PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates ICT 3 v 0 Hibs (FT)

Pages : [1] 2

CalgaryHibs
08-12-2012, 03:41 AM
The high fly HI BEES vist Inverness today for another 3 points!

Any team new yet?

What"s the weather like up n the highlands today?

ADMIN EDIT - Click here to use I-Spy for match updates.........

http://www.hibs.net/vaispy.php

More about I-Spy here.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?252175-Using-I-Spy-For-Match-Updates

Lucius Apuleius
08-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Still dark, but humidity is high on the Slave Coast.

Glory Glory :pfgwa

DoonTheSlope
08-12-2012, 05:07 AM
Gutted to be missing the game up in Invershnecky today, annual Xmas do in Perth with friends. Thought I could "nip up and back" the trouble and strife doesn't believe this is as good an idea as I do.

Good luck to the boys.

GGTTH

hibsbollah
08-12-2012, 06:17 AM
A cold day is forecast in the Highland capital, as to be expected for December. It will be cloudy, mostly dry with occasional outbreaks of rain, preceded by sleet or light snow, although this should have cleared by kickoff. The mercury will be around 4 degrees, with a brisk southerly wind (14 mph) making it feel colder than that. Atmospheric pressure is 1021 and falling.

I am aware that many Hibbys are planning to do the 'Gangnam' style dance 강남 to keep warm today. Just remember, nailing the 'galloping' move at the start of the dance is all about footwork. When you cross your hands over, your feet should go left-right-left-left, and then right-left-right-right. This creates the galloping rhythm. Don't just hop from one foot to the other. With a bit of practice you will look the part AND keep your circulation pumping :agree:

Stay warm out there :aok:

DoonTheSlope
08-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Gutted to be missing the game up in Invershnecky today, annual Xmas do in Perth with friends. Thought I could "nip up and back" the trouble and strife doesn't believe this is as good an idea as I do.

Good luck to the boys.

GGTTH

spike220
08-12-2012, 06:55 AM
A cold day is forecast in the Highland capital, as to be expected for December. It will be cloudy, mostly dry with occasional outbreaks of rain, preceded by sleet or light snow, although this should have cleared by kickoff. The mercury will be around 4 degrees, with a brisk southerly wind (14 mph) making it feel colder than that. Atmospheric pressure is 1021 and falling.

I am aware that many Hibbys are planning to do the 'Gangnam' style dance 강남 to keep warm today. Just remember, nailing the 'galloping' move at the start of the dance is all about footwork. When you cross your hands over, your feet should go left-right-left-left, and then right-left-right-right. This creates the galloping rhythm. Don't just hop from one foot to the other. With a bit of practice you will look the part AND keep your circulation pumping :agree:

Stay warm out there :aok:

This is fast becoming a prematch Highlight!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Take care if driving up. My friend hit black ice in Aberdeenshire and wrote her car off but was luckily unscathed.

Ggtth!

MoscowHibs
08-12-2012, 07:24 AM
I drove up in the wee sma hours, some snow flurry's on the A9. I'm in Beauly the now and it's cloudy, good visability and freezing cauld. Polar bear pinched my new scarf tae, so watch oot. ZZZZZzzzzz time.

hibsbollah
08-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I drove up in the wee sma hours, some snow flurry's on the A9. I'm in Beauly the now and it's cloudy, good visability and freezing cauld. Polar bear pinched my new scarf tae, so watch oot. ZZZZZzzzzz time.

If youre hungry,Theres a butchers in Beauly that does quality pies. Also the curry house is absolutely outstanding if a wee bit pricey.

MoscowHibs
08-12-2012, 07:54 AM
If youre hungry,Theres a butchers in Beauly that does quality pies. Also the curry house is absolutely outstanding if a wee bit pricey.

Aye Munro's. Quality steak pies and their Beef sausages are braw tae. The Shimla wid be the curry hoose, and aye it's no bad.

john18722
08-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Im thinking of going but a bit worried about the snow and ice on the A9. Has anyone else gone up the night before? I am assuming they will have gritted most of it anyway so it should be fine? Never been to ICT's stadium and why I chose to do it in the middle of December I dont know!

Frogga
08-12-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm on my way, from edinburgh to inverness todaaaaay uh huh uh huh uh huh.

GGTTH

Moulin Yarns
08-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Take care if driving up. My friend hit black ice in Aberdeenshire and wrote her car off but was luckily unscathed.

Ggtth!

Im thinking of going but a bit worried about the snow and ice on the A9. Has anyone else gone up the night before? I am assuming they will have gritted most of it anyway so it should be fine? Never been to ICT's stadium and why I chose to do it in the middle of December I dont know!

The A9 is a priorty route so 'should' be clear and well gritted. The roads in Pitlochry are still a bit slippy, though. A bit of a thaw yesterday then froze overnight. I'm waiting until the afternoon to clear the drive of hard packed snow.

Be careful and drive according to the conditions. Give yourselves plenty time to get there, and remember it will probably be worse heading back.

You are all precious.

Moulin Yarns
08-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Nice wee mention there on BBC Breackfast from Mike Bushell

The big Game in Scotland sees 3rd placed Inverness Caledonian Thistle take on 2nd placed Hibernian

Judas Iscariot
08-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Would take a draw today..

