:07 AM
The subject of the speculation might be the reason for Stephen Thompson's recent, hasty and as yet unexplained resignation from the board of the SPL.

I heard he resigned due to being accused of being a leak of various stories from the SPL board. A claim which he denies.

MrSmith
17-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Agent whatever, showing his true colours ...

https://twitter.com/Agent_868

ScottB
17-12-2012, 11:59 AM

Why is this a story about just Celtic? Following what's happening with Russia and Ukraine, it would surely require the SPL or even the whole Scottish structure to merge with another nations set up, not just them heading off on their lonesome!

Ozyhibby
17-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Why is this a story about just Celtic? Following what's happening with Russia and Ukraine, it would surely require the SPL or even the whole Scottish structure to merge with another nations set up, not just them heading off on their lonesome!

Ot will indeed need to include the whole set up. There is no way the sfa will allow Celtic to just walk off into the sunset. I think it is inevatable that there will be a consolidation of smaller leagues in Europe. I just hope Hibs are prepared for the change and that our Pink chums are no longer with us. ;-)

Keith_M
17-12-2012, 12:18 PM
So, has there or has there not been an actual, shocking, revelatory story that will blow Scottish Football apart...

.......or is it just the usual cr*p about one or other of the OF leaving Scottish Football?

:I'm waiti

Ozyhibby
17-12-2012, 12:18 PM
So, has there or has there not been an actual, shocking, revelatory story that will blow Scottish Football apart...

.......or is it just the usual cr*p about one or other of the OF leaving Scottish Football?

:I'm waiti

None, it was a load of poo.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-12-2012, 12:50 PM
The Sun is more like Wikipedia. Make something up and then continually talk about it so that it looks like there is some substance.

lyonhibs
17-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Agent whatever, showing his true colours ...

https://twitter.com/Agent_868

What an absolute weapon of a man he seems to be.

Speedway
17-12-2012, 01:18 PM
So does anyone know what this rumour actually is?

I know what the rumour is rumoured to be about.

SMAXXA
17-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I know what the rumour is rumoured to be about.

Spill

green glory
17-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Apparently an 'issue' was discussed on Superscoreboard tonight. Looking like a story the Sun crapped out if printing. Not sure what it is yet, but a lot of activity on Twitter again tonight regarding this.

Probably to do with the failure of the share issue?

MSK
17-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Apparently an 'issue' was discussed on Superscoreboard tonight. Looking like a story the Sun crapped out if printing. Not sure what it is yet, but a lot of activity on Twitter again tonight regarding this.

Probably to do with the failure of the share issue?Huns or yams ?

green glory
17-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Huns or yams ?

Huns.

MSK
17-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Huns.:aok:

Sylar
17-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Probably to do with the failure of the share issue?

Why would that threaten legal action and persuasive efforts of those at the top of our game to silence the story?

It would be embarrassing for Rangers, but beyond that, it's hardly a story which will "shape the landscape" of Scottish Football...

s.a.m
17-12-2012, 07:02 PM
...and should the story emerge, how would the huns be feeling? Worried / angry / betrayed / exonerated?

Bostonhibby
17-12-2012, 07:04 PM

East Coast Trains are doing a £20 deal if they book before Xmas, fingers crossed as the English leagues have been cryingout for them to join for years - theres a quote every other day - Not - they really are not wanted, there is enough going on with Racism and all things Chelsea down here at the moment without having real Sectarianism landing on them to deal with / damaging their lucrative brands even further - not going to happen and absolutely no one from the english leagues asking for it.

The Hun could have applied to join the conference when they went bust and didn't, suppose the soap dodgers could do the same, otherwise no chance.

Sylar
17-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Someone said to me earlier that it apparently relates to recordings/evidence of high ranking officials at the top of the game discussing how to bury Rangers once and for all.

I've no reason to trust that as gospel and I've no assurances that said rumour wasn't taken from a supporter message board and relayed to me as unverified pish.

green glory
17-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Someone said to me earlier that it apparently relates to recordings/evidence of high ranking officials at the top of the game discussing how to bury Rangers once and for all.

