PDA

View Full Version : 8,817

Pages : [1] 2

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Embarrassing.

I bet half the people who didn't bother their erse to attend a 3pm Sat game will be moaning like **** when we sign no one and let Griffiths go:agree:

hibs4thecup1988
15-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Embarrassing.

I bet half the people who didn't bother their erse to attend a 3pm Sat game will be moaning like **** when we sign no one and let Griffiths go:agree:

Or the ones moaning like mad when they don't get final tickets or such like.

Disgraceful doesn't even cover it.

LaMotta
15-12-2012, 07:06 PM
i bet they're also thinking thank **** I wasn't there today

madabouthibs
15-12-2012, 07:07 PM
:fishin: :applause:
Should get some biggies...... :greengrin

California-Hibs
15-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Agreed. That's a HORRIFIC attendance to have at home Vrs Motherwell which is always an entertaining game. Cue the excuses about it being the time of year, Christmas shopping etc...

We should never have anything less that 10,000 at home. We never used to, and although yes the past two seasons have been hard to bare, this season has been/still can be a very very good one!

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:08 PM
i bet they're also thinking thank **** I wasn't there today

***** performances are all part of being a football fan. Ye take the rough with the smooth:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I would rather congratulate all those that dug deep to see us get let down once again.

LioNeilMessi
15-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I couldn't believe I was sitting in my seat at 3pm with the place absolutely empty. Poor turnout, poor atmosphere and a terrible performance (second half especially). Hats off to the Motherwell fans though, 100 or so out-sung 8000 Hibs fans, without them the place would of been absolutely dead. Even at 2-0 they were doing a helluva lot more singing that us! Bad day.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Agreed. That's a HORRIFIC attendance to have at home Vrs Motherwell which is always an entertaining game. Cue the excuses about it being the time of year, Christmas shopping etc...

We should never have anything less that 10,000 at home. We never used to, and although yes the past two seasons have been hard to bare, this season has been/still can be a very very good one!

What's worse it's not even the last Saturday. It wasn't even that cold either.

The chairman puts out a plea this week emphasising how important it was to get some big crowds so we can strengthen the squad. We get our lowest home attendance of the season. It wasn't even by a few either. It was nearly 1000 lower than our previous lowest v Killie.:confused:

Sir David Gray
15-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Although the crowd was disappointing today, I did think it was more than that.

Thought it was maybe around the 11,000 mark.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I would rather congratulate all those that dug deep to see us get let down once again.

Really?

Though it pains me to say it the mongs from the other side of the city have nearly doubled that crowd in the last 3 home games. If 8817 is viewed as digging deep then we really are *****ed:agree:

Devilstorment
15-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Really sad to see such a low crowd... I know that money is tight this time of year, safe to say i was only there because i am a season ticket holder, was actually struggling to afford my pie!

I guess we had a bumber crowd against the Hertz and maybe people made the choice to go to that game instead of todays game which is understandable.

I agree we need to regularly get 10k plus or we will struggle to compete.

IMHO I think this should have been a Hibs Kids game as looking at it on the calendar you could have put money on it being a low crowd. Not sure about the Boxing Day game either.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Although the crowd was disappointing today, I did think it was more than that.

Thought it was maybe around the 11,000 mark.

No chance. It was obvious that the crowd was a shocker right from the off. I sit in West and what was in the east and Famous 5 was appalling

allezsauzee
15-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I hate to say it but I think there a few people giving up on the back of a few disappointing results. I think we have a core support of about 8-8.5k with an additional 2-4k who might turn up depending on results.

BroxburnHibee
15-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Loadapish - it's Petrie who's living in cloud cuckoo land.

Football is no longer a cheap day out and there is a lot less disposable income flying about our economy.

Add that to the time of year and its no surprise to me that the crowd was low.

Stop playing on blind loyalty and start getting more creative with pricing structures/incentives.

Pete
15-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Second biggest crowd in Scotland!

:-)

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I hate to say it but I think there a few people giving up on the back of a few disappointing results. I think we have a core support of about 8-8.5k with an additional 2-4k who might turn up depending on results.

A few? we'd won 2 of the prev 3 before today. If they give up after that god help us

Hibercelona
15-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Terrible attendance. You would think that after the valiant effort the players put into the game up in Inverness, the place would be flooded today. :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:29 PM

Football is no longer a cheap day out and there is a lot less disposable income flying about our economy.

Stop playing on blind loyalty and start getting more creative with pricing structures/incentives.

We're no more expensive than others. Unless there is an epidemic of unemployment amongst Hibs supporters i can't help thinking that we are suffering from the fact we have the most spineless fans in the league.

Sitting here moaning about pricing structures when over the road they're donating nearly £800k and filling their ground in times of need. Here we're just wondering past and giving the club a kick.

Walkerbaws
Until we can get a good full season under our belts the attendances will keep on dropping. It's ok to say we have beaten Dundee united and hearts at home this season but you also have to look at the game we have lost e.g. Dundee, ict, and Ross county. Would you spend £22+ to watch a hot and cold team?

#FromTheCapital
I seen a tweet from the official hibs twitter asking for fans to tweet pictures of their view of the game. I took one but was too embarrassed to post it. Terrible attendance

FromTheCapital
15-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Disgraceful attendance today.

Well done again to all the people who came along again today (including myself) and supported the team.
Defending was shocking... But, we looked a threat going forward.

Don't know what happened to 9000 part timers who managed to go to the Hearts game but not today....
Disgraceful really.

And all 9000 of them will be gutted when McGivern, Claros & Griffiths don't sign.

:rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Terrible attendance. You would think that after the valiant effort the players put into the game up in Inverness, the place would be flooded today. :rolleyes:

Genuis. So unless we play like "Hibercelona' every game we should drop the club like a hot tattie after each bad performance. 2 weeks ago we won a derby FFS.

BroxburnHibee
15-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Have to laugh at this - "disgraceful" :hilarious

allezsauzee
15-12-2012, 07:32 PM
A few? we'd won 2 of the prev 3 before today. If they give up after that god help us

True but i think it's obvious by the reaction of some supporters that they are too willing to give up on the team when they need our support the most.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Until we can get a good full season under our belts the attendances will keep on dropping. It's ok to say we have beaten Dundee united and hearts at home this season but you also have to look at the game we have lost e.g. Dundee, ict, and Ross county. Would you spend £22+ to watch a hot and cold team?

What sort of question is that? Are you on the right forum?

Ozyhibby
15-12-2012, 07:35 PM
We're no more expensive than others. Unless there is an epidemic of unemployment amongst Hibs supporters i can't help thinking that we are suffering from the fact we have the most spineless fans in the league.

Sitting here moaning about pricing structures when over the road they're donating nearly £800k and filling their ground in times of need. Here we're just wondering past and giving the club a kick.

Not got the figures to hand but im sure we are one of the most expensive in the SPL.
Adult and 2 kids comes to £46. Pretty pricey.

trev the hat
15-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I was in a few pubs b4 today & they all were saying how quiet they were, even @ 2.15. So I kinda expected a low crowd, quiet boozers = quiet ER

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Not got the figures to hand but im sure we are one of the most expensive in the SPL.

Why are you sure?

Sir David Gray
15-12-2012, 07:41 PM
No chance. It was obvious that the crowd was a shocker right from the off. I sit in West and what was in the east and Famous 5 was appalling

Fair enough. I was in the east stand so can't comment on how full/empty that was, although it was quite full around where I was sitting.

The Famous Five was quite empty but I thought the West stand was ok, not brilliant but half decent.

I know the crowd was poor but I would have said that it was higher than 8,817.

marinello59
15-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Disgraceful attendance today.
Well done again to all the people who came along again today (including myself) and supported the team.
Defending was shocking... But, we looked a threat going forward.

Don't know what happened to 9000 part timers who managed to go to the Hearts game but not today....
Disgraceful really.

And all 9000 of them will be gutted when McGivern, Claros & Griffiths don't sign.

:rolleyes:

I have to agree. Sartorial standards were low and some of them had been drinking. Shocking.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Fair enough. I was in the east stand so can't comment on how full/empty that was, although it was quite full around where I was sitting.

The Famous Five was quite empty but I thought the West stand was ok, not brilliant but half decent.

I know the crowd was poor but I would have said that it was higher than 8,817.

The East was probably as empty as i've ever seen it

Walkerbaws
15-12-2012, 07:46 PM
What sort of question is that? Are you on the right forum?

Well, apart from at parkhead or ibrox, every game in Scotland will be a very low attendance until we establish the pecking order of the spl e.g. Without rangers anymore what team is second best? After this season attendances will rise for the 2nd and 3rd placed teams yet probably stay the same fir the teams beneath them.

IberianHibernian
15-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Stop playing on blind loyalty and start getting more creative with pricing structures/incentives.Agree entirely . Economic situation must be affecting crowds . Also think expecting more than 10,000 Hibs fans to turn up at every home match unrealistic - apart from a few months with Mowbray or McLeish during better economic times we haven`t had regular 10,000 home support ( I watched many matches with Turnbull`s Tornadoes with less than 7,000 fans for example ) since 60s or before . Also how many season ticket holders pass on their tickets to pals who might otherwise pay at gate ? Not sure policy of always promoting season tickets is best way forward especially with so many empty seats available . Better to try to encourage more walk up fans -families , tourists , students , lifelong Hibbies who can`t afford season ticket or simply don`t want to go every 2 weeks . Some will become regulars . Do club ever offer group tickets to football teams or groups of workmates or pensioners for example ?

Ozyhibby
15-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Why are you sure?

I read it here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14367632
Maybe things have changed since last year.

hibbycraig
15-12-2012, 08:10 PM
You can't compare the crowds from a 'grudge' match against your bitter rivals and a game against Motherwell, the attendance was never gonna be anywhere near it.

On another topic, I think the pricing at Hibs needs a huge overhaul, but you can't offer reduced prices for games until the season ticket price comes down.

leggeto
15-12-2012, 08:13 PM
seen a lot of folk leave at 2-2 almost like they knew what was coming:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
15-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Shocking home support. Like RP said at the AGM, we need fans to back us at home, we had 13,000c fans against the merricks so at least 4,000 down on that......Oh well, I guess more costs will have to be cut, but no doubt if we can't keep hold of loanees or make signings, it will be the fault of the Board?

Famous5forever
15-12-2012, 08:17 PM
What's worse it's not even the last Saturday. It wasn't even that cold either.

The chairman puts out a plea this week emphasising how important it was to get some big crowds so we can strengthen the squad. We get our lowest home attendance of the season. It wasn't even by a few either. It was nearly 1000 lower than our previous lowest v Killie.:confused: Petrie needs money to take us forward. we must try to help.

Baldy Foghorn
15-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Either a shed load of Season Ticket Holders never turned up, or the walk up attendance was a few hundred....

Whatever way you want to look at it, it was a shocking home crowd for a big game. Sad to see so many empty seats around our Stadium......

StevesFamau5
15-12-2012, 08:26 PM
the 100+ well fans sounded like 8817. constant noise. what happened to us? we used to be so vocal :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

GreenPJ
15-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Agree entirely . Economic situation must be affecting crowds . Also think expecting more than 10,000 Hibs fans to turn up at every home match unrealistic - apart from a few months with Mowbray or McLeish during better economic times we haven`t had regular 10,000 home support ( I watched many matches with Turnbull`s Tornadoes with less than 7,000 fans for example ) since 60s or before . Also how many season ticket holders pass on their tickets to pals who might otherwise pay at gate ? Not sure policy of always promoting season tickets is best way forward especially with so many empty seats available . Better to try to encourage more walk up fans -families , tourists , students , lifelong Hibbies who can`t afford season ticket or simply don`t want to go every 2 weeks . Some will become regulars . Do club ever offer group tickets to football teams or groups of workmates or pensioners for example ?

We have had consistently more than 8500 this season with that number building to over 10K before the Hearts game. Economic situation has nothing to do with today's poor attendance, the sad fact is people don't care anymore (their perogative) and so we just hope that there is a stream of youngsters who are half decent as how the board can find funds for anyone in Jan on that attendance I have no idea.

It also really does make us look embarrasing when our board state that fans support will help us continue to develop and no one answers the call but the deluded across town do react to the requests from a madman.

Craig_in_Prague
15-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Other teams with half our support (and less) do fine, Hibs punch below their weight too often and on the pitch isnt good enough. The board can blame fans, fans can blame fans, but at the end of the day we usually get served pish team, defending worse than an U10 girls team, and on top of 3 years of *****, we went on to record our worse result in history. No wonder we have lost many fans. It is very easy to lose the bug.

Ozyhibby
15-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Other teams with half our support (and less) do fine, Hibs punch below their weight too often and on the pitch isnt good enough. The board can blame fans, fans can blame fans, but at the end of the day we usually get served pish team, defending worse than an U10 girls team, and on top of 3 years of *****, we went on to record our worse result in history. No wonder we have lost many fans. It is very easy to lose the bug.

Exactly. There are 8 teams in the spl who dont get anywhere near 8000 fans at home.

Baldy Foghorn
15-12-2012, 08:43 PM

Not having a go at you here, but it does my nut in that some "lose the bug". What ever happened to the notion of actually "supporting" through the good times and the bad???

Still there will be the usual clamour and public outcry for 25,000 tickets if we happen to make it to the SCF again......

BroxburnHibee
15-12-2012, 08:47 PM
We have had consistently more than 8500 this season with that number building to over 10K before the Hearts game. Economic situation has nothing to do with today's poor attendance, (You know that for a fact do you?) the sad fact is people don't care anymore (their perogative) and so we just hope that there is a stream of youngsters who are half decent as how the board can find funds for anyone in Jan on that attendance I have no idea.

