PDA

View Full Version : January transfer targets

Golden Bear
09-12-2012, 08:20 AM
According to the SP:-

Dunfermline winger Joe Cardle.

Partick Thistle midfielder Chris Erskine.

Queen of the South pair Nick Clark and Gavin Reilly.

And Kenny Miller remains a realistic loan target.

I'm sure the list will grow in the weeks ahead but it's obvious we do need more players and the quicker the better. The absence of defenders on yesterdays bench highlighted that.

Hank Schrader
09-12-2012, 08:37 AM

I'm sure the list will grow in the weeks ahead but it's obvious we do need more players and the quicker the better. The absence of defenders on yesterdays bench highlighted that.

According to a Dunfermline fan I know Cardle has been outstanding this season.

Borderhibbie76
09-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I think we deffo need a centre half and a winger at the very least, and thats assuming we manage to keep the 3 loanees!!

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2012, 08:52 AM
If we can keep the 3 loans, then a centre half, 2 wide men would be great business in my opinion. As long as they were able to strengthen us, and not just squad fillers.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
If we can keep the 3 loans, then a centre half, 2 wide men would be great business in my opinion. As long as they were able to strengthen us, and not just squad fillers.

Key point for me.

We need players capable of coming in and doing a job in the 1st team right away.

I'd like to see Richie Foran at Hibs, always plays well against us and a very good SPL player.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
There are a good few Motherwell players that are out of contract at the season end.

Golden Bear
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
There are lessons to be learnt in so far as it is essential that WE scout our own players and not rely on the dubious testaments of shady agents or grainy videos.

cad
09-12-2012, 09:24 AM
I want something new. something we ain't had for decades ,in fact Im not sure they make them any more, its a while since I seen one at Hibs ,
most other teams seem to find them but no Hibs , I want one (2 TBH 1 either side) of those players that can take a throw in,that we actually retain possession from, now I dont know where you get them or how much they cost, I was thinking of sending Santa a line.
Im sure they would be of great benefit to Pat for a higher league position come the end of the season ,any idea`s ,
I only want whats best for Hibs ,likes :wink:

truehibernian
09-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm told we've started negotiations with Partick for Erskine and Clark is a very real target - also Livingston may make another attempt to get Handling on loan - they failed in summer to get him.

Cardle is a good player but I'd say if we're in for Erskine then that's the left sided player Pat prefers.

Steven_Hibs
09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I want something new. something we ain't had for decades ,in fact Im not sure they make them any more, its a while since I seen one at Hibs ,
most other teams seem to find them but no Hibs , I want one (2 TBH 1 either side) of those players that can take a throw in,that we actually retain possession from, now I dont know where you get them or how much they cost, I was thinking of sending Santa a line.
Im sure they would be of great benefit to Pat for a higher league position come the end of the season ,any idea`s ,

I hear you, it astonishes me to this day, that we cannot throw the ball and keep possession! We were doing this under the last dud, Calderwood. Same with when we kick off, what do we do :rolleyes: lump it out the park :confused: :rolleyes: Honestly

hfc rd
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I think we need a cb plus 2 wingers & a striker in this upcoming window. As well as the three loan players signed up.

SMAXXA
09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
See there's a number of comments wanting a centre half, to replace who I'm interested to know?

500miles
09-12-2012, 10:47 AM
We're not going to have a big squad full of capable first team regulars. We'll have a couple of squad players, who will be clearly just that, a settled first eleven, 3 or 4 competative players, and youth players. That's the best we can realistically hope for - and it gives our youth hope instead of chucking 10 needless signings in the way.

VPHIBEE
09-12-2012, 10:52 AM

Some height and physical presence in any position we strengthen, but especially the midfield. We have been playing well, but are not at the races winning high balls in the middle of the park.

truehibernian
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM
We're not going to have a big squad full of capable first team regulars. We'll have a couple of squad players, who will be clearly just that, a settled first eleven, 3 or 4 competative players, and youth players. That's the best we can realistically hope for - and it gives our youth hope instead of chucking 10 needless signings in the way.

My own view mate is that if Hibs secure safety in the next 5/6 games we will see the gradual introduction of the likes of Harris, Stanton and Caldwell/Handling. Reaching say the 38/40 point mark, which is very achievable in next run of games means Hibs and Pat can relax a little and blood some guys - Harris in particular needs to play. The midfield desperately needs a guy willing to drive, dribble and entertain. Cairney is our only real 'entertainer' - Wotherspoon is having a very good season but again it's confidence with him.

Taiwo and Claros as sitters just doesn't float my boat. But I can see why we've gone with that during our injury crisis. Sooner we get Clancy and McPake back the better. Shifting McGivern out left is crucial too. He has been superb cover, but I'd like height and strength right across that back line - then you can afford to gamble a little in midfield with young players.

blackpoolhibs
09-12-2012, 11:07 AM
See there's a number of comments wanting a centre half, to replace who I'm interested to know?

I say we need a centre half, as McPake while being a great leader seems to be missing quite a few games, and we need McGivern if we keep him at left back.

wookie70
09-12-2012, 11:22 AM

They could also double up as the man who marks the thrower. Something that hasn't happened at Hibs for years. We seem to like throwins as that is our latest kick off ploy. Blooter the ball, ala Gavin Hastings into the corner and lose possesion straight away. Thought I ahd seen the end of that when Alex Miller left.

I think the players we have are doing a decent job but it really shows when there are a few injuries. Like most signing up the 3 loaness is the first priority. I would agree with some wide players and also someone up top that can hold the ball up. Brewster in his time would have been great with Sparky. We have 3 decent Centre Halfs in my opinion and Maybury can also go into the middle at a push so I would look to other areas.

cad
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
They could also double up as the man who marks the thrower. Something that hasn't happened at Hibs for years. We seem to like throwins as that is our latest kick off ploy. Blooter the ball, ala Gavin Hastings into the corner and lose possesion straight away. Thought I ahd seen the end of that when Alex Miller left.

I think the players we have are doing a decent job but it really shows when there are a few injuries. Like most signing up the 3 loaness is the first priority. I would agree with some wide players and also someone up top that can hold the ball up. Brewster in his time would have been great with Sparky. We have 3 decent Centre Halfs in my opinion and Maybury can also go into the middle at a push so I would look to other areas.