No Sparky, McPake, Clancy or Deegan, 3 points would be unbelievable :pray:

down-the-slope
08-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Lot less snow over Central Highlands on Thurs / Fri than Forecast predicted - also temps not bad for time of year. Just remember - overtake using dualled sections of A9...trying to save a few minutes has ended many lives on it (slightly less important but the mobile speed cameras have been out in force recently)

This will be a much tougher test than last week ends match - if we don't play well above that performance we will get nothing. ICT will at least try to play a passing game - so should be a cracker - with 0-0 being least likely score.....would take score draw right now

nairn hibee
08-12-2012, 08:49 AM
nice wee 16 mile jaunt for me today it will take me longer getting out of the carpark

soupy
08-12-2012, 08:49 AM
2-1 to the super hibees! :-)

macca70
08-12-2012, 09:06 AM

Is Sparky out?

I thought he travelled and it would be a game day decision.

Forza Fred
08-12-2012, 09:12 AM
30 degrees in south West Sydney today - a lot warmer than Inversneckie.

0-0 will do me.

We always have a problem with this mob.

Pam
08-12-2012, 09:15 AM
There's a thaw in Inversneckie, came up last night by train. Not a spot of frost this morning so hoping it stays dry.

Any boozers recommended?!

spike220
08-12-2012, 10:32 AM
The secret to winning this game will be defence!

GGTTH

bingo70
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
The secret to winning this game will be defence!

GGTTH

Straight from the John Mcglynn school of management :greengrin

The key to drawing the game will be the defence, the key to winning it will be the attack :wink:

S4uzee
08-12-2012, 10:44 AM

Absolutely, a game last season with these players out, it would be a definite defeat but you never know with this set of players............

OsloHibs
08-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Up here in the mountains of Buskerud it was -24 last night. When I went to work this morning it was -21 and now it's a very 'respectable' -14 with the ski slopes covered in sunshine.

No such thing as bad weather.. Only bad clothing :agree:
Come on Hibs, a wee something from this game will do us nicely. Hail Hail :pfgwa

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
caley v hibs is the BBC radio game this afternoon...woohoooooo about time tae

YehButNoBut
08-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Nice pic from twitter.

Looks a bit icy up there but hopefully we can get something from todays game, a win would be stupendous. :pfgwa

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9l2pcECIAEerij.jpg

Keith_M
08-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Up here in the mountains of Buskerud it was -24 last night. When I went to work this morning it was -21 and now it's a very 'respectable' -14 with the ski slopes covered in sunshine.

No such thing as bad weather.. Only bad clothing :agree:
Come on Hibs, a wee something from this game will do us nicely. Hail Hail :pfgwa

By contrast, it's a positively balmy -4C here in Munich, though the Snow Clouds are gathering as I sit here typing this in the SF Coffee Company coffee shop, watching the Christmas Shoppers go past.

Time for a Gluhwein, methinks :greengrin

Leishy1995
08-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Leigh Griffiths' last tweet "hope me and the boys can get the points today #3points #goals #cairneystumble #gangnam"

Ell_Chrisso
08-12-2012, 11:33 AM
^ sounds like he will play * crosses fingers *

YehButNoBut
08-12-2012, 11:58 AM
caley v hibs is the BBC radio game this afternoon...woohoooooo about time tae

Radio link for todays game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17534079

SteveHFC
08-12-2012, 12:37 PM
It's ****ing freezing up here

Titch
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Radio link for todays game

doesnt work in afghanistan arrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Kinda pleased I'm at home in my nice warm room studying today.

Wait, naw. I'd rather be up in Inverness, freezing and supporting Hibs. Doesn't help that there's a steady stream of Jambos going past my flat, being a five minute walk from Tynecastle. :rolleyes:

YehButNoBut
08-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Todays team Griffiths starts :thumbsup:

Sproule in for Doyle

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub Team: Williams, Maybury, Hanlon, McGivern, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Taiwo, Claros, Sproule, Cairney, Griffiths

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub Griffiths is fit to start in a 4-5-1 formation with Sproule added to the midfield #wearehibernianfc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23wearehibernianfc&src=hash) #fromthecapital (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23fromthecapital&src=hash)

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub SUBS: Murdoch, Doyle, S.Smith, Handling, Caldwell, Kuqi, Horribine #wearehibernianfc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23wearehibernianfc&src=hash) #fromthecapital (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23fromthecapital&src=hash)

Onceinawhile
08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Ivan in for the doyler, presumably with cairney in behind sparky. That's what I was hoping he would do, so no complaints from me.

Billy Whizz
Sproule in for Doyle

hibs4thecup1988
No Doyle?

4-5-1? :confused:

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Sproule in for Doyle

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub Team: Williams, Maybury, Hanlon, McGivern, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Taiwo, Claros, Sproule, Cairney, Griffiths

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub Griffiths is fit to start in a 4-5-1 formation with Sproule added to the midfield #wearehibernianfc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23wearehibernianfc&src=hash) #fromthecapital (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23fromthecapital&src=hash)

' Mon the midgets.