I've no reason to trust that as gospel and I've no assurances that said rumour wasn't taken from a supporter message board and relayed to me as unverified pish.

A few people talking about this too, looking as though the Sevco share issue might be a disaster as well.

HFC 0-7
17-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Would be surprised if it was. I would have thought the high ranking officials would have been plotting to have them walk back into the spl unscathed!

Pretty Boy
17-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Would be surprised if it was. I would have thought the high ranking officials would have been plotting to have them walk back into the spl unscathed!

As far as 'official' evidence goes, high ranking officials did do everything to get them back into the SPL, or at the very least SFL, unscathed.

Rangers were treated very leniently so I'd ve shocked if there was a conspiracy calling for them to be treated any differently.

johnbc70
17-12-2012, 07:39 PM

Exactly, the 'establishment' were falling over themselves to help Rangers. Someone told me today that The Rangers have raised a maximum of £2M from fans for the share issue when they were looking for £20M.

HFC 0-7
17-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Exactly, the 'establishment' were falling over themselves to help Rangers. Someone told me today that The Rangers have raised a maximum of £2M from fans for the share issue when they were looking for £20M.

Surely you must be wrong! Old Charlie boy said they were as good as sold! That man seemed like such a trustworthy chap as well!

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Has to be HOM07 going kaput.....please!

green glory
17-12-2012, 09:07 PM
https://twitter.com/timomouse/status/280790345493647360

Keith_M
18-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Nothing in the papers today.

So, it's all just b*ll*x then?

Since90+2
18-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Nothing in the papers today.

So, it's all just b*ll*x then?

On Twitter its saying its something to do with the SFA and Rangers/The Rangers/Sevcos registration.

Since90+2
18-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Copied from Twitter :

Agent 86‏@Agent_868 The reason the story can't come out yet is due to the fact the main piece of evidence(recording) was obtained illegally..

Allegedly these recordings prove wide spread corruption and bullying has went on between certain parties in the game....

Due to legal reasons I'm not in a position to directly say what they are discussing but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out...

Allegedly there is a recording of several major faces in the game discussing a major situation that's happened over the last 12 months...

Ok here's what I've heard so far regarding this story. I must stress due to legal reasons everything I'm about to say is only alleged.

:cb

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Copied from Twitter :

Agent 86‏@Agent_868 The reason the story can't come out yet is due to the fact the main piece of evidence(recording) was obtained illegally..

Allegedly these recordings prove wide spread corruption and bullying has went on between certain parties in the game....

Due to legal reasons I'm not in a position to directly say what they are discussing but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out...

Allegedly there is a recording of several major faces in the game discussing a major situation that's happened over the last 12 months...

Ok here's what I've heard so far regarding this story. I must stress due to legal reasons everything I'm about to say is only alleged.

:cb

Is this rocket scientist a Proddy or a Tim? :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
18-12-2012, 11:56 AM
It's just going to be what we all know already anyway: that Regan/Doncaster/Petrie/Lawwell/Topping/Longmuir/Chuckie/Whoever (or some subset of) thought they could cook up a deal to put NewHuns in Div1. My guess is that Lawwell will be on the tape giving the papers what they've been desperate for all along, a Celtc angle to the NewHun farce and possibly Chuckie being exposed as the raging gallery-playing hypocrite we all know he is (won't play in the SPL my arse).

Since90+2
18-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Is this rocket scientist a Proddy or a Tim? :rolleyes:

Neither supposedly. He tweeted the other day he thought all old firm fans are 'vermin'.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Neither supposedly. He tweeted the other day he thought all old firm fans are 'vermin'.

So he's a fascist then? :greengrin

My point, though, is that his suggestion that "we all know what it's about" is off the mark. Depending on one's viewpoint (Tic/Hun/OF-hater/neutral/other), there are any number of "obvious" scenarios.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Sure that I heard on the news that they had raised just under 5 million from a minimum uptake price of five hundred pounds.Given the fact that they have at least 27 million billion diehards in their support, seems a bit odd that only five thousand of them were in a position to dig deep or even club together as a supporters club and dig not so deep.