PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline share issue

VickMackie
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Almost the same statement as the yams except they've admitted it's for HMRC.

I think we'll start to see more of these in the new year. Clubs will probably look to get a decent lump funds out the fans at the beginning then possibly start monthly subscriptions to buy more shares or possibly donate.

1two
10-12-2012, 09:35 PM
HOMFC Pioneers? Who'd have thunked it?

givescotlandfreedom
10-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Dunfermline should just stop paying players then sign whoever they like. Seems to be the done thing.

Geo_1875
10-12-2012, 09:58 PM
They had a threat of a winding up order from HMRC but their chairman paid them off. They didn't get the same media coverage as HoMFC because it was their first offence.

Mikey
10-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Almost the same statement as the yams except they've admitted it's for HMRC.

I think we'll start to see more of these in the new year. Clubs will probably look to get a decent lump funds out the fans at the beginning then possibly start monthly subscriptions to buy more shares or possibly donate.

Rather than blindly handing over cash to bail out their board's mismanagement it's about time fans demanded a change at the top before sticking their hands in their pockets. If their board has bumped the taxman once who's to say they won't do it again.

It's not the fans fault that HMRC are demanding cash, it's those running the club. Yet the fans are expected to pay it.

Capt Mainwaring
10-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Since it seems a theme at the moment - I'M surprised that no one appeared to ask at the AGM whether or not STF would consider putting a percentage of his shares up for sale to allow supporters to purchase. Would the old boy be prepared to guide the proceeds directly into the club to allow more working capital and PF to wheel and deal?

Would there be an appetite for the fans to buy? Possibly the wrong time of year now but say post season?

CropleyWasGod
10-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Since it seems a theme at the moment - I'M surprised that no one appeared to ask at the AGM whether or not STF would consider putting a percentage of his shares up for sale to allow supporters to purchase. Would the old boy be prepared to guide the proceeds directly into the club to allow more working capital and PF to wheel and deal?

Would there be an appetite for the fans to buy? Possibly the wrong time of year now but say post season?

.... which is the same as asking STF to put cash into the club. Way-hey! Never an AGM goes by....:greengrin

Eyrie
10-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Surely it would be simpler for Hibs to simply issue fresh shares which the fans could subscribe to?

Mikey
10-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Surely it would be simpler for Hibs to simply issue fresh shares which the fans could subscribe to?

They would be pretty much worthless. Better to go to games and buy stuff from the shop if you want to put money into the club.

And if you already do that there are various sponsorship options, Kicks For Kids, The Hibernians, etc, etc.