PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates .......... Using I-Spy For Match Updates

Mikey
08-12-2012, 08:14 AM
As per this thread here..........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?251873-***FAO-Guests-and-Registered-Users***

.............If the messageboard slows down during today's game then we'll be taking action to make sure it stays afloat.

Using I-Spy for match updates stops the load put on the board caused by users refreshing the page as soon as it loads. As soon as someone makes a post it appears in I-Spy, and it updates you in real time so there's no hanging around and you don't have to do anything!

To use I-Spy just click here..................

http://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php

If you only want updates for the match thread you can select Subscribe To This Thread from the Thread Tools menu and click on Add Subscription. Then, in I-Spy, tick the box that says Subscribed Threads Only.

I-Spy is particularly good if you have access to a second computer, such as a laptop or an i-pad. You can just leave one of them showing I-Spy and do other things on the other one. As long as refreshing the page every 5 seconds isn't one of the "other things" :greengrin

Any problems just ask.

Pete
08-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I can only find ispy using the link in your post. Is there a link on the mobile site?

Mikey
08-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I can only find ispy using the link in your post. Is there a link on the mobile site?

Nope!

It lives in the Private Members drop down menu at the top of this page and that's not shown on the mobile version.

on-the-level
08-12-2012, 12:29 PM
C'mon the Killie!!

Mango Man
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
As per this thread here..........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?251873-***FAO-Guests-and-Registered-Users***

.............If the messageboard slows down during today's game then we'll be taking action to make sure it stays afloat.

Using I-Spy for match updates stops the load put on the board caused by users refreshing the page as soon as it loads. As soon as someone makes a post it appears in I-Spy, and it updates you in real time so there's no hanging around and you don't have to do anything!

To use I-Spy just click here..................

http://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php

If you only want updates for the match thread you can select Subscribe To This Thread from the Thread Tools menu and click on Add Subscription. Then, in I-Spy, tick the box that says Subscribed Threads Only.

I-Spy is particularly good if you have access to a second computer, such as a laptop or an i-pad. You can just leave one of them showing I-Spy and do other things on the other one. As long as refreshing the page every 5 seconds isn't one of the "other things" :greengrin

Any problems just ask.

Where is the thread tools menu on the ispy thing? I can see the wee box that can be ticked for subscribed threads only, but can't see any thread tools menu.

Mikey
08-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Where is the thread tools menu on the ispy thing? I can see the wee box that can be ticked for subscribed threads only, but can't see any thread tools menu.

You'll find Thread Tools drop down menu in the thread itself. It's on the right hand side of the page, just above the first post in each thread.

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Nailrod
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Why was the link to the I-Spy thread taken off the top line menu on the Main Forum in the first place? Particularly if it helps to keep the board moving.

(I naturally assume that there is a forty page thread on this very topic that I never saw...)

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Why was the link to the I-Spy thread taken off the top line menu on the Main Forum in the first place? Particularly if it helps to keep the board moving.

(I naturally assume that there is a forty page thread on this very topic that I never saw...)

Strictly speaking it's a Private Members perk but we open it up for match updates.

Nailrod
08-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Strictly speaking it's a Private Members perk but we open it up for match updates.

Didn't use to be. I remember it on the main forum menu.

Mind you I remember Allan Duncan Davis Stanton Madsen McGraw Scott Quinn Stein Cormack Stevenson

Jonnyboy
08-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Didn't use to be. I remember it on the main forum menu.

Mind you I remember Allan Duncan Davis Stanton Madsen McGraw Scott Quinn Stein Cormack Stevenson

Think I might have gone to school with him :greengrin