PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Cup Tie Date Confirmed (Sunday 3rd Feb, 3:30pm)

3pm
13-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Anyone know?

If we're the Sunday I'd maybe go to Newcastle v Chelsea on the Saturday but obv not if we are playing.

lord bunberry
13-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Anyone know?

If we're the Sunday I'd maybe go to Newcastle v Chelsea on the Saturday but obv not if we are playing.

I don't get back from holiday till Saturday night so im hoping its changed to the Sunday but i can't see it as i think the rangers and Celtic games will be televised

Dalkeith
13-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Anyone know?

dundee utd v rangers sky 12:45 sat 2 feb
dont think bbc get a live game this round

aberdeen v hibs in league is on tv the week before

Bill Milne
13-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Commentator on Tims game last night said Raith v Celtic would be a live game.

Part/Time Supporter
13-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Commentator on Tims game last night said Raith v Celtic would be a live game.

Sky were probably waiting to make sure that Celtic got through. Hibs v Aberdeen would probably have been their fall-back position in case that tie had ended up being Raith v Arbroath.

Big_Franck
13-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Sky were probably waiting to make sure that Celtic got through. Hibs v Aberdeen would probably have been their fall-back position in case that tie had ended up being Raith v Arbroath.

Good. Would much prefer our game to be 3pm on the Saturday anyway. There will no doubt be a good crowd and atmosphere now, and also hopefully another Spoony deflected winner :thumbsup:

Zondervan
14-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Raith v Celtic confirmed on Sunday 1245 on the BBC.

So, unless Sky select another game for the Sunday afternoon, then our game should be 3pm on the Saturday.

andrew70
14-12-2012, 11:51 AM
We're Live on Sky, Sunday 3.30pm kick off

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Better time than the early game but would have much preferred a Sat 3pm game.

Dalkeith
14-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Better time than the early game but would have much preferred a Sat 3pm game.

Aberdeen 2 weeks in a row on a sunday with a long trek to dingwall in between, very hard week

Billy Whizz
14-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Where did you hear this?

Dalkeith
14-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Where did you hear this?

on sfa web site
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=11115

Baldy Foghorn
14-12-2012, 12:14 PM

I hope the crowd is not impacted too much by this. Would be great to have the same amount of hibbies as were at the cup tie with the merricks....

RSS Bot
14-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Aberdeen, Sunday 3 February, kick off 3.30pm

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121214/cup-tie-date-confirmed_2262950_3009694)

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 12:22 PM
More money in the clubs coffers from Sky.

Also an opportunity for reduced prices. Maybe £15 and £5? Get the ground full.

I have the Cup top up anyways but the money from sky would cover any short fall!

Just_Jimmy
14-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Its a complete pain in the arse for fans who go to games. Petrie bangs on about attendance but this is the second biggest problem behind price.

Folk who cant be bothered to go to a scottish cup tie at home, after we put out our rivals which would be at 3pm on a saturday dont deserve to see hibs anyway.

The ONLY way to see hibs should be i person or through an official publication like hibs TV for the expats etc.

That would mean ALL money from games would go to the club.

HH81
14-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Its a complete pain in the arse for fans who go to games. Petrie bangs on about attendance but this is the second biggest problem behind price.

Folk who cant be bothered to go to a scottish cup tie at home, after we put out our rivals which would be at 3pm on a saturday dont deserve to see hibs anyway.

The ONLY way to see hibs should be i person or through an official publication like hibs TV for the expats etc.

That would mean ALL money from games would go to the club.

I trust you will be helping out with my fuel costs from England then :greengrin

Gatecrasher
14-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Watch the Hibees progress then head home to watch Green Bay destroy the Patriots in the Superbowl - Sounds like a plan:aok:

Mikey
14-12-2012, 12:44 PM

I have the Cup top up anyways but the money from sky would cover any short fall!

Motherwell did that for the replay and the crowd was just over 4000.

Frazerbob
14-12-2012, 12:45 PM
The Sheep are already up in arms because there are no trains between Aberdeen and Dundee that day. I had to point out that whenever the games in Aberdeen are moved to a Sunday lunch time (most of the time these days), there are no trains from Edinburgh that arrive in Aberdeen in time for kick off!

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 12:47 PM

But do their season tickets holders get in for free? (Or even a %?)

