McGivern
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Claros
Taiwo
Cairney

Doyle
Griffiths

That's the team I'd go for... It'll be interesting to see how we bounce back from last week.

:pfgwa

Col2
14-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I think he will move Mcgivern to left back and bring in mcpake.

andrew70
14-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Wotherspoon
Claros
Taiwo
Cairney

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Deegan
Caldwell
Handling
Sproule
Murdoch
Stevenson
Horribine

FromTheCapital
14-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I think he will move Mcgivern to left back and bring in mcpake.
I think that is what Paddy will do aswell but I've been to every Hibs game I've been able to this season and I think that Stevenson has been stronger than Hanlon. Not disagreeing with you at all as I think you're probably right.

davhibby
14-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I'd rather Clancy was back than mcpake...been a more important player this season imo

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Would be VERY VERY difficult for Fenlon to drop Stevenson

Williams Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson

Cairney Claros Deegan Taiwo
Doyle Griffiths

I cannot see McPake starting seeing as he has been out for that long with such a tricky injury. Might come on with 20 to go for Hanlon/Stevenson but that would be it. Break him in easy!

Hibby 2005
14-12-2012, 07:25 PM

Williams Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson

Doyle Griffiths

I cannot see McPake starting seeing as he has been out for that long with such a tricky injury. Might come on with 20 to go for Hanlon/Stevenson but that would be it. Break him in easy!

If McPake is fit he'll play and Stevenson will be dropped.

Mr White
14-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Difficult one tomorrow, well have pace down both wings and higdon making a nuisance of himself in the middle. It'll be a tough task for the defence whatever the line-up, I think mcpake might be on the bench.

scoopyboy
14-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I think that is what Paddy will do aswell but I've been to every Hibs game I've been able to this season and I think that Stevenson has been stronger than Hanlon. Not disagreeing with you at all as I think you're probably right.

What exactly is Stevenson stronger than Hanlon at?

IMO Hanlon has been better than McPake this season.

givescotlandfreedom
14-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Fenlon could put McPake at centre half, McGivern at left back and put Lewis in with Claros in the middle.

AlbertK86
14-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I think he will start the following eleven but mabe have mcgivern at LB. i would rather he stayed central as he is far more composed than Hanlon

Williams

Maybury
McPake
McGivern
Hanlon

Spoon
Taiwo
Claros
Cairney

Griffiths
Doyle

Subs

Murdoch
Stevenson
Deegan
Stanton
Caldwell
Kuqi
Handling

Don't think Deegan will start due to lack of fitness

Hopefully Sproule left back in dressing room

Think Kuqi will be on bench but would rather Handling

3-1 Hibs

down-the-slope
14-12-2012, 09:06 PM
What exactly is Stevenson stronger than Hanlon at?

IMO Hanlon has been better than McPake this season.
:agree::agree: he has

What I would like is a 3 at the back so that we can still have 2 up top without getting outnumbered in midfield.

What I think might happen

........................Williams

Maybury ....MacPake ..Hanlon ....McGivern

Spoony ......Claros .....Deegan ...Stevenson

......................Cairney

.......................Sparky

Diclonius
14-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Williams

Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern

Wotherspoon Deegan Claros Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

Northernhibee
14-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Wotherspoon
Claros
Cairney
Doyle

Griffiths
Caldwell

Subs: Murdoch, Stevenson, Sproule, Taiwo, Kuqi, Handling, Deegan

Piqué
14-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Deegan could start IMO. When we first signed him I don't think he'd had a pre-season and he was thrown straight in against Hearts. He'll be back to square one with regards to fitness so what's to stop Pat doing the same again?

down-the-slope
14-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Deegan could start IMO. When we first signed him I don't think he'd had a pre-season and he was thrown straight in against Hearts. He'll be back to square one with regards to fitness so what's to stop Pat doing the same again?

Its his Jaw that was broken not his legs :confused:..might not be match sharp but his fitness should be fine..or he / coaching staff need a boot up the erchie

Piqué
14-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Its his Jaw that was broken not his legs :confused:..might not be match sharp but his fitness should be fine..or he / coaching staff need a boot up the erchie
Yeah sorry, sharp was more the word I was looking for. Normally if a player was just back from injury you would want to easy him into games gently but I think we have missed Deegan's presence in the midfield so there is a good chance he will be thrown straight back in - sharp or not sharp :greengrin

down-the-slope
14-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah sorry, sharp was more the word I was looking for. Normally if a player was just back from injury you would want to easy him into games gently but I think we have missed Deegan's presence in the midfield so there is a good chance he will be thrown straight back in - sharp or not sharp :greengrin

:aok:

Maybe one of those Cech head guards on ? a clash of heads / faces would not be great

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-12-2012, 10:30 PM
---------------Williams---------------

Maybury--McPake--Hanlon--McGivern

--Spoony--Claros--Deegan--Touwie--

-----------------Cairney----------------

-----------------Griffiths---------------

Wotherspiniesta
14-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Have we no got anyone better to play at right back?

