View Full Version : Next 5 games

hfc rd
09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Motherwell (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Ross County (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)

Tough games coming up. I hope Clancy, Mcpake & Deegan are back for the festive run in.

WDWLD

hibs4thecup1988
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
If we want to have realistic ambitions of second it has to be :

Win
Win
Win
Draw/Loss
Draw

Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross county are ALL beatable. Celtic will be a tough one, and to be honest I would always take a draw at Tynecastle.

So those set of results should have us at LEAST 2nd come the winter break.

Sir David Gray
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Very tough run of games coming up.

We have a really good record at Easter Road this season so we should be looking to beat Motherwell and Ross County. Celtic will be tough and anything we get from them will be a bonus.

Our record away from home hasn't been good and we are losing far too many goals. We have a shocking record at Rugby Park and Tynecastle so, again, anything we get from those matches will be good.

Anything between 6-8 points is probably realistic. If we get more than 8 points, we'll be doing very well.

Hibees07
09-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Motherwell (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Ross County (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)

Tough games coming up. I hope Clancy, Mcpake & Deegan are back for the festive run in.

WDWLD

Motherwell - Draw
Killie - Defeat
Ross County - Win
Celtic - Defeat
Hearts - Defeat

4 out of 15 points.

Matty_Jack04
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Motherwell - Draw
Killie - Defeat
Ross County - Win
Celtic - Defeat
Hearts - Defeat

4 out of 15 points.

:aok: That's the spirit

hibs4thecup1988
09-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Motherwell - Draw
Killie - Defeat
Ross County - Win
Celtic - Defeat
Hearts - Defeat

4 out of 15 points.

No wonder we won't win things with that attitude :confused::rolleyes:

Hibercelona
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
:aok: That's the spirit

Lay off him FFS.

If thats his prediction, then thats his prediction.

yeezus.
09-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Looking forward to the Kilmarnock game. I think we can beat them, Motherwell and Ross County - but I have the feeling that Septic are going to start to run away with the league come the new year so we'll do well to beat them on the 29th.

HibbyRod
09-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Only one game outside Edinburgh! Not too shabby. :aok:

FromTheCapital
09-12-2012, 06:30 PM
(H) Motherwell - WIN
---------------------------
(A) Kilmarnock - DRAW
(H) Ross County - WIN
(H) Celtic - LOSE
(A) Them - WIN

So, that would give us 10 points out of a possible 15 and I think we'll be 2nd.

:pfgwa

Hibees07
09-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Lay off him FFS.

If thats his prediction, then thats his prediction.

Thank you Hibercelona, no point having a prediction thread when you have to predict 5 wins or be slagged off.

Some people need to be serious about how we compare to the other clubs instead of just writing them off.

Motherwell can be very good, Kilmarnock can be very good, Ross County already beat us, Hearts are our bogey team (when did we last win at the PBS) & Celtic are in the last 16 of the Champions League FFS.

Onceinawhile
09-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Motherwell - win
Killie - win
Ross county - win
Celtic - win
We go to tynie three points behind Celtic in the league needing to win by 5 to go top.
hearts - 0-7.

HibeeSince85
09-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Could win the lot but I reckon:

Win
Win
Win
Draw
Win

lyonhibs
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM
As always, winning all our non-Celtc home games must be the priority. 2 wins and 3 draws or 2 wins, 2 draws and a loss for me. 8 or 9 points I think.

Stretching it, a win at Tynie to add onto those against Ross County and Motherwell would be delightful.

Nando™
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM

:hilarious

Ridiculous.

FWIW:
Draw
Draw
Loss
Loss
Draw

Steve20
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Motherwell (H) - Lose
Kilmarnock (A) - Win
Ross County (H) - Win
Celtic (H) - Lose
Hearts (A) - Lose

Saorsa
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Win
Win
Win
Draw
Win

silverhibee
10-12-2012, 12:17 PM
One game at a time folks. :agree:

Hibees07
15-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Motherwell - Draw
Killie - Defeat
Ross County - Win
Celtic - Defeat
Hearts - Defeat

4 out of 15 points.

Look's like I was over optimistic after all, looks like 3 points now.

Craig_in_Prague
15-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Look's like I was over optimistic after all, looks like 3 points now.

Even that is optimistic.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-12-2012, 11:00 PM
This is Hibs. When we think we`re going to struggle we string a few wins together, when things are going well we lose to teams we should be beating. The next 4 games are as ever impossible to predict.

S.sct
15-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Motherwell (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Ross County (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)

WDWLD

Killie next, end off. Must get back on track.

jon paul jones
16-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Motherwell (H) - Loss
Kilmarnock (A) - Loss
Ross County (H) - Draw
Celtic (H) - loss
Hearts (A) - Loss

Sorry folks, this is how i see it unless the fans really get behind the team for the 3 games from the 26th onwards and the players respond. To warrant this opinion, ive attended the last seven games in person and I'll be at Killie for my sins

It'll be a cold cold Christmas i'm afraid based on what ive seen but happy to challenge the team to prove me wrong

Pete
16-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Agree with this.

...but the game on the third will be a big fat W. We aren't going to the emirates we're going to tynecastle to play a poor hearts.

cad
16-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Kilmarnock (A)
Ross County (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)

For various reasons I dont think Hibs will get many points out of these 4 games

The Voice Of Reason
16-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Kilmarnock (A) - LOSS
Ross County (H) - WIN
Celtic (H) - LOSS
Hearts (A) - LOSS

I am being optimistic in thinking we will beat Ross Co (hopefully Derek Adams's horrible comments (after they beat us the last time) will be pinned up on the Dressing Room Wall).