:flag:

Leighonel
08-12-2012, 01:07 PM
I like Doyle but have been thinking that he has needed a rest.

bingo70
08-12-2012, 01:07 PM

Sproule in for Doyle

Interesting, think Doyle could do with a rest and Sproule did well when he came on last week.

Not convinced Griffiths is very good up front on his own though so would maybe have preferred Caldwell to have started but i can see the logic of playing with five in midfield up there.

Craig_in_Prague
08-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Interesting, think Doyle could do with a rest and Sproule did well when he came on last week.

Not convinced Griffiths is very good up front on his own though so would maybe have preferred Caldwell to have started but i can see the logic of playing with five in midfield up there.

I assume he'll play Cairney central behind Leigh and Sproule LW.

Not a bad change.

HiBremian
08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
doesnt work in afghanistan arrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Please note, this match is only available to listeners in the UK"

Hibs TV or a proxy only :wink:

Diclonius
Would rather have had a straight swap for Caldwell?

MSK

Sproule in for Doyle

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub SUBS: Murdoch, Doyle, S.Smith, Handling, Caldwell, Kuqi, Horribine #wearehibernianfc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23wearehibernianfc&src=hash) #fromthecapital (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23fromthecapital&src=hash)Sproule for Doyle ..:hmmm:

bingo70
08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
I assume he'll play Cairney central behind Leigh and Sproule LW.

Not a bad change.

Yeah, i think that is Cairneys more natural position as well so i think Fenlon is making the most out of our fairly limited options up front.

AlbertK86
08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Ivan in for the doyler, presumably with cairney in behind sparky. That's what I was hoping he would do, so no complaints from me.

yep ...think that will be the case and think it is where Cairney is most effective

Lets keep the ball on the deck. nae point going long and high

1-0 Hibs ....Cairney to score

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM

So would I. Mainly because I have him as scorer of the 1st Goal in the Hibs Net comp!

:greengrin

bingo70
08-12-2012, 01:14 PM

I think Inverness play with 5 in the middle and neither Caldwell or Griffiths are target men so they'd swamp the midfield and our front two would get no service, IMO what happened last week so i can see why Fenlon has gone with this team.

ChilliEater
08-12-2012, 01:14 PM
4 strikers on the bench? Squad must be getting thin.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Is that Scott Smith on the bench? Thought he was at East Fife on loan?

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Straight from the John Mcglynn school of management :greengrin

The key to drawing the game will be the defence, the key to winning it will be the attack :wink:

Or we could try getting both right, or am I being ambitious? :wink:

AlbertK86
08-12-2012, 01:18 PM

it was only 3 month loan

oconnors_strip
08-12-2012, 01:19 PM

yes thats scott smith on bench, he has been back at the club for a couple of months. was only at east fife on a couple of month long loan.

dean horribine is a midfielder, yet another talented youngster that fenlon is promoting into the 1st team sqaud:thumbsup: gutted im not there today:boo hoo:

jdships

It's ****ing freezing down here too :greengrin

EdinMike
I like this Sproule for Doyler change. Gives Doyler a wee rest and I've always wondered how Cairney will do in a more central and forward a bit position as he seemed to do the other week.

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Man up Steve, just man up. :greengrin

Saorsa
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Man up Steve, just man up. :greengrin:agree:

Westie1875
08-12-2012, 01:24 PM
According to Lennon Celtc are now 4 points ahead with a game in hand, who wants to remind him that they just played and our match doesn't start til 3pm?

john18722
08-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Griffiths is out warming up

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM
yes thats scott smith on bench, he has been back at the club for a couple of months. was only at east fife on a couple of month long loan.

dean horribine is a midfielder, yet another talented youngster that fenlon is promoting into the 1st team sqaud:thumbsup: gutted im not there today:boo hoo:

Is that the lad from Pilton. ?

AllyF
08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Is there a radio link for the game today?

It's so cold in my flat I may as well be shivering my balls off in Inverness.

oconnors_strip
08-12-2012, 01:31 PM

yeah he is. great wee midfielder who has a fierce shot on him

oconnors_strip
08-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Is there a radio link for the game today?

It's so cold in my flat I may as well be shivering my balls off in Inverness.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
According to Lennon Celtc are now 4 points ahead with a game in hand, who wants to remind him that they just played and our match doesn't start til 3pm?

Even after our game, I think they still have a game in hand. I still share your measure of carrot'heid. And before you 'gingers' start moaning, I get enough of the 'follicly' challenged comments. :greengrin

Westie1875
08-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Even after our game, I think they still have a game in hand. I still share your measure of carrot'heid. And before you 'gingers' start moaning, I get enough of the 'follicly' challenged comments. :greengrin

They will have, but at the moment they don't and that 4 points could be back to 1 by 5pm this afternoon.

HiBremian
08-12-2012, 01:35 PM

Multiple confusion alert:devil:

HiBremian
08-12-2012, 01:36 PM
They will have, but at the moment they don't and that 4 points could be back to 1 by 5pm this afternoon.