Also that was a Tuesday freezing cold night. Be interested to see how many dons made the trip? If prices were cut to £15 and £5 I am sure Dons would bring c. 3,000 for a massive cup game.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2012, 12:49 PM

:agree:

100% agreed... with Aberdeen probably having the best away support outside Celtic and at these prices, would probably fill their end. If prices were to be this, fingers crossed the Hibs can fulfill their end of the bargin :duck:. I would go further and make it a tenner for adults! bearing in mind the expense incurred due to the travel of the surrounding games.

Frazerbob
14-12-2012, 12:50 PM
But do their season tickets holders get in for free? (Or even a %?)

Also that was a Tuesday freezing cold night. Be interested to see how many dons made the trip? If prices were cut to £15 and £5 I am sure Dons would bring c. 3,000 for a massive cup game.

Reported up here that 1200 Sheep made the trip.....pretty good effort to be fair!

Pete
14-12-2012, 12:52 PM

You cant compare our fan base with Motherwells.

lugz
14-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone know?

Cheers for the great idea, I'm now going to that game as well! Got the making of a quality (and extremely drunken) weekend.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 01:01 PM
:agree:

100% agreed... with Aberdeen probably having the best away support outside Celtic and at these prices, would probably fill their end. If prices were to be this, fingers crossed the Hibs can fulfill their end of the bargin :duck:. I would go further and make it a tenner for adults! bearing in mind the expense incurred due to the travel of the surrounding games.

I think Hearts might bring more fans to ER than the Sheep.

Whilst prices are too high in Scottish football, not sure that charging 15 quid or less is the answer. I would expect c 12,000 at the game with it being on the tv. We would need quite a big gate increase to make up for lost revenues at those prices. Not realistic.

The club is struggling for cash and if we want to keep or sign decent quality players then we, the fans, need to put up by attending. Have to say that the past three-four seasons have been shockingly wasteful in terms of lost revenues with all the managerial and backroom changes and the sheer numbers of players through the doors.

at

Mikey
14-12-2012, 01:04 PM
The prices might be a wee bit lower than they were for the game against the former (198 days) holders because Hearts will have been wanting to rake in as much as possible from the game, but Prices of £15 and £5 are just fantasy.

It'll be £20 min for an adult, probably more.

People might want to remember the £0.9m loss posted just a few months ago :wink:

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 01:11 PM
I appreciate you are saying regards losses within finaces Mikey. But that is 168k that the club has earned in these two games. IF the crowd was not what was expected then the shortfall would be made up from Sky.

If it was the Saturday at 3pm what do you realistically think the cost would be? 22 and 12? Therefore if we reduce it to 15 and 5 what would be losing really? I don't think a lot.

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 01:18 PM
The prices might be a wee bit lower than they were for the game against the former (198 days) holders because Hearts will have been wanting to rake in as much as possible from the game, but Prices of £15 and £5 are just fantasy.

It'll be £20 min for an adult, probably more.

People might want to remember the £0.9m loss posted just a few months ago :wink:

I think it will be £20 and £10 which would be about right IMO to make a decent return and also get a good crowd.

Mikey
14-12-2012, 01:23 PM
I think it will be £20 and £10 which would be about right IMO to make a decent return and also get a good crowd.

Aye. Or maybe £22 and £12.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 01:29 PM
I appreciate you are saying regards losses within finaces Mikey. But that is 168k that the club has earned in these two games. IF the crowd was not what was expected then the shortfall would be made up from Sky.

If it was the Saturday at 3pm what do you realistically think the cost would be? 22 and 12? Therefore if we reduce it to 15 and 5 what would be losing really? I don't think a lot.

If we lose c 7 quid per ticket through the gate and we would expect at least a crowd of 10,000 (at full price) regardless of it being on tv, is that not a potential loss of around 70,000 pounds? How many more fans do you think a big reduction in price would bring in? Our finances are looking pretty grim from what I can see and we need to maximise our income from our Scottish cup games. Also, would the Sheep be keen on a reduction? Just curious to see how folk think the numbers stack up.

hibIBZ
14-12-2012, 01:40 PM
if its £15 and £5 we might get 15,000 in but a sunday game at that time of the year on the tv and most dont get it on their season ticket at and a big away trip midweek at £22 there wont be many more than 11,000 imo

LancashireHibby
14-12-2012, 01:50 PM
if its £15 and £5 we might get 15,000 in but a sunday game at that time of the year on the tv and most dont get it on their season ticket at and a big away trip midweek at £22 there wont be many more than 11,000 imo
And in that scenario the cheaper prices mean a significant drop in income, even with the bigger crowd.

The Sunday clashes with the opening day of the rugby league season so I've now got a bit of a decision to make!