It also really does make us look embarrasing when our board state that fans support will help us continue to develop and no one answers the call but the deluded across town do react to the requests from a madman.

The yams have had a gun pointed at their heads for weeks and there's no sign he's gonna take his finger off the trigger - are you really suggesting we are in the same situation - I must have missed that.

Perhaps Petrie should go down that route.

I really think this hysteria about attendances is way over the top. We've got home games against Celtc and Ross County coming up - thats 4 games at ER this calendar month. I've not got a season ticket this year basically because I couldn't afford it. Given that on average it costs me to take my son roughly about £50 a time then its not hard to suggest that their may be an economic reason why this game out the 4 is the one to see a drop in crowd size as I fully expect the other games to have a higher attendance.

I'm wondering how long Petrie decides to give the training centre before mothballing it.

It may well be a wonderful facility and one that we can more than afford in better times but I would imagine running costs must be high (even prohibitive) and I'm wondering if Petries statement at the AGM could have been a hint with that in mind.

Iceman1875
15-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I can't afford to go to many games but the prices we/spl charges is ridiculous. £15 for todays game is more reasonable and I personally feel would bring far more people along to make up the 30% on each ticket.

Nakedmanoncrack
15-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Exactly. There are 8 teams in the spl who dont get anywhere near 8000 fans at home.

Very poor attendance but in line with what you'd expect when you look at how crowds are dwindling across the board:

e.g other crowds today-

8,790 at Aberdeen.
5,483 at Tannadice
2,974 at Perth

J-C
15-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Surprised at the attendance, I was in the east and it looked fairly packed out, I thought there was a lot more I must admit.

IWasThere2016
15-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Our game needs a serious overhaul to survive.

Out of interest, what was the attendance at the corresponding fixture last year?

TheEastTerrace
15-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Said it once and will say it again - Hibs need to adapt to the times and offer more than just a ST & Half ST to fans. Short sighted decision to kick the club membership to touch - NOT EVERY FAN CAN PAY UP FRONT. Sooner they get that through their heads the better

Craig_in_Prague
15-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Not having a go at you here, but it does my nut in that some "lose the bug". What ever happened to the notion of actually "supporting" through the good times and the bad???

Still there will be the usual clamour and public outcry for 25,000 tickets if we happen to make it to the SCF again......
Many fans live abroad.. Hibs could sell out finals many times over. Look at 1991 LC win, thousands locked out. However footy down ER each week, is expensive and generally Hibs punch below their weight. Defend worse than an U10 girls most of the time. Glory hunting and Hibs fans cannot go together! ... We are simply pish more often than not. We have horrid cup records, horrid derby records and basically make it not easy to make fans wana turn up on big numbers.
As I said, fans can blame those not attending each week and the board can too, but a footballing management set-up at ER should be doing better than clubs with half our resources and if and when we punch our weight, fans will turn up.

Iceman1875
15-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Said it once and will say it again - Hibs need to adapt to the times and offer more than just a ST & Half ST to fans. Short sighted decision to kick the club membership to touch - NOT EVERY FAN CAN PAY UP FRONT. Sooner they get that through their heads the better

Agreed. I'm sure I've seen a few clubs down south doing deals on a couple of consecutive home games for a slightly reduced deal, maybe we could try that ie ross county/celtic at xmas? I appreciate its a cat a game but that's just an example...

Baldy Foghorn
15-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Many fans live abroad.. Hibs could sell out finals many times over. Look at 1991 LC win, thousands locked out. However footy down ER each week, is expensive and generally Hibs punch below their weight. Defend worse than an U10 girls most of the time. Glory hunting and Hibs fans cannot go together! ... We are simply pish more often than not. We have horrid cup records, horrid derby records and basically make it not easy to make fans wana turn up on big numbers.
As I said, fans can blame those not attending each week and the board can too, but a footballing management set-up at ER should be doing better than clubs with half our resources and if and when we punch our weight, fans will turn up.

Yes silly me, that explains why 25,000 were in Glasgow in May, but under 9,000 at ER Today.......

You have said on another thread that "we are ganting", so I'm out I'm afraid....That sort of comment belongs on keeckback.......

Craig_in_Prague
15-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes silly me, that explains why 25,000 were in Glasgow in May, but under 9,000 at ER Today.......

You have said on another thread that "we are ganting", so I'm out I'm afraid....That sort of comment belongs on keeckback.......

our history generally doesnt suggest we are ganting?

Hanny
15-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Our game needs a serious overhaul to survive.

Out of interest, what was the attendance at the corresponding fixture last year?

8,518 at the home game against Motherwell in October last year and 7,110 in the same game in April 2012.

Devilstorment
15-12-2012, 09:19 PM
There were very few Motherwell fans. The Yams obviously brought a big following and Aberdeen brought a big following in the last 2 games at ER.

But i do agree that there are an element of the clubs support who will only come based on results, which i guess is fair enough. I have a season ticket so its in my interest to go to every game despite how we are playing. But pay at the gate punters will by their nature consider previous form prior to turning up and we must be LLWWLL if i am correct. Also we must have shipped about 10 goals in the last 6 games. Not really the kind of stats that will have folk queueing up to get tickets

Petrie's rallying call is all well and goods but you cant compare that to the desperate plea coming from the smelly end of town. I am convinced that if we were in their kind of death throws then we would be pulling a 15-16k crowd in

IWasThere2016
15-12-2012, 09:23 PM
8,518 at the home game against Motherwell in October last year and 7,110 in the same game in April 2012.

So more fans there this time - thanks.

Alfred E Newman
15-12-2012, 09:25 PM
I am not surprised at todays attendance. The supporters have been great this season especially in the light of the cup final humiliation but last weeks thumping at Inverness was a body blow and underlined what most of us know, that many of the weaknesses that have plagued the club for years still exist. The poor style of football on offer doesn't help either.

Devilstorment
15-12-2012, 09:26 PM
A lot of our older (I use the term with respect) fans seem to indicate that we have never really attracted crowds in the 14,15,16k regions.

.... if thats the case, why the hell do we have 20k capacity stadium! :confused:

At The Edge
15-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Celtic only had just under 48,000 today which i guess for them is down a lot.
Anyway Baldy touched on folk 'losing the bug' i asked around my work to various fans of teams Celtic, Sevco, Hearts being the main ones. all the lapsed ST's of these clubs missed the big games but not the smaller games, reason mostly was the poor standard of football on show and the price of games.
Its a vicious circle, folk don't pay money to go, clubs have to cut costs therefore can't attract 'name' players, the club gets journeymen players in, football gets worse, folk stay away, price stays the same, folk don't come back etc etc

Mr White
15-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Very difficult time of the year, for those with kids especially. I would have gone today but sandwiched between my sons birthday and christmas I couldn't afford it. sacrifices have to be made and football is a luxury that's first to go when things are tight I'm afraid.

Devilstorment
15-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Very difficult time of the year, for those with kids especially. I would have gone today but sandwiched between my sons birthday and christmas I couldn't afford it. sacrifices have to be made and football is a luxury that's first to go when things are tight I'm afraid.

:agree:

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, apart from at parkhead or ibrox, every game in Scotland will be a very low attendance until we establish the pecking order of the spl e.g. Without rangers anymore what team is second best? After this season attendances will rise for the 2nd and 3rd placed teams yet probably stay the same fir the teams beneath them.

Sorry - right yer 1st point, 'Would you spend £22+ to watch a hot and cold team?' The only non hot/cold team I can think of is Barcelona. Even Man U & Real Madrid have been hot or cold. So by your logic unless we're humping teams every week don't go?

As for Rangers not being here. We're not going to attend matches until unless we're 2nd?

FranckSuzy
15-12-2012, 09:33 PM
What I find interesting is not only the correlation between bad results and crowd sizes, but bad results and certain posters popping up. :hmmm:

IWasThere2016
15-12-2012, 09:34 PM
A lot of our older (I use the term with respect) fans seem to indicate that we have never really attracted crowds in the 14,15,16k regions.

.... if thats the case, why the hell do we have 20k capacity stadium! :confused:

There was never the need - nor case - for such a capacity.

clerriehibs
15-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I couldn't believe I was sitting in my seat at 3pm with the place absolutely empty. Poor turnout, poor atmosphere and a terrible performance (second half especially). Hats off to the Motherwell fans though, 100 or so out-sung 8000 Hibs fans, without them the place would of been absolutely dead. Even at 2-0 they were doing a helluva lot more singing that us! Bad day.

No they weren't. The santas sat doon and shut up until they got their 1st.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Really?

Though it pains me to say it the mongs from the other side of the city have nearly doubled that crowd in the last 3 home games. If 8817 is viewed as digging deep then we really are *****ed:agree:

Yams are no really turning up based on the fare on offer though, they are turning up because they know the whole club is in serious, serious trouble. Last time we had a game that was piviotal to our future, we +15K turn up for a game against Dunfermiline. iMO the dichotomy here is that you can't soft soap the fans by asking them to buy the theory that recovery on the pitch may take three seasons, at the same time expecting the recovery on the terraces, in terms of numbers, to be immediate.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Very poor attendance but in line with what you'd expect when you look at how crowds are dwindling across the board:

e.g other crowds today-

8,790 at Aberdeen.
5,483 at Tannadice
2,974 at Perth

That's pretty standard at those grounds.

Aberdeen has a population of 200k, Dundee 150k and services 2 clubs and Perth a population of 45k.

Edinburgh has a pop of nearly 600k. To me those attendances make ours even more embarrassing.

Unfortunately one side of the city appears to be busting their baws to turn up to games (almost twice as many)and dipping into their savings. The other sits around bathing in apathy pointing at 'economic conditions' and comparing attendances to last season.

In the week of our AGM and our chairman makes a plea to say we need people at games to turn up so we can strengthen the squad and we get our smallest att of the season.

What do we think the board are thinking today? They've asked we turn up so we sign players - we've replied with 'we're no bothered.':fenlon

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Disappointing crowd, though being a season ticket holder with a cup top up i could make both of our last home games, if i were a walk up fan i'd probably have sacrificed today to be at the Yams game, something many will have done. We should have a better crowd on Boxing Day and the Celtc game should be 15,000+ with the free tickets.

Mr White
15-12-2012, 09:48 PM
iMO the dichotomy here is that you can't soft soap the fans by asking them to buy the theory that recovery on the pitch may take three seasons, at the same time expecting the recovery on the terraces, in terms of numbers, to be immediate.

Johnny-Hibees
15-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Very poor crowd, no atmosphere, no singing, very little of us today, poor performance from the players especially in the second half, no commitment, very poor tactics from Fenlon today, don't no what he was playing at with the subs, we had no shape at the end. Overall a shocking day, defo one to forget.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 09:57 PM
There was never the need - nor case - for such a capacity.

Derby's until recently were a sellout. Under Mowbray we were getting 14-15k.

It's only 20k. Not 50k. That stand is going to last us 50 yrs. To say there was never a need is ludicrous

S.sct
15-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Bang on.....was there it was crap, move on (actually you lot can do what you want) ;-(

Frazerbob
15-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Aberdeen getting a similar crowd despite going well at the momment tells me that the time of year is the major factor. Christmas is a very expensive time for everyone with presents, work nights out etc. This weekend and next weekend are when most nights out are happening. Last night was mental in the pubs and clubs so I would suggest that many folk couldn't do both (or weren't allowed to do both by the wife etc).

December crowds always suffer untill the actual holiday fixtures when we benefit from the returning exiles.

Our crowds have been steadily rising again after the damage of the cup final. Don't panic because of today!

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Yams are no really turning up based on the fare on offer though, they are turning up because they know the whole club is in serious, serious trouble. Last time we had a game that was piviotal to our future, we +15K turn up for a game against Dunfermiline. iMO the dichotomy here is that you can't soft soap the fans by asking them to buy the theory that recovery on the pitch may take three seasons, at the same time expecting the recovery on the terraces, in terms of numbers, to be immediate.

I get that their situation is more serious. This week however the chairman made a statement on what we needed to do to keep players. Our fans stuck 2 fingers up at it.

As for soft soaping fans - any fan with half a brain cell would recognise that improvement requires money and the only way we're going to get is by getting people through the gate. If they don't go how are we going to get better?

GreenPJ
15-12-2012, 10:08 PM
The yams have had a gun pointed at their heads for weeks and there's no sign he's gonna take his finger off the trigger - are you really suggesting we are in the same situation - I must have missed that.

Perhaps Petrie should go down that route.

I really think this hysteria about attendances is way over the top. We've got home games against Celtc and Ross County coming up - thats 4 games at ER this calendar month. I've not got a season ticket this year basically because I couldn't afford it. Given that on average it costs me to take my son roughly about £50 a time then its not hard to suggest that their may be an economic reason why this game out the 4 is the one to see a drop in crowd size as I fully expect the other games to have a higher attendance.

I'm wondering how long Petrie decides to give the training centre before mothballing it.

It may well be a wonderful facility and one that we can more than afford in better times but I would imagine running costs must be high (even prohibitive) and I'm wondering if Petries statement at the AGM could have been a hint with that in mind.

We are not in the same position as Hearts, however, the Club have been clear that in order to retain the services of the loan players and to further strengthen the squad in Jan the club need the financial support of the fans and the numbers need to increase. Today's attendance is effectively 20% down on the last 2/3 home games (home fans).

Devilstorment
15-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I think what we are all forgetting is that Edinburgh only has circa 600k citizens, if Hertz fans are to be believe at least 592k of said citizens follow the big team. The other 8k were at Easter Road today!