Couldn't have said it better meself :greengrin

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 01:37 PM
yeah he is. great wee midfielder who has a fierce shot on him

:aok:

Seen him play a lot in his younger days.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2012, 01:37 PM

They have a game in hand v Dundee Utd at home. This was a cancelled game from August, when they went to the states for a friendly.
Game was due to be played next week, but the draw against Arbroath meant the replay takes priority

Westie1875
08-12-2012, 01:39 PM
They have a game in hand v Dundee Utd at home. This was a cancelled game from August, when they went to the states for a friendly.
Game was due to be played next week, but the draw against Arbroath meant the replay takes priority

See post #66 above

Onceinawhile
08-12-2012, 01:40 PM

It's not a game in hand until we have played ict though. At this moment we've played 16 games and so have they and were four points behind. So Lennon was wrong.

Liams
08-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I can see why he has doyle on the bench; sparky was 50/50 for fitness, so rather starting our two best strikers, start our leading goal scorer and see how l long he last for and bring on fit doyle with 30mins togo(can only ser sparky getting 45-60mins) rather than bring on caldwell or the plumber (kuqi)

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
08-12-2012, 01:47 PM
It's not a game in hand until we have played ict though. At this moment we've played 16 games and so have they and were four points behind. So Lennon was wrong.

Got your point. Lets just win today and bring it down to 1 point

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 01:47 PM
John Robertson saying Caley will win .... Surprise, Surprise.

BarneyK
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM

He's bound to be right one of these weeks :greengrin

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM

That's only because of his ex association with Caley of course. It couldn't possibly be anything else.

:wink:

NOLA
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM
mon the CABBAGE :flag:

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Sounds like a really windy day up there in Inverness on Hibs Tv radio - maybe a good day to keep the ball on the deck instead of aimlessly pumping long balls to guys who can't win headers?

wazoo1875
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Any photos of gritters driving past the ground would be appreciated !!
C'Mon the Hibs

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 02:01 PM
gie the baw tae reilly

or ivan

Moulin Yarns
'Mon the CABBAGE

--------
4 strikers on the bench? Squad must be getting thin.

Pat said so last week - the young lad Donaldson was defensive sub last Sunday, but he was injured during the week.

Minus side - we look a tad thin on the bench; plus side - the yougsters are getting their chances.

PatHead

Look baldy. It could be worse you could be a ginger baldy like me so don't pick on us redheads! :greengrin

jakki
08-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Mon the Hibees:thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
08-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Hope we are not reduced to lumping it forward to Griffiths. Would have preferred a 442 myself but in Pat we trust:agree:

Nailrod
08-12-2012, 02:05 PM

I'm not surprised, being as it looks like you don't have any hair. I hope people don't laugh at you for looking about six weeks old as well. That would be unkind...

givescotlandfreedom
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
What's this guff about Celtc in Europe on the commentary? Get lost and talk about the game

hibsbollah
08-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Who is this clown commentating? Lots of.chat about Aberdeen and Ebbe Skovdahl, Celtc, anything except whats happening in inverness :rolleyes:

Also said we had beaten hearts last week 'after 22 or 23 times of asking'...what can you say.

davey 2 good
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM

No he's from granton

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

essexhibee
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Goal Caley. :rolleyes:

PeeJay
1-0 Inverness - defensive blunder after Maybury foul!

cabbageandribs1875
clean sheet didn't last long 1-0 caley :rolleyes: unmarked in the hibs box poor po

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Poor goal to lose, defence sleeping 1-0 Caley

givescotlandfreedom
Baws

Diclonius
At least it didn't happen on Sunday.

YehButNoBut
Not good defending from Hibs as ICT score from a header 12 yards out from a Shinnie free kick

C'mon Hibs get back into this. :flag:

Aldo
08-12-2012, 02:16 PM
FFS. Need to get back into ASAP. We've no done well up north this season.

Mon Hibs long way tae go. Lets show some mettle

hibs4thecup1988
:rolleyes:

Mikey
Ross Draper scored it.

It's pretty quiet today so far. Everyone's using i-spy :greengrin

Liams
08-12-2012, 02:17 PM
No he's from granton

Actually hes from pilton, he lives nextvdoor to me and was in the year above at high school

oconnors_strip
08-12-2012, 02:17 PM
No he's from granton

from the official site "Dean Horribine, 19, recently won the Ledingham Commemorative Trophy and the tidy, industrious midfielder from Pilton has been with the club for 10 years."

im sure he spoke to my dad about growing up in pilton with my dad as he comes from there

down-the-slope
08-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Just checking score - at friends kids birthday party - :(

Plenty time but nothing like making it hard

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Motherwell 0 Ross County 1

St Mirren 0 St Johnstone 1

Keith_M
08-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Any news from the game?

Looks like my prediction of 3-1 to them is still likely.

matty_f
08-12-2012, 02:23 PM
ICT know the score. :thumbsup:

Ah...wait... :rolleyes:

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM

Baldy. :na na:

Peevemor
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM

Ärse!

hibsbollah
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Any news from the game?

You'll be none the wiser listening to these ****ing ****y ***** on bbc radio.

'little ryan stevenson on the ball for hibs' apparently

NOLA
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Had to laugh @ that

hibsmad
08-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Had a wee giggle at that.

And it's not easy to make me giggle when Hibs are losing so well done!

down-the-slope
08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Motherwell 0 Ross County 1

St Mirren 0 St Johnstone 1

You have done such a good job of promoting I-Spy .....