Aye a Brewster ,Killen sort of player up front , and a Zoooomer / Liam Miller esk sort of midfielder whos not injury prone, and over 4`5"
We shall see what we shall see come Jan hopefully we wont have lost to many points through our injury list and the newbies will kick on ,still got a few to go out the door as well remember, if it starts snowing next week cancelling games till the break even better, Im only jokin aboot the snow likes :fibber:

Borderhibbie76
09-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Not necessarily anyone mate but we r threadbare at the back and need decent cover!!

Islanderhibee
09-12-2012, 12:18 PM
:flag:we are defo in for the lad erskine?.as i said on earlier post?.hes been scouted and watched by pat fenlon a lot!!.hes a bit of a late developer.hes left sided ,direct,tall.hes 25 now.pals with paul cairney?.my info is huddersfield and motherwell have also been sniffing about him?:hnet:

Hibees07
09-12-2012, 12:27 PM
We are struggling to afford LG so there is no chance we will be paying money for any players. The only signings we will make are players out of contract in January or Loan signings. I think it is safe to say that we shouldn't expect much this window so we can probably forget those players already being mentioned. I stand to be corrected though.

NOLA
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM
We are struggling to afford LG so there is no chance we will be paying money for any players. The only signings we will make are players out of contract in January or Loan signings. I think it is safe to say that we shouldn't expect much this window so we can probably forget those players already being mentioned. I stand to be corrected though.
Correct, don't see where the moneys coming from Tbh

JIm
09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Correct, don't see where the moneys coming from Tbh

250k from celtics advancement in Europe ...................
However much we made off the derby..............
Money we make of using the SFL use Easter road for cup semi............
Half Season ticket sales......

SMAXXA
09-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Not necessarily anyone mate but we r threadbare at the back and need decent cover!!

Your absolutely right mate we definitely need cover. Was just interested to see if it was a case of needing a CH as a first eleven or as squad back up.

We won't get him but I like the guy Gunning at UTD

Gmack7
09-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Richie foran would be a great signing

Steven_Hibs
09-12-2012, 03:37 PM

Hanlon

Postman
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
We have 3 decent Centre Halfs in my opinion and Maybury can also go into the middle at a push so I would look to other areas.

He can?? He's an average right back so would hope we never have to rely on him playing at centre half! Clancy and McGivern are the two who can play full back and centre half for me

dchibs
09-12-2012, 05:07 PM
There was a lot of talk about Paddy Mcourt during the last transfer window. Dont know where he stands in Lennons plans but I think he would be a good addition to HIBS.

Greendub
09-12-2012, 05:20 PM
There was a lot of talk about Paddy Mcourt during the last transfer window. Dont know where he stands in Lennons plans but I think he would be a good addition to HIBS.

I think Lennon would like to keep everyone he has tbh

Mr White
09-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Mcourt is a good player but maybe not what we need if we want to continue the improvement in attitude in the squad.

biffo1875
09-12-2012, 05:30 PM
the sultan of bruni :greengrin

1987green
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm told we've started negotiations with Partick for Erskine and Clark is a very real target - also Livingston may make another attempt to get Handling on loan - they failed in summer to get him.

Cardle is a good player but I'd say if we're in for Erskine then that's the left sided player Pat prefers.

Where do you get this stuff. Livi never asked for Danny he was offered Cowdenbeath and he turned the loan move down

truehibernian
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Where do you get this stuff. Livi never asked for Danny he was offered Cowdenbeath and he turned the loan move down

Ex Hibs player, current coach - Livingston wanted him, Hibs said no (summer loan) - only posting what I'm told mate so easy on the trigger finger.

PatHead
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Sowumni Brothers would be good. Fish man says done deal.

(Thought I would be first to say it)

SteveHFC
09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Mr Jordi Cryuff and Jose Antonio Reyes will both sign 18th month contracts. :cb

hibees 7062
09-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Your absolutely right mate we definitely need cover. Was just interested to see if it was a case of needing a CH as a first eleven or as squad back up.

We won't get him but I like the guy Gunning at UTD

:agree:

ScottB
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM

Gossip Column today said Palace are after him...

edinburghhibee
10-12-2012, 01:28 AM
If paddy is after role models to work hard and give there all for the team McCourt will be nowhere near our set up or radar!

McCardle is a great wee player I've said this several times already on this forum.

cannastar
10-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Mark Durnan of queen of the south central defender or midfielder has height and presence and is good on the deck and in air also reads game very well for a young fellow.Only a matter :flag::flag:of time before he pays at a higher level.Would be a great aquisittion for us.

I'm_cabbaged
10-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Some gadge called Gary from Blackpool with a cockney accent says expect Bob Malcolm in January.

superfurryhibby
10-12-2012, 07:34 AM

I think the rumour of a windfall from Celtics europen run is untrue and was reorted as such last week?

I think we`ll be lucky to keep the loanees and only if they go will we be signing anyone else. The squad is thin but as another poster said, I would be happy to ensure safety and let the young team have a run in the second half of the season. Given the debt, that what is most likely.

AlbertK86
10-12-2012, 09:51 AM

After Saturdays performance - Hanlon ..... no mans land and pathetic for all three goals

Not as frequent offender this season but still far too many mistakes if wants to be a top CH

Taz_hibee
10-12-2012, 10:29 AM
After Saturdays performance - Hanlon ..... no mans land and pathetic for all three goals

Not as frequent offender this season but still far too many mistakes if wants to be a top CH

My opinion of Hanlon is he plays well when the other CH plays well but does not play well when the other CH is having a bad game so our centre defence is either rock solid or gash depending on how well his CH partner is playing

Saorsa
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
My opinion of Hanlon is he plays well when the other CH plays well but does not play well when the other CH is having a bad game so our centre defence is either rock solid or gash depending on how well his CH partner is playingCannae agree, there were a good few games earlier in the season when Hanlon was the better CH and covered for poorer performances by McPake. He's also been playing on the wrong side for weeks, put McGivern on the right and I'd imagine his performances would suffer too. That winnae stop some folk having a go at their usual target though.

brog
10-12-2012, 10:41 AM

It was McGivern who lost his man for the first, both McGivern & Hanlon were beaten by the cross for the 2nd but Maybury was more culpable than both & the whole defence, including Hanlon & McGivern were missing at 3rd. In addition it didn't seem as if any protection was offered by midfield, ICT were running unopposed at back 4 time after time. Not sure why you would pick out Hanlon only other than he's an easy target.