Twa Cairpets
14-12-2012, 01:57 PM
And in that scenario the cheaper prices mean a significant drop in income, even with the bigger crowd.

The Sunday clashes with the opening day of the rugby league season so I've now got a bit of a decision to make!

I'll help.
Go to see Hibs.
Sorted

DaveF
14-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Woo****inghoo.

Another Sunday game.

Pish.

HH81
14-12-2012, 02:31 PM

Think Cougars are away at Batley.... hmmm

trev the hat
14-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Sheep two weeks in a row on a Sunday, exactly why I cancelled my sky subscription, Scottish cup ties not played on a Sat just don't feel right.

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Sheep two weeks in a row on a Sunday, exactly why I cancelled my sky subscription, Scottish cup ties not played on a Sat just don't feel right.

The one a couple of weeks ago felt ok. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
14-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Think Cougars are away at Batley.... hmmm
Leigh are away to Featherstone. Sick of seeing us being beaten there, but I'd hate to miss us finally managing it....

Just_Jimmy
14-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I trust you will be helping out with my fuel costs from England then :greengrin

I travel as well. Granted not as far as from england but it still 100 mile round trip or so.

I also would bin sky sports sooner than complain about traveling to see hibs.

Moving kick off times shafts the bread and butter fans - the regular attendees.

hibs4thecup1988
14-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I travel as well. Granted not as far as from england but it still 100 mile round trip or so.

Agree totally.

Sunday games are annoying for parents who have kids that play afternoon football. Having said that Saturday Lunchtimes are ridiculous too!

Lets be honest 3pm on a Saturday it should be! Simple as that! The SPL wonder why season tickets are not that high? I personally don't mind what day the games are played but it is a flaming joke we hardly have any Saturday 3pm games anymore, looking forward to tomorrow!

Scouse Hibee
14-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Sunday games and irregular ko times are now as normal as the sacred 3pm ko on a Saturday used to be............Time to get over it and realise that you're an undervalued football supporter, don't waste your time trying to plan your weekends around the the now mystical regular Saturday 3pm KO.

LancashireHibby
14-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I must say that for the likes of myself and presumably others with kids games etc that the 3.30 kick offs are much better than the 12.45 ones if we HAVE to play on a Sunday.

lyonhibs
14-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Agree totally.

Sunday games are annoying for parents who have kids that play afternoon football. Having said that Saturday Lunchtimes are ridiculous too!

Lets be honest 3pm on a Saturday it should be! Simple as that! The SPL wonder why season tickets are not that high? I personally don't mind what day the games are played but it is a flaming joke we hardly have any Saturday 3pm games anymore, looking forward to tomorrow!

Regrettably, the idiot box - and the money the idiot box deal brings in - is a major player. This is 2012, not 1912.

hfc rd
14-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Better kick off time than the usual 12.45 nonsense.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I think Hearts might bring more fans to ER than the Sheep.

Whilst prices are too high in Scottish football, not sure that charging 15 quid or less is the answer. I would expect c 12,000 at the game with it being on the tv. We would need quite a big gate increase to make up for lost revenues at those prices. Not realistic.

The club is struggling for cash and if we want to keep or sign decent quality players then we, the fans, need to put up by attending. Have to say that the past three-four seasons have been shockingly wasteful in terms of lost revenues with all the managerial and backroom changes and the sheer numbers of players through the doors.

at

Don't think Hearts take more fans than then to places like Motherwell, Dundee, Utd, Parkhead...i would expect Hearts to take more fans to ER since it is a derby afterall!!! As i said in my post they have the biggest following outwith Celtic to away games.

The cut cost is to aid the fans that travel to Aberdeen the week before and Ross County in the same week...Motherwell seem to appreciate the financial strains put on football supporters of both clubs, why can't we be the same.

We may have lost 900k last season, however, a higher league finish, a decent cup run and increase to merchandise sales due to team success as well as possible European adventure should help make a profit during 2013. Not forgetting we wont be pating of a first 11 and coaching staff in 2013 (he says!)

hfc rd
14-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Does anyone think they could sell out the whole south stand? I personally think they could. They've got the biggest set of away fans than any other team in the league other than smeltic.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Does anyone think they could sell out the whole south stand? I personally think they could. They've got the biggest set of away fans than any other team in the league other than smeltic.