NOLA
15-12-2012, 10:31 PM
walk up fans pick and choose their games and this weekends match wasn't top of the pops for me, considering that i think its a decent attendance today, look at scottish football in general, crowds are down across the board.

BroxburnHibee
15-12-2012, 10:38 PM
We are not in the same position as Hearts, however, the Club have been clear that in order to retain the services of the loan players and to further strengthen the squad in Jan the club need the financial support of the fans and the numbers need to increase. Today's attendance is effectively 20% down on the last 2/3 home games (home fans).

I understand exactly what the club are saying but I'm sorry they need to get in the real world. Times are tight - they're now talking about a triple dip recession - and yet the clubs only tactic seems to be to rely on the blind loyalty of the fanbase no matter what the product. There has been some promising signs this season but you're not going tell me we're gonna see a massive jump in ST's on the back of less than half a season.

Thats a ridiculous business plan IMO - they should stop trying to live beyond their means (a strange notion I know) and the fans need to get a reality check.

Lastly to call our attendance disgusting as some on here have today is absolutely ridiculous.

Ray_
15-12-2012, 10:41 PM

After four years of crap, this was always going to happen, I can't believe the reaction to a low crowd when we have been so poor the last few weeks. Rather than spineless fans, people want entertainment & it has always been said that only die hards will put up with rubbish. Fans have indicated that some want to return, but they want to see something worth watching and all they find is the same old disappointments.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2012, 10:52 PM
After four years of crap, this was always going to happen, I can't believe the reaction to a low crowd when we have been so poor the last few weeks. Rather than spineless fans, people want entertainment & it has always been said that only die hards will put up with rubbish. Fans have indicated that some want to return, but they want to see something worth watching and all they find is the same old disappointments.

Tbf the improvement has been massive. The board are trying to give them something in return. They need money. Our fans are replying with a massive

:fenlon

SouthamptonHibs
15-12-2012, 10:54 PM
it will be OK i'm up next weekend, Killie away then County and the Tims at hame! Hail Hail Glory Hunting all the way living the dream:thumbsup:

lucky
15-12-2012, 11:07 PM
It was the second biggest crowd in Scotland but it was still poor. Going to watch football is dying in Scotland. It's not as popular as it once was because of the price. It's no longer a working class game. People have great choice on what to spend their cash on. But today's crowd will look fantastic compared to Killie next Sunday lunchtime. The crowd will be under 3000 with a couple of hundred Hibs fans there

Speedy
15-12-2012, 11:18 PM

Aberdeen has a population of 200k, Dundee 150k and services 2 clubs and Perth a population of 45k.

Edinburgh has a pop of nearly 600k. To me those attendances make ours even more embarrassing.

Unfortunately one side of the city appears to be busting their baws to turn up to games (almost twice as many)and dipping into their savings. The other sits around bathing in apathy pointing at 'economic conditions' and comparing attendances to last season.

In the week of our AGM and our chairman makes a plea to say we need people at games to turn up so we can strengthen the squad and we get our smallest att of the season.

What do we think the board are thinking today? They've asked we turn up so we sign players - we've replied with 'we're no bothered.':fenlon

Edinburgh has 2 clubs as well and also has a certain % of the percentage that are a) not from Edinburgh or b) not football fans. I don't know the figure but I would expect they are much higher than Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth.

Does that make our attendance any better? Probably not, but then if you wanted to you can manipulate numbers and statistics any way you like.

Hearts have been busting their baws to turn up to games...of course they have, otherwise they'd go bust. If we were in a similar position then more Hibs fans would turn up.

For the record, I wasn't at the game. I could say it's because I wasn't well (I wasn't) but to be honest, I doubt I would've been at the game if I had a free ticket.

The bottom line is that it's a week and a half before christmas, people have other things that they need to do, we have been less than impressive recently and we were playing against Motherwell in a game that seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

:tin hat:

Sir David Gray
15-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Edinburgh has 2 clubs as well and also has a certain % of the percentage that are a) not from Edinburgh or b) not football fans. I don't know the figure but I would expect they are much higher than Aberdeen, Dundee and Perth.

Does that make our attendance any better? Probably not, but then if you wanted to you can manipulate numbers and statistics any way you like.

Hearts have been busting their baws to turn up to games...of course they have, otherwise they'd go bust. If we were in a similar position then more Hibs fans would turn up.

For the record, I wasn't at the game. I could say it's because I wasn't well (I wasn't) but to be honest, I doubt I would've been at the game if I had a free ticket.

The bottom line is that it's a week and a half before christmas, people have other things that they need to do, we have been less than impressive recently and we were playing against Motherwell in a game that seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

:tin hat:

The match yesterday was huge.

It was a big chance to put some daylight between ourselves and Motherwell and also to move back above Inverness. Instead we've done neither of those things, Motherwell's moved clear and Inverness are actually a point further ahead of us now. Not only that but the teams behind us, like St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, who were miles behind us about a month ago are now within touching distance.

People have their reasons for not going to games and they certainly don't need to come on to an internet message board and explain themselves to anyone but to have less than 9,000 people turning up for a game against one of our biggest rivals, in terms of league position, is really disappointing.

gegs70
15-12-2012, 11:44 PM
I wasnt there today son still off with this flu bug thats doing it rounds!

Hainan Hibs
15-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Do people really believe that those who have decided to stop going are going to pay 22 quid to watch what was on offer today?

Quite logical to stay at home and invest in Sky/ESPN instead of freezing your balls off at ER watching crap.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Do people really believe that those who have decided to stop going are going to pay 22 quid to watch what was on offer today?

Quite logical to stay at home and invest in Sky/ESPN instead of freezing your balls off at ER watching crap.

Fair enough. But said persons can have no complaints when the team they `support` lose the likes of Griffiths due to lack of money.

LeighLoyal
16-12-2012, 12:16 AM
First home game I've missed for a while, have to say if they hadn't been so mince at ICT last week I probably would have come through. Fenlon seems to have been more at fault than the players here though.

TowerHibs
16-12-2012, 01:20 AM
I've not been to a game this season - can someone give me a reason why I should pay minimum £25 a weekend to go? I have had season tickets for years and went to away games. After the carry on with Sevco, the final and the past 4 years of unbelievle mismanagement why should I go?

It's hard for some people to take (Winston, your tone to some people whose opinion differ from yours is shocking) but it doesn't mean a great deal to a lot of people anymore. The whole Sevco situation proved we are pissing into the wind! It will take a lot more than a chairman asking me to turn up to change my mind. Where was he when we wanted Calderwood out last summer, it was obvious he would get sacked yet he turned down £400k for him????

I may be a "part time" fan but the SPL and the chairman if its members have ruined the game and until the whole thing starts from the beginning, wages come down and the clubs start working for its money then it will only get worse

I said after the final and Sevco that I was not going back for a while and I'm sticking by it. Clearly am not the only one. It is not entertaining, it is not enjoyable and there is nothing to look forward to. Is it simply a waste of money to me and I spend my money elsewhere - noone has th right to tell anyone where to spend their earnings

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Can i assume that someone like kev80 above had spoken to RP re admission prices. Tbh, this would be the no1 priority to getting people back to ER imo.

The priority is getting folk who go to ER occassionally back to ER on a regular basis.

Cameron1875
16-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Scottish football is ******. People say "cmon support your team through thick and thin" but its not as simple as that. We must be the most spineless team i have ever seen, we were pretty much defending on our own goal line in the second half!

People don't realise how well Hibs have done to get on average 10000 a week after that cup final. The club should be bloody grateful that many fans backed them after that day rather than guilt-tripping us by saying we could struggle to keep our loanees without 12000 home fans. Makes me really angry that the board try and put it on our supporters for our financial problems.

Frazerbob
16-12-2012, 01:33 AM
I've not been to a game this season - can someone give me a reason why I should pay minimum £25 a weekend to go? I have had season tickets for years and went to away games. After the carry on with Sevco, the final and the past 4 years of unbelievle mismanagement why should I go?

It's hard for some people to take (Winston, your tone to some people whose opinion differ from yours is shocking) but it doesn't mean a great deal to a lot of people anymore. The whole Sevco situation proved we are pissing into the wind! It will take a lot more than a chairman asking me to turn up to change my mind. Where was he when we wanted Calderwood out last summer, it was obvious he would get sacked yet he turned down £400k for him????

I may be a "part time" fan but the SPL and the chairman if its members have ruined the game and until the whole thing starts from the beginning, wages come down and the clubs start working for its money then it will only get worse

I said after the final and Sevco that I was not going back for a while and I'm sticking by it. Clearly am not the only one. It is not entertaining, it is not enjoyable and there is nothing to look forward to. Is it simply a waste of money to me and I spend my money elsewhere - noone has th right to tell anyone where to spend their earnings

The simple answer is....because you are a Hibby. The very fact that you still come on here shows that you still care.

We were all scunnered by the final to some degree. Some more than others. I felt for weeks after that I'd had enough and that there was no way I was going to make the effort to get to any games this season (I live in Aberdeen). However, come the first game of the season, I was at Tannadice (on my Jack Jones). Again, I left thinking "That's it, I've had enough". Slowly but surely though the love has been re-ignited and the Derby a couple of weeks ago cemmented it. I'm back in the fold and have enjoyed this season more than any of the last 3 or 4 so far, despite the recent poor performances. The fact the Rangers are not in the SPL and the fact that the league has been very competative to date has helped. We have to remember exactly where we have come from. Last seaon was as bad as I've seen, including the relegation in '98. We are not going to become a great team in a matter of months however the improvement so far has been marked.

You will be back, sooner or later, because it's in the blood. I'd encourage you to make it sooner because, despite the last couple of results, we are a completely different team to the last few years.

Frazerbob
16-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Scottish football is ******. People say "cmon support your team through thick and thin" but its not as simple as that. We must be the most spineless team i have ever seen, we were pretty much defending on our own goal line in the second half!

People don't realise how well Hibs have done to get on average 10000 a week after that cup final. The club should be bloody grateful that many fans backed them after that day rather than guilt-tripping us by saying we could struggle to keep our loanees without 12000 home fans. Makes me really angry that the board try and put it on our supporters for our financial problems.

I agree with the bit in bold but disagree with the rest. We are a FAR better team this season and the team sprit and atmosphere from the crowd far FAR better than last year. Yes, today was gash but there is no way we are going to go from the pathetic, embarassing, joke of a team that was last season to being a consitent and able beat any of the SPL sides week in/week out in just a few months. There are going to poor results and bad performances. As long as I see a team improving and players who care then that to me shows we are heading in the right direction. I can honestly say I have seen both this season so far. In fact, there is no comparison to the jokers of last season.

Speedy
16-12-2012, 01:42 AM
The match yesterday was huge.

It was a big chance to put some daylight between ourselves and Motherwell and also to move back above Inverness. Instead we've done neither of those things, Motherwell's moved clear and Inverness are actually a point further ahead of us now. Not only that but the teams behind us, like St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, who were miles behind us about a month ago are now within touching distance.

People have their reasons for not going to games and they certainly don't need to come on to an internet message board and explain themselves to anyone but to have less than 9,000 people turning up for a game against one of our biggest rivals, in terms of league position, is really disappointing.

It was and it wasn't.

It seems like a big game at the moment but it wasn't really any bigger than last week's game or the next couple of games. I don't think it is one that will be thought of as a decider for years to come.

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2012, 02:01 AM

Quite logical to stay at home and invest in Sky/ESPN instead of freezing your balls off at ER watching crap.From a Hibs perspective today wasn't great(although I thought we were okay in the first half) but it was a pretty good game, plenty of goals, a red card, a good comeback, pretty **** referee and some decent players on show. Certainly would have no problem paying to see that every week, as long as Hibs win though :greengrin

IWasThere2016
16-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Derby's until recently were a sellout. Under Mowbray we were getting 14-15k.

It's only 20k. Not 50k. That stand is going to last us 50 yrs. To say there was never a need is ludicrous

:faf: So we've sold 20k tickets then? When was this?

IWasThere2016
16-12-2012, 05:14 AM

The only ones who should be embarrassed are a Board who - at the depths of a recession and with the game struggling - allowed our cost base to swell to a point where we need 11-12,000 to break-even. Achieved whilst spending the last of the cash and taking on more debt. That's embarrassing IMHO.

TowerHibs
16-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Football is all about opinions. I love my football, sometime ago I was even involved with hibs among other SPL clubs. I come on here cause I love the debate and reading people's views. Just because I haven't went this season doesn't mean I don't like to know what is happening at hibs. 4000 at tannadice, small crowd in Aberdeen says I am in the majority of people with similar mindset. Just cause I'm a hibby should not mean that I casually throw my money at something I don't want to do. I never thought I wouldn't go to games and I know is a "terrible" attitude as a "supporter" but that's how it is just now. Looks like there are 10k other people who feel the same. Some posts on here stating it is disgusting that people are not going and are a resorting to name calling. People can spend their money how they like. the rulers and management of our game is slow, out of date. we live in a world where there is more choice and with social media/internet everyone is now fully aware of more things. Sadly, scottish football has been slow on the intake and it shows. They were solely focused on money and making money for the OF. We now have national team that is rank and no scottish team gets a wiff on decent european football after August except celtic this year. Now we have the prospect of league reconstruction where the league will be split 3 ways half way through the season and begins again in Feb?

Terry Butcher's interview during the week was brilliant. he was promoting inverness as a club and somewhere to stay. Come play with us and i will give you a shop window, decent money and a lovely part of the world to stay in. he has an total budget of £800k. I would suggest we have a lot more than that yet we need more money to get a team on the park to match them. Simply not true

Beefster
16-12-2012, 07:17 AM

Wise words. Football is the only 'business' where the customers can be blamed/attacked for not buying the fare, irrespective of the quality or value on offer. Hibs are going to have to be a bit more imaginative (or even just a bit imaginative in the first place).