Not just because he's an ex-yam, but I think Maybury is crap.

hibsbollah
14-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Williams

Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern

Wotherspoon Deegan Claros Cairney

Doyle Griffiths

Thats my team :agree:
Our strongest XI, with the exception of Clancy.
Ojamaa is a superb player, was very good at the 0-4 game and id like to see someone mark him throughout. McGivern is far better than Humphreys or that jamaican dude
on the right wing.

We'll win tomorrow :agree:

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Thinking about this again...

What about a 3-5-2?

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Wotherspoon Stevenson Wing backs

Claros Deegan Taiwo

Doyle Griffiths

Would that work?

number9dream
14-12-2012, 11:13 PM

What about a 3-5-2?

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Claros Deegan Taiwo

Doyle Griffiths

Would that work?

That's a very strong back three but I'm not sure we have anyone in the wing-back mould.
Wotherspoon doesn't have the engine, Clancy is pretty slow and Stevenson is not the best going forward.
Callum Booth might be the closest we have and he's not even with us this season.
Bring back Agathe and Laursen!!

frazeHFC
14-12-2012, 11:15 PM

Williams
Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson

Doyle Griffiths

Why? Thought he was very poor at Inverness, and McGivern is a much much better left back. If McPake is back then should be McPake and Hanlon at CB and McGivern left back imo. Our defence looked much better earlier in the season Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern...really hope Clancy and McPake get and stay fit, and we can extend the loan of McGivern.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-12-2012, 11:33 PM

What about a 3-5-2?

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Claros Deegan Taiwo

Doyle Griffiths

Would that work?

Like the idea, but can't drop Cairney.

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 11:33 PM
That's a very strong back three but I'm not sure we have anyone in the wing-back mould.
Wotherspoon doesn't have the engine, Clancy is pretty slow and Stevenson is not the best going forward.
Callum Booth might be the closest we have and he's not even with us this season.
Bring back Agathe and Laursen!!

Agathe? Never played wing back for us... I was thinking Laursen and De La Cruz / Ormen

I agree though that we don't have great wing backs and that is a problem. How would Kujabi do at left wing back? :dizzy::duck::panic:

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Why? Thought he was very poor at Inverness, and McGivern is a much much better left back. If McPake is back then should be McPake and Hanlon at CB and McGivern left back imo. Our defence looked much better earlier in the season Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern...really hope Clancy and McPake get and stay fit, and we can extend the loan of McGivern.

Never saw Inverness if I am honest, couldn't bring myself to watch the highlights. Fenlon has spoken so highly of Stevenson that is all. I think he would do his best to find a place for him.

If McPake is not fully fit I would not be risking him against a Motherwell team that are toiling for goals.

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Like the idea, but can't drop Cairney.

Knew there was someone I missed! Our midfield is pretty strong though you have to admit?!

I would maybe put him in for Deegan if we went this way tomorrow.

I Don't think Pat will ever go 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2 whatever way you look at it) to be honest so probably no point discussing it.

shetlandhibee
14-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Williams

Maybury
mcpake
mcgivern
stevenson

Spoony
Claros
deegan
cairney

Griffiths
doyle

frazeHFC
14-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Williams

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Wotherspoon Taiwo Claros Deegan Cairney

Griffiths Doyle

Think that midfield would do well, and we would attack in numbers, but maybe be a bit vulnerable in defence.

hibs4thecup1988
15-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Williams

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Griffiths Doyle

Think that midfield would do well, and we would attack in numbers, but maybe be a bit vulnerable in defence.

McPake in the Sauzee type role of clearing everything up?

Brightside
15-12-2012, 07:24 AM
McPake in the Sauzee type role of clearing everything up?

Id love them to go 3-5-2 but i cant see it happening. 4-4-2. Hanlon and McPake in the centre and McGivern back out to left back. Despite the normal haters on here Fenlon will not drop Hanlon.

HH81
15-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Mcpake and Deegan can't be thrown straight back in, bench for me.

Will give rest of squad a massivr boost though. M

down-the-slope
15-12-2012, 09:20 AM
:agree::agree: he has

What I would like is a 3 at the back so that we can still have 2 up top without getting outnumbered in midfield.

What about a 3-5-2?

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Claros Deegan Taiwo

Doyle Griffiths

Would that work?

Williams

McPake Hanlon McGivern

Griffiths Doyle

Id love them to go 3-5-2 but i cant see it happening. 4-4-2. Hanlon and McPake in the centre and McGivern back out to left back. Despite the normal haters on here Fenlon will not drop Hanlon.

I see a few are coming round to my way of thinking :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Think McPake will be in with Deegan on the bench and McGivern to left back.

Hibby Kay-Yay
15-12-2012, 11:59 AM
The problem with 3 at the back is the empty space down the wings. Against a team with fast wingers and we'd get pulled all over the place.

hibsbollah
15-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I cant think of a worse formation than 352 for a team that attacks through their wingers, like er, Motherwell does. Dont think Fenlons tried it before anyway so cant see it happening.