That its like watching paint dry in here :(

OsloHibs
08-12-2012, 02:30 PM
What's the line up?

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Motherwell 1 Ross County 1

YehButNoBut
08-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Whittaker scores for Norwich at Swansea 1-0

Hearts go 1 up against Aberdeen with a penalty, Stevenson scores

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Grifiths has great chance, but well-saved by goalie - corner!

YehButNoBut
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Good chance for Leigh but keeper saves, should have scored. :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Sparky shouldve scored on a one on one, great save from keeper according to doss **** Willie Miller

Diclonius
08-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Did Robertson just say it was a John Magennis error that gave Griffiths a shot on goal? :confused:

Hainan Hibs
08-12-2012, 02:35 PM
The way this game is going it might not be too bad a thing if Hearts manage to beat the Sheep.

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Williams makes a great save - Inverness pressing for 2nd...

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Hearts go 1 up against Aberdeen with a penalty, Stevenson scores

It's absolute nonsense that a guy who hasn't been paid, and will probably never see another pay packet from them again before he leaves in January, is scoring goals for them.

And the SPL seem happy for them to carry on this way.

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Hibs playing very poorly, will settle for 1-0 at half time, Pat needs to see where we are going wrong and do something about it.
But then again have we been playing like this for the past 3 games and just carrying a bit of luck.

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:42 PM
St Johnstone down to 10.

bingo70
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Is Foran out of contract in the summer? Think there's a good chance we could try and sign him if he is.

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 02:45 PM
from the official site "Dean Horribine, 19, recently won the Ledingham Commemorative Trophy and the tidy, industrious midfielder from Pilton has been with the club for 10 years."

im sure he spoke to my dad about growing up in pilton with my dad as he comes from there

Now that makes me feel very old. :greengrin

HH81
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Now that makes me feel very old. :greengrin

You are :-)

hibs4thecup1988
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
1-0 ht

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Half time .... Need some changes to win this game, 2 mistakes by ICT have been our only chances and we could not take them, can't afford to pass up free chances.

Mikey
08-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I see The Rangers are drawing 0-0 with Stirling at HT.

Shame :greengrin

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 02:50 PM
We need to come out a different team in the second half.

We just haven't been at the races at all so far.

Speedway
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Half time .... Need some changes to win this game, 2 mistakes by ICT have been our only chances and we could not take them, can't afford to pass up free chances.

Ultimately I think that, if we can nick a goal in the second half without conceding any more, we might just come away with a point.

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Hopefully our injury situation will clear up soon. We're really struggling for defenders judging by the choice of substitutes. There is no real physical presence on the park today and that could be as much a factor as anything else.

We ain't Barcelona after all.

1875HFC
08-12-2012, 02:59 PM
watching stream of Aberdeen game at the Gorgie hole (cant get hibs game) and the announcer announcing half time scores got a cheer when our result came over tannoy but said 'still enough time for a deflected equaliser'...

GIRFUY!! haha they still hurting bunch of clowns :na na:

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Ultimately I think that, if we can nick a goal in the second half without conceding any more, we might just come away with a point.

I watched the Caley, Ross C game last week and honestly did not think we would have any problems today, don't reckon ICT were that good but just goes to show, maybe Hibs are not that good at the moment.

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
watching stream of Aberdeen game at the Gorgie hole (cant get hibs game) and the announcer announcing half time scores got a cheer when our result came over tannoy but said 'still enough time for a deflected equaliser'...

I hope thats exactly what happens now!

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
I watched the Caley, Ross C game last week and honestly did not think we would have any problems today, don't reckon ICT were that good but just goes to show, maybe Hibs are not that good at the moment.

We haven't been that great over the last several games, we've just been grinding out results.

Hopefully we can do the same today.

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM
We haven't been that great over the last several games, we've just been grinding out results.

Hopefully we can do the same today.

:agree:

Golden Bear
08-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Is half time over? It's all gone very quiet.

Jim44
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM

............. which makes the sacking of our announcer even more annoying.

HibeeN
08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Is half time over? It's all gone very quiet.

Just not much to report, Hibs sound a bit toothless

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Inverness pressing for 2nd goal - we're still playing long balls forward to no-one for some reason apparently...

Mikey
08-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Motherwell 2 Ross County 1

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
2-0 jumbos wtf !!!

YehButNoBut
08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
C'mon Hibees let's get a draw at least :pfgwa

Hearts 2-0 now Paterson scored

Templeton puts Rangers 1 up

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Gawny no dae that.

euro Hibby
08-12-2012, 03:21 PM
hard afternoon.........

HibeeN
08-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Commentators critical of Hanlon-McGivern partnership

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 03:22 PM
C'mon Hibs for f***s sake !!!

bingo70
08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Have we touched teh ball second half? Sounds like a change could be needed, not sure who but maybe even Kuqi if he can hold the ball up and try and get us some possession.

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Doyle about to come on

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Doyle about to come on

Hopefully for Sproule!

I think he's touched the ball about 3 times in this match.

Actually, hes taken Cairney off. :confused:

Hibs90
Just in, how have we been playing? Poorly it seems?