Ozyhibby
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
It was McGivern who lost his man for the first, both McGivern & Hanlon were beaten by the cross for the 2nd but Maybury was more culpable than both & the whole defence, including Hanlon & McGivern were missing at 3rd. In addition it didn't seem as if any protection was offered by midfield, ICT were running unopposed at back 4 time after time. Not sure why you would pick out Hanlon only other than he's an easy target.

Not sure who is at fault, it's Pat's job to work that out but our defence is leaking goals badly. It may be the way we set up, the protection from the midfield or we may just need a change of personnel. Either way, it needs sorted.

truehibernian
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM

I was a big critic of Paul Hanlon however this season he is improving markedly - I don't think it's helped either him or Ryan McG that the full backs play narrow and are small in stature. When playing against width it is far more noticeable that Hibs struggle - more down to shape than the central partnership.

Let's not forget that Paul has been part of a defence that in the previous 2 games kept clean sheets - each player played their part in that.

The midfield also need to take some blame too IMHO - again, we play narrow quite often which really irritates me, because when Hibs do play with width they very often score or create chances from it. We play two sitters with neither really confident enough to drive forward and create - it's been left to DW, Cairney and Doyle (out of position) to become the creative players.

Get Harris or Stanton in there for the game v Motherwell. They play as a good unit and circulate the ball well. We need to play our game, higher up the pitch and more expansive in my opinion. Lasley and Law love getting forward so I don't want to see us constantly being pinned back in our own half watching them switch from flank to flank. Man marking, in their faces, tight to their men - it always throws up an entertaining game and I think both sides have a healthy respect for each other.

But I'm going for a Hibs win :agree:

Saorsa
10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
It was McGivern who lost his man for the first, both McGivern & Hanlon were beaten by the cross for the 2nd but Maybury was more culpable than both & the whole defence, including Hanlon & McGivern were missing at 3rd. In addition it didn't seem as if any protection was offered by midfield, ICT were running unopposed at back 4 time after time. Not sure why you would pick out Hanlon only other than he's an easy target.http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/Hammering_in.gif

Taz_hibee
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Cannae agree, there were a good few games earlier in the season when Hanlon was the better CH and covered for poorer performances by McPake. He's also been playing on the wrong side for weeks, put McGivern on the right and I'd imagine his performances would suffer too. That winnae stop some folk having a go at their usual target though.

So going by your logic your opinion is correct about the player but mine is not because it disgrees with yours

Saorsa
10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
So going by your logic your opinion is correct about the player but mine is not because it disgrees with yoursNo it's just an opinion just like yours which you are perfectly entitled tae hold and I am perfectly entitled tae and completely disagree with.

Taz_hibee
10-12-2012, 11:47 AM
No it's just an opinion just like yours which you are perfectly entitled tae hold and I am perfectly entitled tae and completely disagree with.

And you are right but last bit having a go was IMO uncalled for as I do not have any agenda against any 1 hibs player, I just post as I personally see it.

But hey opinions are like belly buttons. we all have one :greengrin:wink::agree:

Saorsa
10-12-2012, 11:51 AM
And you are right but last bit having a go was IMO uncalled for as I do not have any agenda against any 1 hibs player, I just post as I personally see it.

But hey opinions are like belly buttons. we all have one :greengrin:wink::agree:Sorry mate, I think there's been a bit of a mix up :greengrin that having a go comment wisnae actually in your direction, perhaps I should have made that a bit clearer in my original post:thumbsup:

Taz_hibee
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Sorry mate, I think there's been a bit of a mix up :greengrin that having a go comment wisnae actually in your direction, perhaps I should have made that a bit clearer in my original post:thumbsup:

Thats ok its the season of goodwill to all men after all :wink: :greengrin

SMAXXA
10-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Thats ok its the season of goodwill to all men after all :wink: :greengrin

Apart from Hanlon haha ;-)

Feed McGraw
10-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Sowumni Brothers would be good. Fish man says done deal.

(Thought I would be first to say it)

I`ve always dreamt o` a team o` thum ! :greengrin

California-Hibs
10-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Really really really hoping we manage to get something sorted with Kenny Miller. Would be a fantastic signing. :agree:

Feed McGraw
10-12-2012, 06:22 PM
If paddy is after role models to work hard and give there all for the team McCourt will be nowhere near our set up or radar!

McCardle is a great wee player I've said this several times already on this forum.

Well get his name right then, its Cardle - no Mc ! :greengrin

scoopyboy
10-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Well get his name right then, its Cardle - no Mick ! :greengrin

Its no Mick, its Joe:greengrin

Feed McGraw
10-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Its no Mick, its Joe:greengrin

Are you taking the Mick ? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Joe Cardle's dad lives in Blackpool, and his son would love to play for Hibs. Aberdeen were sniffing about in the summer, but if given the choice he'd jump at the chance to play at easter road.

Borderhibbie76
10-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Lets not let a transfer rumours page get in the way of a bit of hanlon bashing ah??? Dont think he was the only culpable one on sat guys, lay off ah???

Ozyhibby
10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Glad to hear Pat recognise at the AGM that the defence needs strengthening.

--------
10-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Glad to hear Pat recognise at the AGM that the defence needs strengthening.

He also said that he has targets in his sights to replace any of the loanees we lose.

It's easy to lay into Paul Hanlon right enough. he's playing out of position, and we've lost Clancy and McPake, our two most experienced defenders (McPake the club captain, too), so we're fielding what's far from PF's first-choice back four, but for one or two it's all Paul Hanlon's fault. Simple fact - we need Tim, Jake and Gary back in the side ASAP. Pat knows this, but he also knows that rushing them back before they're fully fit could be disastrous. Once we have our full squad back fit, we'll settle down again.