Add to the fact that we're in the worst form of the season.

hibsbollah
16-12-2012, 07:29 AM
I haven't read all the thread so this may have been said already, but it looked a reasonably normal attendance to me, surprised it was under 9k.

I think we need to stop flagellating ourselves as a support over attendances. Economic times are tough and only going to get worse, we're still in a post Cup Final debacle period, football crowds are down over the UK and Europe (only 30k at the San Siro recently, big banks of empty seats at grounds like Everton and Villa). We are where we are and if our basic attendance is flatlining at 10k we'll just have to accept that and build from there.

Albanian Hibs
16-12-2012, 07:45 AM
I know of a few season ticket holders who didnt attend yesterday. Hangovers and attending an EPL game was main reasons.

Ozyhibby
16-12-2012, 07:49 AM
The population of Edinburgh is 500k, not 600k as stated twice earlier.
Fact is that Hibs have woefully underperformed over the last 5 years. We have consistantly had the fourth highest wage bill in the league, its now the third highest and next year it will be the second highest.
Our league positions have been nowhere near as good.
I am struggling to understand how our board cannot entice better players than Motherwell, when we offer double tge salary and the chance to live in Edinburgh rather than Motherwell?
We pay four times the salary on offer in Inverness yet they have out performed us three years in a row.
The board are making a plea for fans to help fund the team, yet we are already providing the second largest wage bill in the spl and they do not appear to be using it wisely.
If things need to change i dont think its the fans.
Perhaps if the club started to spend the money already given to them more wisely them more fans may consider coming along and giving them more.

Hamish
16-12-2012, 07:52 AM
I know its being used a lot to explain the attendances, but the performance in the cup final WAS the last straw for a hell of a lot of people. They haven't stopped being Hibs fans, they just won't be back as regular attendees at ER. They still love Hibs, they just don't like them very much these days.

J-C
16-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Must admit, I didn't get a season ticket this past couple of years due to the rubbish on the pitch, have been to a few home game when possible ( work ) but after last weeks hammering and then the dross on show yesterday, it may be a few weeks( maybe months) before I return. I watched us dominate Aberdeen only to lose last minute, then that yesterday, I need to see attitude changes from players and even tactical changes from PF before I reconsider.

Ozyhibby
16-12-2012, 08:00 AM
I know its being used a lot to explain the attendances, but the performance in the cup final WAS the last straw for a hell of a lot of people. They haven't stopped being Hibs fans, they just won't be back as regular attendees at ER. They still love Hibs, they just don't like them very much these days.

This is also very true. Out of the group of season ticket holders in my local, only one out of the five has been back. None of them renewed.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 08:35 AM
The population of Edinburgh is 500k, not 600k as stated twice earlier.
Fact is that Hibs have woefully underperformed over the last 5 years. We have consistantly had the fourth highest wage bill in the league, its now the third highest and next year it will be the second highest.
Our league positions have been nowhere near as good.
I am struggling to understand how our board cannot entice better players than Motherwell, when we offer double tge salary and the chance to live in Edinburgh rather than Motherwell?
We pay four times the salary on offer in Inverness yet they have out performed us three years in a row.
The board are making a plea for fans to help fund the team, yet we are already providing the second largest wage bill in the spl and they do not appear to be using it wisely.
If things need to change i dont think its the fans.
Perhaps if the club started to spend the money already given to them more wisely them more fans may consider coming along and giving them more.

Maybe its just me, but i think we have spent more wisely this season. Pat Fenlon has to win folk back who have been scunnered by the previous few seasons, and of course the cup final.

It wont happen overnight, but we have done much better this season. It seems some folk again are not happy with the progress we are making, and are not happy unless we are 2nd, 4th is not enough these days.

And when you consider just where we were last season, that is just madness. :confused:

matty_f
16-12-2012, 08:46 AM

The stand has been up, what, 2 years? Shall we call you Mystic Meg now?

Hibeesforever
16-12-2012, 08:50 AM
True but i think it's obvious by the reaction of some supporters that they are too willing to give up on the team when they need our support the most.

Yes, same as the team. When you go 2-0 that is the time to work harder.

Fans need to do the same and attend in greater numbers.

Is that attendance going to give the board the incentive to invest in players. I don't think so.

Hibs should have representatives in Princes street advertising games all week. As with so many things connected to Edinburgh, Leith gets little or no publicity. People need to know when games KO. TV has games starting at ridiculous times and it is now the exception to have a 3pm Sat. KO.

Get it sorted Mr Petrie and Hibernians part-time r fans.

Ray_
16-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Tbf the improvement has been massive. The board are trying to give them something in return. They need money. Our fans are replying with a massive

:fenlon

You are following the Rod Petrie book of garbage. petrie has made mistakes that has cost this club millions of pounds and as always, it is the club and its fans who have to pay for it. Talk is cheap, so what if he stands up at the AGM and says that his latest clanger was his fault, that won't bring back the 100 of K's that particular one cost.

Hibs fans have always turned up in the numbers that was at yesterdays match, unless there was something worth watching. Today, more than ever before, it is important to have something worth watching, given the much cheaper alternatives on offer. We have gone through the worst two season's in terms of quality and application, that I've witnessed, since my first match, forty six years ago & the worst result in our history was only a few short months ago.

Do you seriously think that we deserve any better? Yes, we may be getting better results than the last couple of years & yes the entertainment is better, but it is littered with disappointment. As soon as we [the fans] get a bit of belief, it gets shattered again, six goals and two defeats later, is the perfect example.

In business, you have to earn custom and like it or lump it, football is no different, you will get die hards, who will go regardless, other than that, the custom has to be earned & no amount of crowing by Petrie and indignant people on here will change that fact.

Golden Bear
16-12-2012, 09:49 AM
You are following the Rod Petrie book of garbage. petrie has made mistakes that has cost this club millions of pounds and as always, it is the club and its fans who have to pay for it. Talk is cheap, so what if he stands up at the AGM and says that his latest clanger was his fault, that won't bring back the 100 of K's that particular one cost.

Hibs fans have always turned up in the numbers that was at yesterdays match, unless there was something worth watching. Today, more than ever before, it is important to have something worth watching, given the much cheaper alternatives on offer. We have gone through the worst two season's in terms of quality and application, that I've witnessed, since my first match, forty six years ago & the worst result in our history was only a few short months ago.

Do you seriously think that we deserve any better? Yes, we may be getting better results than the last couple of years & yes the entertainment is better, but it is littered with disappointment. As soon as we [the fans] get a bit of belief, it gets shattered again, six goals and two defeats later, is the perfect example.

In business, you have to earn custom and like it or lump it, football is no different, you will get die hards, who will go regardless, other than that, the custom has to be earned & no amount of crowing by Petrie and indignant people on here will change that fact.

Another way of putting things is that it's easy to follow a winning team that plays dire football but as soon as the team starts losing then the dire football is just not acceptable.

Winston Ingram
16-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Not really. The game wasn't on Sky/Espn. On top of that is it logical for the same people to expect the club to get results if they decide to stay in and sit on their hands?

Winston Ingram
16-12-2012, 09:53 AM

So what's your answer? Sit at home and do nowt?

lyonhibs
16-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Folk that are genuinely "shocked" (or raging or embarrassed etc etc) by the attendance at any football match need to get a ride or something.

Micro-analysing every attendance, or measuring it against the Merricks attendance, or whatever, is absolute Yam behaviour.

Winston Ingram
16-12-2012, 09:59 AM

19th of may:agree:

Jack Ferrigan
16-12-2012, 10:06 AM
I would say that the date and the fact that Christmas being just around the corner had a big say in the crowd size. Getting dragged off to do the seasonal shopping plus the lack of money around at present would have had a big say in yesterdays attendance.

That said it was a very sad surrender second half I would bet there were harsh words at full time in the Hibs dressing room.

Ray_
16-12-2012, 10:10 AM
So what's your answer? Sit at home and do nowt?

The answer is certainly not making unrealistic demands on an audience that's not willing to come unless they have something they want to see. Many people have given great idea's on here on how the club can raise income.

Take the shop alone, its a disgrace, plenty of opportunity there alone, if only the club had the initiative, a simple example is the full ninety minutes of the 7-0 game, they have mentioned its coming, why is it not here yet, are they waiting until after Xmas, when people's cash is spent or being used on bargain basement sales?

J-C
16-12-2012, 10:11 AM
I would say that the date and the fact that Christmas being just around the corner had a big say in the crowd size. Getting dragged off to do the seasonal shopping plus the lack of money around at present would have had a big say in yesterdays attendance.

That said it was a very sad surrender second half I would bet there were harsh words at full time in the Hibs dressing room.

Winston Ingram
16-12-2012, 10:12 AM
The answer is certainly not making unrealistic demands on an audience that's not willing to come unless they have something they want to see. Many people have given great idea's on here on how the club can raise income.

Take the shop alone, its a disgrace, plenty of opportunity there alone, if only the club had the initiative, a simple example is the full ninety minutes of the 7-0 game, they have mentioned its coming, why is it not here yet, are they waiting until after Xmas, when people's cash is spent or being used on bargain basement sales?

Asking a 'supporter' to attend a football match is an unrealistic demand?:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Maybe they should ask the ICT chairman for a few tips.

TowerHibs
16-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Folk that are genuinely "shocked" (or raging or embarrassed etc etc) by the attendance at any football match need to get a ride or something.

couldn't have put it better myself.

The team has made progress and i dont expect Hibs to be second. I think the last few years has tipped me to the point that i decided i am not going to spend thousands watching Hibs and have other things i spend my money on.

Its the attitude of you - support Hibs therefore you are duty bound to go every weekend - is complete nonsense. Some people are 100% passionate about the club. These guys are great and full credit to them. the majority of hibs fans are not though, i'm not sure why some posters refuse to accept that

Ray_
16-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Asking a 'supporter' to attend a football match is an unrealistic demand?:confused:

Is it really so difficult for you to understand that some people's idea of following a football is different to others? Especially when you have donkey years evidence of that very fact staring you in the face!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I used to be an uberfan, I'm not anymore, I can only apologise.

Winston Ingram
16-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Is it really so difficult for you to understand that some people's idea of following a football is different to others? Especially when you have donkey years evidence of that very fact staring you in the face!

No - It's incredibly difficult for me to see a club asking 'supporters' to attend football matches as an 'unrealistic demand'

Ray_
16-12-2012, 11:09 AM
No - It's incredibly difficult for me to see a club asking 'supporters' to attend football matches as an 'unrealistic demand'

Well, apart from over the road, due to their current crisis, when has it ever really happened, outside of a cup final or the likes? That's what makes it unrealistic.

Beefster
16-12-2012, 11:17 AM

What's unrealistic is asking the support to consider the club a business in almost every way but not to act as consumers in response to that.

Bobby's Cinema
16-12-2012, 11:26 AM
What's unrealistic is asking the support to consider the club a business in almost every way but not to act as consumers in response to that.
Correct :top marks

weststandhibby
16-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Boxing Day game is going to be interesting given no trains for supporters who live outside Edinburgh. I'm trying to work out how the hell to get in from Falkirk!:wink:

Keith_M
16-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Embarrassing.

What do you expect? Have you watched our recent games and seen the results?

Maybe a lot of people are just p*ssed off and not convinced by the manager and team. They realy have a long way to go to prove to the support that the bad results/performances are the 'blip' and not the good ones.

It's all very well the chairman and manager encouraging the fans to make a commitment but lots of people have seen enough of what we're yet again starting to witness over he last 2-3 years.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 12:38 PM
What do you expect? Have you watched our recent games and seen the results?

Maybe a lot of people are just p*ssed off and not convinced by the manager and team. They realy have a long way to go to prove to the support that the bad results/performances are the 'blip' and not the good ones.

It's all very well the chairman and manager encouraging the fans to make a commitment but lots of people have seen enough of what we're yet again starting to witness over he last 2-3 years.

We might be witnessing a blip/slump whatever its called, but yet again the support are acting in the very same way they always do, moaning and staying away.

And yet here we are sitting in 4th place, where should we be in this league, bearing in mind just how woeful we were only last season, for everyone to get behind the club and help the team?

Golden Bear
16-12-2012, 12:42 PM
We might be witnessing a blip/slump whatever its called, but yet again the support are acting in the very same way they always do, moaning and staying away.

And yet here we are sitting in 4th place, where should we be in this league, bearing in mind just how woeful we were only last season, for everyone to get behind the club and help the team?

I'd be absolutely delighted if we finished 4th in the league BUT the recent signs are not encouraging and I hope it's not the start of an alarming slide down the league.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I'd be absolutely delighted if we finished 4th in the league BUT the recent signs are not encouraging and I hope it's not the start of an alarming slide down the league.

So would i and i am delighted we are 4th, others not, so much so they are not going to games and moaning like **** at how bad we are.

Its great how we like to moan about just how bad we might become, rather than get behind the club and the team when they need us, and while we are actually in a European spot? :confused:

Keith_M
16-12-2012, 01:00 PM

FWIW, BH, I agree with you and would be going to games as well (if it was possible) but I'm just pointing out how a lot of fellow Hibbies I've spoken to are feeling about the situation.

My personal feeling is that we've gone through too many managers recently and now we've found one that at least has signs of knowing something about management, we should stick with him and get behind the team. He is far from perfect and will make mistakes but we're not ManU, so can't expect the perfect manager. The best we can do is get on that shows promise and also signs of learning from his mistakes. I still think PF fits the bill but only time will tell.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2012, 01:14 PM
The stand has been up, what, 2 years? Shall we call you Mystic Meg now?