Hainan Hibs
Sounds horrific.

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Doyle on for Cairney!

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:26 PM
2-2 well v ross co

st.johnstone down to 9 men @ paisley

AndyM_1875
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Christs sake Hibs.... Get a grip.

YehButNoBut
Motherwell 2 Ross County 2

St J's down to 9 men still 1 up

AL-Qaholik
This sounds brutal...

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:28 PM
we really do sound totally and utterly rank today

jakki
Mon the Hibees :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibs7
Poor, poor performance today, the quicker we get the 3 injured players back the better !!!!

Stuarty27
08-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Listening it to on the radio and we sound terrible.

Feel for the fans who travelled up there.

Franck Stanton
08-12-2012, 03:31 PM
was always on the cards for us to lose this game, we never seem to perform after winning/drawing a derby game - add that to the fact it is ICT away and you have a recipe for disaster. Squad is threadbear at the moment - getting to the stage we desperately need the three that are out injured to return.

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Att: 3,422

that's 90 more than the caley v hertz game a few weeks ago, big team my ar@e :greengrin

Mikey
08-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Saints 1 Saints 1

007 Mickey Weir
Not sure why Handling and Caldwell are not getting a run out. Both doing well for Under 20s. Also Stanton in Midfield.

Sproule????

cabbageandribs1875
foran, 2-0 and probably well deserved

HibeeN
2-0 game over

PeeJay
2-0 Inverness - Hibs sleeping again - game over, surely?

hibeedonald
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
1 attempt on goal. And it was a mistake from there CB.

2-0 aswell now.

SHOCKING PERFORMANCE!

YehButNoBut
Game over now 2-0 to ICT Foran scores, poor performance today. :rolleyes:

1875HFC
1-1 St Johnstone, cmon the Hibs another opportunity to pick up points when others are dropping them

HiBremian
2-0 sounded like it was comin:confused:

Sylar
The SPL slide looks well and truly on. Dundee, Aberdeen and now Inverness.

cabbageandribs1875
Not sure why Handling and Caldwell are not getting a run out. Both doing well for Under 20s. Also Stanton in Midfield.

Sproule????

i'm saying nowt :cb

Golden Bear

Sproule????

PF seems very reluctant to play the youngsters.

Hibs7
08-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Pathetic defending again 2-0 this is absolute garbage from Hibs, so much for improvement, even Ross county can score 3 against this mob !!!!!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Listening it to on the radio and we sound terrible.

Feel for the fans who travelled up there.

Golden Bear
In theory all is not yet lost, but from the sounds of it, that's clutching at straws.

matty_f
Pathetic defending again 2-0 this is absolute garbage from Hibs, so much for improvement, even Ross county can score 3 against this mob !!!!!!!!!
Gtf!

Big_Franck
Listening to the game and it sounds like we have been terrible. Bit of perspective needed though I think, if the rest of the results stay as they are we will still be 3rd. :flag:

archiebald
08-12-2012, 03:36 PM
cant remember us ever winning a game after winning a big game AWFUL :confused:

Mikey
08-12-2012, 03:37 PM
cant remember us ever winning a game after winning a big game AWFUL :confused:

Really? Are you 1?

Crossgates Hibs
08-12-2012, 03:38 PM

Sproule????

Need to start blooding them quicker not many other worthwhile options

silverhibee
08-12-2012, 03:38 PM
i'm saying nowt :cb

There's nothing to say. :cb

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:39 PM
dammit motherwell 3-2

007 Mickey Weir
08-12-2012, 03:39 PM
If Doyle and Sparky were not 100% I would have just done a direct swap for Handling and Caldwell. ICT would not be prepared for this. Also a fresh approach.

Well behind PF but sometimes I just don't get it. Why he plays Sproule is beyond me. Offers nothing and is like having a player down.

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Fenlon is about to bring on Kuqi (for Wotherspoon) for some reason - why not one of the youngsters and why not earlier than this?

Peevemor
08-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Gtf!

I concur.

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:41 PM
koockie munster coming on to change the game, i just don't get it paddy boy i honestly don't

Hibs7
Gtf!

You gtf if you are willing to accept this kind of performance, we have not played well in 3 games now and stole 6 points, get your head out of the sand !!! Absolute pathetic performance !!!

Hibs7
I concur.

Sheep !!

archiebald
Really? Are you 1?

answers on a postcard

jakki
Why can't we have advantage from throw ins? We have been terrible with them for years. Its a possession but we lose it straight away!

matty_f
You gtf if you are willing to accept this kind of performance, we have not played well in 3 games now and stole 6 points, get your head put of the sand !!! Absolute pathetic performance !!!

:hilarious

darwenhibby
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Teams has ridden its luck for a fee weeks missing backbone of team. Keep faith we just need a bit freshing up

007 Mickey Weir
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
koockie munster coming on to change the game, i just don't get it paddy boy

Game over. I now expect it to be 3nil. Sproule stays on pitch and we bring on a player that makes Nade look like Messi!!

FFS!!!!

bingo70
08-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Fenlon is about to bring on Kuqi (for Wotherspoon) for some reason - why not one of the youngsters and why not earlier than this?

