PDA

View Full Version : Now it's the away form

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Last seaon the home form was diabolical and almost cost us SPL status. This season it is infinitely better ( as should always be the way ) but on the road we are totally unpredictable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but yesterday was our third 0-3 away league defeat this season - the two Dundee clubs and ICT - which is really costing us. Now, we aren't world beaters of course, but those results are worrying. We need to be more solid away and learn to tighten up. It's all part of the improvement curve and I'm not knocking how far we've come this season, but the next stage of our development needs to be keeping it tight on the road. If we can achieve that, we could be fighting for a second place finish sooner than we'd hoped.

lord bunberry
09-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Last seaon the home form was diabolical and almost cost us SPL status. This season it is infinitely better ( as should always be the way ) but on the road we are totally unpredictable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but yesterday was our third 0-3 away league defeat this season - the two Dundee clubs and ICT - which is really costing us. Now, we aren't world beaters of course, but those results are worrying. We need to be more solid away and learn to tighten up. It's all part of the improvement curve and I'm not knocking how far we've come this season, but the next stage of our development needs to be keeping it tight on the road. If we can achieve that, we could be fighting for a second place finish sooner than we'd hoped.

Last season we were diabolical home and away

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2012, 05:28 PM

Fair point :greengrin

We've got the home form much better now, but three 0-3 away results so far needs improving upon. We could really be pushing hard for runners-up if we can become harder to beat on the road. That's the next target for wee Pat.

Diclonius
09-12-2012, 05:29 PM

Last season we won six games away from home, which was more than 4 out of the 6 seasons before, and the same as the other 2.

#FromTheCapital
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry to be pedantic but the score against Dundee was 3-1 so only been pumped 3-0 twice now ;-)

lord bunberry
09-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Last season we won six games away from home, which was more than 4 out of the 6 seasons before, and the same as the other 2.

6 out of 19 is still nothing to shout about