:faf: So I wasted my time with hundreds of posts at the time saying it wasnae needed. Guess what, I doubt a capacity of 20k+ will ever be tested. I'm a bad man.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2012, 01:22 PM
19th of may:agree:

Can we get the SC Final at ER the next time then? :greengrin

Captain Trips
16-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Lets just remember 4th wasnt good enough for Hughes in past, FWIW I think we will not finish 4th but lower, PF had me seriously thinking about his ability at seasons start but yet again it appears good play and results were the exception rather than rule.

He has had a year I am not interested in works in progress it should be there or there abouts.

hibsbollah
16-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I've got to laugh at some of this bedwetting:greengrin
We've lost TWO consecutive games. With some of our best players only just returning from injury.
Fenlon has done enough to show he knows what he's doing.

ackeygraham
16-12-2012, 01:37 PM

You must be deaf then as usual the sect 43 or whatever banged away with their 4 songs or whatever. Unfortunately this time of year has its affects and yesterday's attendance would have been the ST holders no doubt. Good game, good goals the crap defending and bad tactics from paddy to try and sit deeper.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Lets just remember 4th wasnt good enough for Hughes in past, FWIW I think we will not finish 4th but lower, PF had me seriously thinking about his ability at seasons start but yet again it appears good play and results were the exception rather than rule.

He has had a year I am not interested in works in progress it should be there or there abouts.

Thats the point i'm trying to make, 4th place was certainly good enough for me. What is good enough for us now, 3rd 2nd 1st?

We are better, the next window will give us another chance to strengthen again. Its attitudes like yours that are wrong, we are there or there abouts NOW, but thats not good enough for our fans to continue to back the team.

We seem to be more interested in blasting the team, and predicting a bad run of results rather than be positive about our decent start to the season up to now.

jon paul jones
16-12-2012, 01:49 PM
the 100+ well fans sounded like 8817. constant noise. what happened to us? we used to be so vocal :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'll throw one over the top. Reason we were quiet yesterday was the cluster of only 40-50 fans singing top section of S43, me further low all on my lonesome at times and hee haw else apart from letting rip on Maybury, Hanlon and McPake (guilty as charged).

Simples....no one else seems to think making a noise is important in my humble opinion

J-C
16-12-2012, 01:51 PM

It's not just the blip it's the way the team have suddenly gone from being decent to very poor in the space of 2-3 games, they're starting to look like losers again, similar to the ones we've seen this past 2-3 years.

Captain Trips
16-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Thats the point i'm trying to make, 4th place was certainly good enough for me. What is good enough for us now, 3rd 2nd 1st?

We are better, the next window will give us another chance to strengthen again. Its attitudes like yours that are wrong, we are there or there abouts NOW, but thats not good enough for our fans to continue to back the team.

We seem to be more interested in blasting the team, and predicting a bad run of results rather than be positive about our decent start to the season up to now.

I was positive so I shouldnt predict a slump if I feel that will be case?, Yogi finished 4th which for me was good enough, we are 4th but not at seasons end, there is nothing wrong with my attitude I do not rate PF and think we will finish oustside top 6, after 10 SPL matches I felt hold on maybe im wrong but I do not have the same faith in PF that others do.

sahib
16-12-2012, 01:55 PM

At least two thirds of whom are Jambos ( I was going to put a :wink: here but on reflection that may be the case).
Nothing embarasiing about the attendance, that is just the way it is. I doubt it would be a significantly lower attendance, than the norm over the last fifty years, for that fixture. Mind you after a good kick in the nuts like that, then the next game may be worse.

silverhibee
16-12-2012, 02:01 PM

:agree: :top marks :agree:

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 02:03 PM
It's not just the blip it's the way the team have suddenly gone from being decent to very poor in the space of 2-3 games, they're starting to look like losers again, similar to the ones we've seen this past 2-3 years.

And could get back to decent next week. In fact yesterday we were decent by all accounts in the 1st half. The guys on HI said we went in at Half Time deservedly in front.

We have had a very thin squad, one thats been hit with injuries to crucial players. They have dug out some decent results with the fringe players in, but they were beginning to show why they are fringe players recently.

2 of them came back yesterday, 1 started and 1 came on. Ok we did not get the result we wanted, but we are getting players back, and our team will be stronger in the long run for that.

We need to keep the faith and get behind the team, you'd hardly think it but believe it or not this is whats classed as a good season so far.

erin go bragh
16-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Cost is shocking ,how can St Johnstone charge £15 for an adult and 2 under 12s ,but we charge £46 :confused:
Kids should get in for free when with a paying adult imo .

ggtth

theonlywayisup
16-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but if we have a poor end of the season I could see the number of ST for next season taking a real dive. I am sure that many renewed because we had reached the cup final. I am sure that there are many that will not renew next season.

What I would like to see is some kind of reward for retaining a ST for many seasons. I have had a ST for over 10 years, so it would be good that they applied a % reduction based on you length of service, or offer a second adult family member for a % reduction. My wife would never pay £350+, but if it was a bit lower she may get one.

Thecat23
16-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I was positive so I shouldnt predict a slump if I feel that will be case?, Yogi finished 4th which for me was good enough, we are 4th but not at seasons end, there is nothing wrong with my attitude I do not rate PF and think we will finish oustside top 6, after 10 SPL matches I felt hold on maybe im wrong but I do not have the same faith in PF that others do.

Do you rate Yogi out of interest. I can't mind where we were in the league when he was sacked but sure it wasn't 4th? When we finished 4th though I remember pretty much everyone was happy. Personally I wasn't a fan at all of Yogi. His man management wasn't great that was directly from 2 players who were getting picked each week so didn't have a reason to have a go at him. He was very arrogant to some players as well. PF is respected and he listens to each player that has any issues or problems. Give me Pat any day of the week over John Hughes.

As for attendances, I've continued buying a season ticket because I enjoy football on a sat and thankfully I can afford it. I don't blame anyone who decided to jack it because as others have stated the final wasn't just a scratch, it was a deep, deep cut that will take many years before it heals. I know some who said they will never go back because of that day. It's sad but that's life. Football is way overpriced and the food and drinks prices is ridiculous at ER. To take a young kid or even a couple can cost £100 for the day. So for what is on offer in the SPL I don't believe is worth what Hibs want or any SPL team ask for. We need to change the pricing structure to start with offer better deals for familes bringing kids etc. Maybe then we will see better crowds at ER and over Scotland. Add to that the shambles that went on with Sevco and what Hearts are still doing folk really have had enough and quite frankly who can blame them?

The Voice Of Reason
16-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I was there yesterday with my son and his friend. I actually thought the attendance looked closer to 10k !

Anyway, not sure how many fans travelled up to Inverness last week? After the pathetic capitulation up there I suspect not many of these guys would have felt like attending yesterday!

It is Frustrating for the "die hards" that other fans pick and choose their games, but that is life - the cup final scunnered a lot of fans (possibly for life!) sad but true.

As a parent of 3, the club are much better at PR than they used to be and the deals on offer to attract kids to games are fair. Quite simply though, it is a tough time for all clubs to attract fans to games - folk have less disposable income and the cost of living is going up. Xmas is round the corner also.

Spiel over - Hibs till we die chaps.

silverhibee
16-12-2012, 02:24 PM
This is also very true. Out of the group of season ticket holders in my local, only one out of the five has been back. None of them renewed.

There was 18 of us that went through on a bus to that embarrassing 90 minutes in May, for 14 of them it was the final straw for them, they would rather spend there money on other things at the weekend.

After the few bad seasons we had the final was enough for some folk.

Alfred E Newman
16-12-2012, 02:29 PM
The Inverness result along with the heavy defeat at Dundee have brought home to many that maybe we are not as near to having a successfull side as some think. The size of the task facing Pat Fenlon was immense and he has made great improvements to the side but unfortunately many of the better players brought in in the summer are not ours and could be leaving shortly. If they do go no doubt it will be more loanees coming in and supporters can visualise the inevitable transitional period till they bed in.
I find Petries attempt at Hearts style emotional blackmail a bit below the belt given that , other than the promoted clubs, Hibs with are probably the only club in the league with increased attendances. This in itself is remarkable given what the supporters have had to suffer in the last few years. The Hearts cup victory was brilliant and gave the fans a great day out for once , even if we did ride our luck., but the bottom line is , the football is not good and asking folks to pay £22 to watch the goalkeeper punt the ball up the park for 90min is not everyones cup of tea.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 02:52 PM
22 quid is not good value. Likewise, 220 for a season is far too much.
It's the week before Christmas and everyone is feeling it.
On top of this I think the Hibs hierarchy are getting carried away with Hibs lofty position, we are still pretty average and the scars of the past few seasons are still raw for many.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 02:58 PM
On top of this I think the Hibs hierarchy are getting carried away with Hibs lofty position, we are still pretty average and the scars of the past few seasons are still raw for many.

I have no idea about the Hibs hierarchy, but if we the fans cant enjoy this season and how its gone so far, then there really is no point in going to watch Hibs.

Just what do folk want, we wont win the league but we are fighting for a european place? Rather than worrying about what might happen, how about enjoying what HAS happened so far? :confused:

Cameron1875
16-12-2012, 02:59 PM

That's the main reason probably. There has been an improvement on last season but not as drastic as some of the fans and hibs board believe imo. I don't agree that 220 for a season tic is too much though, that works at about £12 a game which seems good value.

NewHibby
16-12-2012, 03:08 PM

My mate and I sit in the west lower, we are both 53 years old, we were up singing and trying to get people involved, the looks you get from some of these soap opera dumbed down twats is incredible, you would think your trying to abduct their children.
i after 40 years following the club I love am starting to have doubts about our future and our ability to create an atmosphere....I AM SCUNNERED!!!!

Jamesie
16-12-2012, 03:09 PM
That's the main reason probably. There has been an improvement on last season but not as drastic as some of the fans and hibs board believe imo. I don't agree that 220 for a season tic is too much though, that works at about £12 a game which seems good value.

Think the OP may have meant a half season ticket when he referred to £220.

LancashireHibby
16-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Where can I get one of these £220 season tickets please?!

marinello59
16-12-2012, 03:15 PM
My mate and I sit in the west lower, we are both 53 years old, we were up singing and trying to get people involved, the looks you get from some of these soap opera dumbed down twats is incredible, you would think your trying to abduct their children.
i after 40 years following the club I love am starting to have doubts about our future and our ability to create an atmosphere....I AM SCUNNERED!!!!

I have sat in the West for years and I have never seen anybody attract scorn for singing or trying to create an atmosphere. Never. I have seen people of various ages behaving like arrogant dicks though, they tend to get the odd strange look. Have you ever had to endure anybody like that?

NewHibby
16-12-2012, 03:15 PM

Spot on.

NewHibby
16-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I have sat in the West for years and I have never seen anybody attract scorn for singing or trying to create an atmosphere. Never. I have seen people of various ages behaving like arrogant dicks though, they tend to get the odd strange look. Have you ever had to endure anybody like that?
Perhaps your mixing the dicks for people who are sick of years of pish being dished out by the board.
And tell me how often do you join in with the singing?

Russell The Dug
16-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Still bigger attendances than most places in the country weekly and considering the complete pish that's been dished up to the support as well as let downs such as Hampden in May, huge mistakes like keeping Calderwood and numerous bottom 6 finishes 8,000 is a good support.

What do folk expect? To keep producing pish seasons and the blind followers just to keep on following? After May its incredible the support we have shown, the backing from everyone from Petrie to Fenlon.

There's no danger that the board should be guilt tripping us into turning up especially after the said above and the fact that we have many more supporters than the likes of Motherwell and Dundee Utd and still underperform season after season.

basehibby
16-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Well - I missed saturday - fully intended to be there along with my daughter, but then she got the chicken pox and I've been down with a stinker of a cold and have a new job to start this week so our recoverys had to take precedence over boosting Paddy's transfer kitty.

Reading a few of the above posts I don't think I'll be the only one who cried off ill and there will be a few more who were doing the Xmas shopping. Still a disappointing crowd though, showing that Paddy and the boys still have a lot to do to tempt back the real stayaways.

marinello59
16-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Perhaps your mixing the dicks for people who are sick of years of pish being dished out by the board.
And tell me how often do you join in with the singing?

:confused: You never mentioned the board, you were slagging off fellow Hibs fans, ones who actually attend matches.
I do make a noise but I am not so sure it would be classed as singing in any musical sense.

silverhibee
16-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe its just me, but i think we have spent more wisely this season. Pat Fenlon has to win folk back who have been scunnered by the previous few seasons, and of course the cup final.

It wont happen overnight, but we have done much better this season. It seems some folk again are not happy with the progress we are making, and are not happy unless we are 2nd, 4th is not enough these days.

And when you consider just where we were last season, that is just madness. :confused:

I don't think many folk are getting on Pat's back BH, we just had our AGM and RP was apologising to the fans for the mess we are in due to the last manager of Hibs, the same man who backed him when it was quite clear CC didn't want to be at the club, and the biggest majority of fans wanted rid of him as well, do you remember the joke statement RP gave about backing CC with the stats to make CC look good, he done the same at the AGM before this one blaming Hughes for the mess we are in, Petries words were, "We have now stripped away the unworkable legacy saddled upon the club by the previous incumbent", and another apology from him.

Who hired the two of them along with Collins and Mixu, RP, who head hunted Pat, SL & FH and they two have now left the building to leave RP in charge again.