I don't think Kuqi is as bad as some make out, he offer something the other strikers don't in that he can hold the ball up but i can't for the life of me see the point of bringing him on now, it's too late to for him to be holding the ball up and building possession, if he was going to come on it should have been 15-20 minutes ago.

Golden Bear

Is it the wage structure? I don't mean this particular substitution but it seems to have become a common theme in recent years that if there is another option to playing a youngster then the Club takes it.

Pretty Boy
You gtf if you are willing to accept this kind of performance, we have not played well in 3 games now and stole 6 points, get your head out of the sand !!! Absolute pathetic performance !!!

Lol

Bobo
Playing one up front is dreadful, we've got what we deserve for using such a ***** formation.

Totally unacceptable conceding the game before a ball had even been kicked.

Hibercelona
:hilarious

He's not wrong to be fair.

3-0.....

HiBremian
3-0:confused:

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 03:44 PM
3-0 Hibs defence AWOL!

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:44 PM
3-0 ah well you put ****all into a game and you get ****all back awffull defending yet again

matty_f
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Look forward to the bed wetting this evening. Fenlon out etc.

YehButNoBut
Defending been a shambles today we should never lose 3-0 to this mob.

Hopefully McPake & Clancy will be back soon.

cabbageandribs1875
Game over. I now expect it to be 3nil. Sproule stays on pitch and we bring on a player that makes Nade look like Messi!!

FFS!!!!

good shout, could be 4 :(

AL-Qaholik
08-12-2012, 03:46 PM
"We will never be pushovers again" - aye, very good Hibs...

jakki
I feel for the fans that made the journey.

Alfred E Newman
Listening to the game and it sounds like we have been terrible. Bit of perspective needed though I think, if the rest of the results stay as they are we will still be 3rd. :flag:

Oh well, another predictably successful day.

Golden Bear
Well I ain't at the game but I still feel as though it's a statutory obligation to say FFS.

:grr:

HiBremian
Rode our luck last 2 games. The truth is out today. We need McPake/Clancy/Deegan back.

carnoustiehibee
08-12-2012, 03:47 PM
If Doyle and Sparky were not 100% I would have just done a direct swap for Handling and Caldwell. ICT would not be prepared for this. Also a fresh approach.

Well behind PF but sometimes I just don't get it. Why he plays Sproule is beyond me. Offers nothing and is like having a player down.

Exactly. Starting 1 up front was always going to fail. Need the 3 injured back quick. Maybe the last time we see sproule.

Big_Franck
08-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Bad day at the office no doubt. Sounds like we have defended very poorly today and shown nothing going forward.

Still, I wouldn't swap positions with the beasts :aok:

Diclonius
Rode our luck last 2 games. The truth is out today. We need McPake/Clancy/Deegan back.

Correct. We miss our injured players badly.

bingo70
I'm not one to get carried away but our performances when we go up north aren't good enough, do the players stop off for a bevy on the way up?

It's not like we're in the Russian league and have an 11 hour journey going through three time zones, it's about three hours up the ****ing road, the players need to have a look at themselves, it's not good enough to say "ah but we've been better this season", we've barely kicked the ball this half by the sounds of it.

silverhibee

Gtf

PeeJay
08-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Doesn't sound as if IC have played all that well - just seems we are so utterly awful: what do these guys actually do when training - and why do we persist with long balls up front which do nothing but concede possession to our opponents - and why doesn't Fenlon pick up on this, as everyone else seems to have done so - apart from him and the team for some reason?

Boyle89
Listened on the radio. Sounds like we were honking. Feel sorry for those that made the trip to be given another abject performance. Need Clancy and mcpake back soon. Been going backwards the pat few games.

matty_f
We need the injured players back soon. Don't really know why he changed a winning team.

AL-Qaholik

Agree we've ridden our luck but, even with 3 players out, we should be able to at least compete with teams like ICT - we've offered nothing today...

matty_f
08-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Gtf

:tee hee:

khib70
Yeah people just can't see what a great result and performance this is, eh?:rolleyes:

Your constant attention-seeking cheerleading is getting really tiresome

Pretty Boy

Yep, time to log off for the night I think.

Days like today will happen with the squad we have and the injuries we are dealing with. It's disappointing but I'd be lying if I said I didnt half expect it. Tough day at the office, onwards and upwards.

Number69
Why do we even bother sending a team to Inverness? Predictable result every time!

Springbank
Anyone know what the w-l-d stats are for games where we've started with ivan since his return?

JimBHibees
Exactly. Starting 1 up front was always going to fail. Need the 3 injured back quick. Maybe the last time we see sproule.

Why? loads of teams play with that system. Easy to say now when we have lost.

Poor result that is for sure however ICT are actually a very decent team.

Bad day at the office lets move on to next week.

Hibercelona
I wish I could just say that we've played badly.

But we didn't appear to play at all. :confused:

Greendub
08-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Sproules only good as an impact sub, he should never have started

We have 2 bright young talented strikers who sat on the bench?!?

Oh and maybury is useless

matty_f
Yeah people just can't see what a great result and performance this is, eh?:rolleyes:

Your constant attention-seeking cheerleading is getting really tiresome

Gtf.