Yes without a shaddow of doubt, and the home end will probably be empty due to fans sitting in comfy chairs in their houses, listening to their women folk nagging their ear off, or listening to screaming bairns running about the house, or getting dragged shopping.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Don't think Hearts take more fans than then to places like Motherwell, Dundee, Utd, Parkhead...i would expect Hearts to take more fans to ER since it is a derby afterall!!! As i said in my post they have the biggest following outwith Celtic to away games.

The cut cost is to aid the fans that travel to Aberdeen the week before and Ross County in the same week...Motherwell seem to appreciate the financial strains put on football supporters of both clubs, why can't we be the same.

We may have lost 900k last season, however, a higher league finish, a decent cup run and increase to merchandise sales due to team success as well as possible European adventure should help make a profit during 2013. Not forgetting we wont be pating of a first 11 and coaching staff in 2013 (he says!)

Just to be pedantic, I think you were referring to them filling the south stand at ER and as for them taking more fans than Hearts (or Hibs for that matter) to games in the central belt, not sure but I have my doubts.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Just to be pedantic, I think you were referring to them filling the south stand at ER and as for them taking more fans than Hearts (or Hibs for that matter) to games in the central belt, not sure but I have my doubts.

Midweek Scottish cup v Sheep-4,516

Midweek SPL v Hibs-5,301

Not sure if tv was a factor in either turnout, TBF.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2012, 07:27 PM

To be fair to them, they have alot further to travel than Hibs and Hearts and have had a lesser success than both Edinburgh teams over the past couple of decades, so the size of support they to away games is commenable IMO.

JustSimplyHibs
14-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Midweek Scottish cup v Sheep-4,516

Midweek SPL v Hibs-5,301

Not sure if tv was a factor in either turnout, TBF.

More inclined to say that more Motherwell fans turned up to see the Hibees :wink: (if it is Motherwell you are refering to)

hfc rd
14-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes without a shaddow of doubt, and the home end will probably be empty due to fans sitting in comfy chairs in their houses, listening to their women folk nagging their ear off, or listening to screaming bairns running about the house, or getting dragged shopping.

I hope we do. Even something similar to the last derby, will be fine.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 07:45 PM
To be fair to them, they have alot further to travel than Hibs and Hearts and have had a lesser success than both Edinburgh teams over the past couple of decades, so the size of support they to away games is commenable IMO.

Agreed that their away support is always good but it´s a fact that both Hibs and Hearts have drawn bigger crowds to Fir Park, at least over the past few seasons (being a twat I checked). Anyway, they are mostly Sheep in Exile and live in the central belt:wink:

Diclonius
15-12-2012, 01:35 AM

If they're doing well, they will. We'll bring a sizeable amount too if we're still flying high, though February is well into our traditional post-Christmas slump.

Lucius Apuleius
15-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Should be classed as a Cat A game IMO and priced accordingly.

3pm
15-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Totally understand why everyone is pissed off about it moving for TV.However, if you want to pay for class acts like Brian Kerr, Felipe Morais, Junior Agogo, Pa Kujabi and Graeme Smith you have to put up with a bit inconvenience now and again.

bingo70
15-12-2012, 07:50 AM
I quite like Sunday games.

I realise it doesn't suit everyone but we need to move with the times, modern football needs a tv deal and with tv deals it means moved kick off times. I can understand the frustration with early kick offs on a Sunday but we can't really complain about Sunday afternoon kick offs io, we need the money!

Broken Gnome
15-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Aberdeen will not and never do sell out the South Stand. I doubt they've taken more than 2.5k since we became all seated.

HH81
15-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Aberdeen will not and never do sell out the South Stand. I doubt they've taken more than 2.5k since we became all seated.

2nd last game season when Tony M was in charge was a time when it looked full to me. It was a while ago mind so could be wrong.

Broken Gnome
15-12-2012, 08:17 AM
2nd last game season when Tony M was in charge was a time when it looked full to me. It was a while ago mind so could be wrong.

Know the one you mean, but was well short IIRC :agree

If it was a non televised QF then they probably could. It's not, so they won't.

DavieRoy
15-12-2012, 10:14 AM

The Final is on a Sunday this season, that has nothing to do with Sky.

DavieRoy
15-12-2012, 10:17 AM

The clubs seemed desparate to get Sky and ESPN on board in the summer. Some fans said it would be a disgrace if the broadcasters walked away because there was no Rangers but when they do back Scottish football it is still an issue, it comes with the territory fair enough it won't please everyone but look at the money the club lost last year and imagine what it would have lost without guarenteed TV money. Sunday 3.30pm is better than any pre 1pm kick off on a Saturday or Sunday.

superfurryhibby
15-12-2012, 10:20 AM
The clubs seemed desparate to get Sky and ESPN on board in the summer. Some fans said it would be a disgrace if the broadcasters walked away because there was no Rangers but when they do back Scottish football it is still an issue, it comes with the territory fair enough it won't please everyone but look at the money the club lost last year and imagine what it would have lost without guarenteed TV money. Sunday 3.30pm is better than any pre 1pm kick off on a Saturday or Sunday.