You can say the fans are not turning up for the football we have had to endure over the last few seasons because plain and simple it has been pish, the only highlight was under Hughes when we got 4th spot and even that was a struggle in the end, :greengrin, relegation battle last season with Dunfermline and then the embarrassment of that final, after that day a lot of fans gave up on coming to watch Hibs anymore, but a lot of fans before that final were not happy with Petrie too and were not turning up because they had no faith in the board taking the club forward, how many times does someone keep getting it wrong before they are removed from there position. I do think it is time for him to leave the club, his time is up.

In my eyes RP gets no credit for bringing in PF, PF came in last season and didn't improve things much in our league standing but we never got relegated, that was the main priority and he got us to a final which turned in to a horror show, this season, well what a difference eh, in the top six and fourth in the league and knocked them out the cup so far, a we dip in form over the last few games has seen us drop from 2nd to 4th in the league, who would have thought that after our first game to the Arabs up in Dundee, and our dip in form could be put down to players being injured but hopefully all getting back to fitness now, but it shows you how bare our squad is when we look at the bench, some young promising young lads hopefully and Kuqi.

This is a massive window for PF and RP in January, not only do we need to keep our loan players, ie Griffiths McGivern and Claros but we need to add to the squad as well, along with getting a couple of players tied up on longer contracts, if the manager wants to keep them, thinking Wotherspoon maybe, i know we will try to release a few but we may have to pay them of which will dig in to PF budget, this is the window that RP has to go to the owner and beg if he has to to get the money for this window as it won't come from walk ups and half ST by the looks of it, its a make or break transfer window, it will take more than what's on show just now to get fans back flocking to ER, a show of intent by our owner and board to show they fully back PF and make the funds available for PF to keep what we have(yes some will go) and bring a few more in to the squad, the board cannot keep asking the fans to keep backing the club all the time, if it goes wrong in the window and we lose players like Griffiths and Claros then you know who everyone will blame, even the ones who don't turn up will have there say. :wink::greengrin

Pat is doing a great job, if the owner/chairman can't see this and don't back him in this window, well' i have probably bored you enough now eh. So i will leave it at that and hope Santa is good to us. Yes Santa Clause. :greengrin

Famous5forever
16-12-2012, 04:08 PM
There was 18 of us that went through on a bus to that embarrassing 90 minutes in May, for 14 of them it was the final straw for them, they would rather spend there money on other things at the weekend.

After the few bad seasons we had the final was enough for some folk.

You stick to supporting your team through thick and thin only one die hard i know has gone down the same path which was a surprise as he used to go too home and away games the trouble is once you stop going its hard to re start as you find other things to do on a Saturday.

silverhibee
16-12-2012, 04:08 PM

It is if they cannot afford it.

silverhibee
16-12-2012, 04:19 PM

Only when i was sat behind you. :thumbsup:

marinello59
16-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Only when i was sat behind you. :thumbsup:

Funny you should say that. The folk around about me have all been complaining about the resident gobby git in our area......never about when I look for him though. :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I have no idea about the Hibs hierarchy, but if we the fans cant enjoy this season and how its gone so far, then there really is no point in going to watch Hibs.

Just what do folk want, we wont win the league but we are fighting for a european place? Rather than worrying about what might happen, how about enjoying what HAS happened so far? :confused:

I think most people are enjoying what we have. I also think that we should not accept mediocrity. I don't know exact figures but we must have one of the biggest incomes in the SPL and despite low crowds we still get bigger then most of our rivals.

With that said why are we not getting the best players and why are we not consistently second/third? Maybe thats whats bugging fans, its certainly bugging me that every other team has central midfielders who can score, wingers who can play on the wing and a team full of fit committed players.

We should be better than all these teams.

ancient hibee
16-12-2012, 04:29 PM
In the old days the unemployed got in the boys gate.Are there any schemes like that nowadays for people on benefits?

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I think most people are enjoying what we have. I also think that we should not accept mediocrity. I don't know exact figures but we must have one of the biggest incomes in the SPL and despite low crowds we still get bigger then most of our rivals.

With that said why are we not getting the best players and why are we not consistently second/third? Maybe thats whats bugging fans, its certainly bugging me that every other team has central midfielders who can score, wingers who can play on the wing and a team full of fit committed players.

Who is accepting mediocrity? All i am accepting is a much better league position than i or i'd guess anyone else expected this season.

This is a new team, thats being built by a new manager in his first full season, he needs to be given a chance to get his team in a position to challenge consistently for one of the european places.

Moaning about whats happened in the past, or who they have signed is really nothing to do with the current boss, he can only affect what happens now, not 3 4 5 years ago.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Probably the board who accept mediocrity. The fact is we should be miles ahead of teams like ICT, Motherwell or Killie but we are not. These other teams operate on far less than us yet often they look better, fitter and stronger. Our club has to be better in all aspects but the people that are running it have to be equally driven, i just don't know if they are.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Probably the board who accept mediocrity. The fact is we should be miles ahead of teams like ICT, Motherwell or Killie but we are not. These other teams operate on far less than us yet often they look better, fitter and stronger. Our club has to be better in all aspects but the people that are running it have to be equally driven, i just don't know if they are.

In what way do the board accept mediocrity, they sack a manager every 14 months or so? They might appoint the wrong managers, but they back each and every one with more money than most? :confused:

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 05:24 PM
In what way do the board accept mediocrity, they sack a manager every 14 months or so? They might appoint the wrong managers, but they back each and every one with more money than most? :confused:

Maybe they don't then, i don't really know. Maybe its the managers we sign.

Can you tell me why we can't consistently finish in the top 4 of our league given our fan base etc (better than or equal to our rivals)?

lord bunberry
16-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Can you tell me why we can't consistently finish in the top 4 of our league given our fan base etc (better than or equal to our rivals)?

Maybe we can start finishing in the top 4 consistently maybe we have got the right manager in place now. We are sitting 4th and we are still in the cup i think most people would have been delighted with that at the start of the season. Im not saying everything is perfect but its certainly not that bad either

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 05:34 PM

If we back our managers as best we can, and its more than most. There's been debates here that we are on a par with Aberdeen, some years more some less, you dont have to be Einstein to see we dont punch our weight enough.

Its down to a couple of things in my opinion, the choice of manager and who appointed them. Petrie has appointed most of them recently, and sacked them. There's only so many times he can get it wrong, gladly it looks in my opinion thats not the case this time.

I dont see the point in looking back at whats happened before, especially as things are better now? If we were struggling in the bottom 2 again, i could see why there seems to be so much anger, but while we are at last where we should be why is there so much negativity, especially when you think of where we have come from? :confused:

Ray_
16-12-2012, 05:45 PM
If we back our managers as best we can, and its more than most. There's been debates here that we are on a par with Aberdeen, some years more some less, you dont have to be Einstein to see we dont punch our weight enough.

Its down to a couple of things in my opinion, the choice of manager and who appointed them. Petrie has appointed most of them recently, and sacked them. There's only so many times he can get it wrong, gladly it looks in my opinion thats not the case this time.

I dont see the point in looking back at whats happened before, especially as things are better now? If we were struggling in the bottom 2 again, i could see why there seems to be so much anger, but while we are at last where we should be why is there so much negativity, especially when you think of where we have come from? :confused:

Our recent form needs to be addressed as it has brought us two unconvincing wins and four defeats in our last six games, which is the sort of form that will see us back down there.

NorthNorfolkHFC
16-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't think there is anger just frustration that similar things are consistently happening.

Why are we not fit enough? Wotherspoon was done by 60 minutes yesterday and has been the same in almost every game i've watched, Cairney is outstanding but isnt fit and i don't think Griffiths is 'really fit'. Games can be won just by being fit and Motherwell were certainly alot fitter than us yesterday.

Why do we only sign wee central midfielders who cant shoot, score or have any athleticism?

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Our recent form needs to be addressed as it has brought us two unconvincing wins and four defeats in our last six games, which is the sort of form that will see us back down there.

I agree, but i'm not worried at all about us being back down there. I also disagree about having 2 unconvincing recent wins. I enjoyed them both, we took our chances in both games when they came along, the opposition didn't.

Its becoming a habit to look at the negative side of everything with some folk, you could have said we battled well to win both those games, and we were very unlucky not to win against the dons, but that does not sound right does it Ray?

son of haggart
16-12-2012, 06:08 PM
At least two thirds of whom are Jambos ( I was going to put a :wink: here but on reflection that may be the case).
Nothing embarasiing about the attendance, that is just the way it is. I doubt it would be a significantly lower attendance, than the norm over the last fifty years, for that fixture. Mind you after a good kick in the nuts like that, then the next game may be worse.

I agree with your second para

re the first I don't think Hearts could claim to have 2/3rds of the edinburgh support. In the last 49 years while I have been watching the split has probably been 54:46 when both teams are playing the same level. In recent years that has drifted out to maybe 60:40 due to respective form

Also of the football fans in Edinburgh the OF (and EPL) cream off a lot of the potential audience, making most of them armchair fans in the process - my view is that Hearts and Hibs have just over and under respectively 25,000 people who attend games and support them , regulars and irregulars. A long period of supremacy for one or the other has a gradual impact onthoseproportions

Bishop Hibee
16-12-2012, 06:19 PM
I agree with your second para

re the first I don't think Hearts could claim to have 2/3rds of the edinburgh support. In the last 49 years while I have been watching the split has probably been 54:46 when both teams are playing the same level. In recent years that has drifted out to maybe 60:40 due to respective form

Also of the football fans in Edinburgh the OF (and EPL) cream off a lot of the potential audience, making most of them armchair fans in the process - my view is that Hearts and Hibs have just over and under respectively 25,000 people who attend games and support them , regulars and irregulars. A long period of supremacy for one or the other has a gradual impact onthoseproportions

I would agree with the first para re 54-46 but not sure it's as bad as 60-40 recently in your favour apart from maybe the last 2 years. I've always maintained that the support is 50/50 in Edinburgh but the number of Jambos in West and Midlothian mean you have slightly larger support base.

Given last season was in my opinion Hibs worst ever, our crowds this season have held up well.

Ray_
16-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I agree, but i'm not worried at all about us being back down there. I also disagree about having 2 unconvincing recent wins. I enjoyed them both, we took our chances in both games when they came along, the opposition didn't.

Its becoming a habit to look at the negative side of everything with some folk, you could have said we battled well to win both those games, and we were very unlucky not to win against the dons, but that does not sound right does it Ray?

I enjoyed the last few minutes of the Hearts game because it looked as though we could hang on to a result, which so many recent times has been beyond us, but the standard, from both teams was third rate.

the St Johnsone game was totally dire and if that is the depth we have plunged, to call that enjoyable [result apart] then I really fear for us, I've seen non league games with better quality.

Alfred E Newman
16-12-2012, 06:38 PM

You are right in most of what you say. The supporters are realistic enough to know that things are not going to change at the club overnight but when Petrie came out with his crowd statement after the Inverness game it had the opposite effect. Saying that crowds had to increase by 2 or 3 thousand per game if we want to compete with clubs like Inverness who struggle to get 3000 through the gates on a Saturday, it doesn't exactly fill you with optimism.

blackpoolhibs
16-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I enjoyed the last few minutes of the Hearts game because it looked as though we could hang on to a result, which so many recent times has been beyond us, but the standard, from both teams was third rate.

the St Johnsone game was totally dire and if that is the depth we have plunged, to call that enjoyable [result apart] then I really fear for us, I've seen non league games with better quality.

The quality on show in Scotland is a different argument though, there's plenty of reasons why thats the case, if you are not interested in it, and only interested in putting it down, why bother?

Like you i grew up watching a completely different game to what i see today, i thought we'd win something or at least reach finals and qualify for europe every season, but thats not the case is it?

So when we are in better shape, and fighting it out at the right end of the table, why not take the lemon out your mouth, smile and enjoy it, you never know you might like it? :wink:

Mr White
16-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Quality might be poor but there's no doubting the excitement in the spl this season, great comebacks and high scoring games with the table tighter than ever.

basehibby
16-12-2012, 06:47 PM
And could get back to decent next week. In fact yesterday we were decent by all accounts in the 1st half. The guys on HI said we went in at Half Time deservedly in front.

We have had a very thin squad, one thats been hit with injuries to crucial players. They have dug out some decent results with the fringe players in, but they were beginning to show why they are fringe players recently.

2 of them came back yesterday, 1 started and 1 came on. Ok we did not get the result we wanted, but we are getting players back, and our team will be stronger in the long run for that.

We need to keep the faith and get behind the team, you'd hardly think it but believe it or not this is whats classed as a good season so far.

:top marksI can scarcely believe how many FAINTHEARTS we have in our support going by the sort of comments that regularly crop up on here in the aftermath of a poor result.

I use that term advisedly - cup final result be damned! We were watching a bunch of relegation strugglers in that final - I remember seeing a good Hibs side under Collins rip a decent Killie side a new erse by the same scoreline. I'd be very surprised if as many drama queens in the Killie support flew off in a huff about that - sure it was against Hearts but them's the breaks - at least we got there - if we didn't the club would certainly have lost c£2M rather than £1M last season.

As you say we have a paper thin squad at the mo who IMO did well to stay near the top end of the league and to avenge THAT cup result while missing 3 key players for a period of 2 months or so. It is not in the least bit surprising to any objective observer that there have been some poor results along the way.

To improve on that we need bums on seats to provide Fenlon with a decent budget to work with in the NY - if we don't get that then we will get exactly what we deserve collectively as a support.

To clarify: mediocre apathetic support will very likely = the same on the field of play

Full houses and passionate atmosphere = fulfilled potential - passionate displays.

The above of course depends on having the right man in the managerial hotseat - I believe that we have and would love to see him given the chance to deliver the later as oposed to the former.

