PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lennon

theonlywayisup
13-12-2012, 11:32 AM
You would have thought that he would have given more credit to Arbroath. But no..............it is all about how they overcome the difficult ground conditions. I thought Arbroath played well and were unlucky not to get a draw.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20706966

"It was a real test of character and I'm delighted with the attitude of the players,"

"It was uncomfortable at times, but that's cup football. We're into the next round and it's another competition to look forward to in the New Year. Overall, I'm pleased to get the job done."

"The pitch became a great leveller," explained Lennon. "It was almost like an ice rink, second half. The ball was just running away when the players were trying to pass it because it was skipping up off the frost. It almost became dangerous at times."

"It looked a foul on Fraser and the whistle went long before the ball hit the net," he explained. "They might make a meal of it because it's against us but I thought it was a foul at the time. We had a goal disallowed before we scored [Lassad from an offside position] and I thought we played very well in the first half. But as it got colder and as the pitch hardened up more, it became a level playing field."

Malthibby
13-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Man has no calss.

Malthibby
13-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Or class.:greengrin

Saorsa
13-12-2012, 11:37 AM
You would have thought that he would have given more credit to Arbroath. But no..............it is all about how they overcome the difficult ground conditions. I thought Arbroath played well and were unlucky not to get a draw.

"It was a real test of character and I'm delighted with the attitude of the players,"

"It was uncomfortable at times, but that's cup football. We're into the next round and it's another competition to look forward to in the New Year. Overall, I'm pleased to get the job done."

"The pitch became a great leveller," explained Lennon. "It was almost like an ice rink, second half. The ball was just running away when the players were trying to pass it because it was skipping up off the frost. It almost became dangerous at times."

"It looked a foul on Fraser and the whistle went long before the ball hit the net," he explained. "They might make a meal of it because it's against us but I thought it was a foul at the time. We had a goal disallowed before we scored [Lassad from an offside position] and I thought we played very well in the first half. But as it got colder and as the pitch hardened up more, it became a level playing field."unlevelled again by some of the decisions made by the ref.

yeezus.
13-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I was waiting on him saying "fair play to Arbroath - they made it difficult for us". Instead, he just told us how Celtic showed great character.

Broken Gnome
13-12-2012, 12:02 PM

"It looked a foul on Fraser and the whistle went long before the ball hit the net," he explained. "They might make a meal of it because it's against us but I thought it was a foul at the time. We had a goal disallowed before we scored [Lassad from an offside position] and I thought we played very well in the first half. But as it got colder and as the pitch hardened up more, it became a level playing field."

What the hell does that mean??:confused:

Took a whopping two minutes for them to break into songs about Anthony Stokes last night as well.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Thing is if he'd said well done Arbroath he'd have been called patronising.

The Green Goblin
13-12-2012, 12:11 PM

Took a whopping two minutes for them to break into songs about Anthony Stokes last night as well.

I have missed something there. What happened to Stokes?

Sylar
13-12-2012, 12:13 PM
I have missed something there. What happened to Stokes?

He decided to attend a party in Dublin, honouring an IRA member who was gunned down last year (?).

Celtic have since "punished" him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9738028/Celtic-tell-Anthony-Stokes-he-has-damaged-clubs-reputation-for-attending-IRA-memorial-event.html

JimBHibees
13-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Everyones against them. :greengrin

Thought he was awful with giving no credit whatsoever to a team from Division 2 who had only lost 2 goals (one of which a comic own goal) in 180 mins to the latter day Lisbon Lions. Crass and obnoxious as usual.

Pretty Boy
13-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Exactly.

Manager in talking up own team shocker.

ekhibee
13-12-2012, 12:30 PM
If people had actually listened to Lennon before the game then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to critisize him. I'm no fan of Celtic and never will be, but he was complimenting Arbroath on having a well run club, amongst other things. Some people just like moaning about anything. He's also complimented Hibs in the past on occasion, before and after games, but if he doesn't do that, or if he bums up his own team he's a classless ****. Don't care whether that sounds like an excuse for him cos it isn't, it's just how it is.

givescotlandfreedom
13-12-2012, 12:31 PM
He was moanin about Arbroath getting a flukes goal in the game at Parkhead too. Seemingly forgetting the fact their goal was an o.g.

allezsauzee
13-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Neil Lennon is a bellend. No further explanation is required.

JimBHibees
13-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Exactly.

Manager in talking up own team shocker.

Not so sure thought it was crass not to give any credit to the other team especially a team Celtc obviously thought they would roll over easily in the replay. From what I saw of the game Arbroath played as much football as Celtic did and were a little unlucky not to score. He could easily have talked his own team up and also given the other part time team a bit of credit. To not do so was pretty poor IMO.

Hibercelona
13-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Lennons a fud. But I don't really see the problem here. He's simply self focused on the team that he manages. Managers don't need to say anything about the opposition team, positive or negative.

Celtic were fortunate though that the horrible attempt at a cross ended up in the back of the net and that Arbroath got a perfectly good goal chopped off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2012, 04:24 PM

Richard Gordon said on Sportsound that for the second half, the Arboroath fans could look forward to watching the Celtc players. That really defines patronising.

Hibbyradge
13-12-2012, 05:44 PM
If he had complimented Arbroath after Celtic had won, folk would be criticising him for being patronising.

I have no problem with managers talking about their own team.

Maybe the journalists should ask different questions if folk want different replies.

How much time does Pat Fenlon spend complimenting the teams we have beaten? :dunno:

The Green Goblin
14-12-2012, 06:13 PM
He decided to attend a party in Dublin, honouring an IRA member who was gunned down last year (?).

Celtic have since "punished" him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic/9738028/Celtic-tell-Anthony-Stokes-he-has-damaged-clubs-reputation-for-attending-IRA-memorial-event.html

Cheers. How bizarre.

sambajustice
14-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Spot on.

Too many people on here love to be offended by, well, anything!

Hibbyradge
14-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Spot on.

Too many people on here love to be offended by, well, anything!

How dare you?

Apologise now!