SteveHFC
10-12-2012, 11:00 PM
If we end up losing Leigh. I think Caldwell should get a chance :agree:

hungryhibs
11-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Joe Cardle's dad lives in Blackpool, and his son would love to play for Hibs. Aberdeen were sniffing about in the summer, but if given the choice he'd jump at the chance to play at easter road.

A hope he dose sign very good player allways liked the look of him

edinburghhibee
11-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Well get his name right then, its Cardle - no Mc ! :greengrin

*****!!! Ment that knew that was his name.....

SMAXXA
11-12-2012, 07:11 AM
He also said that he has targets in his sights to replace any of the loanees we lose.

It's easy to lay into Paul Hanlon right enough. he's playing out of position, and we've lost Clancy and McPake, our two most experienced defenders (McPake the club captain, too), so we're fielding what's far from PF's first-choice back four, but for one or two it's all Paul Hanlon's fault. Simple fact - we need Tim, Jake and Gary back in the side ASAP. Pat knows this, but he also knows that rushing them back before they're fully fit could be disastrous. Once we have our full squad back fit, we'll settle down again.

I think your right and it will settle down again once we get the other guys back and will probably take less of the emphasis of Hanlon.

I don't but the playing out of position part though mate, wether he is right or left of a centre back pairing that shouldn't have too much an impact on his performances. I think its fair to say that regardless of our opinions Pat will probably see James and Paul as his first choice ch's

partickthistle
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
:flag:we are defo in for the lad erskine?.as i said on earlier post?.hes been scouted and watched by pat fenlon a lot!!.hes a bit of a late developer.hes left sided ,direct,tall.hes 25 now.pals with paul cairney?.my info is huddersfield and motherwell have also been sniffing about him?:hnet:
Guys I realise Hibs are a far far bigger club than Partick Thistle and I would not begrudge Erskine like Cairney a move to Hibs who are arguably the second biggest team in Scotland (and the biggest non sectarian team)
I would however be disappointed if we lost him in January though as we have potentially a good chance of promotion this year and also a cup final in April with the Ramsdens. Say he went to Hibs in January and we got 20 grand for him, but then fail to make it to the SPL the difference between money made in the SPL and SFL is a lot more than 20 grand. I think it would be in his own interests to stay till the summer - he has a chance of a Ramsdens Cup winner medal and also potentially a divison one title medal and then in the summer he can get his deserved move to Hibs

Golden Bear
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Guys I realise Hibs are a far far bigger club than Partick Thistle and I would not begrudge Erskine like Cairney a move to Hibs who are arguably the second biggest team in Scotland (and the biggest non sectarian team)
I would however be disappointed if we lost him in January though as we have potentially a good chance of promotion this year and also a cup final in April with the Ramsdens. Say he went to Hibs in January and we got 20 grand for him, but then fail to make it to the SPL the difference between money made in the SPL and SFL is a lot more than 20 grand. I think it would be in his own interests to stay till the summer - he has a chance of a Ramsdens Cup winner medal and also potentially a divison one title medal and then in the summer he can get his deserved move to Hibs

I hear and understand what your saying. As a club we've been there many times with our players going to Rantic. Tis the way of the world I'm afraid.

3pm
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Erskine any good?

partickthistle
11-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Erskine any good?
Yep very good.
The pars also have some decent players if you could take a look there :wink:

MSK
11-12-2012, 06:12 PM
I would however be disappointed if we lost him in January though as we have potentially a good chance of promotion this year and also a cup final in April with the Ramsdens. Say he went to Hibs in January and we got 20 grand for him, but then fail to make it to the SPL the difference between money made in the SPL and SFL is a lot more than 20 grand. I think it would be in his own interests to stay till the summer - he has a chance of a Ramsdens Cup winner medal and also potentially a divison one title medal and then in the summer he can get his deserved move to HibsAw come on man ...we could give you Galbraith as a replacement ...:aok:

Golden Bear
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Aw come on man ...we could give you Galbraith as a replacement ...:aok:

I think he could be destined for Dunfermline. He's been training with them - at least that's what I read.

Mark79
11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I think he could be destined for Dunfermline. He's been training with them - at least that's what I read.

Hmmmm. They already have a left winger by the name of cardle. Swap?

MSK
11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I think he could be destined for Dunfermline. He's been training with them - at least that's what I read.Bugger ..aw right ..Ivan Sproule then ...:whistle:

snooky
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
With all the aimless punts up the park to Snow White's pals, it's blatently obvious we need a big man at CF who is good in the air.
How good would Sparky be alongside Alan Gordon at his best? Scarey thought.

Speedway
11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
With all the aimless punts up the park to Snow White's pals, it's blatently obvious we need a big man at CF who is good in the air.
How good would Sparky be alongside Alan Gordon at his best? Scarey thought.

That's what we bought Shefki 'Nuthin' but Goals' Kuqi for, non?

partickthistle
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Erskine any good?
one of our best players along with a certain Sean Welsh who has been a revelation with us

ScottB
11-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Surely with Dunfermline circling the drain they'll be looking to cash in on players next month?

007 Mickey Weir
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
one of our best players along with a certain Sean Welsh who has been a revelation with us

So glad Sean is doing well. Stand out in the Under 19s double winning team. But never had a chance at first team football for various reasons. Hope he helps u back up tithe SPL.

YehButNoBut
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Hibs being linked with Erskine but have competition from Huddersfield & Motherwell it seems, should be able to top Well's offer but Huddersfield would be able to offer more money you would think.

http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/hibs_linked_with_partick_thistle_midfielder_chris_ erskine_rss3630517.shtml

Fenlon eyeing up another raid on Firhill?

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon has today been linked with a move for Partick Thistle midfielder Chris Erskine.

The 25-year-old has been a stand out for the Jags this season, and Hibs boss Pat Fenlon is a keen admirer, having been to Firhill on a number of occasions to see him.

Apparently both Huddersfield and Motherwell have had the player watched as well, so the Hibees could face competition for his signature.Erskine has played over 100 games for the First Division side since signing from Junior outfit Kilbirnie Ladeside in 2009.

