PDA

View Full Version : James mcpake

AK86
12-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Can anyone clarify
a. Is it mcpake s back or is it another injury?

b. is there any news on his return?

i fear we have signed a crock. We can't really afford to have someone we rely on so much to be out the team frequently. Hurry back James, your club needs you

Golden Bear
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
This injury is dragging on that's for sure. It's not a good sign.

Devilstorment
12-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I think his history of back problems was well documented prior to us signing him. However I think that it is a bit early to write him off!

I hope Rod was smart enough to sign on a basic salary with more cash when he actually plays.

JimBHibees
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Can anyone clarify

i fear we have signed a crock. We can't really afford to have someone we rely on so much to be out the team frequently. Hurry back James, your club needs you

Asked him last night at calendar signing and he appeared confident he would be involved Saturday, whether that comes to pass we will see.

#FromTheCapital
12-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Asked him last night at calendar signing and he appeared confident he would be involved Saturday, whether that comes to pass we will see.

Hopefully he's right although I seem to remember him giving off the same vibes on twitter about 3 weeks ago.

AK86
12-12-2012, 10:28 PM
So it appears it is his back and he is not far away :rolleyes: like he was 3 weeks aago you just get the feeling this will be the story of his career. I hope I'm wrong, Hibs so badly need a leader

Hibercelona
12-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Whats actually wrong with his back?

You would think that in this day and age, their would be a cure for most common back aches.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Can anyone clarify

Totally agree, he has been good bad and indifferent at times, his leadership qualities are obvious but hopefully he can get a decent run of games or he will like it or not become a liability that we can't afford in any position.

Westie1875
12-12-2012, 10:35 PM

You would think that in this day and age, their would be a cure for most common back aches.

He broke his back whilst playing for Coventry. Possibly something related to that I would imagine.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2012, 10:39 PM
He broke his back whilst playing for Coventry. Possibly something related to that I would imagine.

Did he really?

silverhibee
12-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Did he really?

Really, he did.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Really, he did.

What, he really broke it or just broke it. :greengrin

Boyle89
12-12-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm sure I heard him on the radio before the derby saying it was a muscle in his back that was the injury problem and not the bones.

AK86
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I just find it slightly worrying that he appeared to play through the pain barrier when he was about to be out of a club, gets a deal then then goes back on the sick, like he did at Coventry
hopefully my fears are unfounded and he comes back fit for the rest of the season his leadership qualities ain't no good in the stand

Hibercelona
12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I just find it slightly worrying that he appeared to play through the pain barrier when he was about to be out of a club, gets a deal then then goes back on the sick, like he did at Coventry
hopefully my fears are unfounded and he comes back fit for the rest of the season his leadership qualities ain't no good in the stand

James McPake isn't the type of guy that would intentionally sit with his feet up just because he's on a contract.

He'll be eager to play ASAP.

EdinMike
13-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Back Pain is a Pain in the arse... Or the back. Whatever ! I get what he's going through, 3 years with mine but I cant afford to get it fixed. Painkillers are misleading. Hurry back (Pun intended ?!) Captain !! :thumbsup:

bigwheel
13-12-2012, 06:58 AM
James McPake isn't the type of guy that would intentionally sit with his feet up just because he's on a contract.

He'll be eager to play ASAP.

Agreed - he's also on a contract that automatically renews for another year if he plays a set number of games in the first two seasons - he will not want to be missing games

MB62
13-12-2012, 07:23 AM
What, he really broke it or just broke it. :greengrin

No, he just broke it really :wink: :greengrin

DC_Hibs
13-12-2012, 07:27 AM

Questioning the committment of James McPake. Have a word with yourself.

If you're that worried (and fearful) then stick a set of Pampers on Bam Bam.

Borderhibbie76
13-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Cant believe some are questioning the commitment of mcpake to the cause...shocking!! The guy is a leader who loves everything about hibs and will be desperate to get back asap!!

allezsauzee
13-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Captain James's injury problems are a double edged sword. I doubt we'd have the chance to sign him if he hadn't been injured in the first place. I think he's the sort of guy who still has value to the squad even when he's out just by his presence in and around the team. The guy loves winning, loves playing at Hibs and if I was a player, I wouldn't fancy explaining away a halfhearted performance to either my club captain or management team at the moment.

Spike Mandela
13-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Captain James's injury problems are a double edged sword. I doubt we'd have the chance to sign him if he hadn't been injured in the first place. I think he's the sort of guy who still has value to the squad even when he's out just by his presence in and around the team. The guy loves winning, loves playing at Hibs and if I was a player, I wouldn't fancy explaining away a halfhearted performance to either my club captain or management team at the moment.

:agree: Very good point.

Zazu62
13-12-2012, 09:32 AM
So when's he back?

Golden Bear
13-12-2012, 09:46 AM
So when's he back?

Good question, but after being out of the game so long I'd have thought he would benefit from a game with the Under 20's prior to making his comeback. Similar to Deegan in fact.

Phil MaGlass
13-12-2012, 10:15 AM
No, he just broke it really :wink: :greengrin

James McPake in Brokeback sensation.

JimBHibees
13-12-2012, 10:20 AM

Your at it. :lolyam: No cakes to bake. :greengrin

ahibby
13-12-2012, 11:06 AM

I agree with you on both counts but for me it makes the loss of three goals away to Dundee and to ICT all the more concerning.

Stevie Reid
13-12-2012, 11:06 AM
We have definitely missed him, but how we have coped without McPake this season is an indicator of how far we have come - he has been missing for 6 games, and we have won 3 of them and lost the other 3.

Last season we won 3 leagues games WITH McPake in the team, and one without him.

YehButNoBut
13-12-2012, 12:10 PM
According to todays scotsman McPake is fit again and Deegan will also be in the squad for the Motherwell game, great news as there are some big games between now & Jan 3rd, let's hope he stays fit for all of these games them we have a couple of weeks break to freshen up.

Quote from Fenlon, “James has trained fully this week as well and we will have him available again for the first time in a while."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/return-of-gary-deegan-and-james-mcpake-like-new-signings-says-pat-fenlon-1-2689997

silverhibee
13-12-2012, 12:14 PM
According to todays scotsman McPake is fit again and Deegan will also be in the squad for the Motherwell game, great news as there are some big games between now & Jan 3rd, let's hope he stays fit for all of these games them we have a couple of weeks break to freshen up.

Quote from Fenlon, “James has trained fully this week as well and we will have him available again for the first time in a while."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/return-of-gary-deegan-and-james-mcpake-like-new-signings-says-pat-fenlon-1-2689997

Good to hear. :flag:

Stevie Reid
13-12-2012, 12:24 PM

The pair’s long-awaited return to fitness is a huge boost for Fenlon, who is also hoping to see Tim Clancy back in action within the next fortnight.

Even better :aok:

JimBHibees
13-12-2012, 12:25 PM
The pair’s long-awaited return to fitness is a huge boost for Fenlon, who is also hoping to see Tim Clancy back in action within the next fortnight.

Even better :aok:

I asked Clancy at the calender signing and he said he would be back training next week.

Stevie Reid
13-12-2012, 12:28 PM
I asked Clancy at the calender signing and he said he would be back training next week.

Excellent :greengrin

AK86
13-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Questioning the committment of James McPake. Have a word with yourself.

If you're that worried (and fearful) then stick a set of Pampers on Bam Bam.

what are you on about:na na:
this is a fans forum, it's for discussions.

Your at it. :lolyam: No cakes to bake. :greengrin

is that really the best you can do
Do you know what AK 86 stands for?

anyway, just heard he,s back for Saturday lets hope it was just a blip. I was just feeling it was dragging on. But as usual, say something on here that the masses don't like and you get ripped and called a yam. It's pretty pathetic really

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2012, 05:38 PM

If only that was true. After 30 years I have given up hope. If McPakes back problems are arthritic there is no cure, only treatment.

ancient hibee
13-12-2012, 06:46 PM
I'll believe he'll be back on Saturday when I actually see it.

