PDA

View Full Version : Billy McKay and Aaron Dorran

john18722
08-12-2012, 07:17 PM
I thought both of these guys looked brilliant today. McKay, although, small was brilliant at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and is also quick and direct. Whereas Dorran was very quick and tricky. It doesn't surprise me that ICT are doing so well with these guys in the team.

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Worth a punt in January before English teams inevitably notice them?

john18722
08-12-2012, 07:27 PM

If we dont get Griffiths I think McKay looks a very similar player and would be a good replacement. But having scored 11 goals already this season I wouldn't imagine ICT giving him up very easily. Dorrans would also be an excellent additional and could potentially play on the left, allowing Cairney to play through the middle.

Have to be honest though I don't think Hibs have much chance of getting either of them unless they are out of contract soon.

justlikebrazil
08-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Worth a punt on the chief scout of Caley.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
McKay was picked up on a free from Northampton Town while Aaron Dorran was on Blackburn Rovers' books and appeared 3 times for them before spending most of his time out on loan at lower league clubs.

Butcher is to be commended for recognising they could do a job :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-12-2012, 08:20 PM
You have to say that if we were linked with a player that had been released by a team like Northampton Town, there would be uproar even before anyone had seen him play.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
You have to say that if we were linked with a player that had been released by a team like Northampton Town, there would be uproar even before anyone had seen him play.

Indeed :agree:

LeighLoyal
08-12-2012, 08:39 PM
They did well to sign these guys then, I'd like to think Fenlon has an eye for a player, too, but he did sign Kuqi. :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 08:40 PM
They did well to sign these guys then, I'd like to think Fenlon has an eye for a player, too, but he did sign Kuqi. :rolleyes:

And Cairney, which raised a few eyebrows at the time :wink:

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
McKay was picked up on a free from Northampton Town while Aaron Dorran was on Blackburn Rovers' books and appeared 3 times for them before spending most of his time out on loan at lower league clubs.

Butcher is to be commended for recognising they could do a job :agree:

Yep I've said before it would be good if we could get our hands on Terry's book of contacts.

leggeto
08-12-2012, 09:29 PM
that andy shinnie is good too, if they still had hayes i rekon they would finish 2nd:flag:

greenginger
09-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Aaron Doran, an Irish Lad, still U/21 and out of contract in the summer.

Billy McKay signed a new 2 year contract.

According to I C T. official site.

NOLA
09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
that andy shinnie is good too, if they still had hayes i rekon they would finish 2nd:flag:
If they still had rooney they would stroll 2nd

ekhibee
09-12-2012, 05:00 PM
McKay and Dorran are both good players, and either would be an asset to Hibs, but if u believe in the Hibs board it would appear we can't even afford £150k for Griffiths, so absolutely no chance we'll get either of them.