PDA

View Full Version : Cairney Suspension?

jimmyboco#1
08-12-2012, 12:27 PM
By my reckoning Paul Cairney will be due a suspension if he picks up 1 more booking. Does anyone know if i'm right or not?

Would be a huge loss if so for his assists alone.

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
5 yellows so far so you are spot on the money yes!

jimmyboco#1
08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks.

if he picks up another one today he will prob miss one of the games over the xmas period. Fingers crossed its not the derby!

Hopefully he can 'keep the heed' for the next few weeks.

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 12:36 PM
How do yellow card suspensions work again? One game delay and then two game ban?

Ozyhibby
08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Any of his yellow cards for celebrations? Pet hate of mine.

jimmyboco#1
08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
How do yellow card suspensions work again? One game delay and then two game ban?

Really not sure exactly how it works. Just noticed that Liam Kelly picked up his 6th booking today against celtic and he now misses their game against us on 23rd Dec!!!

Cairney is our only player close to a suspension, so like I said, hopefully he keeps out of trouble.

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I believe the way they work is the day you get your 6th booking you can then play for 14 days...then it is a 1 game ban?

If you pick up another 6 then same again but a 2 game ban... so on...

Someone can correct me if wrong though?

DaveF
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Any of his yellow cards for celebrations? Pet hate of mine.

Pretty certain he wss booked for jumping into the crowd after scoring at Perth.

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 12:44 PM

:agree:

H18sry
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Killie player Liam Kelly was booked in today's game for the sixth time this season and will miss the game v us on the 23rd.

so its 14 day's after the sixth by that reckoning :wink:

jimmyboco#1
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
:agree:

spot on, he was.

Craig Thomson was ref!!!

bingo70
08-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I believe the way they work is the day you get your 6th booking you can then play for 14 days...then it is a 1 game ban?

Does it not depend on what minute of the game you're booked then? :wink: :tee hee:

If not someone better post a link of this thread to Kenny Shiels before he gets himself in trouble.....erse.

Twiglet
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Hopefully Deegans comeback on Tuesday will be successful. Yes we'll miss what he brings to the team but with Deegan, Claros and Taiwo we should be ok.

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM

Correct.

"3.7.4 Any period of suspension incurred by a player as a result of his having accumulated 18 or more penalty points, shall commence on the 14th day following the date of the offence which resulted in the incurring of the suspension. The suspension shall apply until such time as the requisite number of matches have been completed by his club in the competition in which the suspension was incurred, in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 3.8."

Cairney actually can't be suspended for the Hearts game on yellow cards, by this rule - if he's booked against Motherwell he's out against Celtic (before the derby) and if he's booked against Kilmarnock he's out against Dundee (after it). Craig Thomson will be raging at the people responsible for the fixture calendar.

greenginger
08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
spot on, he was.

Craig Thomson was ref!!!

I think Craig Thomson also booked him at E R vs Dundee Utd for not taking a corner when the United players were encroaching.:furious:

HibeeN
08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
spot on, he was.

Craig Thomson was ref!!!

:agree: Although you have to blame Cairney for that one, not Thomson. A players knows if he leaves the field of play that he risks a booking -can't have any complaints if you do it! But Thomson was at fault when ridiculously booked Cairney against Dundee Utd for not being able to take the corner quickly enough because the Utd players were too close! Still two silly bookings that could (and should) have been avoided.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Not so much jumping, more rolling really :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Not so much jumping, more rolling really :greengrin

:tee hee: