PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Half Season Tickets - Sales Are Slow

Mikey
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
One snippet picked up from the informal session after the AGM this evening was that half season tickets sales aren't going as well as was hoped.

So...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853059,00.html

:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2012, 10:37 PM
One snippet picked up from the informal session after the AGM this evening was that half season tickets sales aren't going as well as was hoped.

So...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853059,00.html

Disappointing to hear sales are not going well. I assumed after our start and current league placing, coupled with knocking the merricks out of the Cup, that a buzz would start to appear back around ER again.....

mim
10-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Unless I'm missing something, I can't really see the point for me personally in buying a half season.

By my reckoning we will have 10 home games - probably 3 category A and 7 category B. For the East or West (I frequent both) the cost is £115. The total cost for a senior paying at the gate would be 3 x £14 plus 7 x £12 = £126. This gives a maximum saving of £11, or a loss if I miss a single game.

I'm not complaining about the value, or indeed the cost. It's just that there is absolutely no incentive to pay up front, unless i want to sit in the FF Upper (£90) or the FF lower (£80), which I don't.

DC_Hibs
10-12-2012, 11:28 PM
With 8000 season ticket holders and normal crowds of 10,000 home fans I wouldn't expect too high a number to be sold.
Half seasons are valid for the Ross County game I believe so there should be an increase within the coming two weeks.

I'll be buying one tomorrow although there's no incentive for me to buy as I won't be at every home game and there are often spare seasons available. I am hoping that good sales will allow us to get one or two signings in during January as we seriously need some creativity and width in midfield.

Frank Moon
10-12-2012, 11:35 PM
My mate and I are buying one but not until a bit nearer the Ross County game so its still early as far as I'm concrned.

SneakersO'Toole
11-12-2012, 07:18 AM
The bottom line is that they don't represent value for money.

Miss one game between now and the rest of the season and you are already quids down. Some people just can't afford to effectively throw £20/30/40 away by missing one or more games. Thus, they will continue to pay walk up prices.

Next season I hope Hibs seriously consider their strategy with seasons tickets as IMO, the incentives on offer for buying one don't compensate those who are likely to miss games during the course of the season.

TowerHibs
11-12-2012, 07:27 AM
As much as I would love to get one, I would be pushing the boat out to justify buying one.

Another huge issue with this is the change in kick off times (another dismissed in reconstruction) and they Saturday/Sunday early kick offs will stop people committing. As above, miss one game and your out of pocket

marinello59
11-12-2012, 07:41 AM
When giving a regular donation to Hibs for a 'managers fund' was suggested on here it was full of positives from people wishing to contribute. It would be nice if this thread could stay on a similar positive vibe. Nobody has to justify not buying a half season ticket, everyones situation is different. BUT this is the best way at present for us to ensure that Pat Fenlon has as big a budget to work with as possible. That is a huge plus. Fingers crossed there are plenty of them going in to Xmas stockings. :thumbsup:

wookie70
11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
the free Celtic game tickets may make sales slow. If you got them from your mate then no point buying a season ticket

marinello59
11-12-2012, 08:03 AM
the free Celtic game tickets may make sales slow. If you got them from your mate then no point buying a season ticket

That's one way of looking at it. Or you could think that buying a season ticket of your own and helping the manager continue his rebuilding job was a good idea. It's OUR club.

#FromTheCapital
11-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Hopefully be getting one this week for the west. To be honest it's not great value for money but the club have asked for the backing of the fans and because I can help I will.

Gatecrasher
11-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Hopefully sales will pick up over the next week or so. it's not about the price per game it's about helping PF have the best squad possible

lyonhibs
11-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Wait till a massive Cup game comes around - realistically only the SC Final would fall into this category - and they'll be scores of folk fretting about getting a ticket and saying "if only I'd got a half season ticket............." :greengrin

In saying that, there's no doubt whatsoever that the club does need to look at ST pricing and offering a "per game" saving that is bigger than it currently is. Miss 1 or 2 games - quite possible down to the arseholic kick off times the TV deal lumps us with - and it's not worth your money.

I've got myself a East Terrace stone and will be going to Kilmarnock, Ross County, Celtc and Hertz games when I'm home. So that's my investment for the season done considering my location.

Caveat: unless we get to the Scottish Cup final, in which case clearly I'll be wanting a ticket

:devil:

hibs4thecup1988
11-12-2012, 08:38 AM
I can't believe that half season tickets are that price. Is that exactly half the price of a full season!? I have been hunting for information on that.
It is ok buying a full season ticket and maybe expecting to miss a game as the cup top up would cover you. Two games this season so far maybe costing 45 quid. But if you miss one or two games with a half season ticket it really is not worth it.

The club need to look at pricing of actual season tickets and half ones in my view.

Steve-O
11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Unless I'm missing something, I can't really see the point for me personally in buying a half season.

By my reckoning we will have 10 home games - probably 3 category A and 7 category B. For the East or West (I frequent both) the cost is £115. The total cost for a senior paying at the gate would be 3 x £14 plus 7 x £12 = £126. This gives a maximum saving of £11, or a loss if I miss a single game.

I'm not complaining about the value, or indeed the cost. It's just that there is absolutely no incentive to pay up front, unless i want to sit in the FF Upper (£90) or the FF lower (£80), which I don't.

Correct. And with KO changes happening constantly, and people just not being in Edinburgh every weekend, plus the fact you have no idea when the last 3 games will be until April, then chances are you are going to miss a game.

I've got a season ticket here and they are really great value for money. I've missed 2 games already for various reasons but I am still not losing out in terms of the amount paid for a season ticket.

I'd be interested to see if anyone could produce stats for how much the 'value for money' aspect has gone downhill in the last 20 years or so, as I am sure I remember them being a lot cheaper than walk up prices.

Steve-O
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Hopefully sales will pick up over the next week or so. it's not about the price per game it's about helping PF have the best squad possible

I think for most people, it's price per game.

Blind loyalty only goes so far.

bingo70
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
As I've found out this season there are other benefits other than financially for getting a season ticket however I think far more people would get season tickets if there was greater transparency for how much better value a ST is. As it stands with different prices for category a games and the split I don't think that's possible so I think we should do away with increased prices for the big games, I know there are more policing costs for these games but imo the increased prices for these games generally puts people off going as they're normally tv games as well.

Golden Bear
11-12-2012, 08:59 AM
As much as I would love to get one, I would be pushing the boat out to justify buying one.

Another huge issue with this is the change in kick off times (another dismissed in reconstruction) and they Saturday/Sunday early kick offs will stop people committing. As above, miss one game and your out of pocket

:agree:

Pay as you go is still the the more sensible option for me and that's coming from a fan who doesn't miss many home games.

Steve-O
11-12-2012, 09:06 AM
As I've found out this season there are other benefits other than financially for getting a season ticket however I think far more people would get season tickets if there was greater transparency for how much better value a ST is. As it stands with different prices for category a games and the split I don't think that's possible so I think we should do away with increased prices for the big games, I know there are more policing costs for these games but imo the increased prices for these games generally puts people off going as they're normally tv games as well.

I reckon stats would back up that since Cat A & B games were introduced, attendance at Cat A games has decreased :agree:

down-the-slope
11-12-2012, 09:10 AM

I have had people asking for mine - told to get lost and buy there own (as they could choose to afford) - going to someone who has no way to afford :agree:

lucky
11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
ST sales go well when the team is playing well consistently not just a few games at home. After a few years off dross its going to take more than s decent start. SPL football is far to exspensive. I have a ST and with cup top up so it was ok at £360.

Gmack7
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Me and my mate bought 6 between us on sat and I thought it was good value at£215 for an adult and 2 kids in the FF, the person in the shop before us was also getting 2 half seasons

Big_Franck
11-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I think for most people, it's price per game.

Blind loyalty only goes so far.

Have to agree with this. I totally understand that buying these half seasons up front will allow Pat to strengthen the squad in January, but not everyone is able to do it. £220 is a lot of money, especially at this time of year, and especially when it is virtually the same price as paying walk up prices.

Not wanting this thread to be negative at all so if anyone can afford to do so and is likely to go to the majority of games then it would be great if they could get one. Also, if you are thinking of what to get nephews, nieces or grandchildren for Christmas then you could maybe get them a 'Hibs Future' (age 12-18 & students) Half Season Ticket. Prices start from £55 :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
11-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Me and my mate bought 6 between us on sat and I thought it was good value at£215 for an adult and 2 kids in the FF, the person in the shop before us was also getting 2 half seasons

:agree: The Adult & Kids Deal in FF is the Top offer.....

Phil MaGlass
11-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Value for money,

My local club in Holland a ST costs 210€ for 17 home games to see Ajax,PSV,Feyenoord,Twente and AZ,oops and groningen:greengrin
PATG costs 22 + 4€ booking fee =442€ per season, a ST saving of 232€.

I just tried to find half ST prices but site is down, I would believe them to be of very good value and not just a saving of 11 quid, hardly worth the effort.
How about 11 quid saving and a Hibs top/t-shirt and a voucher for a mince pie or bovril?

Gmack7
11-12-2012, 09:57 AM

Golden Bear
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM

I could swear I'm seeing double this morning and I've never had a drink since Saturday night.

StevieC
11-12-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm not complaining about the value, or indeed the cost. It's just that there is absolutely no incentive to pay up front

The bottom line is that they don't represent value for money.
Miss one game between now and the rest of the season and you are already quids down.

Another huge issue with this is the change in kick off times (another dismissed in reconstruction) and they Saturday/Sunday early kick offs will stop people committing.

The main issues seem to be value for money and games getting moved.

When I started buying a season ticket, many years ago, it represented decent value for money. Cup games were included as standard and you could probably miss 4 games and still make a saving. Now you just need to miss one or two and you've made a loss.

I appreciate that the club have to try and maximise the potential income from season tickets, but if it's poorly priced then they shouldn't complain too much when sales drop. Obviously they'll play on the "loyalty" aspect of buying season tickets but if supporters decline then it's a straight decision between keeping prices high with "loyal" supporters or dropping the cost to attract new customers (and done without emotional blackmail).

Golden Bear
11-12-2012, 10:13 AM
The main issues seem to be value for money and games getting moved.

When I started buying a season ticket, many years ago, it represented decent value for money. Cup games were included as standard and you could probably miss 4 games and still make a saving. Now you just need to miss one or two and you've made a loss.

I appreciate that the club have to try and maximise the potential income from season tickets, but if it's poorly priced then they shouldn't complain too much when sales drop. Obviously they'll play on the "loyalty" aspect of buying season tickets but if supporters decline then it's a straight decision between keeping prices high with "loyal" supporters or dropping the cost to attract new customers (and done without emotional blackmail).

The crux of the matter imo.

SlickShoes
11-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I think it has a lot to do with our great start to the season wilting a bit in the last month or so, its prime time for people buying half seasons and our form has taken a massive dip.

People that gave up going in the last 3 years are going to need more than 8 wins to convince them we have turned any sort of corner.

I know we beat hearts but the St Johnstone game was awful, we lost to aberdeen and we got hammered by Inverness and Dundee. Not exactly a good advert for quality football.

Gmack7
11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I could swear I'm seeing double this morning and I've never had a drink since Saturday night.

Oops

Saorsa
11-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I think it has a lot to do with our great start to the season wilting a bit in the last month or so, its prime time for people buying half seasons and our form has taken a massive dip.

People that gave up going in the last 3 years are going to need more than 8 wins to convince them we have turned any sort of corner.

I know we beat hearts but the St Johnstone game was awful, we lost to aberdeen and we got hammered by Inverness and Dundee. Not exactly a good advert for quality football.So the prices should be reduced for the quality tae go down further? If people want a decent team on the park it has tae be paid for and unfortunately we dinnae have England's silly TV money so unfortunately the onus falls more upon the punters. Hopefully one day the silly TV money leagues will go pop and fitba players wages will come back down tae the sensible(ish) levels they used tae be before live TV got involved. The last two seasons have been grim, nae doubt but we're heading in the right direction now with a manager who seems tae have a lot of the right ideas, punters will either have tae take a chance and back that idea or let it wither on the vine.

wookie70
11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
That's one way of looking at it. Or you could think that buying a season ticket of your own and helping the manager continue his rebuilding job was a good idea. It's OUR club.

I bought 3 despite the offer of free Celtic Tickets. Merely pointing out that it may make sales slow. As said if you miss a game it isnt financially viable. So a free ticket for a game acts the same way. I personally love the idea of a managers fund to raise funds

StevieC
11-12-2012, 10:57 AM
So the prices should be reduced for the quality tae go down further?

That's the million dollar question.

If the club want more season ticket sales then it seems they have to price them accordingly. If they want to keep prices high and stick with the "loyal" supporters then that's their choice.

The thread is about slow season ticket sales and the reasons for that.

It could also be argued that there are "walk-up" supporters that are actually contributing more to the club than some season ticket holders. :hmmm:

If people want a decent team on the park it has tae be paid for

Not singling out your comment, but this is a line that is often used (often bordering on emotional blackmail) and, comparing turnover and results with other SPL teams, it just doesn't wash.

Regardless of season ticket sales, our turnover will be very similar year in year out. The season ticket sales are just a way of getting the cash up front.

We just got beat by a team with a fraction of our season ticket holders so, in the context of this thread, it's not really a valid point. We're not talking about supporters not going, we're talking about how those going pay to attend.

.Sean.
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
I can see both sides to the argument here. It's all very well saying buy a half season ticket but at this time of year especially 200 quid is a lot of money to the majority of folk, and as has been pointed out isn't really value for money should you miss even one game. You're also not going to struggle to ever get a ticket for a home match and many folk would maybe rather spend a bit of cash on a ticket every other week rather splurge a load of cash on a season, or half season.

On the other hand, I far prefer having my season ticket, no worries about purchasing my tickets for the big games, no hassle buying a ticket every time I go to Easter Road and safe in the knowledge I've contributed to the cause early doors and my money is being put to good use.

In saying that, the club need to have a serious look at the cost of a season ticket and make it more worthwhile, I have one only because I can afford to but they need to make them more appealing. I can fully understand people not buying them if funds are a wee bit tight as it's not worth it unless you know you're able to make every game.

Dalkeith
11-12-2012, 11:07 AM
The value of a ST has been diluted over the years, when I first started buying them over 30 years ago it allowed you in to every game at ER (first team and reserves), KO times more or less set in stone at start of season and you knew you would get in no matter the size of crowd
Move forward 30 years and cup games are not included unless you buy you ST early, reserves or under 20 team games are played away from ER, KO times are changed to silly times for TV and the chances of not getting a ticket for a home game are very slim since the capacity was increased

I gave up buying a ST a couple of years ago when my blind loyalty ended and it’s been PATG for me since, Would I buy another ST yes I would but only if it offered me something of value in return for paying up front.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2012, 11:11 AM
"We just got beat by a team with a fraction of our season ticket holders"

Not making excuses but perhaps like the car industry and the Far East being unemcumbered by unions and historical wage demands/ western cost of living - competitors with a lower cost base have an advantage in some senses.

In reducing costs I'd imagine the tough choice would be between reduced investing in the first team or cutting costs relating to youth development/infrastructure. Possibly a bit of both...

Saorsa
11-12-2012, 11:19 AM
It could also be argued that there are "walk-up" supporters that are actually contributing more to the club than some season ticket holders. :hmmm:

The season ticket sales are just a way of getting the cash up front. We're not talking about supporters not going, we're talking about how those going pay to attend.It could be argued that they put in more than some but the manager's budget is decided more on who pays up front than who might turn up later. People want tae keep Griffiths, Claros and McGivern, that'll be determined more by who pays up now than who might turn up for a game at the end of April. Then we'll be back tae the quality issue, lose those players in January and a lot of the walk ups might no bother turning up. A lot of mights in there, the only certainty is what the club will have in the bank, the club will spend and that's it.

Anyway I have my ST and I'm out. :greengrin

JimBHibees
11-12-2012, 11:29 AM
"We just got beat by a team with a fraction of our season ticket holders"

Not making excuses but perhaps like the car industry and the Far East being unemcumbered by unions and historical wage demands/ western cost of living - competitors with a lower cost base have an advantage in some senses.

In reducing costs I'd imagine the tough choice would be between reduced investing in the first team or cutting costs relating to youth development/infrastructure. Possibly a bit of both...

Pretty stupid comment IMO does that mean that we dont bother playing against Celtc. ICT's management have been in place for a while and they obviously have decent links what with guys like Doran playing for them.

TheEastTerrace
11-12-2012, 11:42 AM
This thread really does hammer home the inflexibility of the ticket options we currently have.

I'm still disappointed the club have removed the Club Membership for now. Ok, it's not £220 for Fenlon to use but I actually liked having a club membership and having the ability to jump online and load a couple of games onto it. I can't go every week so the ST and the Half ST is out. But just think if the club had package options you could load to the club membership. I know Hibs are working behind the scenes on this but I see removing the club membership as a backward step.

green&left
11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Any news on the memberships they rolled out this time last year?

Having been a season ticket for about 15 years i opted for the membership thing last season, no real incentive to stump that much cash up front for a season ticket/half season ticket.

StevieC
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Pretty stupid comment IMO

Stupid? Really? In what way?
In the context of this thread, it's being argued that more season tickets = better team = more wins.
The fact that we have been beaten recently by teams with far fewer season ticket holders I think shows that more season tickets does not guarantee success. I don't see it as being "stupid" but factual.

does that mean that we dont bother playing against Celtc.

Quite the opposite, not sure of your thinking behind saying that? If ICT can show that a team with fewer season ticket holders can beat a "bigger" team then surely it gives us more hope against Celtc??

It could be argued that they put in more than some but the manager's budget is decided more on who pays up front than who might turn up later.

Do you think so?
I suspect that there are a lot more important factors to a managers budget than season ticket sales.
At worst you could budget on a projected minimum income from sales, and if you do better than expected then you have a fighting pot to strengthen/improve a successful team the following season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for season tickets and money up front, but surely you can see why lots of supporters choose not to .. and they should be able to choose without their support of the team being called in to question?

SlickShoes
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
So the prices should be reduced for the quality tae go down further? If people want a decent team on the park it has tae be paid for and unfortunately we dinnae have England's silly TV money so unfortunately the onus falls more upon the punters. Hopefully one day the silly TV money leagues will go pop and fitba players wages will come back down tae the sensible(ish) levels they used tae be before live TV got involved. The last two seasons have been grim, nae doubt but we're heading in the right direction now with a manager who seems tae have a lot of the right ideas, punters will either have tae take a chance and back that idea or let it wither on the vine.

I don't know where you read that I suggest the club reduces the price. If you had just gotten over the cup final and were considering getting a half season ticket, the results in the last 4 games would have a direct effect on this.

Money is tight for everyone just now, a lot of people will make a sacrifice to see a good hibs team, not many will fork out the cash to see a mediocre one. Let's not get carried away, we are mediocre at best, we had a horrible season last year but we are no where near being a good team on the park yet, it's going to take time. Petrie needs to realise this too, it's going to take a long time to build the support back up unless we manage to win a cup or something out of the ordinary.

StevieC
11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Any news on the memberships they rolled out this time last year?

If they do decide to introduce the membership it wont be introduced until after they are sure that all season ticket possibilities have been exhausted.

I think the membership is a great idea, as it fills a gap between occassional and regular walk-ups, but I can see how it would adversely affect season ticket sales.

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2012, 12:26 PM
With 8000 season ticket holders and normal crowds of 10,000 home fans I wouldn't expect too high a number to be sold.
Half seasons are valid for the Ross County game I believe so there should be an increase within the coming two weeks.

I'll be buying one tomorrow although there's no incentive for me to buy as I won't be at every home game and there are often spare seasons available. I am hoping that good sales will allow us to get one or two signings in during January as we seriously need some creativity and width in midfield.

I was told by the lady that sold me two half season tickets that they were valid from the day of purchase and that my 2 bairns will gain entry to the Motherwell game this weekend!!!!

Will not be happy if this is not the case as i have went under extreme negotiations with the wife to purchase them, and have spent the last four months persuading my eldest to return after a two year absence!!!!!

Chuck Rhoades
11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
We have shown before cheaper tickets do not guarantee larger crowds. Look at some of the games in previous seasons when the prices were slashed and the attendances have hardly hit the roof. The same applies to the free Celtic ticket, still thousands available for public sale.

IMO the club should do something similar to dynamic pricing. They should outline the proposed price of STs based on how many are sold by say the end of May. Supporters who sign-up would be tied into a contract, so they cannot pull out if they are unhappy with price. The payment can they be paid by the end of June (before the transfer market opens) or alternatively a payment plan is taken out.

8,000 - £400
8,500 - £375
9,000 - £350
9,500 - £325
10,000 - £300

And so on.

I am not sure exactly how it would work, but I feel we need this sort of strategy/target to increase our ST sales. It would be a rallying call to the support and encourage people to persuade family/friends to sign-up.

It has been proven early bird/promotions do not work to increase sales dramatically.

In saying that, I bet half the people on here who constantly moan about pricing still wouldn’t sign-up if it cost less than £300.

Hiber-nation
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I was told by the lady that sold me two half season tickets that they were valid from the day of purchase and that my 2 bairns will gain entry to the Motherwell game this weekend!!!!

Will not be happy if this is not the case as i have went under extreme negotiations with the wife to purchase them, and have spent the last four months persuading my eldest to return after a two year absence!!!!!

Got mine last week and and the guy confirmed that Ross Co game was the first eligible game - official site backs that up.

Usual Hibs...mixed messages!

ScottB
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I'd love to get one but things are just a bit too tight to do it right now. I am plotting getting a season ticket next year on the instalments however :agree:

JustSimplyHibs
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Got mine last week and and the guy confirmed that Ross Co game was the first eligible game - official site backs that up.

Usual Hibs...mixed messages!

FFS, i just printed the forms and completed them without reading the crap on the site, in the hope that any of my questions would be fully answered in person!!!! I'll accept my part, however, the admin and customer service is fundamental in an organisation and if we cannae even get this right it puts people right off and gives of a poor impression of the club...

Anyway, thank you :thumbsup:

Sprouleflyer
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Always felt that a loyalty incentive for ST holders is a good way to go. It encourages current ST holders to keep renewing and provides an incentive for new ST holders. My ideal for an example is a £10 reduction each season over a 5 year period. While £10 might not sound like much at first, after a 5 year period you are entitled to £50 off your ST price, which is a decent reduction on a £350/£400 price. Other incentives such as early bird cup top up or free top could still be tagged onto the reduction.

JimBHibees
11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Stupid? Really? In what way?
In the context of this thread, it's being argued that more season tickets = better team = more wins.
The fact that we have been beaten recently by teams with far fewer season ticket holders I think shows that more season tickets does not guarantee success. I don't see it as being "stupid" but factual.

Quite the opposite, not sure of your thinking behind saying that? If ICT can show that a team with fewer season ticket holders can beat a "bigger" team then surely it gives us more hope against Celtc??

Basically because there is a bit more to it than the number of season ticket holders. While having more fans is a good sign and will likely give the manager more to spend the quality of the management at the club both in terms of financial management and more important on the playing side will have much more of an impact.

To come with the statement that we shouldnt lose to teams with fewer ST's seems a little simplistic.

clerriehibs
11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Basically because there is a bit more to it than the number of season ticket holders. While having more fans is a good sign and will likely give the manager more to spend the quality of the management at the club both in terms of financial management and more important on the playing side will have much more of an impact.

To come with the statement that we shouldnt lose to teams with fewer ST's seems a little simplistic.

Year on year it should tho; we should NEVER be outside top 6. Unfortunately, we're always as likely to be fighting relegation as fighting it out for top 6.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
What's diffiecult to get a handle on is the impact of state of the economy versus other factors.

A number of folks that kindly agreed to chat with me as part of the LWT calling lapsed ST holders. From the albeit small sample reasons for non renewal was varied - a mix of performance, for some price was not an issue for others it reduced hours was a big factor.

Perhaps the slow take-up is in part time of year and economic factors. Over supply also means folks can still get seats.

Bighoose
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I can understand why people dont go if we are not playing well.

Thats one of the reasons I have a ST, as there were plenty of times last year I really didnt want to go to a game but went because I already had forked out for it....

and that and of a sense of loyalty and love of all things green of course.... :wink:

Keith_M
11-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I've still to buy the two I promised as presents for relatives, so I'm glad this thread is here to remind me :greengrin

Both of the tickets will be discounted (OAP and U18) and they both represent value for money over PATG, even if they miss a couple of games.

However, the Adult tickets really don't (unless you can guarantee to be able to make every home game) so I can see why some people would prefer to be Walk Ups, in case they end up paying more than they otherwise would.

StevieC
11-12-2012, 03:53 PM

That's true, but that's not what I said :confused:
(which is a relief, because I was starting to question my own perceived level of intelligence) :wink:

What I was suggesting (at least I hope thats what came across) was that more season tickets does not guarantee a better team, and this was proven by the fact that "smaller" teams were often doing just as well in the league as "larger" teams.

Supporters will still pay to go to games, whether it be by season ticket or walk up, so I am wondering why a managers budget would be hugely different if one method of payment was used more than the other?

hibs4thecup1988
11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
If more season tickets meant better teams or league positions we would be 4th every single year. It all depends on how the manager gets the players up too.

Regards budgets I think that getting guaranteed ticket money in rather than Walk up prices is better due to the fact you cannot assume we will have x amount of fans every week. The pay at the gate fans will go towards wages I am guessing?

Scouse Hibee
11-12-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't even consider the savings or lack of every year when I renew to be honest. Renewing my season ticket is just one of those things that I have to do every year as I would kind of feel lost without it. Boxing day will be the second or third home game I've missed this season due to regular visits to Liverpool, I always give my ST away for missed games so it doesn't go to waste.

hibeedonald
11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I want to get one, its more going by myself that puts me off, Dad packed it in years ago (was there at 7-0)/mates pick and choose there not that into it, fair enough I would get to know the people around me but the train journey to and from Glasgow (I'm studying there) and the walk to the ground would be pretty lonely!

IWasThere2016
11-12-2012, 05:01 PM

Which is why the pre-paid membership card for tickets, shop etc is the way ahead IMHO. A £200 or £250 upfront gives the club the finances and the supporter (the customer) choice - again the ST holders would be have more rights than the type of purchaser.

Have to agree with all StevieC says also on the matter.

down-the-slope
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
So the prices should be reduced for the quality tae go down further? If people want a decent team on the park it has tae be paid for and unfortunately we dinnae have England's silly TV money so unfortunately the onus falls more upon the punters. Hopefully one day the silly TV money leagues will go pop and fitba players wages will come back down tae the sensible(ish) levels they used tae be before live TV got involved. The last two seasons have been grim, nae doubt but we're heading in the right direction now with a manager who seems tae have a lot of the right ideas, punters will either have tae take a chance and back that idea or let it wither on the vine.

:agree: Way too sensible a post - afternoon libations :greengrin

Golden Bear
11-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Which is why the pre-paid membership card for tickets, shop etc is the way ahead IMHO. A £200 or £250 upfront gives the club the finances and the supporter (the customer) choice - again the ST holders would be have more rights than the type of purchaser.

Have to agree with all StevieC says also on the matter.

I couldn't agree more. The flexibility of such a scheme is a major attraction as it would be up to each fan to decide on how much they could afford to load onto their cards and how they preferred to allocate the funds. It's a win win situation if ever there was.

Bring it on.

:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM
That's true, but that's not what I said :confused:
(which is a relief, because I was starting to question my own perceived level of intelligence) :wink:

What I was suggesting (at least I hope thats what came across) was that more season tickets does not guarantee a better team, and this was proven by the fact that "smaller" teams were often doing just as well in the league as "larger" teams.

Supporters will still pay to go to games, whether it be by season ticket or walk up, so I am wondering why a managers budget would be hugely different if one method of payment was used more than the other?

Suppose Stevie its a bit like you deciding whether to get a new van....you could look at last years income / profit and decide that its possible to contract hire one if sales hold up....but if you got a new contract with guaranteed fixed income that amounted to half your last years turnover...you might be far more relaxed about spending the money / signing the contract (or at least the bank manager would :greengrin)

StevieC
11-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Suppose Stevie its a bit like you deciding whether to get a new van....you could look at last years income / profit and decide that its possible to contract hire one if sales hold up....but if you got a new contract with guaranteed fixed income that amounted to half your last years turnover...you might be far more relaxed about spending the money / signing the contract (or at least the bank manager would :greengrin)

I would buy a van because I needed a van.
The van I would buy would depend on my current guaranteed income. That would dictate whether I would buy a fairly new van, with all the extras, or an older van that had been round the block a few times. :wink:
If I had a slight increase in my guaranteed income then I might be a slightly better van.
That van might get me to jobs slightly quicker than my competitors but that might depend on traffic issues and engine reliability, so no guarantees.
If I had a good year then I would have the luxury of possibly upgrading the van at the end of the year, but if I didn't then I would have to depend on the van I had.

Hope that helps. :greengrin

down-the-slope
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I would buy a van because I needed a van.
The van I would buy would depend on my current guaranteed income. That would dictate whether I would buy a fairly new van, with all the extras, or an older van that had been round the block a few times. :wink:
If I had a slight increase in my guaranteed income then I might be a slightly better van.
That van might get me to jobs slightly quicker than my competitors but that might depend on traffic issues and engine reliability, so no guarantees.
If I had a good year then I would have the luxury of possibly upgrading the van at the end of the year, but if I didn't then I would have to depend on the van I had.

Hope that helps. :greengrin

I see you really do agree :greengrin...I just hope we get this

and not this

But that depends on up front income

Speedy
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I got a half season ticket (think it was £45 for FF lower) while I was at uni, excellent value.

I worked a Saturday so I could only go to Sunday and midweek games and it was still worthwhile.

Games are moved too much for season tickets to be worthwhile unless there is a decent discount, the only major benefit seems to be having the same seat every week.