The_Horde
We've been asking for this doing for a few weeks.

We can't go on surrendering games to the opposition and hoping sparky pops up the other end. We have to start showing the confidence to control possession, taking the game to the opposition.

Malthibby
08-12-2012, 03:52 PM
We have a small squad with little in the way of back up, but the young guys could have been tried today.
Ivan gives his all but isn't a starting player & as for the Cookie Monster, I just don't get it at all. Hope I'm
wrong & he has scored 4 by the time I type this.
On a bad run, but have to keep the faith, it's still been a better season that looked likely after the first game.
GG

Frazerbob
"We will never be pushovers again" - aye, very good Hibs...

Where is this quote from?

yeezus.
I'm not one to get carried away but our performances when we go up north aren't good enough, do the players stop off for a bevy on the way up?

It's not like we're in the Russian league and have an 11 hour journey going through three time zones, it's about three hours up the ****ing road, the players need to have a look at themselves, it's not good enough to say "ah but we've been better this season", we've barely kicked the ball this half by the sounds of it.

:agree: We were awful in Dundee as well - to make things worse, the Yams are 2-0 up! We need McPake back asap.

cabbageandribs1875
08-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Doesn't sound as if IC have played all that well - just seems we are so utterly awful: what do these guys actually do when training - and why do we persist with long balls up front which do nothing but concede possession to our opponents - and why doesn't Fenlon pick up on this, as everyone else seems to have done so - apart from him and the team for some reason?

that's been a pattern for most of the season to be fair, it aint working now, maybe other teams have sussed us out...just a thought :(

Jim44

Well as one of the bed-wetters, I'm sorry to disappoint you Matty. I've resigned myself to the fact that we are doing quite well with a poor team in a league where results are all over the shop. There is only one certainty in the SPL.

SteveHFC
Pish that is all :)

matty_f

Days like today will happen with the squad we have and the injuries we are dealing with. It's disappointing but I'd be lying if I said I didnt half expect it. Tough day at the office, onwards and upwards.

:agree: Fenlon's got a lot out of these players over the last few weeks, we were probably due a game like this.

Big_Franck

This.

With hopefully McPake back in the team and Deegan back in the squad for next week at home to Motherwell, and with ICT being away to Dundee United we could be in with a decent chance of going second again.

The league outside Celtc is very tight, and games like today will happen unfortunately.

Still well positioned in the league and still in the cup :flag:

Spike Mandela
08-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Better Hibs teams than this have struggled in Inverness in the past. I am never confident of us getting a result there. sounds like a really abject performance and whilst still 3rd the fact we are only 6 points ahead of Hearts shows how vital wins are for zipping up the league

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Some people are still saying "We'll have games like this".

Do you mean games that we don't take any part in what so ever?

Losing 3-0 is one thing, but losing 3-0 because you just didn't bother turning up is something else.

matty_f
08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Well as one of the bed-wetters, I'm sorry to disappoint you Matty. I've resigned myself to the fact that we are doing quite well with a poor team in a league where results are all over the shop. There is only one certainty in the SPL.

We're a decent side with everyone fit. 3 key players out at the same time is always going to show our problems.

JimBHibees
08-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Why do we even bother sending a team to Inverness? Predictable result every time!

Did we not win twice there last season.

Tyler Durden
08-12-2012, 03:57 PM
We need the injured players back soon. Don't really know why he changed a winning team.

Because Doyle has been poor for the last 4 games.

Easy in hindsight but he's made the wrong changes today. Personally would've rather seen Caldwell and Handling start together. Even Stanton or Harris, too many of our creative players seem to be running on empty and could have done with a rest. Sproule has had too many chances.

HiBremian
Agree we've ridden our luck but, even with 3 players out, we should be able to at least compete with teams like ICT - we've offered nothing today...

Ever since I've followed Hibs, that seems to be the problem - can't compete, even when playing badly. But isn't that just what Deegs and McPake bring to the team? PF says it's a work in progress, so maybe we need a few more "competitive" players if we're going to get somewhere in this league.

Even then, we still seem to suffer from that other age-old Hibs problem - giving the ball away at throw-ins.

cabbageandribs1875
Att: 14,410 at the pink wongadome, that'll be another full house then

Alfred E Newman
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Yet another display of how to burst a bubble. After last weeks win the Sportsound team were praising Fenlon for sticking to a set up that suits Hibs with the weak squad that they have. A strict 4-4-2 with the players all knowing their jobs. I can understand Fenlons thoughts for resting Doyle but Sproule in his place? After last weeks performance I would have thought Caldwell was a certainty to play today especially given the physical nature of the Inverness side. Its another desperately dissappointing result that will do nothing to boost Hibs bid to sell more half seasons and only underlines how far we are from having a consistantly sucessful side.

Hibercelona
08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
We're a decent side with everyone fit. 3 key players out at the same time is always going to show our problems.

From what was on display today, i'd say it's a little bit beyond problematic.

We can't rely on having a fully fit squad all the time, it's the same for any team in the SPL. But others always seem to cope far better with it than ourselves.

We'd have been as well having all 11 of those players on the pitch out injured today and picking 11 fans out from the crowd. They'd have put in a far better shift.