Should Hibs move for the player a small fee would need to be agreed, as he is contracted at Firhill until May 2013. Hibs raided Partick Thistle at the start of this season for Paul Cairney, who has been an absolute revelation at Easter Road, let's hope his former team mate has such an impact if he joins.

hfc rd
12-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Also were we not linked with two QOS players called Daniel Carmichael & Nicky Clark. Never heard or seen them play before. Did they play in the cup game earlier in the season?

Golden Bear
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Also were we not linked with two QOS players called Daniel Carmichael & Nicky Clark. Never heard or seen them play before. Did they play in the cup game earlier in the season?

Nicky Clark is the son of Sandy Clark the ex Hearts and Rangers player, and yes they play against us in the cup tie.

hfc rd
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Nicky Clark is the son of Sandy Clark the ex Hearts and Rangers player, and yes they play against us in the cup tie.

What were they like?

shetlandhibee
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
-------------------------------------------------------Williams----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------McPake----------------McGivern----------------------------------------------

Clancy--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Stevenson

------------------------------------------Deegan------------------Claros-----------------------------------------------

McCourt (On a loan deal)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cairney

------------------------------------------Griffiths--------------------Miller-----------------------------------------------

SUBS

Murdoch
Doyle
Wotherspoon
Calldwell
Handling
Donaldson

shetlandhibee
12-12-2012, 07:03 PM
-------------------------------------------------------Williams----------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------McPake----------------McGivern----------------------------------------------

Clancy--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Stevenson

------------------------------------------Deegan------------------Claros-----------------------------------------------

McCourt (On a loan deal)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cairney

------------------------------------------Griffiths--------------------Miller-----------------------------------------------

SUBS

Murdoch
Doyle
Wotherspoon
Calldwell
Handling
Donaldson

Oh and another Defender:thumbsup:

partickthistle
13-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Also were we not linked with two QOS players called Daniel Carmichael & Nicky Clark. Never heard or seen them play before. Did they play in the cup game earlier in the season?Both very highly rated in the lower divisons and both could easily fit into an SPL team

partickthistle
13-12-2012, 12:51 PM
So glad Sean is doing well. Stand out in the Under 19s double winning team. But never had a chance at first team football for various reasons. Hope he helps u back up tithe SPL.Thanks mate was delighted he signed a contract with us during the summer a very key player for usWould look forward very much to trips through to Easter Road again, been far too long, also my cousin and Uncle are diehard Hibbees

eastmainsmsh
13-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Garry Kenneth would be a decent signing if fit think thats his problem at Bristol Rovers ...Yes he is rugged but i think he potentially could be a decent stopper .....Mark Reynolds another

Iceman1875
13-12-2012, 02:23 PM
I read online that Chris Burke is out of favour at Birmingham. Clearly wages might be an issue but how about a wee 6 month loan deal? Thoughts?

renato
13-12-2012, 05:31 PM
What were they like?

Daniel Carmichael tore our FB's a new one - exactly the type of tricky, pacey and creative winger we lack just now.

Hopefully Erskine is of similar ilk, he's certainly rated highly (assuming we manage to get him).

JimBHibees
14-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Daniel Carmichael tore our FB's a new one - exactly the type of tricky, pacey and creative winger we lack just now.

Hopefully Erskine is of similar ilk, he's certainly rated highly (assuming we manage to get him).

Who the full backs were need to be taken into account? Kujabi/Booth and Maybury??

Ozyhibby
14-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Who the full backs were need to be taken into account? Kujabi/Booth and Maybury??

Team selection that night still makes me mad. What was Pat thinking?

renato
14-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Fair point. It was Kujabi and Clancy - both had poor games that night but IMO Carmichael was the reason for that.

Tonez
19-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Liam Craig pre contract from St Johnstone. :aok:

SteveHFC
19-12-2012, 01:13 PM

:aok:

JimBHibees
19-12-2012, 01:46 PM

Definite? and source?

Houchy
19-12-2012, 03:33 PM

East terracing tiles, sponsorship of the stadium by rainbow comms.
That combined with the above means there should be an increase in revenue.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-12-2012, 06:18 PM

Can't see it. Hope you are right though

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I just hope we get enough good players to halt this impending doom thats apparently on its way?

Saorsa
19-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I just hope we get enough good players to halt this impending doom thats apparently on its way?and the fact that we're really crap at the top end of the table just isnae helping matters at all, terrible times indeed. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2012, 06:36 PM
and the fact that we're really crap and at the top end of the table isnae helping matters at all, terrible times indeed. :agree:

:agree: We need to drop at least 6 places, and get in amongst the real dross.

Its what we know best, and are much more comfortable in.

Wee Scottie Dug
19-12-2012, 10:48 PM

He definitely has the offer on the table, but has still to put pen to paper. FWIW his dad says he will sign it before weekend, so we will soon find out. Hopefully once that's done we can maybe get him in January for a small fee:thumbsup:

hungryhibs
19-12-2012, 11:39 PM

Heard this also should be finalised at the end of the week

SteveHFC
19-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Heard this also should be finalised at the end of the week (source team mate)

Would be a good signing :aok:

hungryhibs
20-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Would be a good signing :aok:

He has been a good player for stjohnsten and I've liked the look of him he's has also scored a few times agianst use

Gmack7
20-12-2012, 06:00 AM
He has been a good player for stjohnsten and I've liked the look of him he's has also scored a few times agianst use

We should be trying to get Davidson on a pre contract aswell

IWasThere2016
20-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Hunward bound according to some papers.

hungryhibs
20-12-2012, 07:58 AM

thin hes got other plans that lad :confused:

number9dream
20-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Pre-contract offers for Liam Kelly at Killie and Aaron Doran at ICT would be a huge step in the right direction. Both would walk into our first team.
We can surely offer them higher wages than they are on currently but there might be competition from English clubs come the summer.

Jags pal tells me Erskine is very gifted player but has no pace. We could really do with a speedster in the team but I appreciate these guys are hard to find. Not sure we need another centre-half since we have McPake, Hanlon, McGivern, Clancy and Donaldson.
An overlapping right-back in the Whittaker mould would be nice. Did Cardle play rb for the Pars some times?

Tonez
20-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Can't see it. Hope you are right though

Apparently had medical yesterday. If all went well he's expected to sign.

Golden Bear
20-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Apparently had medical yesterday. If all went well he's expected to sign.