Out of interest, do you know how much the TV deals work out at per club per season? I do wonder how much we gain from it, as opposed to how much we lose in gate revenues.

Billy Whizz
15-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Out of interest, do you know how much the TV deals work out at per club per season? I do wonder how much we gain from it, as opposed to how much we lose in gate revenues.

Not sure, but screening of Scottish Cup games is extra

trev the hat
15-12-2012, 11:08 AM

Platinis decision to move champions league from a wed to a sat IMO was wrong. This is why we have a domestic showpiece final on a Sunday for the 1st time in 139 years.
Sky will be covering the SCF & CL final live so for me that has very much to do with sky as well as platini & his overpaid gang.
Whilst I acknowledge today's game must play a part with tv. The balance of power is now irreverseable and tv companies now know they hold all the aces and can change any games day/time they wish & at very short notice if required.
Since I stopped paying sky the only games I see are my own teams which has me going more often, so instead of paying a tv subscription I pay my club direct for the privilege. Whereas before I would watch maybe 2-3 games a day at weekends and not enjoy a lot of them at all.
We all make choices & for me this has been a good one, so roll on 3pm today.

ruthven_raiders
16-12-2012, 09:48 AM

If by some miracle we win it this season on a Sunday will the cup celebrations be Sunday evening or Monday afternoon if so would have to take kids out of school and nursery, unauthorised absence on school records but who would care lol might be a bank holiday since its May?

PatHead
16-12-2012, 11:12 AM

The amount of tv money depends solely on the clubs league position at the end of the season. The higher you finish the more you get. There is no money paid for covering league games which I understand was Hibs main problem with the tv deal.

LancashireHibby
16-12-2012, 11:12 AM
If by some miracle we win it this season on a Sunday will the cup celebrations be Sunday evening or Monday afternoon if so would have to take kids out of school and nursery, unauthorised absence on school records but who would care lol might be a bank holiday since its May?
Monday 27th May is indeed a Bank Holiday.

DavieRoy
16-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Platinis decision to move champions league from a wed to a sat IMO was wrong. This is why we have a domestic showpiece final on a Sunday for the 1st time in 139 years.
Sky will be covering the SCF & CL final live so for me that has very much to do with sky as well as platini & his overpaid gang.
Whilst I acknowledge today's game must play a part with tv. The balance of power is now irreverseable and tv companies now know they hold all the aces and can change any games day/time they wish & at very short notice if required.
Since I stopped paying sky the only games I see are my own teams which has me going more often, so instead of paying a tv subscription I pay my club direct for the privilege. Whereas before I would watch maybe 2-3 games a day at weekends and not enjoy a lot of them at all.
We all make choices & for me this has been a good one, so roll on 3pm today.

Nothing to do with Sky or ITV who broadcast Champions League Final, many broadcasters have the rights worldwide.

UEFA decide when the Champions League Final is and the SFA were not allowed to schedule against it and with international games coming up the Final couldn't be delayed a week.

Pity only 8,800 decided to attend a Saturday 3pm game, TV's fault this week? TV is a factor but not the only issue in attendances and the clubs wanted the deal as there is no guarentee they will get the crowds through the gate regardless as Saturday shows.

DavieRoy
16-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Not sure, but screening of Scottish Cup games is extra

48% of the TV money is split evenly and the of 52% depends on where you finish.

Scottish Cup games are different. it used to work out at around £82,500 per club per live game, it might have changed but give the value of the SFA's deal with Sky and BBC Scotland it won't be any less.

Remember Sky get to show two games live per round from round 4 upto and including the Semi-Final and the Final. They get 1st pick and 3rd pick and also get 1 replay per round.

BBC Scotland get 1 live game per round from round 4 to the Final.

That means one semi-final and the final is live on both channels.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2012, 06:12 PM
I was all set for the Sat k.o. The Sunday means TV instead as the wee man will have a game with a 12.30/1pm ko.

DH1875
16-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Hope everyone moaning about 3 o'clock kick-offs on a Saturday was at the game yesterday :stirrer::whistle::offski:.