PDA

View Full Version : Small squad

hibby72
08-12-2012, 04:00 PM
WE NEED MORE PLAYERS , WE HAVE SUCH A SMALL SQUAD IT IS STARTING TO AFFECT US BIGTIME,:pfgwa:confused::confused::confused:

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
aye wae ken

hibIBZ
08-12-2012, 04:04 PM
need the injured guys back soon. was always going to be a tough game today. think it highlighted our weakness for a thin squad and being short of a few good players in certain areas

Greendub
08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
aye wae ken

:greengrin

steviehibsleith
08-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Squad size wont increase we cannot financially do that. IMO there are still one or two that need releasing as they are not at the standard required and this will hopefully be replaced with better quality within our finances. Also more development of the youngsters - Handling Caldwell Stanton .... which means they need more gametime to help them progress. Personnaly would have preferred to see one of them start than Sproule, never a football player just fast and committed and more of a impact player coming on as a sub when more space later in the games.
We are still doing well and big improvement from last season but three big players missing who are all first team starters is a major loss at present.

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 04:44 PM
WE NEED MORE PLAYERS , WE HAVE SUCH A SMALL SQUAD IT IS STARTING TO AFFECT US BIGTIME,:pfgwa:confused::confused::confused:

PLEASE STOP SHOUTING :flag:

offshorehibby
08-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Injuries and suspensions were always going to hit us as the season went on. The squad is not going to grow much in January. As somebody said we need to get our injured personnel back playing.

I also would have preferred Caldwell or Handling starting today, if these guys are going to progress they need to be thrown into the odd hard game.

J-C
08-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm sure I remember reading pre season that Pat was wanting more players in than what he ended up getting, this is now being seen in the scary lack of depth in the squad, maybe time to blood some youngsters. :wink:

Hibeesforever
08-12-2012, 05:13 PM
There is definitely emphasis on the "small" height of the squad. Three back post errors from crosses today. Thought the set up had potential with Cairney further forward. Unfortunately our midfield was bossed again.

pacorosssco
08-12-2012, 05:38 PM
we dont have a smaller squad compared with ICT just worse off with injuries at this moment. celtic will pull clear noo and it will be close between the rest

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-12-2012, 05:40 PM
John Roasterson was calling our defence small and that is something coming from him.

500miles
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM
This is the reality of Scottish game, and our financial situation. Look at Celtic, even they struggle when rotating the team around European games. The issue for me is we lost the 3 players who were the most physical and aggressive, so we struggle to find the correct balance in the team.
We are still capable of winning games, but lack constancy with our current injuries.
To be fair, I think ICT are a decent team, although, as with Terry Butcher's Motherwell side, prone to erratic form. As capable of giving a pasting as they are of getting one.

We're in the early stages of something good, but there will be good and bad runs throughout. This is Hibs after all.