PDA

View Full Version : Deegan and McPake

Diclonius
13-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Back in the squad for Saturday.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/return-of-gary-deegan-and-james-mcpake-like-new-signings-says-pat-fenlon-1-2689997

PatHead
13-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Pat Fenlon said that all 3 players (plus Clancy) should be back in time for the Ross County game.

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Back in the squad for Saturday.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/return-of-gary-deegan-and-james-mcpake-like-new-signings-says-pat-fenlon-1-2689997

Phew. :wink: :greengrin

Russell The Dug
13-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Extremely good news. Get back to the solid settled squad that we have recently had.

I would hope Stevenson goes to right back though with McGivern as the other full back and get Maybury out the side.

JollyGreenGiant
13-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Hopefully both will go straight into the team, even if it is not for the full 90 mins - just think it will give the team and the support a real boost before kick off :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
13-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Thank. ****.

As for someone suggesting the entirely left footed midfielder Lewis Stevenson going into RB, that's a classic case of why fans are in the stands and managers are in the dugout.

If Fenlon said Clancy is due back, as mentioned above, then it's a no-brainer.

All 3 straight back into the squad, Stevenson to drop out.

IndieHibby
13-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank. ****.

As for someone suggesting the entirely left footed midfielder Lewis Stevenson going into RB, that's a classic case of why fans are in the stands and managers are in the dugout.

:agree: Easy decisions.

ancient hibee
14-12-2012, 04:01 PM
I'll be very surprised if any are in the starting line up.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Extremely good news. Get back to the solid settled squad that we have recently had.

I would hope Stevenson goes to right back though with McGivern as the other full back and get Maybury out the side.

Are you being ironic or is it sarcasm?

Glad to hear that they are back in the squad but.

Franck Stanton
14-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll be very surprised if any are in the starting line up.

Why ? Both have been back training for a few weeks now so fitness shouldn't be a problem. Recall when we signed Deegan he stated he hadn't played for a month but he had a terriffic debut . They bring so much to the team it would be madness to leave them out. Personally I hope they both start the game tomorrow.

jacomo
14-12-2012, 05:00 PM

Unless you really hate Lewis and want to see him have a torrid afternoon, this is a very bad idea.

Hibstrooper
14-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Thank. ****.

Straightforward if all 3 are back however Clancy isn't ready for this weekend.

Just looking at the defence I think it is a bit if a dilemma for Pat, who drops out for McPake? The obvious answer seems to be Stevenson however Pat was praising him massively after Hearts game, would we also want to lose McGivern from the centre as well where he has been great?

lyonhibs
14-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Unless you really hate Lewis and want to see him have a torrid afternoon, this is a very bad idea.

:agree:

Playing midfielders in defence is one thing, playing a midfielder on the wrong side of defence is a recipe for disaster. I remember when injuries/temporary insanity persuaded Blobby to play Ian Murray (this was during his 1st spell obviously, before his legs were gone) at right back against Dundee United, who had an especially strong left hand side in those days. They murdered him all day long. It was 1 step short of "Latapy vs Petric" stuff, and I loved Murray as a player.

davhibby
14-12-2012, 07:07 PM
If McPake starts, the first player out has to be mabury. Ben williams would be a better right back than maybury

Mr White
14-12-2012, 08:52 PM
If McPake starts, the first player out has to be mabury. Ben williams would be a better right back than maybury

So assuming Williams in goals with a back 4 of mcpake hanlon mcgivern and Stevenson, who would you have at right back?

Northernhibee
14-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Maybury has been decent.

Aldo
15-12-2012, 08:00 AM
If McPake is fit then back 4 should be

Maybury. McPake Hanlon McGivern

Feel bad for Lewus cos he's been ok.

As for Maybury. Why do folk think he's *****. He does what he does with no fuss. TBH McPake wasn't playing great before his injury but didn't here the Maybury haters having a go at him.

Get a grip its a TEAM game. Tbh I also think we're missing Clancy more than McPake

SMAXXA
15-12-2012, 08:13 AM

Harsh and miles of the mark imo

Aldo
15-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Harsh and miles of the mark imo

Agree with this

brydekirk
15-12-2012, 08:27 AM
After last week, five at the back would'nt be a bad idea !