Ray_
16-12-2012, 06:52 PM
The quality on show in Scotland is a different argument though, there's plenty of reasons why thats the case, if you are not interested in it, and only interested in putting it down, why bother?

Like you i grew up watching a completely different game to what i see today, i thought we'd win something or at least reach finals and qualify for europe every season, but thats not the case is it?

So when we are in better shape, and fighting it out at the right end of the table, why not take the lemon out your mouth, smile and enjoy it, you never know you might like it? :wink:

Have you been sleep walking your way through the thread, it is about exactly that, people not bothering and therefore not turning up for games & one of the main reasons for that is the quality!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-12-2012, 07:06 PM
So the way it works then is that the big crowds come first, and then the improvement of the fare on show comes after that? i can't think of any other outfit involved in professional sport that would put that forward as a credible business plan.

DH1875
16-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Didn't go yesterday. Couldn't be arsed and that's even with a season ticket. Got a lot on as going away so won't be at the Celtic game either. Bloody season tickets paying for its self eh :boo hoo:. Still never mind. At least I'll see a proper game next Saturday, Malaga vs Real. Not bloody cheap though :fuming:.

basehibby
16-12-2012, 07:23 PM
The Inverness result along with the heavy defeat at Dundee have brought home to many that maybe we are not as near to having a successfull side as some think. The size of the task facing Pat Fenlon was immense and he has made great improvements to the side but unfortunately many of the better players brought in in the summer are not ours and could be leaving shortly. If they do go no doubt it will be more loanees coming in and supporters can visualise the inevitable transitional period till they bed in.
I find Petries attempt at Hearts style emotional blackmail a bit below the belt given that , other than the promoted clubs, Hibs with are probably the only club in the league with increased attendances. This in itself is remarkable given what the supporters have had to suffer in the last few years. The Hearts cup victory was brilliant and gave the fans a great day out for once , even if we did ride our luck., but the bottom line is , the football is not good and asking folks to pay £22 to watch the goalkeeper punt the ball up the park for 90min is not everyones cup of tea.

How is stating the facts emotional blackmail?

FACT: Hibs lost £1M last season - probably would have been £2M without a run to the cup final.

FACT: If attendances don't improve on current levels we will see similar losses this season.

FACT: Such losses are unsustainable on an annual basis

FACT: If income fails to rise then cuts will have to be made to ensure the future well-being of the club

FACT: Like all SPL clubs, Hibs income is dependant on fans turing up at the gate.

So - all Petrie has done is state the bald facts - if he hadn't done this he would be blatantly failing in his duties as the chairman and main spokesman of Hibs. Yes the attendance has increased fractionally on last season but it's evidently not enough to cover the current budget. Ergo, if more fans don't show then cuts will have to be made.

That's the truth and IMO it has not been hammered home nearly enough - if it was then maybe some folk who claim to care about the success of Hibernian FC would get over their blob-strops and start showing up at ER again to support the club.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-12-2012, 07:50 PM
What is also factual is that the only business that can successfully bully money out of people are protection rackets run by gangsters.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2012, 08:05 PM
How is stating the facts emotional blackmail?

FACT: Hibs lost £1M last season - probably would have been £2M without a run to the cup final.

FACT: If attendances don't improve on current levels we will see similar losses this season.

FACT: Such losses are unsustainable on an annual basis

FACT: If income fails to rise then cuts will have to be made to ensure the future well-being of the club

FACT: Like all SPL clubs, Hibs income is dependant on fans turing up at the gate.

So - all Petrie has done is state the bald facts - if he hadn't done this he would be blatantly failing in his duties as the chairman and main spokesman of Hibs. Yes the attendance has increased fractionally on last season but it's evidently not enough to cover the current budget. Ergo, if more fans don't show then cuts will have to be made.

That's the truth and IMO it has not been hammered home nearly enough - if it was then maybe some folk who claim to care about the success of Hibernian FC would get over their blob-strops and start showing up at ER again to support the club.

True - all factual, and I am sure the cuts will continue in the form of non-playing operating costs and the team also. The Board will have to re-profile the debt, and seek additional funds also IMHO as Board have saddled the club with a cost base that is simply far too high for the (declining) market Hibs are in. I doubt RP will 'hammer home' that fact too often.

Speedy
16-12-2012, 08:57 PM

Outside of the old firm nobody has consistently finished in the top 4 (since we went to 12 clubs).

Success means that the best players, and managers, move on to better things and it takes time to replace them without the resources to buy ready replacements.

Absolutely, we can do better but we need to be realistic.

Lucius Apuleius
17-12-2012, 06:22 AM
A lot of feckn drama queens about if you ask me (not that anybody has)

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Have you been sleep walking your way through the thread, it is about exactly that, people not bothering and therefore not turning up for games & one of the main reasons for that is the quality!

And whats clear is you would rather concentrate on the bad results than the good ones. This season is much better, and the team HAS played decent at times.

Yet the 1st chance you and others get to rip into the team, because we have the cheek to have slipped to 4th you are right in.

There's a lot of good things happening at the club just now, but you are more interested in the past than the future. :confused:

Leithenhibby
17-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Embarrassing.

Or the ones moaning like mad when they don't get final tickets or such like.

Disgraceful doesn't even cover it.

Outside Parkhead it was the biggest crowd and you may not like it but the fact is "Christmas" is just days away!.. :tin hat:

Even the EPL are not turning the fans away as you look at some of the smaller clubs, who are punching above their weight. Still seats to be had. :agree:

We may not like that fact that such a small crowd showed up but that is all down to the SPL being over priced for the product.................... I know that I can't afford to just jump in the car with my boys and spend close on £60/70 for a "Football" game. Those days are gone for me and many others, it is what it is.......... :wink:

HH81
17-12-2012, 09:45 AM
I noticed empty seats at stoke this weekend, not seen that before. Crowds will always fall at this time of the year.

JimBHibees
17-12-2012, 10:06 AM
And whats clear is you would rather concentrate on the bad results than the good ones. This season is much better, and the team HAS played decent at times.

Yet the 1st chance you and others get to rip into the team, because we have the cheek to have slipped to 4th you are right in.

There's a lot of good things happening at the club just now, but you are more interested in the past than the future. :confused:

Great post. :greengrin

SlickShoes
17-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Embarrassing.

Spent all my money on a half season ticket, so away and take a long walk off a short pier mate.

LancashireHibby
17-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Even the EPL are not turning the fans away as you look at some of the smaller clubs, who are punching above their weight. Still seats to be had. :agree:
Not just the smaller clubs. Seats have gone on general sale at Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal for recent home games.

TheEastTerrace
17-12-2012, 11:18 AM
There were definitely seats available at St.James Park for NUFC vs. City

Leithenhibby
17-12-2012, 11:44 AM
I noticed empty seats at stoke this weekend, not seen that before. Crowds will always fall at this time of the year.

Not just the smaller clubs. Seats have gone on general sale at Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal for recent home games.

:agree: 100%

We all want ER packed to the rafters, but that ain't going to happen any time soon.

With the mess that the SPL/SFA have make with Old/Newco, plus the J****s still hanging on with their fingertips after "cheating" for so long, you cant expect fans just to suck it as though nothing has happened. The game in Scotland is in freefall and if not stopped soon then we all know what the outcome will be..............

lyonhibs
17-12-2012, 12:22 PM
:agree: 100%

We all want ER packed to the rafters, but that ain't going to happen any time soon.

With the mess that the SPL/SFA have make with Old/Newco, plus the J****s still hanging on with their fingertips after "cheating" for so long, you cant expect fans just to suck it as though nothing has happened. The game in Scotland is in freefall and if not stopped soon then we all know what the outcome will be..............

Do we??

Leithenhibby
17-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Do we??

I didn't mean literally, but we are all good at coming to our own assumptions and I'm no different :wink:

FifeHibernian
17-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I've got to laugh at some of this bedwetting:greengrin
We've lost TWO consecutive games. With some of our best players only just returning from injury.
Fenlon has done enough to show he knows what he's doing.

Some of the bedwetting is embarrassing. I reckon we'll pick up soon and finish in the top 3

Mac
17-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Said the same thing on Saturday as the game kicked off about it being embarrassing before being rounded on by the guys sitting on ther fat erse behind a PC, some irony in that really!!!

Sure I will follow up the conversation at a home match with them, oh wait maybe no, ach well computer it is maybe while they aint listening on the radio or watching highlights on line!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2012, 07:02 PM
The 2nd happy clapper v doom and gloom thread in just over a week, always fun!

bruno
17-12-2012, 08:26 PM

there were 3 schools from Edinburgh who went down to Newcastle game that all had free tickets

matty_f
17-12-2012, 08:47 PM

:top marks I think you've made this point a few times now and I agree totally. Hibs get sweet f.a. credit for the wins, but get absolutely hammered for the defeats. Someone asked why Motherwell were much better than us on this thread, forget the fact that if we aggregated the scores this season we're 6-3 up and only in the last couple of games have they gone above us in the league (and we were only Saturday's result away from reversing that!).

St Johnstone got a mention too, score the last time we played them? We won, 1-0.
pfolk point to lucky wins but won't acknowledge unlucky defeats - if we had drawn against Aberdeen it'd have been an injustice, never mind losing the game.

We are 4th and on the heels of the teams above, we just knocked the yams out the cup, and let's not forget that we were deservedly 2-0 up on Saturday and arguably should have been further ahead. Of course we shouldn't have collapsed the way we did, it was terrible, but it wasn't even a terrible 90 minutes.

But again we see a thread with lots of familiar names using every argument possible to justify why supporting the team is a bad idea.

yeezus.
17-12-2012, 08:50 PM

:agree: I'm surprised - not used to seeing that at Stoke.

BroxburnHibee
17-12-2012, 08:58 PM
:top marks I think you've made this point a few times now and I agree totally. Hibs get sweet f.a. credit for the wins, but get absolutely hammered for the defeats. Someone asked why Motherwell were much better than us on this thread, forget the fact that if we aggregated the scores this season we're 6-3 up and only in the last couple of games have they gone above us in the league (and we were only Saturday's result away from reversing that!).

St Johnstone got a mention too, score the last time we played them? We won, 1-0.
pfolk point to lucky wins but won't acknowledge unlucky defeats - if we had drawn against Aberdeen it'd have been an injustice, never mind losing the game.

We are 4th and on the heels of the teams above, we just knocked the yams out the cup, and let's not forget that we were deservedly 2-0 up on Saturday and arguably should have been further ahead. Of course we shouldn't have collapsed the way we did, it was terrible, but it wasn't even a terrible 90 minutes.

But again we see a thread with lots of familiar names using every argument possible to justify why supporting the team is a bad idea.

Agree with your last point matty but my anger with this thread was people using comments like embarassing, disgusting and horrific to describe the support when clearly it was anything but.

Mac
17-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Agree with your last point matty but my anger with this thread was people using comments like embarassing, disgusting and horrific to describe the support when clearly it was anything but.

Why wasnt it embarassing? I personally thought it was looking out over a half empty stadium on a Saturday at 3pm when there was an opportunity to go 2nd , im sick of the bleeting and excuses, the only way the club/team will improve is if half the people who turn up for the BIG matches made an effort to get along to a few more!!

Hearts are looking at around 15k for most games and look where they are, why shouldnt people ask the questions, these same people will argue until they are blue in the face that Hibs are the big team from behind their keyboard.

Look over the support we had against Hearts, support at Hampden etc etc, if we are to continue the way we have this season then the manager needs the funding to do it.

Not asking people to make every game, if the people who attended the games above managed 4 other games a season based on around 30k suppoerters i dont really need to point out the math and the massive revenue streams from that.

clerriehibs
17-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Why wasnt it embarassing? I personally thought it was looking out over a half empty stadium on a Saturday at 3pm when there was an opportunity to go 2nd , im sick of the bleeting and excuses, the only way the club/team will improve is if half the people who turn up for the BIG matches made an effort to get along to a few more!!

Hearts are looking at around 15k for most games and look where they are, why shouldnt people ask the questions, these same people will argue until they are blue in the face that Hibs are the big team from behind their keyboard.

Look over the support we had against Hearts, support at Hampden etc etc, if we are to continue the way we have this season then the manager needs the funding to do it.

Not asking people to make every game, if the people who attended the games above managed 4 other games a season based on around 30k suppoerters i dont really need to point out the math and the massive revenue streams from that.

I'd rather RP didn't come out and tell us the club was about to close, our next game might be our last game, blah blah, to achieve a few thousand one-offs on the gate.

HibbyRod
17-12-2012, 09:50 PM

Spot on Mac!!!! :agree:

Too many excuses for not supporting the team when the chips are down and we need "the backing" on the day!

allezsauzee
17-12-2012, 09:54 PM
809 fans at St Johnstone's game tonight...now that is embarrassing!

BroxburnHibee
17-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Its embarassing that we had the second highest crowd in Scotland that day and as for using the yams situation as a yardstick for our crowds - completely ridiculous.

You may be embarassed - that doesn't make it embarassing IMO.

shetlandhibee
17-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Have to laugh at this - "disgraceful" :hilarious
Why would u laugh at "disgraceful" is was a horrific attendance, for how we're doin this year we won the derby a few weeks ago, were 4th in the league 3 points off second and solid, consistent lowly rising attendances this season witch is gd. But when we need more some people can't be bothered because we've lost a few games lately.

Especially when we're trying to get money to tie up some top quality players. You would expect more from certain people. :shocked:

Fantic
17-12-2012, 11:01 PM
I've been to 3 games this season. Last one was the derby and my mate has got me a ticket for Tynecastle.

Sorry about that.

JOD
18-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Not a problem for me fello Hibees

There is life outside football and family will always first with me.

