PDA

View Full Version : Doyle Dropped...

neil7908
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
The last 2-3 games haven't been his best for Hibs but IMO it was a bit harsh for him to end up on the bench, especially as if we are going to give any of the subs a try I just feel that going forward Caldwell and Handling should be getting some game time.

If we cant keep Leigh after January or even if we do hold onto him but he gets a bad injury or his form disappears then we will need to have a bit more cover. Just cant see Kuqi and Ivan providing that so would hope to see the young guys getting a game or hopefully some plans being made to bring in another body up front.

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Doyle has been trying hard but nothing coming off for him recently.

Sproule(in my opinion) changed the game last week. Yes ok he may have ran about like a headless chicken but he took the pressure off us at a difficult time. In my view he deserved a chance today. Not sure how he played... but according to some he hardly touched the ball so maybe Pat is aware that he is only a bench player.

Back to Doyle though.... I feel he is a good player. He cannot play like he has done this season then just turn bad...(remember his ball to sparky for the volley vs Dundee United?) Maybe Pat felt he needed a wee rest before the run of hectic games. Just hope we can hold onto Leigh. If not...who knows what will happen. But the rumours going around last week were it was either Leigh or Kenny Miller. Who knows?

LeighLoyal
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Sproule is and always will be an impact player, but I doubt it would have mattered much to the result starting Doyle instead.

neil7908
08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Doyle has been trying hard but nothing coming off for him recently.

Sproule(in my opinion) changed the game last week. Yes ok he may have ran about like a headless chicken but he took the pressure off us at a difficult time. In my view he deserved a chance today. Not sure how he played... but according to some he hardly touched the ball so maybe Pat is aware that he is only a bench player.

Back to Doyle though.... I feel he is a good player. He cannot play like he has done this season then just turn bad...(remember his ball to sparky for the volley vs Dundee United?) Maybe Pat felt he needed a wee rest before the run of hectic games. Just hope we can hold onto Leigh. If not...who knows what will happen. But the rumours going around last week were it was either Leigh or Kenny Miller. Who knows?

Would love to have them both at ER but I cant see that happening. I know a lot of folk dont rate Miller and to be fair I wouldn't be picking him for Scotland but I personally would be delighted to have him at the club. But hopefully not as a result of Griffiths leaving.

Sproule is defninitely an impact player, I've always liked him for giving 100% but just feel that him along with Kuqi and Kujabi could have their wages spent in more productive areas.

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 10:43 PM
The change of shape severely effected us today. It should have been a direct swap between Doyle/Caldwell. With Sproule coming on as an impact sub later on.

The 4-4-2 shouldn't have been altered. It's been a working formula for us this season.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Doyle could have been rested, maybe Pat was trying to rotate a little?

We dont have too many players we can bring in, and with us missing 3 players who'd start each week its difficult to keep playing the same 11 players who have started each week recently.

darwenhibby
08-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Well said BH. Think PF knows the team needs freshening up a little. Sounds daft but the likes of captain deegan & clany are gonna feel like new signings. Credit to the team for effort over last few weeks but they are starting to blow out their erchies a wee bit.

Looking forward to the trip next week in the Lancaster bus. And hopefully 3 Pts for Hibs!

J-C
09-12-2012, 04:34 AM
Said pre match that Doyle was looking tired and jaded and needed a rest, would've like to have seen one of the young lads being brought in rather than Sproule.

steviej147
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
should have gave handling,caldwell, or stanton game time before sproule hes past his sell by date and with the transfer window coming up pf should free spoule kujabi and galbraith then there will be some wages free to keep lg and the other loanees .:pfgwa

hibsfootballer
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
should have gave handling,caldwell, or stanton game time before sproule hes past his sell by date and with the transfer window coming up pf should free spoule kujabi and galbraith then there will be some wages free to keep lg and the other loanees .:pfgwa

If these players are freed, the club still owes the players money. Freeing them isn't free to the club.

Stevie Reid
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I think Doyle had completed a full season in Ireland before he signed for us in December last year, so was probably a good time to rest him after his form (but never his work rate) dipped a bit in recent weeks.

Have always liked him and think he will get better during his time here - if Pat sees fit to rest him for the moment, that's fine by me.

hibsbollah
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
As others have said, Doyle was probably 'rested' as opposed to 'dropped'. He's been off form for a month (these foreigners coming over here, can't cope with Scottish winters etc etc...) and probably needed a rest.

Ivan was very good in the derby as everyone agrees so really can't see why anyone's surprised Pat brought him into the starting eleven at Inverness. It clearly didn't work, but if every manager had the power of foresight it would be an easy job.

--------
10-12-2012, 10:52 PM
As others have said, Doyle was probably 'rested' as opposed to 'dropped'. He's been off form for a month (these foreigners coming over here, can't cope with Scottish winters etc etc...) and probably needed a rest.

Ivan was very good in the derby as everyone agrees so really can't see why anyone's surprised Pat brought him into the starting eleven at Inverness. It clearly didn't work, but if every manager had the power of foresight it would be an easy job.

I remember a very talented English football manager pointing out in an interview that in the matter of selection and assessment of players he was always at a serious disadvantage compared to the supporters who ALWAYS knew EXACTLY who he SHOULD and SHOULDN'T have played/dropped/substituted whenever the team had lost a match.

"My team," he said, "actually goes out on the park and plays."