Hibeesmad
16-12-2012, 11:54 AM
What game is he suspended for?

Greendub
16-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Next week away to killie

Jim44
16-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Hopefully it's the one where he has a sore back. :-)

marinello59
16-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Hopefully it's the one where he has a sore back. :-)

:greengrin

Northernhibee
16-12-2012, 07:18 PM
TBH I think he seriously needs to up his game. Weakest CB this season so far for us and needs to pull his socks up if he wants to be in the starting eleven week in week out.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Amazing, the clamour to get him signed up pre season was incredible, now he's pish. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
16-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Amazing, the clamour to get him signed up pre season was incredible, now he's pish. Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

He's not pish, he's just not even close to producing what we know he can.

Dropping Doyle was a good piece of work by PF, he was cracking yesterday. I feel that James needs to be reminded that Hanlon and McGivern are also very talented CBs and if you want to keep your starting place you need to earn it.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Not seen anyone describe him as 'pish'.

A few have made, imo, valid observations regarding his positional sense and reading of the game. Hate to say it but look at someone like Andy Webster. Not a world beater but one of the SPLs best centre backs just because he reads the game well and therefore makes it look easy.

Heisenberg
16-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Mcpake has been miles away from his best form this season. Shouldn't have played yesterday as it was obvious he wasnt ready.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Not seen anyone describe him as 'pish'.

A few have made, imo, valid observations regarding his positional sense and reading of the game. Hate to say it but look at someone like Andy Webster. Not a world beater but one of the SPLs best centre backs just because he reads the game well and therefore makes it look easy.

I have said it myself that he's not been at his best this season, but he has been carrying this back injury and perhaps thats why?

I'd pick Webster every day and twice on a Saturday over McPake, even last season. Thats what you get if you are prepared to pay the wages he demanded, we couldn't afford him so he went elsewhere.

SteveHFC
16-12-2012, 07:44 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/chuckdenomolos/mcpakered.png

Edit: Copyright of the BBC :greengrin

3pm
16-12-2012, 08:50 PM
He played really well v Hearts but that's been his only real 'standout' performance.

SMAXXA
16-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Can we just merge our ***** talking player slating panick button threads into one uber tread? I'm sure I've read the same stuff on 3 or 4 threads now.

Btw not trying to supress peoples opinions as they are just as valid as mine yet wrong :-)

This is the closest to .net meltdown as I've seen all season, Mikey maybe you can clear this up, is this hibernian armageddon? :-)

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Fenlon asked him if he was ready and being the kind of player he is, he would have said yes when the answer was surely no. Albeit that it is the festive season and players get a bit of latitude, I think that he needs to be carefull and work on his fitness and stamina.