PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at the office!!!!

theonlywayisup
08-12-2012, 06:27 PM
First half, IMO I did not think we did too badly. I felt we were passing the ball well. Unfortunately, after 15 mins when they created nothing, their first ball into the box and our defence went missing to gift them a goal.

However, as the half went on, you could see them targeting our full backs. At one stage in the later part of the first half, I noticed that they had four players up front. It was as if they knew that their tall players in midfield would bully our midfield, which is what they did.

You have to hand it to ICT, they were good going forward. Strength when it is needed, width and pace.

Second half, we were woeful. Nothing positive to say about it. We simply run out of ideas. The long ball to Sparky did not work. Spoony and Sproule got nothing from their full backs. Their midfield moved the ball quickly, whilst ours struggle to get hold of the ball.

Looking at Hibs today, IMO the weak spots are the full backs. And, today we could have done with some height in midfield.

A bad day at the office!

The only positive was the Section 43. Never stopped supporting the team.

LeighLoyal
08-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Poor result although no real surprise to me.

SlickShoes
08-12-2012, 06:42 PM
We are starting to really miss our captain, a couple of weeks without him and people thought we weren't missing him at all but we really are, we are back in the situation where there really is no leader on the pitch.

We are still much improved from last season but the squad is weak, if we had McPake, Deegan and Clancy back it would make a world of difference, and our bench would be of decent strength with the guys playing now dropping back/getting a rest.

essexhibee
08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Its done. We can forget and move on.

Need McPake, Deegan and Clancy back. IMO this result was coming have rode out luck a lot this month. Back to business next week. Only a blip.

Another step forward on The Road to Redemption next week. :aok:

Just_Jimmy
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Mcpake and clancy come in and it solves the fullback issue in one go. Mcgivern goes to LB and clancy to RB.

Tawio and lewis have done a commendable job but deegan back and well be so much more solid in midfield.

Id be looking to add a left winger in january which will allow cairney to play through the middle. Id also try him off a striker.

It would just give us more options tbh. Sproule should be moved on as his wage can be better used. As should kuqi.

john18722
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
That was even worse than Dundee a few weeks ago. I would be quite happy to state the "bad dat at the office, lets move on to the next game" if I hadn't been to the game but at the moment I am raging having only just got home and wasted 9 hours of my life driving all the way there and all the way back. Whilst also wasting around 50 quid in fuel to sit and watch that completely abject performance.

Craig_in_Prague
08-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Mcpake and clancy come in and it solves the fullback issue in one go. Mcgivern goes to LB and clancy to RB.

Tawio and lewis have done a commendable job but deegan back and well be so much more solid in midfield.

Id be looking to add a left winger in january which will allow cairney to play through the middle. Id also try him off a striker.

It would just give us more options tbh. Sproule should be moved on as his wage can be better used. As should kuqi.

Agree with all of that.
Missing 3 key players is a lot to cope with, whilst our strikers are not quite on their game and our creativity is still a bit of a problem though Fenlon has made really good progress in trying to make us stronger at the back but still playing nice stuff going forward at times.
He has got many fans back feeling good about Hibs again and to do so this quickly from the state we were in last season, has been fantastic.

Gutted we got pumped but the reality is it will happen, we have had strong hibs teams going up there and being humped.
We will quickly get back to a positive performance and result because the players and manager give a damn.
Stay behind them folks.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 07:01 PM
That was even worse than Dundee a few weeks ago. I would be quite happy to state the "bad dat at the office, lets move on to the next game" if I hadn't been to the game but at the moment I am raging having only just got home and wasted 9 hours of my life driving all the way there and all the way back. Whilst also wasting around 50 quid in fuel to sit and watch that completely abject performance.

Small consolation I know, but PF was equally upset at the performance http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20653570#asset

john18722
08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Small consolation I know, but PF was equally upset at the performance http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20653570#asset

Yeah i heard his interview on the way home on the radio. To be honest we haven't been great for a few weeks now. At St Johnstone and the derby we were poor but managed to scrape together results. The only game we have played well in recently was against Aberdeen and we ended up losing that one.

I didn't think Griffiths had a good game today and perhaps he hadn't fully recovered from being injured last week.

neil7908
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
First half, IMO I did not think we did too badly. I felt we were passing the ball well. Unfortunately, after 15 mins when they created nothing, their first ball into the box and our defence went missing to gift them a goal.

However, as the half went on, you could see them targeting our full backs. At one stage in the later part of the first half, I noticed that they had four players up front. It was as if they knew that their tall players in midfield would bully our midfield, which is what they did.

You have to hand it to ICT, they were good going forward. Strength when it is needed, width and pace.

Second half, we were woeful. Nothing positive to say about it. We simply run out of ideas. The long ball to Sparky did not work. Spoony and Sproule got nothing from their full backs. Their midfield moved the ball quickly, whilst ours struggle to get hold of the ball.

Looking at Hibs today, IMO the weak spots are the full backs. And, today we could have done with some height in midfield.

A bad day at the office!

For me strength, width and pace is exactly what we are missing.

Another poster has said it but I would love us to sign a decent out-and-out left winger in January as I think the team is very short of ideas going forward some times. Get Cairney into CM and I think we would see a bit more creativity. Although Spoony has been great this season he is not really a wide player and neither is Cairney meaning we can be very narrow and lethargic on the break.