Heisenberg
16-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Killie (A)- Win
Ross County (H)- Win
Celtc (H)- Loss
Hearts (A)- Draw

Maybe a bit optimistic but not entirely out of our reach if we can find some of the early season form.

#FromTheCapital
16-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Tough run of games, to be honest I'd take 3 points from 12 as long as they came from beating the pink scarf twirlers.

lord bunberry
17-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Kilmarnock-win
Ross county -win
Celtic -loss
Hearts-win

If we manage to beat killie i think we will beat ross county celtic will be difficult and the day i predict anything other than a hibs win against that shower is the day i pack it all in

truehibernian
17-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Killie are like Hibs, very unpredictable - Ross County are a good side going forward but like Hibs leak goals - both games I can see score draws.

Celtic - no chance. They are too strong and it will be now they put a wee run together before the distraction of Europe again.

Hearts - two weeks ago I'd have said we go there full of confidence and it was an away win. But Hearts, despite the woes, are fighting for every point. Would love the win but I think this will be a right ding dong hotly contested battle - I'm hoping we have our battlers and strong players starting, Clancy and Deegan in particular. Clancy tends to get tighter to his man and rattles them with challenges early. He also likes to get forward and we need more from our full backs in the opposition half. Hibs can win though with belief and character.

Russell The Dug
17-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Kilmarnock-draw
Ross county -draw
Celtic - heavy loss
Hearts-win

:wink:

Iceman1875
17-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Kille - win
Ross County - Draw
Celtic - Draw
Hearts - Draw

I'm_cabbaged
26-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Motherwell - Draw
Killie - Defeat
Ross County - Win
Celtic - Defeat
Hearts - Defeat

4 out of 15 points.

You were optimistic were you not.

loanheadhibby
26-12-2012, 06:16 PM
You were optimistic were you not.

to think you were slated! I sure an apology is on the way?

whats galling as we have failed to beat Ross county in 4 attempts! That is shameful.

SteveHFC
26-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Celtic (H) Win
Hearts (A) Win

:greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
26-12-2012, 06:22 PM
to think you were slated! I sure an apology is on the way?

whats galling as we have failed to beat Ross county in 4 attempts! That is shameful.

Hardly slated. Just not a good attitude to say we are going to lose games.

Yes it looks like he was right, but no apology for actually looking for a positive attitude towards the team.

Never Mind. It should always be 1 game at a time!

hfc rd
26-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Celtic (H) Win
Hearts (A) Win

:greengrin

I would like to see that but think it going to be LL or LD out of those two matches.

loanheadhibby
26-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Yes it looks like he was right, but no apology for actually looking for a positive attitude towards the team.

When the club start doing something positive on the park I am sure punters will be positive but you cannot kid the punters mate. Slight improvement but let's not kid it would hardly have been difficult to improve on last 3 years.

i will always be a realist as far as hibs are concerned. 40 years of constant let down has taught me that.

hibs4thecup1988
26-12-2012, 06:40 PM
When the club start doing something positive on the park I am sure punters will be positive but you cannot kid the punters mate. Slight improvement but let's not kid it would hardly have been difficult to improve on last 3 years.

i will always be a realist as far as hibs are concerned. 40 years of constant let down has taught me that.

Mate, I am in your camp I really am. We have been horrendous over the last 7 or 8 games. And I fully believe we have been lucky the first few months.

But to say you expect your team to lose games... I just didn't get that.

I am in my 20's and I have been let down time and time again as well mate. Today was dire as have the last month or so. We need a big change and hopefully we can sign 3 or 4 next month otherwise crowds of 8,500 will be the norm after Saturday

NOLA
27-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Motherwell (H)
Kilmarnock (A)
Ross County (H)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)

WDWLD

2points

Famous5forever
27-12-2012, 11:01 AM
If we want to have realistic ambitions of second it has to be :

Win
Win
Win
Draw/Loss
Draw

Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross county are ALL beatable. Celtic will be a tough one, and to be honest I would always take a draw at Tynecastle.

So those set of results should have us at LEAST 2nd come the winter break.

Sadly if we lose our next 2 games we will be nearer 2nd bottom than 2nd top roll on the winter break so we can regroup and reorganise.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2012, 11:23 AM

so basically, you just want people to lie ?:confused: what would be the point in prediction threads asking for peoples predictions if everyone is expected to have the 'right attitude' and say

win
win
win
win
win

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 02:18 PM

I did say. ^^^^^ :agree:

Malthibby
27-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I predict:
win
win
win
win
win
GG

SouthamptonHibs
27-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Celtic will pump us on Saturday, my hope is WE can beat Hearts. to me a good season is two good cup runs and beating Hearts as much as possible. league is a waste of time as we will never win it. getting into Europe is pointless as we only ever get two games before getting bombed out in July to a Diddy team that we have never heard off as we sell our best players over the summer and don't sign the new ones until end of August. fun times roll on 3rd of Jan

lyonhibs
27-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think anyone in their worst nightmares could have seen us losing both our home games thus far. A December collapse of epic proportions, even allowing for the fact that you can more or less set your watch to the chronology of pretty much every Hibs season since records began. Begin decent, November/December wheels come crashing off, mini-rally around Feb/March then turd until the end of the season (unless we end up in the bottom 6, in which case occasionally we will go on a run of wins).

I'll be happy to avoid too much of a roasting against Septic, and a draw at Tynecastle would be exceeding my expectations at the moment to be honest.