I've never been in favour of pre-contract agreements when it involves a player moving between clubs in the same league. It must make life very difficult for the player himself as he's likely to get a hard time from the fans of his existing club.

As we know too well.

:wink:

Stevie Reid
20-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Would be very pleased if we were to get LC.

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2012, 01:15 PM
There could be quite a few decent players available from the smaller clubs in the SPL this summer. I know it's not armageddon but most will be cutting back. Any drop in the TV income, or even just the loss of 1/2 away gates, will cause more of a difference to them.

I know we have had a thread girning about the crowd against Motherwell, but if you take St. Johnstone (since it is one of their players rumoured just now), their crowds now are a lot lower than they were 15-20 years ago. Now this is a team that has been going very well (relatively speaking) over the last 5-6 years, real progression and no major setbacks, yet the crowds have not increased in recent seasons. Eventually directors take a view if the crowds don't turn out if they push the boat out a bit, that they might as well not bother.

Wee Scottie Dug
20-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Would be very pleased if we were to get LC.

Count yourself as very pleased then, pen has been put to paper - negotiations underway to get him in in January - official announcement expected after the weekend. :flag:

SMAXXA
20-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Wee ***** always seemed to play well and score against us, would be a very good signing.

He no a centre mid? Maybe means Claros is away

JimBHibees
20-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Wee ***** always seemed to play well and score against us, would be a very good signing.

He no a centre mid? Maybe means Claros is away

Left midfield. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Craig

He played on Monday in the cup so will be cup tied if we get him in January.

6ft tall.

Stevie Reid
20-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Count yourself as very pleased then, pen has been put to paper - negotiations underway to get him in in January - official announcement expected after the weekend. :flag:

:aok:

Stevie Reid
20-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Just had a wee look on the Saints forum to see if they had any info (not doubting the posters on here btw) and on their transfer thread someone states that they've heard that Wotherspoon will leave next year as his new contract offer is for less of a wage than his current one - anyone know if this is true?

Wouldn't be surprised if the offer was less tbh, even despite his current resurgence.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2012, 02:58 PM

Pity he's cup tied

Golden Bear
20-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Just had a wee look on the Saints forum to see if they had any info (not doubting the posters on here btw) and on their transfer thread someone states that they've heard that Wotherspoon will leave next year as his new contract offer is for less of a wage than his current one - anyone know if this is true?

Wouldn't be surprised if the offer was less tbh, even despite his current resurgence.

I think Spoony has connections with St Johnstone ------ I'm sure I read that he supported them as a kid or was maybe a youth player with them? Maybe the Saintees live in hope of signing him (some day!)

Stevie Reid
20-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I think Spoony has connections with St Johnstone ------ I'm sure I read that he supported them as a kid or was maybe a youth player with them? Maybe the Saintees live in hope of signing him (some day!)

That's exactly what the post was saying, that they thought he could be tempted there! He is a St. Johnstone fan I think as he is from Perth, but was at Celtic as a youth IIRC.

edinburghhibee
20-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Thought we couldn't do this until the final 6 months of the contract???

Ignore that... Just thought if his contract runs out end of may then that's 6 months

McD
22-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Would be good if we could get him in January, would free up Cairney to play more ccentrally :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I was speaking to someone last night who played against Danny Carmichael of Queens last week. Said he was the outstanding player on the park. Only 22 as well. I know we showed interest earlier in the season. Anyone know if we've been keeping tabs on him?

renato
22-12-2012, 12:08 PM
I was speaking to someone last night who played against Danny Carmichael of Queens last week. Said he was the outstanding player on the park. Only 22 as well. I know we showed interest earlier in the season. Anyone know if we've been keeping tabs on him?

I hope so, cracking player and exactly what we're lacking just now. I'm going to stop harping on about him, done that on a few threads already!

Tonez
22-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Was in lochend earlier on today and was introduced to a guy who is apparently a coach of some kind with Hibs. Anyway he was off to take in the Falkirk vs Airdrie game as Hibs are looking at somebody who's playing. No name was given though, that's the only information I got.

:confused:

SteveHFC
22-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Was in lochend earlier on today and was introduced to a guy who is apparently a coach of some kind with Hibs. Anyway he was off to take in the Falkirk vs Airdrie game as Hibs are looking at somebody who's playing. No name was given though, that's the only information I got. :confused:

Michael Hart?

007 Mickey Weir
22-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Was in lochend earlier on today and was introduced to a guy who is apparently a coach of some kind with Hibs. Anyway he was off to take in the Falkirk vs Airdrie game as Hibs are looking at somebody who's playing. No name was given though, that's the only information I got.

The coach of the under 15s goes out and does scouting for us.

truehibernian
22-12-2012, 05:24 PM

We've been interested in Craig Sibbald for a wee while I'm told.

Blaster
22-12-2012, 07:34 PM

All the Hibs coaches from youth level all the way up have been asked to attend lower Scottish league games by Pat and his new chief scout. This has been happening for a few weeks. When the weather has left enough games on to attend!

No full report to be completed. Just potential names at that stage. Pat seems to prefer taking a chance on young raw Scottish talent than journeymen from English leagues where feasible.

Cairney has shown the talent is there if you look closely enough

lord bunberry
22-12-2012, 07:42 PM
All the Hibs coaches from youth level all the way up have been asked to attend lower Scottish league games by Pat and his new chief scout. This has been happening for a few weeks. When the weather has left enough games on to attend!

No full report to be completed. Just potential names at that stage. Pat seems to prefer taking a chance on young raw Scottish talent than journeymen from English leagues where feasible.

Cairney has shown the talent is there if you look closely enough

As long as its not done in the Jim duffy style i think that this is the way to go

Blaster
22-12-2012, 07:50 PM
As long as its not done in the Jim duffy style i think that this is the way to go

True. I guess for every Gordon Durie there is a Paul Tosh

Billy Whizz
22-12-2012, 07:53 PM
We've been interested in Craig Sibbald for a wee while I'm told.

Where does he play?

edwards
22-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Could Sproule be going the other way as Saints showed interest in him in the summer.

truehibernian
22-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Where does he play?

Winger/attacking midfielder - very young still, had a wee injury last year - good enough to have Man Utd sniffing about him last year. I'm sure Falkirk would be very reluctant to sell though.