The three injured coming back will make a big differnce but I still feel the issues above wont be fixed by them alone. I think Claros is a cracking player and Taiwo and Deegan have both impressed me in spells but I think those 3 in the middle of the park offer very little genuine threat going forward and without a decent wide man we are playing long far too often.

Dont want to be too negative as Pat has got us absolutely on the right track and has my backing 100% but the concern is that we've now lost 3/4 games in the league and shipped 6 goals to Dundee and Inverness. If you start adding a few 'Bad days at office' together it can make a big impact and looking at the league right now a couple of wins can be the difference between 2nd and 7th.

Baldy Foghorn
08-12-2012, 08:11 PM

A bad day at the office!

I thought we looked sluggish at best from start to finish, and we gave the ball away far too cheaply on many occasions....Opinions eh?:greengrin

leggeto
08-12-2012, 09:36 PM
shiyte day at the office:flag:

Famous5forever
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
bad day but in paddy we trust:flag:

chrisski33
08-12-2012, 09:49 PM
We WILL win our next game and this result will ve forgotton!

Feed McGraw
08-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Office my A**E

coco22
08-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Full backs are definitely being targeted as a weak point (hertz goalkeeper and CH warm up on Sunday geared at targeting them) and general lack of height and dig in centre mid. Despite that we know they can play but are coming across a bit flat at the moment

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 10:33 PM
It shouldn't matter what 11 players we put on the pitch, they should be giving it everything.

They didn't seem to give it anything today, which makes the nature of the defeat so frustrating.

AlbertK86
08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Saw goals on Sky Sports

Hanlon mistimed his jump for the header for all of them

Not helped by Lewis not cutting the crossed out for second and third

Listened on radio today and we sounded really poor

However we are still a work in progress and if anybody had saiid we'd be sitting where we are at this stage after the 1st game of the season I would have pointed them towards the Royal Ed

Desperate to get the fighters back in as we have no physical presence other than McGivern

Borderhibbie76
09-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Expected that loss today, to be fair we have now been missing our captain, clancy and deegan for best part of two months and its taking its toll on our small squad. I just hope rumours circling about mcpakes injury being more serious are not true as we need him back asap! Imo must ship Ivan, kujabi and kuqi in Jan to free up some wages, they are sadly no longer good enough, even as back up! But im sure pf already knows this...

AlbertK86
09-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Expected that loss today, to be fair we have now been missing our captain, clancy and deegan for best part of two months and its taking its toll on our small squad. I just hope rumours circling about mcpakes injury being more serious are not true as we need him back asap! Imo must ship Ivan, kujabi and kuqi in Jan to free up some wages, they are sadly no longer good enough, even as back up! But im sure pf already knows this...

Add Galbraith to your list and as long as we can get a replacement Stevenson

Would also let Hanlon and Spoon go if we got offered decent sheckles for them .... Again as long as we got in decent replacements

Hermit Crab
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
The only player that came close to pass marks was McGivern. The rest were utter pish.

Baldy Foghorn
09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
The only player that came close to pass marks was McGivern. The rest were utter pish.

Agreed:aok:

NAE NOOKIE
09-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah i heard his interview on the way home on the radio. To be honest we haven't been great for a few weeks now. At St Johnstone and the derby we were poor but managed to scrape together results. The only game we have played well in recently was against Aberdeen and we ended up losing that one.

I didn't think Griffiths had a good game today and perhaps he hadn't fully recovered from being injured last week.

Bang on mate. We had a good 2nd half against Aberdeen, but the truth is that against St Johnstone the Yams and now ICT we havnt played very well at all.

We need the injured trio back ASAP but I fear Clancy sounds long term and even worse McPake does too .... they were talking about "not risking McPake against St Johnstone" but 3 games later he still isnt back in the squad. We appear to lack bite in midfield so the sooner Deegan is back the better.

Getting a bit worried about the next few months now ... if we lose McGivern, Griffiths and Claros and McPake and Clancy are still out we will be struggling.

Perhaps its time to start taking more of a risk by giving Caldwell, Stanton and Handling more game time.

No team is guaranteed a win in the SPL these days so I'm not getting bent out of shape about losing a tough away game. But heres a quote from the report in the Mail on Sunday:

" But the Hibs players deserved to pay a heavy price for their failure to roll up their sleeves and show some fight "

Now THAT is unacceptable ...... I thought we had all agreed on that ... damn it !!!

AlbertK86
09-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Bang on mate. We had a good 2nd half against Aberdeen, but the truth is that against St Johnstone the Yams and now ICT we havnt played very well at all.

We need the injured trio back ASAP but I fear Clancy sounds long term and even worse McPake does too .... they were talking about "not risking McPake against St Johnstone" but 3 games later he still isnt back in the squad. We appear to lack bite in midfield so the sooner Deegan is back the better.

Getting a bit worried about the next few months now ... if we lose McGivern, Griffiths and Claros and McPake and Clancy are still out we will be struggling.

Perhaps its time to start taking more of a risk by giving Caldwell, Stanton and Handling more game time.

No team is guaranteed a win in the SPL these days so I'm not getting bent out of shape about losing a tough away game. But heres a quote from the report in the Mail on Sunday:

" But the Hibs players deserved to pay a heavy price for their failure to roll up their sleeves and show some fight "

Now THAT is unacceptable ...... I thought we had all agreed on that ... damn it !!!

You are right that this is unacceptable .....All the punters have been praising us for our fighting qualities this season.... hoping the boys havnae got complacent and it is just as the OP say 'a bad day at the office'