Her indoors wants me to shopping 1nce a year.

And beside Hibs only count who goes through Turnstile on the day.

Other teams eg.,(Celtic) count all season ticket holders as attending.

Actual bodies at Parkhead Sat -30k

So Lets all chill about this one.

Hail Hail

:hibees

frazeHFC
18-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Was shocked how bad the attendance was, at first assumed it was only about 2:15 when i got in but it was actually about 10 too! :eek: As mentioned those who didn't go will be pleased, after they got their first the rest of the game was murder to watch...

Lucius Apuleius
18-12-2012, 04:15 AM
Said the same thing on Saturday as the game kicked off about it being embarrassing before being rounded on by the guys sitting on ther fat erse behind a PC, some irony in that really!!!

Sure I will follow up the conversation at a home match with them, oh wait maybe no, ach well computer it is maybe while they aint listening on the radio or watching highlights on line!!!

Not 100% sure if this is directed at me however I was one of these guys who questioned why it is embarrassing. Having been in many embarrassing situations in my life I can assure you sitting in a football stadium with a low crowd is anything but embarrassing. Now to the other points. :greengrin. I have a spreading midriff I cannot deny, mostly caused by Guinness and drugs (prescription ones) however a fat erse is not anything I can be accused of. I unfortunately cannot get it on radio because I am out of the country you see and BBC do not allow me to listen to it. My internet connection is also too poor to allow me to stream it, an unfortuanate side effect of being in the middle of the Niger Delta, so indeed text updates from Hibs net is my preferred manner of keeping up with the scores, something I have done, and appreciated since the days of Erin.web, remember them? However, I do go to every game I can. I have managed two home games this season so far. I will be at a game in January but have not yet checked the fixture list to see what home games there are. St. Mirren kind of sticks in my head. Feel free to come and discuss, I will be in the Iona pre game and then I will be in EE109, that is my season ticket seat, in the East.

Mac
18-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Its embarassing that we had the second highest crowd in Scotland that day and as for using the yams situation as a yardstick for our crowds - completely ridiculous.

You may be embarassed - that doesn't make it embarassing IMO.

So your using the same yardstick by saying we had the 2nd biggest crowd?? oh thats ok then, under 9k for a game as big as the one on Saturday is embarassing in any way you want to look at it, if you think that is exceptable then that is the mentality that will not take us forward, im sure you were one of those who voted for derhun to be booted out and read the financial implications attached, sadly looks as though many were full o wind and pish!!

No it really does for a club and a support who harp on about wanting to achieve greater things as a football club, its night and day from the last 4-5 years and yet people still cant make an effort and we still make excuses.

Mac
18-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Not 100% sure if this is directed at me however I was one of these guys who questioned why it is embarrassing. Having been in many embarrassing situations in my life I can assure you sitting in a football stadium with a low crowd is anything but embarrassing. Now to the other points. :greengrin. I have a spreading midriff I cannot deny, mostly caused by Guinness and drugs (prescription ones) however a fat erse is not anything I can be accused of. I unfortunately cannot get it on radio because I am out of the country you see and BBC do not allow me to listen to it. My internet connection is also too poor to allow me to stream it, an unfortuanate side effect of being in the middle of the Niger Delta, so indeed text updates from Hibs net is my preferred manner of keeping up with the scores, something I have done, and appreciated since the days of Erin.web, remember them? However, I do go to every game I can. I have managed two home games this season so far. I will be at a game in January but have not yet checked the fixture list to see what home games there are. St. Mirren kind of sticks in my head. Feel free to come and discuss, I will be in the Iona pre game and then I will be in EE109, that is my season ticket seat, in the East.

Well if you had a pop then it was a sideswipe at yersel to a certain extent, although more to the people who make little or no effort and for every game give the running commentary from their PC while hearing the faint ER noise throgh the window, would appear it cant really be aimed at you considering you arent in the Country.

Like myself who do make the effort as a ST holder I will grant you the same democratic right as anyone else who puts their hand in their pocket for all games and not just cherry pick the 'big' games or even those who try to get along to a few through the season, just fed up of the guys who make the most noise and are the biggest critics, yet they dont make any effort and rather sit on the PC seeing who can update the quickest.

Well im in West and can be found in various establishments although since buying my laddie a ST im usually restricted to BTG.

Gatecrasher
18-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Was shocked how bad the attendance was, at first assumed it was only about 2:15 when i got in but it was actually about 10 too! :eek: As mentioned those who didn't go will be pleased, after they got their first the rest of the game was murder to watch...
I got in the Stadium around the same time and wondered where everyone was.
It's a disapointing attendance especially with the league position and pumping them out the cup. Our support seems really fragile & fickle at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I never made the game on Saturday, and the reason was i had a very heavy night on the booze.

Am i embarrassed, not in the slightest, i am surprised though that folk are embarrassed about the crowd?

Can i ask those who are embarrassed, just why they are embarrassed?

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Have people forgotten what time of year it is? Priorities and other commitments, financial or otherwise need no excusing at any time of the year but the burden is heavier on many folk around Christmas. A damn good hangover also comes in to the same catergory.

Beefster
18-12-2012, 09:05 AM

Do you get embarrassed when you nip to the local Co-op for a loaf of bread and you're the only customer?

I get embarrassed when I make a tit of myself. I can't say I've ever been embarrassed by what other folk, the vast majority of whom I don't know, do.

Ray_
18-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Well if you had a pop then it was a sideswipe at yersel to a certain extent, although more to the people who make little or no effort and for every game give the running commentary from their PC while hearing the faint ER noise throgh the window, would appear it cant really be aimed at you considering you arent in the Country.

Like myself who do make the effort as a ST holder I will grant you the same democratic right as anyone else who puts their hand in their pocket for all games and not just cherry pick the 'big' games or even those who try to get along to a few through the season, just fed up of the guys who make the most noise and are the biggest critics, yet they dont make any effort and rather sit on the PC seeing who can update the quickest.

Well im in West and can be found in various establishments although since buying my laddie a ST im usually restricted to BTG.

Why have threads like this if you don't want the ones who choose not to go, for whatever reason, to not say why they aren't going? Do you not think that would defeat the object of these type of threads :confused:

#FromTheCapital
18-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I never made the game on Saturday, and the reason was i had a very heavy night on the booze.

Am i embarrassed, not in the slightest, i am surprised though that folk are embarrassed about the crowd?

Can i ask those who are embarrassed, just why they are embarrassed?

Well we have a 20,000 capacity stadium that we cant even get 50% full for a start, doesn't look very good when there are more green seats than people.

Then we have noises coming from the club asking fans to back the team or cuts are going to be made, the very next game we have our lowest(?) or at least one of our lowest attendances of the season.

I understand peoples reasons for not going especially at this time of year. I'm not having a go as such but thats why some might find it slightly embarrasing.

TrinityHibs
18-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Just to let you know I will not be there on Boxing Day as I am taking my mother home after Christmas. She has pretty well no vision so I am going to have to sort out her food shopping and make sure she is settled in before I come back to Edinburgh. Apologies if this causes anyone any embarrassment.

The Modfather
18-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Maybe a lot of folk are more interested in the entertainment value rather than the results. We are awfull to watch most games win lose or draw, not a lot of entertainment being served up, which applies to most of the league and at £22 odd a go for the privilege.

£25 for the derby in a game that was a crime to football is a prime example. Sadly I don't have the same enthusiasm for Hibs as I once did, but I value my Saturday afternoon and want to enjoy it. Grinding out results and league places isn't necessarily what will get me back again.

Bukta#8
18-12-2012, 10:51 AM

Do not fret we will have large numbers on the 26th and 29th tradition has it that crowds are crap the last 2 weeks b4 Xmas

Lucius Apuleius
18-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Do not fret we will have large numbers on the 26th and 29th tradition has it that crowds are crap the last 2 weeks b4 Xmas

You won't get your post count up that easily sonny. :wink::greengrin

Bukta#8
18-12-2012, 01:24 PM
You won't get your post count up that easily sonny. :wink::greengrin

How many do I need to qualify for the champions league?

Lucius Apuleius
18-12-2012, 01:46 PM
How many do I need to qualify for the champions league?

Not sure, Hibs have never played in it.

jakki
18-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I admit that I am a " part timer". I only go to games in the warmer weather at the start and end of the season. No I didn't go as a glory hunter to the Final as I don't like the walk back to the supporters' bus.:wink: I did manage to go to 6 home games last season and so far 5 games this season.

Am I embarassed? No- When I bought my STs for last and this season, I knew that for health reasons, I would miss a whole batch of games in the winter months. I wanted to support Hibs finiancially by buying STs rather than being a walk up supporter which would have been cheaper.

My empty seat which has embarassed many on here was paid for but unfortunately I couldn't go. I would have loved to have been there in person rather than listening to the game on the radio.

Famous5forever
18-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Petries rallying cry made it clear he needs around 13k at every home game or he is having to cut 1 million from the budget the problem is the last 2 years have been dire and a lot of fans stopped going and just get out the routine they find other things to do.
In hindsight increasing our stadiums capacity was not a good idea but its done now, we have the chance of another good Scottish Cup run and if we get back to early season form crowds will increase as we push for 2nd spot in the league and Europe this aceivement would stop the drastic cuts that petrie is threatening to do.

Scouse Hibee
18-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I admit that I am a " part timer". I only go to games in the warmer weather at the start and end of the season. No I didn't go as a glory hunter to the Final as I don't like the walk back to the supporters' bus.:wink: I did manage to go to 6 home games last season and so far 5 games this season.

Am I embarassed? No- When I bought my STs for last and this season, I knew that for health reasons, I would miss a whole batch of games in the winter months. I wanted to support Hibs finiancially by buying STs rather than being a walk up supporter which would have been cheaper.

My empty seat which has embarassed many on here was paid for but unfortunately I couldn't go. I would have loved to have been there in person rather than listening to the game on the radio.

Sorry Jakki but that's just not good enough, how dare you think paying for a ST that you hardly use affords you preferential treatment from the special fans. :greengrin :thumbsup:

clerriehibs
18-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Not sure, Hibs have never played in it.

Depends how you view it ... if you think that it's just another name for the competition to find the champion club side of Europe, as I do, then "oh yes we have!"

basehibby
18-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Well - amidst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here there have been some good points made. It WAS a poor crowd on saturday but before we start calling it embarassing lets look at the facts:

Coming up to Xmas
Flu doing the rounds
On a crap run

In reality, all of the above would take a chip out of most supports - I'd hope that will be reversed in the two fixtures between Xmas and NY though when loads of folk will be off work - back in Edinburgh etc.

I'd appeal to some who have been complaining about the standard of football etc. to remember where we were this time last year, look at where we are now, acknowledge the progress and accept that the change has largely been brought about through adding grit and resilience as opposed to silky football (although that has not been entirely absent either!).

The chairman has been straight with the support in stating that every penny that comes through the gates will end up in PF's kitty - ergo the ball is in our court. DON'T take it as an insult FFS just take it on board! We all have our part to play - lets quit moaning and do it the best we can.

Baldy Foghorn
18-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Well - amidst all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here there have been some good points made. It WAS a poor crowd on saturday but before we start calling it embarassing lets look at the facts:

Coming up to Xmas
Flu doing the rounds
On a crap run

In reality, all of the above would take a chip out of most supports - I'd hope that will be reversed in the two fixtures between Xmas and NY though when loads of folk will be off work - back in Edinburgh etc.

I'd appeal to some who have been complaining about the standard of football etc. to remember where we were this time last year, look at where we are now, acknowledge the progress and accept that the change has largely been brought about through adding grit and resilience as opposed to silky football (although that has not been entirely absent either!).

The chairman has been straight with the support in stating that every penny that comes through the gates will end up in PF's kitty - ergo the ball is in our court. DON'T take it as an insult FFS just take it on board! We all have our part to play - lets quit moaning and do it the best we can.

Spot on.......:agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2012, 09:18 PM

Coming up to Xmas
Flu doing the rounds
On a crap run

I agree with every word, although i think you are wasting your time with some, especially those who hardly come to any games and also those stuck in the 70's.

Lucius Apuleius
19-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Depends how you view it ... if you think that it's just another name for the competition to find the champion club side of Europe, as I do, then "oh yes we have!"

:greengrin That is the same as saying Sevco is Oldco.

Ray_
19-12-2012, 06:31 AM
I agree with every word, although i think you are wasting your time with some, especially those who hardly come to any games and also those stuck in the 70's.

yeah its a bitch that some want entertainment for their cash, its not always been like that, oh, wait a minute............

Gatecrasher
19-12-2012, 06:46 AM
yeah its a bitch that some want entertainment for their cash, its not always been like that, oh, wait a minute............

The games iv been at this season have mostly been entertaining :confused:

marinello59
19-12-2012, 07:21 AM

Yeap. Easter road has been a much better place to visit this season. I can't see how anybody would suggest otherwise.

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2012, 07:31 AM

I have a season ticket in the east stand, and for most of this season i have been entertained. oh wait a minute.............. :confused:

Ray_
19-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I have a season ticket in the east stand, and for most of this season i have been entertained. oh wait a minute.............. :confused:

I'm pleased for you Gary, but there are enough people that doesn't share that view, to have an impact on attendances & presumably that was the whole point of this thread.

No amount of snide comments about other fans attendance habits or acceptable performance standards will change the crux of the problem and that is performance levels, up that and the attendance will go up, as its [nearly] always done, its not rocket science.

Ray_
19-12-2012, 09:27 AM

The home crowds grew from game to game, did they not? But since then, during the last six games, there has been only one good performance, where we got beat & so the crowd goes down again. its no coincidence.