PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman (Sport): Boxing: Final countdown for Pacquiao and Marquez

RSS Bot
08-12-2012, 02:10 AM
BOXING: The Las Vegas non-title welterweight bout between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez in the early hours of tomorrow morning has all the makings of a classic as the two fighters meet for almost certainly the final time. Their previous three encounters were gripping, all-action affairs between Filipino Pacquiao, probably the greatest offensive fighter of his generation, and Mexican Marquez, one of the best counter-punchers in recent memory. Marquez has lost twice and drawn once, but the 39-year-old firmly believes he was “robbed” of three wins simply because of the judges’ verdict. “Everybody knows what happened in the last three fights,” Marquez said. “A lot of people feel I beat him. But I want to have my hand raised (in triumph). I want the judges to really look at what they’re doing and get it right this time.”

More... (http://www.scotsman.com/boxing-final-countdown-for-pacquiao-and-marquez-1-2681740)