Billy Whizz
22-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Winger/attacking midfielder - very young still, had a wee injury last year - good enough to have Man Utd sniffing about him last year. I'm sure Falkirk would be very reluctant to sell though.

Thanks for the update.
Sounds one for the future. Falkirk from what I gather aren't in a great position financially to turn down offers.
I think there is a good crop of up and coming younger players in the lower divisions. Hibs, like most Scottish clubs, have shunned their own leagues in favour of foreign imports

bingo70
22-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Are Falkirk not really skint so need to sell though?

A nominal fee and % of a future transfer may be appealing to them as they're unlikely to get a big fee for him while they're in the first division and needing the cash.

truehibernian
22-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Are Falkirk not really skint so need to sell though?

A nominal fee and % of a future transfer may be appealing to them as they're unlikely to get a big fee for him while they're in the first division and needing the cash.

They are mate but he's highly rated albeit still late teens - I don't think Hibs would afford him, as I think he is good enough for higher level with the right coaching and guidance. A mate likened him to Kevin McAllister - I'd settle for that I tell you - Hibs are crying out for width and trickery and two natural wingers. We've been without really natural wingers for too long in my opinion.

bingo70
22-12-2012, 08:27 PM
They are mate but he's highly rated albeit still late teens - I don't think Hibs would afford him, as I think he is good enough for higher level with the right coaching and guidance. A mate likened him to Kevin McAllister - I'd settle for that I tell you - Hibs are crying out for width and trickery and two natural wingers. We've been without really natural wingers for too long in my opinion.

Totally agree, Cairney has been a real find and Wotherspoon has been like a different player but i'm not sure it's great for the team to have both of them playing on the wings, IMO we need some pace and a natural winger, even if it's just to come off the bench when the game is stretched.

shetlandhibee
24-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Would like to see another cb maybe meekings of inverness. their defence has been very good this year! And i like the look of the young boy jamie masson fae aberdeen.

CallumLaidlaw
24-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Would like to see another cb maybe meekings of inverness. their defence has been very good this year! And i like the look of the young boy jamie masson fae aberdeen.

It's quite funny how we rate other teams compared to hibs. You say ICT have been very good in defence this year, yet they have conceded 5 goals more than us! :aok:

Mikey
24-12-2012, 08:29 AM
It's quite funny how we rate other teams compared to hibs. You say ICT have been very good in defence this year, yet they have conceded 5 goals more than us! :aok:

It's an easy mistake to make when you get your footballing information from hibs.net.

Everyone's better than Hibs dontcha know :wink:

Ozyhibby
24-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Their defence is worse than ours.

Mikey
24-12-2012, 08:31 AM
........ I don't think Hibs would afford him..........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121219/bigger-crowds-bigger-kitty_2262950_3014279

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Not to sure what to expect from this January given statements from the club. Would love a more attack minded midfielder, winger and another fb.

I think that if the loanees are all kept we'll sign nobody though.

SteveHFC
27-12-2012, 11:36 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4715416/Craig-top-of-Hibs-hit-list.html

LioNeilMessi
27-12-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4715416/Craig-top-of-Hibs-hit-list.html

He'll surely have better offers than from us, would be a brilliant signing though.

LeighLoyal
27-12-2012, 11:56 PM
I like Cairney and Spoon wide, one or two indifferent games shouldn't detract that these guys are very good and Hibs class. A young McAllister would be great, but he'd surely need games and time. Replacing Griffith's goals is defo the hardest job.

shetlandhibee
28-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Their defence is worse than ours.

Yeah but if mcgivern goes back to man city i think meekings would be a gd replacement then we could have a back 4 of clancy-mcpake-meekings-stevenson sub defenders: hanlon and maybury

shetlandhibee
28-12-2012, 03:02 AM
Williams
Clancy-mcpake-meekings-stevenson (imo)/ but if you prefer hanlon.
Claros-deegan
wotherspoon-masson-cairney
doyle/k.miller

i think this would be a gd team if we lost lg and mcG

scoopyboy
28-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Williams
Clancy-mcpake-meekings-stevenson (imo)/ but if you prefer hanlon.
Claros-deegan
wotherspoon-masson-cairney
doyle/k.miller

i think this would be a gd team if we lost lg and mcG

Forget Meekings, he's signed a 2 year extention with ICT that takes him to the end of 2014-5 season.

Mr White
28-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Forget Meekings, he's signed a 2 year extention with ICT that takes him to the end of 2014-5 season.

Miller too, whitecaps have said he can't go on loan did they not?

Leighonel
28-12-2012, 11:15 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee/207722-the-155-spl-players-who-are-free-to-find-a-new-club-in-january/

A few of these players could be useful

AlbertK86
28-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Not saying we should go for all the following but realistic targets for me would be

Humphries and Higdon - Well
McGowan - st midden
Daley - dun Utd
Murray Davidson - st j

Gmack7
28-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Kenny miller said on sportscene that he would be interested in a loan move but no club has contacted vancouver yet,CMON HIBS

Aldo
28-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Murphy, Daly and Law fur a start. I can but dream!!

What about Cammy Bell... Worth a shout??

Lucius Apuleius
28-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Murphy, Daly and Law fur a start. I can but dream!!

What about Cammy Bell... Worth a shout??

Worth ringing him :agree:

Gmack7
28-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Kenny miller said on sportscene that he would be interested in a loan move but no club has contacted vancouver yet,CMON HIBS

Golden Bear
28-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Recently?

Aldo
28-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Worth ringing him :agree:

Ding a ling !! ;-)

Gmack7
28-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Recently?

i watched the spl highlights from from boxing day on the bbc last night.KM was with rob Mclean and billy dodds and it was mentioned at the end of the program

Golden Bear
28-12-2012, 01:46 PM
i watched the spl highlights from from boxing day on the bbc last night.KM was with rob Mclean and billy dodds and it was mentioned at the end of the program

Ah - the last I heard was that KM's Canadian club had refused point blank to consider a loan so I thought that was end of story.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2012, 02:03 PM

Brave man, I couldn't face it.

