GGTTH07
16-12-2012, 01:20 PM
When do their deals expire?

woodythehibee
16-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Think Sparky is 17th or 19th of Jan

Sir David Gray
16-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Fenlon was quoted in the media a few days ago saying that they were all with us until the middle of January.

Vini1875
16-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Hibs need to get some good news out to the fans and a few decent results. I feel morale is slipping. Even beyond signing those three we look like we need maybe another four to have a squad capable of dealing with injuries etc.

ruthven_raiders
16-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Fenlon was quoted in the media a few days ago saying that they were all with us until the middle of January.

Which means there last game could be against hearts as there is a mid season break after that

Houchy
16-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Hibs need to get some good news out to the fans and a few decent results. I feel morale is slipping. Even beyond signing those three we look like we need maybe another four to have a squad capable of dealing with injuries etc.

Totally agree about the morale. I remember Pat talking about winning becomes a habit but we seem to have lost something since the Aberdeen game and need a run of 2 or 3 wins right now to get that confidence back. As soon as we went 2-0 up yesterday we panicked and got far too deep. There was one point in the second half where we didn't have a man further up the park than they did and we had the ball in our box.

ancient hibee
16-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Agree.The failure to beat Aberdeen has definitely knocked confidence.

LeighLoyal
16-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Claros is here until season end I'm sure. Hopefully we can keep McGivern until May, if Leigh is away we'll just have to get on with it.

Sir David Gray
16-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Claros is here until season end I'm sure. Hopefully we can keep McGivern until May, if Leigh is away we'll just have to get on with it.

Claros signed a 12 month loan deal last January.

He's due to go back to Honduras in the middle of next month.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I'd be breaking my neck to sign McGivern.

I'd like to keep Claros as well but i reckon we could replace him, i'd love a midfielder that could score a goal. Claros will never score.

Griffiths?? He can be brilliant, he can score a goal from nothing but he's a bit of a tool who doesnt really play for the team. I reckon if he went and we signed 2 strikers we would be ok. Leigh rarely defends from the front and despite all his goals he needs to defend from the front as well.

Hibs still need surgery. I would love to see us sign another wide player, another CM (2 if Jorge goes), another striker and a FB. Not going to happen though!!

cocopops1875
16-12-2012, 05:48 PM

HAHAHAHAHA you said "Even beyond signing those three we look like we need maybe another four" what a lad you are :greengrin

SMAXXA
16-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd be breaking my neck to sign McGivern.

I'd like to keep Claros as well but i reckon we could replace him, i'd love a midfielder that could score a goal. Claros will never score.

Griffiths?? He can be brilliant, he can score a goal from nothing but he's a bit of a tool who doesnt really play for the team. I reckon if he went and we signed 2 strikers we would be ok. Leigh rarely defends from the front and despite all his goals he needs to defend from the front as well.

Hibs still need surgery. I would love to see us sign another wide player, another CM (2 if Jorge goes), another striker and a FB. Not going to happen though!!

Defend from the front???? His work rate is tremendous as is doyles.

I actually think mcgivern would be the least costly to lose and the other 2 are far more important. Don't get me wrong I think he's brilliant but feel we could plug a gap at left back that wouldn't weaken us too drastic and the loss of our top goal scorer and best midfielder would hit us harder.

Being selfish want to keep them all, think we will keep Ryan, the other 2 I'm less convinced tbo

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Looking at our team, what do individual players offer.

With guys like Claros, what does he have? Same with Taiwo? Wotherspoon?

Obviously with Griffiths its obvious, great left peg. Cairney, bags of skill, always beats a man.

Compare him to big Higdon and you could say he holds the ball up well and can score in the box.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Defend from the front???? His work rate is tremendous as is doyles.

I actually think mcgivern would be the least costly to lose and the other 2 are far more important. Don't get me wrong I think he's brilliant but feel we could plug a gap at left back that wouldn't weaken us too drastic and the loss of our top goal scorer and best midfielder would hit us harder.

Being selfish want to keep them all, think we will keep Ryan, the other 2 I'm less convinced tbo

There is work rate (running about with little purpose) and defending from the front. As much as i love Sparky he doesn't defend properly and close off the correct areas when the other team has the ball. With that said he is our top goal scorer. There are other strikers who can put the ball in the net, just check ICT with B McKay.

Claros, he is good but we have three identical (in almost every sense) midfielders who will never score a goal for Hibs.

LeighLoyal
16-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Claros signed a 12 month loan deal last January.

He's due to go back to Honduras in the middle of next month.

I stand corrected. Would be sad to see him go as his industry has been key to the change in fortunes.

SMAXXA
16-12-2012, 06:07 PM
There is work rate (running about with little purpose) and defending from the front. As much as i love Sparky he doesn't defend properly and close off the correct areas when the other team has the ball. With that said he is our top goal scorer. There are other strikers who can put the ball in the net, just check ICT with B McKay.

Claros, he is good but we have three identical (in almost every sense) midfielders who will never score a goal for Hibs.

No I actually agree we have 3 or even 4 if you include Lewis very similar defensive midfielders and we need someone who will go get us 7 or 8 goals a season from midfield.

I just don't agree about claros, he's been arguably our best midfielder this season up there with cairney, he would be the one we should keep in the team. As to what does he offer, I havnt seen a midfield player at hibs in years that doesn't panic and is so composed on the ball.

madabouthibs
16-12-2012, 07:34 PM
McGivern should be a priority. Decent defenders should be a priority.
Then Leigh, we need someone thqt we know will pop the ball in the net from next to nothing, because thats pretty much the service they receive up top. Then........ a decent winger/crosser. If we kept Ryan and Leigh and signed a good winger I'd be happy (-ish).

HibeeSince85
16-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Lets be honest. It's not going to be great to lose any of the three! We need to strengthen, not weaken and that's what would happen losing them.