PDA

View Full Version : Flying/driving home for Christmas - what games are you getting to?

lyonhibs
10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
For those of us not fortunate to live in EH8 (or indeed Scotland) for the rest of the year, who is all heading home for Christmas, and more importantly what games are you getting to?

Supporting Hibs from afar is all very well and good, but watching games on a laptop/in the pub is a poor, poor 2nd place to the real McCoy. When I'm not eating/drinking/gambling (and all the other wonderful Xmas traditions) my way into oblivion, I'm aiming to get to the Killie, Ross County, Celtc and H**** games.

Boxing Day at 3pm I'm really looking forward to for some reason - maybe as it'll be my 1st time watching us vs Ross County in my puff.

Cannot wait - endeavoring to co-ordinate a bunch of mates who - mostly - are being most recalcitrant in answering their PM's :I'm waiti - is a little side project, as the banter and beer is what I most miss about being away from home. The football can - and invariably will - vary from the sublime to the kitten-punchingly awful, but the day before and after it is one of life's simpler pleasures!!

norwayhibs
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
I am over for the Ross County game which I am really looking forward to. I am over again in january for the dundee game:flag:

Bristolhibby
10-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Flying up from Heathrow on the BA 08:00 to Edinburgh, for the Ross County game.

It does mean leaving Wiltshire at O-dark'o'clock for the drive up.

Cant wait for the traditional family piss up both before and after the game!

J

SJNB Hibby
10-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Flying from Canada tonight for work and staying over foir the Motherwell game-first in 2 years.

BTW can anyone advise if its OK to take bags into the stadium. I'll be in Edinburgh that day and plan to do some shopping, including the club store. Heading straighh back to Glesgae and flying home the next day. Was planning on using a backpack, but am concerned they don't allow bags in

hibs4thecup1988
10-12-2012, 03:58 PM
They allow bags in no problem. As long as no bottles or anything that shouldn't be in them if you get me. Take my rucksake every game :-)

LamontHFC©
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Get home from NY on the 19th for around a month, so hopefully will make a few games. Gutted there's a 2 week break start of Jan though!

Just praying I can get a ticket for Tynie away :pray:.

Does anyone know if club memberships renew automatically from last season or do we have to renew them?

Scouse Hibee
10-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Maybe Goodison on boxing day, will support Wigan though! :greengrin

SJNB Hibby
10-12-2012, 05:09 PM
They allow bags in no problem. As long as no bottles or anything that shouldn't be in them if you get me. Take my rucksake every game :-)

Ta

HH81
10-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Get home from NY on the 19th for around a month, so hopefully will make a few games. Gutted there's a 2 week break start of Jan though!

Just praying I can get a ticket for Tynie away :pray:.

Does anyone know if club memberships renew automatically from last season or do we have to renew them?

Your club membership will be able to be used from last season.

yeezus.
10-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Kilmarnock away is the easiest one for me to get to - the bus from one hun town to another for that one. Also going to get to the Celtic game on the 29th.

bathhibby
10-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Driving up on the 23rd & hope to get the Killie, Ross Co and Smeltic
Have to nash back down south for New Year but looking forward to a record crowd against the Tic

Greendub
11-12-2012, 04:37 AM
Back for a week from the 23rd, so Ross C and Celtic for me!

Lucius Apuleius
11-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Nane, nada, none. :boo hoo:

Iain G
11-12-2012, 08:55 AM
All being well, the Ross County game and the Celtic game, now where did I put my beanie and scarf and gloves and my thermals.... :greengrin

northseahibby
11-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Heading back offshore on the 21st..away till the 5th of jan...boo hoo

Bob Box Fish
11-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Driving up for the Celtic game.

JimBHibees
11-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Flying from Canada tonight for work and staying over foir the Motherwell game-first in 2 years.

BTW can anyone advise if its OK to take bags into the stadium. I'll be in Edinburgh that day and plan to do some shopping, including the club store. Heading straighh back to Glesgae and flying home the next day. Was planning on using a backpack, but am concerned they don't allow bags in

Left luggage at Waverley?

DH1875
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Fly out on the 17th. Cannae wait. MALAGA VS REAL MADRID :woohoo:.

Sweet Left Peg
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Extended shore leave 22-28. Might make the Killie game.

HH81
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Driving up for the Celtic game.

Least the A1 should be quiet. I considered it myself but might just come up for the Derby instead.

I come from Halifax and i always go up M6 way these days as i find A1 a joke.