SteveHFC
28-12-2012, 02:33 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee/207722-the-155-spl-players-who-are-free-to-find-a-new-club-in-january/

A few of these players could be useful

Dundee United
Jon Daly, Barry Douglas,

Inverness
Andrew Shinnie Aaron Doran,

Kilmarnock
Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, Mohamadou Sissoko, James Dayton

Motherwell
Jamie Murphy, Michael Higdon, Darren Randolph, Tom Hateley, Nicky Law, Chris Humphrey,

Ross County
Scott Boyd, Mihael Kovacevic, Iain Vigurs

St Johnstone
Liam Craig,

Any of these would be great Hibs :cb

neilmartinrocks
28-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Any body know who this Simon (?) Lappin is?

3pm
28-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Any body know who this Simon (?) Lappin is?

He was at St Mirren then went to Norwich. Might be loaned out now.

Good left peg. Can play midfield or LB.

R'Albin
28-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Dundee United
Jon Daly, Barry Douglas,

Inverness

Kilmarnock

Motherwell
Jamie Murphy, Michael Higdon, Darren Randolph, Tom Hateley, Nicky Law, Chris Humphrey,

Ross County

St Johnstone
Liam Craig,

What's the deal with that Sissoko? Is he gonna be moving onto bigger things or is he just being released? Cause he's a cracking player imo.

neilmartinrocks
28-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Right coz he was mentioned last night. Couple of saints fans seem to think Lewis Stevenson is going to saints if Liam Craig comes to Hibs. Lappin was mentioned as a target for us to replace Lewis.

Sweet Left Peg
28-12-2012, 05:26 PM

Good.....but not Sweet!

Billy Whizz
28-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Dundee United
Jon Daly, Barry Douglas,

Inverness

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Ross County

St Johnstone
Liam Craig,

No one from Hearts available?

neilmartinrocks
28-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Nicky Rielly from Dundee?

JimBHibees
28-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Nicky Rielly from Dundee?

Think he is a very good player and would be an excellent signing for Hibs. Seems a little injury prone.

neilmartinrocks
28-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Think he is a very good player and would be an excellent signing for Hibs. Seems a little injury prone.

Aye was injuries cost him his place at the tims. Nippy wee player either wing seemingly.
Don't know if he signed an extention with Dundee though.

KeithTheHibby
28-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Dundee United
Jon Daly, Barry Douglas,

Inverness

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Ross County

St Johnstone
Liam Craig,

Would expect to see Motherwell and Killie suffer big time if they lost the players listed.

Hibees07
28-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I think I would prefer to sign the Motherwell scout as he seems to be doing an excellent job at finding bargain basement players.

offshorehibby
28-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I think I would prefer to sign the Motherwell scout as he seems to be doing an excellent job at finding bargain basement players.

I've thought about the scout/youth coach at Motherwell before it would be great to entice him away.

Russell The Dug
28-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Aye was injuries cost him his place at the tims. Nippy wee player either wing seemingly.
Don't know if he signed an extention with Dundee though.

He hasn't and would love a move home. Hopefully we give him a chance.

Famous5forever
28-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Petrie has pretty much said that our piggy bank is empty so on that basis i am not getting my hopes up that we will sign anyone. and please no more ( last min deadline day signings do not work Kuqi proves this )

truehibernian
28-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Petrie has pretty much said that our piggy bank is empty so on that basis i am not getting my hopes up that we will sign anyone. and please no more ( last min deadline day signings do not work Kuqi proves this )

That's as may be, however I think Hibs are looking forward and I'm hoping we get 2 or 3 signed on pre-contracts - admittedly not great for the here and now, but it's building a squad that Pat is happy with that's most important. If we can do some business on that front this window it means the team can hit the ground running pre-season rather than wait until these 'last minute deals' (in summer). This season I think we will yo-yo between 3rd and 7th which if you'd asked me in May I'd have settled for that given the circumstances.

Pace and creativity are the essentials for me - I'd like to see Pat focus his energy on getting wide men in.......and hey if big Jon Daly fancies a wee crack at Hibs that would be great too :agree:

Famous5forever
28-12-2012, 08:48 PM
That's as may be, however I think Hibs are looking forward and I'm hoping we get 2 or 3 signed on pre-contracts - admittedly not great for the here and now, but it's building a squad that Pat is happy with that's most important. If we can do some business on that front this window it means the team can hit the ground running pre-season rather than wait until these 'last minute deals' (in summer). This season I think we will yo-yo between 3rd and 7th which if you'd asked me in May I'd have settled for that given the circumstances.

Pace and creativity are the essentials for me - I'd like to see Pat focus his energy on getting wide men in.......and hey if big Jon Daly fancies a wee crack at Hibs that would be great too :agree:

good post but what i cant get my head around is why their are no kids from our multi million pound state off the art Academy coming through we sign all these second rate duds ( Kuqi ) as an example but nada not a peep from the conveyor belt that produced so many star players in recent years.

shetlandhibee
29-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Sell; kuqi, sproule, pa kujabi

Buy; claros,sissoko/boyd/dayley,craig and griffiths

williams

clancy-mcpake-dayley-stevenson
clatos-deegan
wotherspoon-craig-cairney
griffiths

Subs

doyle
Murdoch
handling
caldwell
donaldson
hanlon

jodjam
29-12-2012, 05:06 AM

williams

clatos-deegan
griffiths

Subs

doyle
Murdoch
handling
caldwell
donaldson
hanlon

Dinny ken where to start with this post but its weird you want sissoko in only for him not to even be in your squad

Reaper
29-12-2012, 09:40 AM

williams

clatos-deegan
griffiths

Subs

doyle
Murdoch
handling
caldwell
donaldson
hanlon

I know the Tache is great at driving a hard bargain but if he manages to get money out of a club for S-heavy then he deserves a knighthood.

J-C
29-12-2012, 09:49 AM

williams

clatos-deegan
griffiths

Subs

doyle
Murdoch
handling
caldwell
donaldson
hanlon

So you'd bring in a natural left sided midfielder and play him in the middle and keep Cairney ( AM ) who we need in the middle and play him wide again.............don't think you've really thought this through have you.:confused:

Russell The Dug
29-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Any more news on the lad Erskine from Partick we are rumoured to be in for?