PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

trev the hat
15-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Well I've been backing him for weeks for 1st goal & finally got my reward.
Well done Eoin, looked up for it today & nice finish for the 1st, pity bout result but thought your contribution merited a mention.
Hard graft on the pitch = goals, teammates take note :-D

cocopops1875
15-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Well done Eoin, looked up for it today & nice finish for the 1st, pity bout result but thought your contribution merited a mention.

Could not agree more mate :top marks That said the boys behind us reckon "The Jury is still out" halfwits :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
15-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Doyle is an honest player who gives everything. I like him, think he makes clever runs, and is a real team player....Took both goals very well (1st was set up brilliantly by Spoony).......

hibsbollah
15-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Hes been poor for a month, Pat said hes tired and needs a rest, he comes back and scores two and plays well. Well done Eoin and maybe Fenlon knows what hes doing after all :dunno:

Sweet Left Peg
15-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Doyle is an honest player who gives everything. I like him, think he makes clever runs, and is a real team player....Took both goals very well (1st was set up brilliantly by Spoony).......
Agreed. An intelligent player who tries hard. Should get towards 15 goals this season.

mixuok
16-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Hes been poor for a month, Pat said hes tired and needs a rest, he comes back and scores two and plays well. Well done Eoin and maybe Fenlon knows what hes doing after all :dunno:

after watching that yesterday........... NAH!

Scouse Hibee
16-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Agree with all of that, got to admit that I wasn't confident of him finishing when put through for his second, the finish from him surprised me.

Albanian Hibs
16-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Backed him for first goal too.

Golden Bear
16-12-2012, 09:01 AM
He's been an inspired signing and will continue to improve.

And I simply don't believe that the poor sowel "was tired". Jeez he's a professional athlete and at an age where he should have the physical abilities to run and compete for 90 minutes --------- surely!

500miles
16-12-2012, 09:06 AM
I wonder if Eoin saw himself falling behind Leigh in the goal stakes, and took a bit of a knock in confidence. Strikers are often very competative with each other, so I would't be entirely suprised if that was the case. Certainly his work rate isn't in question, and his attitude on the pitch suggests to me that he is likely to put the same application in at training.

A real good player in my book, and with Griffiths dry streak, might be partnered by young Caldwell or Handling next week.

Greendub
16-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Probably doesn't help how greedy Leigh can be, guilty yesterday too, but when he wasn't being greedy his passing was pretty crap.

If Leigh goes, then Doyle will have to churn out performance like that more often, he played well and looked gutted when he got subbed, of he had got a hat trick, would have done his confidence the world of good

Golden Bear
16-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Probably doesn't help how greedy Leigh can be, guilty yesterday too, but when he wasn't being greedy his passing was pretty crap.

If Leigh goes, then Doyle will have to churn out performance like that more often, he played well and looked gutted when he got subbed, of he had got a hat trick, would have done his confidence the world of good

:agree:

He was buzzing and must have been gutted to be deprived of the chance of his hat trick. It was a very weird decision.

Jonnyboy
16-12-2012, 09:40 PM
:agree:

He was buzzing and must have been gutted to be deprived of the chance of his hat trick. It was a very weird decision.

I'm pretty sure I saw ED signal to the bench that he wanted to come off :agree:

JimBHibees
17-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Thought ED looked very sharp right from the start he had a brilliant turn early on and was unlucky not to score. Looked back to the form he has shown earlier and long may that continue. Finish for second goal was terrific.

Russell The Dug
17-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Doyle has progressed very well since arriving last year, probably still has to work on his fitness but that will come with playing at this level consistently.

Hope we get him on a new contract as soon as possible. :agree:

MrRobot
17-12-2012, 04:35 PM
His second reminded me of Derek Riordan. Scoring out of a half chance.

hungryhibs
17-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Think he has done well this season hope he keeps it up a had hibs to win 3.2 with him to score 1st

truehibernian
17-12-2012, 05:01 PM
His second reminded me of Derek Riordan. Scoring out of a half chance.

Reminded me more of a certain goal Archiegoal scored v 'them' !

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fgl%3DGB%26hl%3Den-GB%26v%3DluB0aej4_rE&hl=en-GB&v=luB0aej4_rE&gl=GB

Sauzee92
17-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Seen him last night at Lulus congratulated him on his goals seemed a good guy! Was with hanlon and mcpake, also seen them with Anthony stokes later on all of them were happy to chat away to anyone who went up to them good to see!

Stevie Reid
19-12-2012, 12:59 PM
He's been an inspired signing and will continue to improve.

And I simply don't believe that the poor sowel "was tired". Jeez he's a professional athlete and at an age where he should have the physical abilities to run and compete for 90 minutes --------- surely!

I know what you mean - I get annoyed when I hear professional footballers complain that they are tired towards the end of the season, or after a hard run of games - but at the end of the day it's all about context, and if you are more tired than your opponents then it is a big factor. Worth remembering that Doyle played a full Irish season before he signed for us in December, and then played the last 5 months of the season with us.

I really rate Doyle, and very much agree with your first comment - think he'll really flourish if we tie him down on a longer deal, especially given that he's only been playing up front for the last couple of years.

spike220
21-12-2012, 07:09 AM
I know what you mean - I get annoyed when I hear professional footballers complain that they are tired towards the end of the season, or after a hard run of games - but at the end of the day it's all about context, and if you are more tired than your opponents then it is a big factor. Worth remembering that Doyle played a full Irish season before he signed for us in December, and then played the last 5 months of the season with us.

I really rate Doyle, and very much agree with your first comment - think he'll really flourish if we tie him down on a longer deal, especially given that he's only been playing up front for the last couple of years.

That 2nd Goal of Doyle was the kind of Goal Sparky normally scores, I think this guy has benefited form playing alongside Sparky and I like to to see him on a three year contract.

GGTTH