Wotherspiniesta
13-12-2012, 06:53 PM

You would also think they'd have found the cure for the common cold in this day and age.

Unfortunately back pain can crop up at anytime. Especially if it's incurred the kind of trauma James suffered.

He's a fighter though, he'll be back. I'm sure of it :jmcp:

sahib
13-12-2012, 07:49 PM

Quacks are clueless. If antibiotics can't cure it then your stuffed.:greengrin

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 08:53 AM
is that really the best you can do
Do you know what AK 86 stands for?

anyway, just heard he,s back for Saturday lets hope it was just a blip. I was just feeling it was dragging on. But as usual, say something on here that the masses don't like and you get ripped and called a yam. It's pretty pathetic really

Thats exactly the sort of name a Yam mole would choose though isnt it. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
14-12-2012, 09:04 AM

That's exactly my stance on religion!

scoopyboy
14-12-2012, 11:43 AM

I think bench will be his best hope.

Practice game on Wednesday, day off yesterday, assess fitness today.

Deegan on bench as well????

Billy Whizz
14-12-2012, 12:34 PM

I hope he plays as we need his height and physique against Higdon tomorrow

Golden Bear
14-12-2012, 12:39 PM
" James has trained and is ready. It looks like his problem has cleared up, so we are delighted at that"

A direct quote from PF in today's Express.

SlickShoes
14-12-2012, 01:23 PM
We need him back badly, we have coped OK without the 3 missing players, but the other guys need a rest, we need our captain back in the starting line up.

If we have the 3 missing players back and others drop to the bench our bench all of a sudden looks much stronger, if we could keep our current squad and add another couple in january to cover for more injuries I think we will end up with a decent season. If we were to play with the current 11 and bench without the 3 missing players coming back I think we would really struggle.

trev the hat
14-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Where was the practise game on Wed ?
As I bumped into wee Lewis wed tea time @ German market & he didn't have his shorts on :-)

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Where was the practise game on Wed ?
As I bumped into wee Lewis wed tea time @ German market & he didn't have his shorts on :-)

Surely you donīt expect players to be at work as late at tea time on a Wednesday? What was he wearing anyway, just out of interest.

McPake will need game time with the Under 20īs before starting in the first team, been out too long.

trev the hat
14-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Surely you donīt expect players to be at work as late at tea time on a Wednesday? What was he wearing anyway, just out of interest.

McPake will need game time with the Under 20īs before starting in the first team, been out too long.

I thought Wed was PF preferred players day off, LS was well wrapped up as it was Baltic, I would have spoke to him but his good lady & little un in toe so respect due.
I think Mcpake will either be in first 11 or not stripped, Deegan would surprise me if he is even on bench given his 10wk absence with no game time.

superfurryhibby
14-12-2012, 02:02 PM
I thought Wed was PF preferred players day off, LS was well wrapped up as it was Baltic, I would have spoke to him but his good lady & little un in toe so respect due.
I think Mcpake will either be in first 11 or not stripped, Deegan would surprise me if he is even on bench given his 10wk absence with no game time.

Iīm always interested in our players sartorial preferences.

Respect for showing respect, much as we love to chat with our players I agree that there is a time and place and whilst with the Mrs and bairns is usually not one of them.

I would be surprised if he plays, although I reckon a return at Centre Half is probably less of a demand fitness wise than centre midfield. Canīt wait for him to be back and see McGivern at left back, albeit that Lewis has done not to badly.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I think his history of back problems was well documented prior to us signing him. However I think that it is a bit early to write him off!

I hope Rod was smart enough to sign on a basic salary with more cash when he actually plays.

can we not do a "Webster" and just f***** play him?

AK86
14-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Thats exactly the sort of name a Yam mole would choose though isnt it. :greengrin

Defo not a PBS dweller me. I can prove it, my barins piggyback is full :greengrin

cocopops1875
14-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Defo not a PBS dweller me. I can prove it, my barins piggyback is full :greengrin

:greengrin:top marks